PDA

View Full Version : NPC classes. What are my options.

AustontheGreat1
2010-12-31, 05:34 PM
In 3.5 and 3.5 compatible material, what are all the different NPC classes available?

The ones I know of are all the ones from the DMG and the Magewright from Eberron. My DM is not homebrew friendly.

Loki_42
2010-12-31, 05:36 PM
There's a prophet in Ravenloft.

Zeta Kai
2010-12-31, 05:48 PM
The adept is definitely the best option, IMO. It's tier 4, whereas other NPC classes are Tier 6. I don't know how to classify the magewright & the prophet, though, but I doubt they are better than the adept.

Urpriest
2010-12-31, 05:51 PM
I believe one of the other Eberron books has a variant adept that gets a domain. Someone else might be able to give more information.

LOTRfan
2010-12-31, 06:30 PM
Yes, the Urban Adept in Sharn: City of Towers.

Which Ravenloft book can the Prophet be found?

If I may ask, why are you using NPC classes?

Greenish
2010-12-31, 09:43 PM
I believe one of the other Eberron books has a variant adept that gets a domain.All religious adepts in Eberron gain a domain from their god or pantheon. They don't gain domain slots though, but add the domain spells on their spell list. It's from ECS itself.

Devmaar
2010-12-31, 10:30 PM
The adept is definitely the best option, IMO. It's tier 4, whereas other NPC classes are Tier 6. I don't know how to classify the magewright & the prophet, though, but I doubt they are better than the adept.

I think the expert is above tier 6, plenty of skill points from a list of their choice gives them a good amount of out of combat utility and UMD/Iajitsu focus + med. BAB means the aren't completely useless in combat.

Adept is definitely strongest though.

All religious adepts in Eberron gain a domain from their god or pantheon. They don't gain domain slots though, but add the domain spells on their spell list. It's from ECS itself.

Could they get the Spell domain? an Adept with Anyspell could play at T3.

Greenish
2010-12-31, 11:22 PM
Could they get the Spell domain? an Adept with Anyspell could play at T3.They could, it's one of the domains for, say, Aureon. They couldn't use it, though, since that requires domain slots.

Also, of NPC classes, I'm pretty sure expert makes it to tier 5, what with freely picked skills. Magewrights would only be about 5 or 6, too, due to their spell list.

Goonthegoof
2010-12-31, 11:43 PM
I think the expert is above tier 6, plenty of skill points from a list of their choice gives them a good amount of out of combat utility and UMD/Iajitsu focus + med. BAB means the aren't completely useless in combat.

Adept is definitely strongest though.

Could they get the Spell domain? an Adept with Anyspell could play at T3.

Anyspell specifically requires you to prepare the arcane spell in a domain slot, which adepts don't have.

Grendus
2011-01-01, 01:33 AM
You could also try the Gleaner from this forum. Not official, but if you're DMing and just need some more varied NPC classes, or can talk your DM into it, it's another option. You can find it by following the Gaming link on the left, it's one of Rich's homebrews.