PDA

View Full Version : Construct book? [3.5]

SilverLeaf167
2010-12-31, 01:11 PM
From which book(s) could I find new constructs to use as enemies against my players? I can't find much else than different homunculi and golems...

Lord Loss
2010-12-31, 01:18 PM
Monster Manual 3 has a wealth of constructs and the 3.0 Fiend Folio has many diffferent sorts of golems. CW only has two constructs but they are quite flavorful. Many Ebberon books would probably be useful, but this is just an assumption.

MM3 includes: Slaughterstone monsters which are quite cool (but high CR) many types of warforged (low CR) Cadaver Collectors (mid CR) and many others.

hamishspence
2010-12-31, 01:22 PM
Most monster books have rules for one or two constructs.

From Lords of Madness.
The Elder Eidolon template (applicable to any aberration, animal, dragon, giant, humanoid, magical beast, monstrous humanoid, plant, or vermin)- turns it into a construct.
The Shaboath in the same book, is a construct favoured by aboleths- looks like an ooze and can engulf targets.

In Complete Arcane, there is the Effigy Creature template. Like Elder Eidolon, it can be applied to a wide range of creatures. They're easier to make though.

These are some of the more versatile templates- but plenty of books have constructs which only take a specific form.

MM2 is 3.0 (it, and Fiend Folio, have a free 3.5 update on the WOTC site) and has many constructs. Their monsters are often poorly CR-ed though- most notably the Adamantine Horror.

Dragon Magazine 341 (March 2006) has a few low-level constructs- including golems.