PDA

View Full Version : Tournament of Ascention

firemagehao
2011-01-02, 02:34 PM
The day after the last battle ended...
Cheers erupt as the victors walked into the stadium. The stadium is not like it was during the battles, smaller now, with banners hanging all around. The dirt floor is still there, but there is an elevated marble pathway from the gate to platform facing the gods. The marble is intricately carved with scenes from each of the constants matches.

The gods sit, viewing the contestants from gigantic thrones mounted in the stands, each thrice as large as a man. There are more gods than the contestants would have expected. The pantheon to which their gods belonged was there, but other, strange gods were present as well. A few, sitting in the front, were the more important. One, a man who would have been fifteen feet tall, with white hair and a long white beard, wearing a tunic, a large shield leaning against his throne. Another, with the form of a tall, dark-skinned human with the head of a hawk. A third, wearing a wide brimmed hat that casts shadow over his face, the only part of which that can be seen is an eye that blazes like the sun. There are also eight others, which appear to be the heads of the elemental pantheons, the gods of the ethernal and astral planes, and the planes of both positive and negative energy.

A booming voice rings through the stadium, "You who have proven yourselves worthy, both in the eyes of your patrons, and in mortal combat: You have elected to ascend to a higher being. Do you accept. To Ascend to a higher level. You will be tested beyond what you could have conceived, and the fate of the multiverse will fall in your hands. Do you accept: Godhood."

Volos
2011-01-02, 03:18 PM
Krath, Champion of Kord

Kord's Champion stands on the marble platform in view of the gods with his arms crossed tightly over his chest. The smile that had been on clear display since his victory had now faded and he was now deep in serious thought. It did not take long for him to raise his right fist into the air and to loudly declare...

"I Krath, son of Baraj and Champion of Kord, Accept Godhood. I will overcome any test, destroy any threat, and I will protect the multiverse with my life... immortal or otherwise."

Devmaar
2011-01-02, 03:38 PM
Maedrinal simply raises his head, smiles and utters a single word: Yes.

Toliudar
2011-01-02, 06:34 PM
Fanto was relieved to be through the tournament, and able now to resume his natural, human form. He'd missed having hair. Also hands. Genitals, also very nice. Very. He sat patiently as the ceremony progressed, trying to be casual as he surveyed the crowd and thought about which he might like to approach for a liaison tonight.

As godhood was offered to them, Fanto considered the very real possibility that the only reason that gods offered others' godhood was because they didn't expect these new gods to survive. His mood wasn't improved by the absence of Sune, or - as far as he could tell - the gods served by the other remaining champions as well.

Nevertheless, he hadn't come this far to back away now, especially since there was at least a small possibility that he'd end up a divinity at the end of the process.

Fanto rose slowly from his seat, floating a few feet up from the chair. He smiled warmly.

"Fanto Thoron, humble servant of Sune. I will accept this responsibility."

Moranica
2011-01-03, 04:26 AM
Hehehehe, Dusty chuckles with a dry, risping voice. I accept!

Tacitus
2011-01-03, 04:30 AM
Adam Young

The man clad in gold and silk after his triumph has left behind his golden throne, and what a hidden pleasure it was. The moment he stepped onto the marble he recognized the scenes playing out below them and took great joy in grinding his feet against the faces and bodies of the depicted warriors who had fallen. It was subtle, and mere mortals would no doubt miss it, but his quiet brutality was absolute joy. When addressed by the booming voice he spread his wings and called out his acceptance on the verge of laughter, "The Glory of Man knows no bounds! I accept, the Scion of Man awaits your blessings and craves these new trials!"

firemagehao
2011-01-05, 12:31 AM
"Now, you shall rise." The voice says. You all feel powerful, as if pure energy was flowing through your veins. You feel like you could fly, or that you could lift a mountain. The crowd erupts with cheers, as your powers are bestowed upon you.

You all gain 20 hit die and five class levels, putting you at lesser deity. Can you post OOC your portfolio, favored weapon, domains, etc. Sorry about lack of flavor. Drifting off as I type. I might embellish it later today.

firemagehao
2011-01-11, 04:22 PM
The voice booms, "Now..." The voice is cut off by a what sounds like a boom of white noise. A black rip appears in the sky, as obscene creatures spawn from it. After the crowd realizes what is happening, they leap into battle against the creatures, aboleths, grells, beholders, and unrecognizable creatures of shadow.

The other gods too go into battle, the hurling lightening bolts, and hurling fire balls of fire. Some of the gods, like one, wielding a giant hammer, rush into the melee. As one is about to go into battle, he says to you, "Go, you have power, use it."

Toliudar
2011-01-11, 08:38 PM
"A rift from the far realms?"

Nodding, Fanto gestures, and his faithful Tess moves to his side. Fanto becomes even more glittering and beautiful, drawing a gleaming rapier, and Tess becomes a bluish, feral humanoid. Both blink out and

Tess becomes a Winterwight, and the two teleport to a point where they can analyze the rift that has opened. For the brief period that they are there, Tess fends off anything that attempts to attack Fanto. Spellcraft: [roll0]

Volos
2011-01-12, 03:32 PM
Krath, God of Strength

Slamming his fist into the ground, Krath summons up the earth to create a tall pillar of stone. The earth rises higher and higher, raising Krath up into the sky. Fur starts to grow over his body as he screams a bold war cry, blood dripping from his fangs. This terrible visage of pure rage draws the greataxe from it's back as it jumps skyward from the pillar of earth. The bear grows in size, untill it stands at just under two thousand feet tall. The axe swings at anything within reach that came from that terrible rift. Krath, God of Strength, was fighting with all of his strength right out of the gate.

Free Actions: Divine Earth Master to make a tall pillar. Rage/Frenzy to turn into a dire bear. Alter Size to become collosal size.

Special: Intimidate vs all enemies that can view me. This can be through normal sight, blindsight, clairvoyance, anything. As long as they can percieve me, they have to make a will save vs my intimidate check. If they have less HD than me, they become panicked for 4d6 rounds. If they have more HD than me but less than twice my level (I have 54 HD) then they become shaken for 4d6 rounds. Immunity to fear effects would save them from having to make the will save of course.
Intimidate [roll0] +4 per size catagory larger than the target and I am Collosal.

Special: Intimidate as a free action vs one foe within 30 feet due to Intimidating Rage feat. I am attempting to demoralize said foe. They roll a modified level check vs my intimidate or a will save, whicher is higher.
Intimidate [roll1] +4 per size category larger than the target and I am Collosal.

Full Attack Action: I have 30ft reach with my attacks. This is beyond the 30ft by 30ft space I am taking up. I am using the Power Attack option as well as the Knockback option.
*If I hit a foe with Power Attack, I am allowed to make a free bullrush attempt applying double the number I subtracted for Power Attack to my bullrush attempt. I do not move but my foe is knocked back 5 feet for every 5 points I beat their strength check by.
*If I score a critcal hit with my greataxe, my foe must make a DC 88 will save or die instantly.
*If I kill anything, I have the Great Cleave feat so I will take that attack again against the next foe.
*My greataxe is concidered chaoic aligned for overcoming Damage reduction, and does an extra 2d6 damage vs Lawful creatures.
*All my greataxe attacks are against the touch AC of my foes (ignoring armor and natural armor) and any foe struck with my greataxe must make a DC 34 Fort save or be stunned for 1d10 rounds.

1st Attack
1st Attack vs Touch AC [roll2] crit 19-20x3
1st Crit Confirm vs Touch AC [rollv]1d20+60[/rollv}
1st Damage [roll3] + [roll4] vs Lawful + [roll5] rounds stunned
1st Knockback Bullrush [roll6]

2nd Attack
2nd Attack vs Touch AC [roll7] crit 19-20x3
2nd Crit Confirm vs Touch AC [rollv]1d20+60[/rollv}
2nd Damage [roll8] + [roll9] vs Lawful + [roll10] rounds stunned
2nd Knockback Bullrush [roll11]

3rd Attack
3rd Attack vs Touch AC [roll12] crit 19-20x3
3rd Crit Confirm vs Touch AC [rollv]1d20+55[/rollv}
3rd Damage [roll13] + [roll14] vs Lawful + [roll15] rounds stunned
3rd Knockback Bullrush [roll16]

4th Attack
4th Attack vs Touch AC [roll17] crit 19-20x3
4th Crit Confirm vs Touch AC [rollv]1d20+50[/rollv}
4th Damage [roll18] + [roll19] vs Lawful + [roll20] rounds stunned
4th Knockback Bullrush [roll21]

5th Attack
5th Attack vs Touch AC [roll22] crit 19-20x3
5th Crit Confirm vs Touch AC [rollv]1d20+45[/rollv}
5th Damage [roll23] + [roll24] vs Lawful + [roll25] rounds stunned
5th Knockback Bullrush [roll26]

firemagehao
2011-01-13, 04:27 PM
Still waiting for Devmaar for the next round to start.
"It appears so." An angle says in response to Fanto's question, innediTly before a bolt of dark energy pierces through it's head.

Devmaar
2011-01-13, 06:42 PM
Seeing the attack Maedrinal confidently moves into action.

Chameleon Bonus Feat is Deadly Precision
First, 12 IP to activate Sneak Attack 7d6, Sudden Strike 7d6, Hide in Plain Sight.

Bluff check to hide (in case of observers): take 10 for 81
Hide Check: Take 10 for 156 (I have Darkstalker)

Spend 3 IP for extra action

Cast Overland Flight

Shadow Blink to position from where I can attack most enemies

Initiate Time Stands Still

Target as many different foes as possible

Spend 1 IP on each attack and damage roll
Full attack 1
Attack[roll0] Damage[roll1] Sneak Attack [roll2] Sudden Strike [roll3] natural 1
Attack[roll4] Damage[roll5] Sneak Attack [roll6] (36) Sudden Strike [roll7] (34)
Attack[roll]1d20+46/roll] Damage[roll8] Sneak Attack [roll9](33) Sudden Strike [roll10](37) will re-roll attack OOC
Attack[roll11] Damage[roll12] Sneak Attack [roll13](28) Sudden Strike [roll14](27)
Attack[roll15] Damage[roll16] Sneak Attack [roll17] Sudden Strike [roll18]natural 1
Full Attack 2
Attack[roll19] Damage[roll20] Sneak Attack [roll21](38) Sudden Strike [roll22](32) <===threat
Attack[roll23] Damage[roll24] Sneak Attack [roll25] Sudden Strike [roll26]
Attack[roll]1d20+46/roll] Damage[roll27] Sneak Attack [roll28](33) Sudden Strike [roll29](32) will re-roll attack OOC
Attack[roll30] Damage[roll31] Sneak Attack [roll32](43) Sudden Strike [roll33](31)
Attack[roll34] Damage[roll35] Sneak Attack [roll36](28) Sudden Strike [roll37](30)
Sneak Attack/Sudden Strike re-rolls (Deadly Precision)[roll38]

firemagehao
2011-01-16, 07:19 PM
You destroy thousands of enemies along with the other gods, thousands dropping to the ground. Unfortunately, they are soon replaced by a second wave. They soon overtake most of the smaller outsiders, leaving only the gods standing.

Toliudar
2011-01-16, 07:59 PM
"This is pointless. We need to get to the root of this."

Reaching out telepathically to the many other powerful gods of magic, Fanto helped bring all of them together. The magic of a dozen pantheons weaves together, forming a complex braids of energies, encompassing every hue. The braid snakes its way through the rift like a needle and thread, binding it together and sealing it closed once again.

Volos
2011-01-18, 01:11 AM
Krath, God of Strength

"FEAR ME! Hell will be your respite from my fury!!!" Krath bellows with all of his might as he continues to cleave from foe to weapon back to foe, leaving none in his path standing. The earth pushes further, making a mounter underneath him as it rises him as close as it can to the rift itself. The blood flowing from between his fangs starts to form foul rivers below as he screams at his foes as well as sundering them with his powerful greataxe.

Free Actions: Divine Earth Master to make a tall pillar.

Special: Intimidate vs all enemies that can view me. This can be through normal sight, blindsight, clairvoyance, anything. As long as they can percieve me, they have to make a will save vs my intimidate check. If they have less HD than me, they become panicked for 4d6 rounds. If they have more HD than me but less than twice my level (I have 54 HD) then they become shaken for 4d6 rounds. Immunity to fear effects would save them from having to make the will save of course.
Intimidate, I take a ten to get 156. +4 per size catagory larger than the target and I am Collosal.

Special: Intimidate as a free action vs one foe within 30 feet due to Intimidating Rage feat. I am attempting to demoralize said foe. They roll a modified level check vs my intimidate or a will save, whicher is higher.
Intimidate, I take a ten to get 156. +4 per size category larger than the target and I am Collosal.

Full Attack Action: I have 30ft reach with my attacks. This is beyond the 30ft by 30ft space I am taking up. I am using the Power Attack option as well as the Knockback option.
*If I hit a foe with Power Attack, I am allowed to make a free bullrush attempt applying double the number I subtracted for Power Attack to my bullrush attempt. I do not move but my foe is knocked back 5 feet for every 5 points I beat their strength check by.
*If I score a critcal hit with my greataxe, my foe must make a DC 88 will save or die instantly.
*If I kill anything, I have the Great Cleave feat so I will take that attack again against the next foe.
*My greataxe is concidered chaoic aligned for overcoming Damage reduction, and does an extra 2d6 damage vs Lawful creatures.
*All my greataxe attacks are against the touch AC of my foes (ignoring armor and natural armor) and any foe struck with my greataxe must make a DC 34 Fort save or be stunned for 1d10 rounds.

1st Attack
1st Attack vs Touch AC [roll0] crit 19-20x3
1st Crit Confirm vs Touch AC [roll1]
1st Damage [roll2] + [roll3] vs Lawful + [roll4] rounds stunned
1st Knockback Bullrush, I take a ten to get 164

2nd Attack
2nd Attack vs Touch AC [roll5] crit 19-20x3
2nd Crit Confirm vs Touch AC [roll6]
2nd Damage [roll7] + [roll8] vs Lawful + [roll9] rounds stunned
2nd Knockback Bullrush, I take a ten to get 164

3rd Attack
3rd Attack vs Touch AC [roll10] crit 19-20x3
3rd Crit Confirm vs Touch AC [roll11]
3rd Damage [roll12] + [roll13] vs Lawful + [roll14] rounds stunned
3rd Knockback Bullrush, I take ten to get 154

4th Attack
4th Attack vs Touch AC [roll15] crit 19-20x3
4th Crit Confirm vs Touch AC [roll16]
4th Damage [roll17] + [roll18] vs Lawful + [roll19] rounds stunned
4th Knockback Bullrush, I take ten to get 144

5th Attack
5th Attack vs Touch AC [roll20] crit 19-20x3
5th Crit Confirm vs Touch AC [roll21]
5th Damage [roll22] + [roll23] vs Lawful + [roll24] rounds stunned
5th Knockback Bullrush, I take ten to get 134

Devmaar
2011-01-18, 05:59 PM
Noting his inability to affect the masses Maedrinal will cast Wraithstrike pick out a particularly threatening looking enemy and fly over to it, before using Five-Shadow Creeping Ice Enervation Strike.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] Sneak Attack: [roll2] Sudden Strike [roll3] I'm going to re-roll these OOC with the [rollv] tags so I can re-roll 1s

re-rolls [roll4]

Final Scores: Sneak Attack 32, Sudden Strike 24

Strike Damage: [roll5]
Special Effect: [roll6] Speed Reduced to 0

Potential Ability Damage:
STR:[roll7]
DEX:[roll8]
CON:[roll9]

Effect Duration: [roll10]
DC33 Fort save to ignore speed reduction and take half the ability damage

firemagehao
2011-01-19, 04:18 PM
Though you kill many aberration, all of tour efforts were in vain. As soon as the rift is introduced to Fanto's magical thread, it becomes static. Then, it's boundries begin to fluctuate iratically, until the entire thing appears to burst. It covers the entire sky, and quickly envelopes the entire plane. You all find yourselves in a dark, damp cavern. Alone except for each other.Unbeknownst to you, the rifts form around large concentrations of godly power. The spike in energy when you became gods was enough to form one. The magical "thread" was enough to make it so large that it became larger than the plane you were on. You are now in an odd part of the far realms.
Explanations in the spoiler.

Toliudar
2011-01-19, 04:48 PM
"Oh dear. That can't be good."

Fanto looks around.

With Extra Sense Enhancement, Fanto should be able to see five miles in the dark, and through 60' of rock. Basically, I'm checking to see if anyone else is in the cavern with me, and if my newly-gained divine powers are working.

Toliudar
2011-01-19, 05:27 PM
Also, a Knowledge (the planes) check to understand the properties of this plane: [roll0]

Devmaar
2011-01-19, 07:21 PM
I have Mind Blank and Freedom of Movement at will, assume they are constantly active, recast whenever the duration runs out.

Maedrinal will Shift Form to a Solar, using Alter Size to remain medium.
No.

I now have Darkvision out to 6 miles, and my Clearsight ability gives me a permanent True Seeing effect

firemagehao
2011-01-22, 12:56 PM
You appear to be in a large cavern, slime oozing from the walls. You can not see through the walls, and your true seeing does not seem to be functioning. You do however, see each other.

Toliudar
2011-01-22, 01:53 PM
Fanto drifts upward a bit, away from the slime.

Roughly how big is the cavern?
Are there any exits?
Is the divine ability to see part-way into the walls working?

Relating to my knowledge The Planes (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/planes.htm)check:
How is gravity functioning here?
How is time functioning here?
How is magic functioning here?
Assume that he is doing whatever modest testing (tossing a coin, casting some low level spells) that's required, in conjunction with the skill check, to get the answers.

firemagehao
2011-01-23, 12:57 PM
Time, gravity, and magic ebb and flow. Whenever you cast a spell, roll a d4, and on a 1, make a DC 55 spellcraft check or loose the spell, and loose the ability to cast spells of that level for a minute. The variations in gravity and time do not have any mechanical affects.

Toliudar
2011-01-24, 03:40 PM
Fanto arches an eyebrow.

"Well, that seems to have blown up the universe. Strange. Distressing, really."

Pulling out a small knife, he begins whittling a chunk of the air into a Klein bottle.

Devmaar
2011-01-24, 03:52 PM
I don't expect this will work but I'll give it a go.
Plane Shift to the material plane

firemagehao
2011-01-24, 07:01 PM
And your saves for said spell?

Devmaar
2011-01-24, 07:13 PM
Oh yeah, [roll0]

Spellcraft: take 10 for 89

firemagehao
2011-01-24, 08:04 PM
As you attempt to plane shift, you hear a screech pierce through the air (think air raid siren), and two creatures, dark masses of energy, fly towards the two of you.

Toliudar
2011-01-24, 10:35 PM
Knowledge (the planes), using Collector of Stories: [roll0] to figure out what they are.
Greater Arcane Sight is in effect, so if there are any magical effects that, for instance, summon far realms horrors whenever we try to do anything, he'd be picking that up.

Devmaar
2011-01-25, 10:28 AM
Maedrinal immediately conceals himself.

4 IP activat HiPS
Bluff check (feint) take 10= 81
Hide check take 10= 160

firemagehao
2011-01-25, 07:57 PM
They are guards, attracted by your magic.

Attempts at feinting are fruitless, as are attempts at hiding. One of the creatures shoots through Maedrinal (50 damage), giving him the feeling that a pole had been shoved through his chest, though there is no visible damage. The other seems to be confused, knowing that there should be another entity, but he can not seem to detect one.

Toliudar
2011-01-26, 04:37 PM
I don't understand. The plane shift worked, right? Devmaar passed the spellcraft check, so he successfully plane shifted?

If not, what blocked him?

firemagehao
2011-01-27, 03:27 PM
For the moment, there seems to be no other plane to shift to.

Toliudar
2011-01-27, 06:54 PM
Fanto decided to leave the fighting to those who were good at it. He began floating through the cave, trying to find an exit or other distinguishing feature.

firemagehao
2011-01-27, 07:05 PM
As fanto begins to move, the creature seems to notice him, and strikes him. (for 50 damage)

Toliudar
2011-01-27, 07:06 PM
Fanto flies away. Since he can see for six miles, finding the exit to the cave should be possible.

firemagehao
2011-01-27, 07:09 PM
He can not see an exit, but he can see many paths that branch off from the hallway he appears to be in. As Fanto moves, the creature shoots through him. (for 50 damage)

Toliudar
2011-01-27, 07:15 PM
Deeply bored by creatures that have no discernable features and just automatically pierce all his defences for arbitrary damage, Fanto selects one of the passages and teleports to a point 30' down it, out of view of the guards.

Auto-success in beating the spellcraft check.

firemagehao
2011-01-27, 07:36 PM
The shadowy masses of energy stop, now that neither god is moving.