PDA

View Full Version : A Paragon Path for a Planeswalker/Time-Traveller

DragonBaneDM
2011-01-03, 02:56 AM
Helping a buddy of mine build a control wizard for an upcoming campaign.

I'm stuck on what to suggest to him at the moment. The three options are:

Planeshifter(MotP): Seems to be his personal favorite. I kinda hate it. Targetting one creature is all fun and well, but a utility that costs THAT many surges?!?

Arcane Wayfarer(AP): Seems a bit more useful.

Timewalker(or something, PHB3 but I can't find my copy): Psion PP. Maybe it'd work for him? Does it need power points? I have no clue until I find my copy.

Thoughts?

Kurald Galain
2011-01-03, 04:18 AM
I find that the Wayfarer does nothing that you can't already do. Its encounter power is pretty similar to L7 Twist Of Space, its utility resembles Wizard's Escape, and teleporting on a crit or as a movement mode is easy to do with low-level items. It's not a bad PP but it's rather lacklustre.

The planeshifter's utility is unimpressive, but its encounter power is solid and unique at that level.

So I would recommend the Planeshifter. For the psion path, there is no Timewalker, but perhaps you meant the Dreamwalker or the Timebender?

DragonBaneDM
2011-01-03, 04:10 PM
TimeBENDER!

Yeah, that's it! Haha, I gotta track down my PHB3 man, it's killing me not having all my books.

Do you think multiclassing Psion is even worth it? I've known the Int-Wis build to be really inferior to the Int-Cha one.

Kurald Galain
2011-01-03, 05:43 PM
Do you think multiclassing Psion is even worth it? I've known the Int-Wis build to be really inferior to the Int-Cha one.
Personally, I wouldn't. I'd like to get Forceful Push for a feat, but unfortunately the MC only gives an unaugmented L1 attack, which should be inferior to your existing at-wills.

I like the flavor of the Timebender, but its encounter power is basically the same as L3 Color Spray. On the other hand, its L12 utility is powerful. Personally I wouldn't choose a paragon path for the features or utilities except if the encounter power appeals to me. That's a matter of taste, of course.

DragonBaneDM
2011-01-03, 07:38 PM
Just dug it out from under my passenger seat.

The action point feature is worthless apparently. Sure, he gets two power points out of the deal, but no good.

The MC is also rather underwhelming. Artificer would probably be a better choice for him.