PDA

View Full Version : Ape Lord build [pathfinder/3.5]

Vallum
2010-12-31, 04:31 PM
Thats right. My need of a kick-butt wild man, lord of primates, master of simians, super lord of the jungle is in dire need. For the last four months I've been dealing with gestalt games, so a gestalt ape lord build would be sweet.

So far, I've looked at this Druid handbook here (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19868802/Druid_Handbook_revived) and this MoMF handbook (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19528526/updated_Master_of_Many_Forms_Bible__official_wild_ shape_rules), for it would seem fitting to include druid at least.

Unfortunatly, we're playing with the not-broken pathfinder wildshape :smallfrown: so that puts a damper on the swupa-dwupa owning the druid usually can do. But would the 3.5 druid be still amazing if the druid only transformed into apes? Can I still utilize MoMF PrC with the new wildshaping rules? Is there a way to optimize one type of form to transform into, If stuck with the pathfinder rules, or even with the the 3.5 wildshape.

I would only want the ape lord to change into being, (as you can guess), any sort of ape, (Chimpanzee, Gorillas, Baboons, Monkeys, etc.)
I can supplement if I can't, though, and try to optimize druid summoning and summon loads of apes, (was thinking half-orc, +2 to any stat, ferocity, and the awesome 7th level racial sub, OR Dwarf for deep warden and good stat boosts, but I can settle for something else...)

So, with the build and what I have to work with:
Because of pathfinder, dumping my physical stats would be a big no-no, but my focus for the build is wild-shaping into and summoning apes.

9 level character, with stats as follows
16, 11, 16, 18, 16, 15

Urpriest
2010-12-31, 05:32 PM
I can't see MoMF doing much for you if you only want to turn into apes. Fist of the Forest could be useful and flavorful.

Vallum
2010-12-31, 10:52 PM
I can't see MoMF doing much for you if you only want to turn into apes. Fist of the Forest could be useful and flavorful.

hmm.... Maybe I'm looking for another PrC... Nature's warrior? ((away from books atm))

And I totally forgot FotF... Talk about killing two birds with one stone... So should I aim for a monk build then?
Like Monk/FotF/??//Druid
It didn't occur to go unarmed build, totally phased about that possibility. Would an ape be able to utilize a monks unarmed progression because they both have hands? I'm not sure how it would work...

Anyways of boosting summoning one type of animal at all, btw??

Urpriest
2010-12-31, 11:06 PM
hmm.... Maybe I'm looking for another PrC... Nature's warrior? ((away from books atm))

And I totally forgot FotF... Talk about killing two birds with one stone... So should I aim for a monk build then?
Like Monk/FotF/??//Druid
It didn't occur to go unarmed build, totally phased about that possibility. Would an ape be able to utilize a monks unarmed progression because they both have hands? I'm not sure how it would work...

Anyways of boosting summoning one type of animal at all, btw??

Pretty much every method of summon-boosting boots almost all summons, there really isn't something that would just make your apes good.

Monk is one way to get in to FotF, depending on whether you are more stretched for feats or levels. As for what the build will ultimately look like, that depends on how pathfinder's Apelord works, which I'm not familiar with.

Any form can perform unarmed strikes, even a gelatinous cube. It's generally a good way to get iteratives on top of your natural attacks.

Nature's Warrior isn't horrible in gestalt...not top priority, but I could see a few levels of it as filler.

Vallum
2010-12-31, 11:27 PM
Pretty much every method of summon-boosting boots almost all summons, there really isn't something that would just make your apes good.

Monk is one way to get in to FotF, depending on whether you are more stretched for feats or levels. As for what the build will ultimately look like, that depends on how pathfinder's Apelord works, which I'm not familiar with.

Any form can perform unarmed strikes, even a gelatinous cube. It's generally a good way to get iteratives on top of your natural attacks.

Nature's Warrior isn't horrible in gestalt...not top priority, but I could see a few levels of it as filler.

I'll keep that in mind. Any summoning PrC you would recommend, or just stick with augment summoning and just utilize the SNA I-IV spells?? Or is straight pathfinder druid going to be best.

Oh no, not like the animal lord PrC apelord, I'm just thinking of the concept of a man who calls himself and Apelord and just having heaps of flavor revolving around apes, and seeing how far I can take this mechanically. So I was wondering if any summoning PrC's revolved around boosting your animals which would also happen to boost my apes, and just summon apes.

I'll keep the ideas of unarmed strike in mind then. I'm going to look through my old monk builds when I can get to my things and see what I could combine with a druid build.