PDA

View Full Version : Any acidic type templates/creatures out there (3.5)

veven
2011-01-03, 03:18 PM
Trying to find a cool template to give creatures from a dead part of my homebrew setting. Ash storms and acid geysers and that fun stuff.

Although i am mostly looking for a template, acidic based creatures that you like would be great too.

In fact, any creatures with ash-related abilities would be awesome too!

thanks for the help

Chilingsworth
2011-01-03, 03:24 PM
There's the Horrid template from the Ebberon campagin setting. It only allies to animals and gives them an acid attack (and resistance if not outright immunity to acid, I think.)

Also from the ECS, the living spell template can be applied to acid spells.

From the Monster Manual, there are acid spewing dragons (Black, Copper and Green,) the Delver, the Digester, and varrious oozes.

Oh, and there are mephits, I think there's both an ash and an acid mephit, not sure of the acid one, though.

AdalKar
2011-01-03, 03:25 PM
Well, there is the "Acidborn Monster" Template in Dungeonscape page 111, but I think it is mostly for aquatic creatures, but hey, if you're the DM you can handwave it and just apply it to everything :smallbiggrin:

veven
2011-01-03, 03:38 PM
Yeah! these are both perfect!

There is going to be a big underground acid river with various entry points above ground (the black dragon who terrorizes the region will use these pools to his advantage in a battle, popping in one and out of another, should be fun). I could just fill it with horrible acid fish too!