PDA

View Full Version : Taltasque - Trouble locating it

Halae
2011-01-02, 06:19 PM
A while back I remember someone talking about a city that was built on the tarrasque, held down by immovable harpoons and people were eating the big guy. I also remembering a PDF with all the information from this one it - does anybody have access to that thread or the PDF? I'd seriously like to get my hands on it since I'll be running something similar in my game soon

FelixG
2011-01-02, 06:29 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171614

There ya go :smallbiggrin:

Tvtyrant
2011-01-02, 06:41 PM
T'would be cool if the enemy was something like Typhon, which is itself chained but has monstrous children. Nothing can kill Typhon, and freeing it would end time, but it only has children every thousand years or so. The Tarrasque wakens to travel the world and kill those children before they reach adulthood. Humanity unknowingly harbors some of them, as they are often patterned as much stronger versions of living things. Thus cities are destroyed and the Tarrasque is seen as the enemy. One of the Children of Typhon is currently an epic level wizard in charge of Taltasque, and is working on a spell that will free his immortal father.

LOTRfan
2011-01-02, 06:57 PM
.... I love this site. So, so much....

T'would be cool if the enemy was something like Typhon, which is itself chained but has monstrous children. Nothing can kill Typhon, and freeing it would end time, but it only has children every thousand years or so. The Tarrasque wakens to travel the world and kill those children before they reach adulthood. Humanity unknowingly harbors some of them, as they are often patterned as much stronger versions of living things. Thus cities are destroyed and the Tarrasque is seen as the enemy. One of the Children of Typhon is currently an epic level wizard in charge of Taltasque, and is working on a spell that will free his immortal father.

This goes against that "Typhon is unbeatable!" idea, but I have stats for him, somewhere.... (80 HD hellgod from Carceri).

Halae
2011-01-02, 09:51 PM

I like this, but I'm not sure I'll ever really use it. what I'm doing in my current campaign is i have an unbeatable horror that, in ancient times, was split into three - the mind, body, and soul. I needed Taltasque because I was planning on using it as the location for the body

.... I love this site. So, so much....
Well, you have to consider who we are. What we have here is a bunch of people who, in one way or another, kill others and take their stuff. We do not sit idly by. we march forward until we have cleared the dungeon and looted everything in it. Absolutely everything we do is considered on two scales - Is it awesome? and Is it effective? one is nice, but if you don't have both, your just another character.

Us here? We are legion. AND WE DEMAND AWESOME. And cookies.