PDA

View Full Version : anti life shell

awa
2011-01-02, 11:09 PM
the anti life spell seems insanely powerful it grants no save and prevents living creatures from coming with in 10 feet of you i just have a couple of question its a 10 radius emanation but my question is say you were size colossal would people be prevented from coming with in 10 feet of you or would it not work because you are bigger than the barrier?

Psyren
2011-01-02, 11:39 PM
the anti life spell seems insanely powerful it grants no save and prevents living creatures from coming with in 10 feet of you i just have a couple of question its a 10 radius emanation but my question is say you were size colossal would people be prevented from coming with in 10 feet of you or would it not work because you are bigger than the barrier?

You would be larger than the 10ft. radius (20 ft. diameter) emanation, because Colossal creatures take up at least a 30 ft. space.

For a 6th-level spell it's honestly not that powerful. You keep things away from you but they can still block you from escaping an area (since you can't touch them with the field) and you're screwed if there's a critter you couldn't see (hiding, invisible etc.) that you accidentally come too close to. It's also useless against 4 monster types that you are likely to come across at higher levels.

At the same spell level, a Cleric can be using Blade Barrier to keep baddies at bay instead, while the Druid can use Wall of Stone. The Cleric can also Wind Walk to blow past them and escape, even taking the party along.

Augmented Lurk
2011-01-03, 02:02 AM
It also has a 1 round casting time, which means it doesn't come into effect until the start of your next turn (though that can be fixed with the rapid spell feat).