PDA

View Full Version : (Pathfinder) Troll Vampire-Werebear

Curious
2011-01-01, 06:15 AM
I was looking through the monster adjustment templates, and I realized that the Troll was technically a humanoid, and thus eligible for corruption via lycanthropes and vampires. It seems like it would be ungodly powerful, and I think it would be an awesome boss creature, but I'm not quite certain it's possible. So what do you think about it?

Worira
2011-01-01, 06:57 AM
Troll vampire loses regeneration. Troll werebear works fine.

EDIT: That's for 3.5. Not too familiar with Pathfinder rules.

doctor_wu
2011-01-01, 01:43 PM
Troll vampire will not have that many hit points but it will heal quickly. Flaming silver weapons are not good The Damage reduction fast healing and regeneration will be annoying though. It does have 27 hp though becuase it is based off the trolls sucky Charisma which is boosted to ten with the vampire template. The immunity to nonlethal damage is really annoying but still a level 5 fire ball could 1 hit it. I do not see anything against troll vampires in pathfinder. If you have no way to do fire or acid damage your screwed. Scrags would be better than troll vampires as no running water restrictions.

alchemists will have fun agianst this too. Hmm and I thought my worg barbarian 1 with power attack was really powerful.

MeeposFire
2011-01-01, 05:34 PM
Trolls are giants not humanoids unless this changed in PF so no standard vampire.

Vampires (and all undead) do not get regen as regen requires a con score unless this was changed in PF.

So no regenerating vampire troll for you. Sorry.

LOTRfan
2011-01-01, 05:38 PM
Trolls are giants not humanoids unless this changed in PF so no standard vampire.

Yeah, trolls (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/humanoids/giants/troll) are humanoids with the giant subtype in PF.

MeeposFire
2011-01-01, 05:42 PM
Yea just saw that as I realzized I checked the normal 3.5 SRD not PF. Still no regeneration though. So this is about as nasty as any giant as a werebear with the vamp template.

NosferatuZodd
2011-01-01, 09:07 PM
Is there a story reason for this combo?

Because i'm just saying, it's a bad idea to just make some retarded monster and throwing it at the players because you can't come up with anything story-related.

Curious
2011-01-01, 09:09 PM
Oh, no story reason, I was just looking through the monster manual when I noted that this thing could actually exist. I was really just remarking on it, more than anything else. If I were to throw this at my players, it would probably be in some sort of strange Colosseum, as a pit-fighter or some such. I wouldn't just put this against them for no real reason.:smallbiggrin: