PDA

View Full Version : X360 co-op games

DDsmoot
2011-01-01, 09:08 PM
Ok, so i am looking for a good game that has an actual co-op campaign for the xbox 360. I know of Gears of war, army of 2 and left for dead. does anyone have any suggestions? i would really appreciate it.:smallsmile:

averagejoe
2011-01-01, 11:54 PM
The Mod They Call Me: This belongs in gaming (other).

Psyren
2011-01-02, 12:01 AM
Resident Evil 5 has fantastic Co-op.
You could also try Fable 1 & 2, Splinter Cell Conviction, and (if you like rhythm games) the Rock Band or DJ Hero line.
XBLA has a plethora of co-op as well - standouts include Castle Crashers, Tomb Raider Guardian of Light, Duels of the Planeswalkers, N+, Splosion Man and Plants vs. Zombies.

This site (http://www.co-optimus.com/) focuses on co-op games and will help you find the gems, including differentiating between online co-op, couch co-op or both.

Deth Muncher
2011-01-02, 12:58 AM
Scott Pilgrim is pretty good, but it's local co-op only, and it saves to a gamertag, so you'll have to have two gamertags on the same console if you want to play with another person.

Mando Knight
2011-01-02, 01:14 AM
By "actual co-op campaign" do you mean that the 2nd (+) player isn't basically just tacked on? If not, then you can go for a little-known and under-appreciated series known as "Halo." :smalltongue:

Sholos
2011-01-02, 04:54 PM
Somehow Borderlands hasn't been mentioned yet.

DDsmoot
2011-01-02, 05:36 PM

Yeah a lot mentioned i already know about and have already beat but i did hear some good suggestions so thank you. I want 1 or 2 to play with my friend but most games dont support splitscreen co-op much anymore bc of xbox live.

Falgorn
2011-01-02, 06:22 PM
Yeah a lot mentioned i already know about and have already beat but i did hear some good suggestions so thank you. I want 1 or 2 to play with my friend but most games dont support splitscreen co-op much anymore bc of xbox live.

Call of Duty: Black Ops has Co-Op for almost everything, save Campaign and Zork.

Nosferocktu
2011-01-02, 07:08 PM
Fable 3 has excellent co-op minus the camera. Makes everything a heck of alot easier with 2 people local or on live. Plus, playing co-op local as 2nd player saves everything you have and when you start your 1player campaign, it gives you everything back minus the houses.

Halo: Reach. PLayer customization, plus all your credits count towards your single player profile. Easiest way to complete Ledgendary missions.

Borderlands. Nuff said.

Resident Evil 5

If you need to check out co-optimus.com. They have every co-op game know in existance for every system.

Mando Knight
2011-01-02, 08:59 PM

Halo does. All 5 of the main-series games (1, 2, 3, 3: ODST, and Reach) support split-screen co-op in the campaign (1-4 players locally. 3 and later allow LIVE friends to join in, too).

Also, Rock Band and the LEGO Whatever games support co-op, if you're looking for a different kind of game to play every once in a while.
Halo: Reach. PLayer customization, plus all your credits count towards your single player profile. Easiest way to complete Ledgendary missions.There is an additional 150G achievement for doing them all alone, though.

Psyren
2011-01-02, 08:59 PM

*self-facepalms*

Knew I forgot a great one :smallsigh:

Nosferocktu
2011-01-03, 03:02 AM
There is an additional 150G achievement for doing them all alone, though.

Yeah, I know. It sucked. Spent 2 nights off going through the whole campaign alone on Ledg. I kept dying by the damn elite with the fuel rod cannon in the last level.

Jonzac
2011-01-03, 07:12 AM
Lost Planet 2. Very fun game.

Mando Knight
2011-01-03, 12:55 PM
I kept dying by the damn elite with the fuel rod cannon in the last level.

Legendary: Or, How I Learned to Stop Cursing and Love the Plasma Pistol.

(That elite, the game's only Field Marshal, is the only Elite in the game where it takes two charged Plasma shots to take down his shields. Afterward, he takes the same little tap to the head that the others do to bring him down)

Teutonic Knight
2011-01-05, 12:09 AM
If Zevox were here, he might mention this, but since he's not... yet:

Tales of Vesperia
It's a JRPG, so if your friends aren't into that then... and only the battles are co-op. But it's still a great experience overall.

Forum Explorer
2011-01-05, 07:01 AM
Rainbow 6 lost vegas. I don't think the campaing is one player but the quick play terroist hunts are and honestly that's all we've played since we got the game.

monkeysammich
2011-01-05, 08:26 AM
Splinter Cell: Conviction has a very good co-op mode. I'll second Rainbow Six: Las Vegas (though I think R6: LV2 was the better game).

SlayerScott
2011-01-05, 02:39 PM
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. Especially if you're looking for something that isn't an FPS or third person shooter. Not that I'm a hater, I love Army of Two, Transformers and Gears of War - so mad GOW3 is delayed. On that note can anyone suggest any other 360 games that are cooperative, not split screen and not a shooter? I've got my eye on Eternal Sonata and after that I've got nothing.

Sipex
2011-01-05, 02:43 PM
Not split screen?

From what's already been suggested...there's Fable 2 and 3, Scott Pilgrim and Castle Crashers.

Others? The lego games (mainly, they do go split screen if you separate though). Indiana Jones is bad for this but Harry Potter rarely forces you apart.

SlayerScott
2011-01-05, 03:16 PM
I have Lego Indy for the PS2, Lego Batman for the Wii and I got my sister Lego Harry Potter for her birthday and we play it relatively often. That is to say, great answer, just what I was looking for. I should have added those to the omissions and I will make an effort to try the Fable series. Castle Crashers is a downloadable, I have avoided joining XBOX Live to save money and keep from opening a huge can of worms in terms of lost money and time (though I did download a Worms demo for free - oh sweet irony).

Scott Pilgrim is another case altogether. I'm terrified of it because I'm considered a geek authority among my friends particularly in the field of comic books. I'm also writing from Toronto and I love my city. I'm afraid I'll hate the comic and the movie and will be dragged into endless badgering debates where people try to convince me it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. I'm lukewarm on Michael Cera and I hate self-referential hipster crap. However, loving Video Games, Comics and Toronto it might be the greatest thing ever and then I won't shut up about it.

(This was a terribly self-indulgent post. I'm sorry, I'll try not to do it again):smallredface:

Sipex
2011-01-05, 03:20 PM
First of all, if you don't like Micheal Cera that's fine, just don't watch the movie. The comic came out first and the game follows the comic (in art style and overall story) more than the movie.

Also, the comic is not hipster although it has hipsters in it. (though, to be fair, who can tell what a hipster is?) Scott isn't one though, and that's the main deal, he's just a gamer much like us who's had a bad run in life.

edit: So what I'm saying is, your risk of it causing drama is low.

Secondly, you don't need a gold membership to download xbox arcade games. Just a silver (free) membership and some points. The gold membership just gives you access to online play, facebook, messenger and some free goodies like demos and the like.

Airk
2011-01-05, 03:34 PM
I have Lego Indy for the PS2, Lego Batman for the Wii and I got my sister Lego Harry Potter for her birthday and we play it relatively often. That is to say, great answer, just what I was looking for. I should have added those to the omissions and I will make an effort to try the Fable series. Castle Crashers is a downloadable, I have avoided joining XBOX Live to save money and keep from opening a huge can of worms in terms of lost money and time (though I did download a Worms demo for free - oh sweet irony).

Erm... you DO understand that you don't need to pay anything for the Xbox live service if all you want is to be able to download demos and such, right? Yes, you'll have to pay for full games if you download them, but there's no 'overhead' charge for the Xbox live service unless you want to be able to participate in Netplay or voice chat or whatever.

Or did you mean you were avoiding joining Xbox live because you knew you'd love the games and buy them, thereby spending money?

SlayerScott
2011-01-05, 03:37 PM
Erm... you DO understand that you don't need to pay anything for the Xbox live service if all you want is to be able to download demos and such, right? Yes, you'll have to pay for full games if you download them, but there's no 'overhead' charge for the Xbox live service unless you want to be able to participate in Netplay or voice chat or whatever.

Or did you mean you were avoiding joining Xbox live because you knew you'd love the games and buy them, thereby spending money?

The latter - like I said I downloaded the Worms demo. Plus I'd probably plug in the auto approval to my credit card and next thing you know I've got ugly debts and I've been fired from my job for playing too much video games. Plus, i can really see getting into the online community for some games - lost money and time. I even heard they've got the old sidescrolling XMen for sale - between that and castle crashers I'm down 10 bucks within a minute of telling them my credit card number. I've heard great things about Monday Night Combat too...

Thanks for the great responses again.

Nosferocktu
2011-01-05, 05:59 PM
I even heard they've got the old sidescrolling XMen for sale - between that and castle crashers I'm down 10 bucks within a minute of telling them my credit card number.

Downloaded the xmen game for 360. It took me back to when I would go to the theater in Mich. 8 years ago and drop 5$ in quarters with my friends to beat the game. (I was always Nightcrawler). It was great for a nostalgia moment, but afterwards there is no real replay value unless you wanna play 6 player over live. I will still keep it for gaming parties when we get tired of playing Halo.

Airk
2011-01-06, 09:59 AM
X-men arcade game has not aged well. Plus, I cannot get over how much Wolverine (http://download.xbox.com/content/images/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410b11/1033/screenlg9.jpg) looks like Die Fledermaus (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_TKHXO3JlPxg/TQpCtx-yRwI/AAAAAAAAA7s/SIiObtB-z8I/s1600/diefledermaus.jpg).