PDA

View Full Version : homebrew request: ruby dragon (prototype gem dragon)

classy one
2011-01-02, 02:15 PM
Hello brewers, I will be having my players save a Quori bred dragon in my Sarlona campaign. For those of you who do not know, gem dragons are not native to Eberron, but bred by the Quori to be the perfect vessels for possession.

This dragon that I need from you is a prototype of all the gem dragons: the ruby dragon AKA Sardior before he obtained godhood. He is the first gem dragon on which all the other gem dragons are genetically engineered from. All other attempts to make another ruby dragon have failed, making Saridor unique. The breeding program that the Dreaming Dark started is only 60 years old so I'm looking for a young- juvenile dragon that has at least 13 CHA needed for possession. As a eventual god with the divine spark, he is expected to be considerably stronger than other dragons of his age, and that is what I am looking for.

Saridor's full stats and info are here: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20030124a

The story:
Needless to say, Sardior was more than his Inspired masters expected and was able to resist dreamshaping and possession up to now. Through his considerable mental might, he has found out that the Dreaming Dark will terminate him and all of his kind if they cannot break his will. The Inspired are scared silly of Argonnessen's wrath, knowing that they got their butts kicked in the Age of Giants. They figure they would have less to fear if they themselves had the might of dragons on their side. In a land of secrets, this breeding program is the biggest of all of them. If the dragons of Argonnessen found out the Inspired have been playing god with their kind they will be very very pissed.
Since they could not possess Sardior willingly, the Dreaming Darks plans plow through the gem dragon's mental defenses by placing him in an induced coma and break his will in the land of dreams where the Quori are stronger.
Getting the PCs involved:
The Dreaming Dark have built 4 modified monoliths in the middle of nowhere (like Dor Maleer or Rhivhaar) to concentrate their psionic might and penetrate Sardior's mental defenses. The PCs will be traveling south from the Tashana tundra (where they landed from Khorvaire) to Syrkarn (eventual destination is Adar), when they stumble upon on these monoliths. They found this usual since most monoliths are built in well populated areas to gather PP from the local populace. As they observe from a distance (the monoliths provide a non-detection effect), they see it is lightly defended but many high level Inspired teleport in and do something "psychy" on the four monoliths (giving PP to the monoliths) and leave. If the Quori hating PCs destroy the monolith, it will give Sardior the chance to break free from his induced coma and burst from the ground and engage his captors.

Thanks for your help guys.