PDA

View Full Version : I hab a cohld. (AKA the sick thread)

Iyellalot
2011-01-03, 02:30 PM
And it bakes it ahfully hahd to tahlk norbally wid by dose all stuffed ub.

But, seriously folks, does anyone else not feel too well right about now? I know I can't be the only one.

rakkoon
2011-01-03, 02:36 PM
Recovering from knee surgery and throat infection. Sleeping for eleven hours straight has helped me a lot though. Feel 80% at the moment, knee at 60%

Dr.Epic
2011-01-03, 03:03 PM
My eye's been sort of puffy and sore the last few days. Not sure why.

MonkeyBusiness
2011-01-03, 03:12 PM
I hab a cohb. Or rather, it has me. It caught me when my dear little nephew sneezed very wetly in his Aunt Monkey's face on Christmas morning.

Oh, well.

My problem is not so much that the cold has me. My problem is that I'm having a hard time thinking, due to the mixed effects of the cold and possibly the medications I take. I feel half a beat behind, which I hate. Among other things, I am trying to write a D&D adventure for a group of new friends. Instead, I lie on the sofa thinking to myself how much I love cough drops. For without cough drops, I would be ever so much more miserable.

I love cough drops. Yes, I do.

Arutema
2011-01-03, 03:43 PM
*cough* *cough* *cough*
I have bronchitis.

FoE
2011-01-03, 03:47 PM
Gah! This thread is infected! Someone get the flamethrowers!

http://www.joystickdivision.com/28-weeks-later-poster.jpg

We'll start by tracking down and torching Nicholas Rush (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StargateUniverse). :smalltongue:

Dr.Epic
2011-01-03, 03:53 PM
Gah! This thread is infected! Someone get the flamethrowers!

Don't worry. I'm a doctor. I'll cure you all. With SCIENCE!!!

Lillith
2011-01-03, 05:03 PM
Too be honest I'm in a really weird position right now. My boyfriend had a cold a while ago (and right now is awfully sick) and he infected me with it. He's coughing, sore throat, fever, in bed for days you know the drill. This is where my cold comes from. Now me? I had a sore throat for one day, popped vitamins like crazy and it was gone for one day but came back after that. Then I had sever sore throat for three days and now its... gone again. :smalleek: I've been 'healthy' for two days now but seriously what happened? I'm still expecting my cold to return in full force, especially cause it nailed my bf hard. :smalleek: As far as I know you can't cure a common cold or a fever.

Xyk
2011-01-03, 11:08 PM
I've had a cough for a few days. But also my ulcerative colitis has been kicking me in the stomach. It SUCKS.

Don Julio Anejo
2011-01-04, 12:15 AM
I'b veby veby sick bight dow as well...

AsteriskAmp
2011-01-04, 02:02 AM
Too be honest I'm in a really weird position right now. My boyfriend had a cold a while ago (and right now is awfully sick) and he infected me with it. He's coughing, sore throat, fever, in bed for days you know the drill. This is where my cold comes from. Now me? I had a sore throat for one day, popped vitamins like crazy and it was gone for one day but came back after that. Then I had sever sore throat for three days and now its... gone again. :smalleek: I've been 'healthy' for two days now but seriously what happened? I'm still expecting my cold to return in full force, especially cause it nailed my bf hard. :smalleek: As far as I know you can't cure a common cold or a fever.

You can't cure it since it's a virus, but you can delay the virus and its spreading.

For my part I'm developing Insomnia, haven't slept in two days, and it has became a habit since the begining of the year, so I think I'm in trouble.

Wandiya
2011-01-04, 02:18 AM
I've had allergic conjunctivitis for abut 4 years and will have it for about 4-6 still, it's not too bad, as long as I take twice-thrice daily medication.:smallsigh:

Form
2011-01-04, 10:54 AM
Pfff, a cold? I don't catch colds. Or flu. More like flu gets me. :smallamused:

CrimsonAngel
2011-01-04, 11:13 AM
I'm never sick! Flu vaccine? Never had one!

My mom, however, is always sick.

KenderWizard
2011-01-04, 06:32 PM
I'm constantly sick! I was really sick on Christmas, which was sad. I lost my voice Christmas morning, so opened all of my presents with little squeaky sounds instead of proper excited chatter. But I'm almost better now!

Starscream
2011-01-04, 08:28 PM
Just just got over a broken rib and a cold. At the same time.

Ever sneeze with a broken rib? There aren't enough synonyms for pain. Felt like my lungs were getting skewered every time.

Felixaar
2011-01-04, 10:38 PM
When I first read the title of this thread, I thought it was in German :smallredface: silly me.

mootoall
2011-01-04, 10:49 PM
Just got diagnosed with the flu. Turns out vegetarians can't take the capsule version of Tamaflu, because it contains gelatin!

Dvandemon
2011-01-04, 10:55 PM
Cold air doesn't agree with me, Dry sinuses, sinus headaches and watery mucus membranes. If it's not that it's common sinus pressure.

Kastanok
2011-01-05, 08:33 AM
I'm sick, a cold and a nasty headache. Nothing serious but it is MAKING ME ANGRY! I mean how DARE this blasted virus infect me? ME? It's a personal affront, an insult, a violation. For this disrespect I will whip it's entire genus from the face of the Earth! FAMILICIDE, PHEASANT PLUCKER!

Lolzords
2011-01-05, 12:41 PM
I'd love an excuse to take a few days off college, but I never get ill. :smallmad: I felt a cold coming on this morning, and it just buggered off by 10 or so. =/

Tonal Architect
2011-01-05, 09:04 PM
I'm nearly three decades old. I've never managed to get a single cold, in my entire life.

ps.: Omg, it's Minsc and Boo!

grimbold
2011-01-06, 11:25 AM
im having my annual 5 month long cold
the fall and winter seasons make me ill

Watchdog
2011-01-06, 01:21 PM
I was sick during finals week. That REALLY sucked, and for some reason the cold was affecting my grammar as well.

the fall and winter seasons make me ill
Sounds like allergies to me.

Flickerdart
2011-01-07, 02:40 PM
A random girl on the bus handed me some tissues because I was sniffling too loud. Damn cold. Was very nice of her, though.

MoonCat
2011-01-07, 04:11 PM
In my family, my dad is often sick with one day headaches. My mom is sick almost as often and usually takes a lot of naps while she is. I get sick a lot less than both of them unless there is something hugely emotional going on for me. I spend my sick time wishing I was asleep and staring at a computer screen. I have never seen my brother sick. Ever.

Loki_42
2011-01-10, 03:48 PM
Right now I'm dealing with Mono. It's not that bad if I can keep the fever down, but it's making me not do to well in school from missing two weeks so far.