PDA

View Full Version : Can you feint as part of an attack?

Keinnicht
2010-12-31, 06:25 PM
Same with sundering and other "advanced" combat actions.

For example, let's say you have three attacks per round. Let's say you have improved feint and improved sunder for the sake of ease.

Could you use your first attack to feint, your second to attack, and your third to sunder their weapon?

The Glyphstone
2010-12-31, 06:31 PM
Feinting with Improved Feint is a Move action, not an Attack action, so you can't full-attack and feint in the same turn (without Invisible Blade levels, at least). Sunder is an Attack action though, so you can use that while full-attacking just fine.

Forged Fury
2010-12-31, 06:34 PM
Feinting is a standard action, so it replaces your attack (although you can get it down to a Move Action with a feat, possibly a free action).

Sunder states "You can use a melee attack to..." I believe this means you can make them as part of an iterative attack. I think the Rules of the Game articles may have elaborated on this. Also applies to Disarm.

Lord.Sorasen
2010-12-31, 06:51 PM
Feinting with Improved Feint is a Move action, not an Attack action, so you can't full-attack and feint in the same turn (without Invisible Blade levels, at least). Sunder is an Attack action though, so you can use that while full-attacking just fine.

Invisible blade can't do what you want, but since it makes feint a free action, it's almost the same thing. The only issue is you're restricted to daggers (or a couple other extremely daggerlike weapons). I'm not sure if there are any other classes with this ability, but it's a possibility.

The Glyphstone
2010-12-31, 06:53 PM
Invisible blade can't do what you want, but since it makes feint a free action, it's almost the same thing. The only issue is you're restricted to daggers (or a couple other extremely daggerlike weapons). I'm not sure if there are any other classes with this ability, but it's a possibility.

Well, after IB got errata'd so it can only free-feint once per turn. That made it almost worthless.

Claudius Maximus
2010-12-31, 06:56 PM
Of the special combat actions Disarm, Sunder, Trip, and Grapple attempts can replace your iterative attacks. Bull Rush, Overrun, Charge and Feint cannot.

Fenryr
2010-12-31, 07:32 PM
Surprising riposte, from Drow of the Underdark, is a feat that allows a damaged and feinted enemy (in the same round you feinted) be flat-fooded. The effect lasts one round or 'til the enemy next round, whatever come first.

Not what you're looking for but may help.