PDA

View Full Version : Betropper vs. Goonthegoof vs. Treizek vs. Distand Quaisar Duel

Betropper
2011-01-03, 06:06 PM
What it says at the title.

Can we have buffs beforehand?

Also, a map for your conveinence:

G=GoontheGoof
B=Betropper
T=Treizek
Q=Distant Quaisar's Dead body
A=Goon's Ape

Each square is 10 feet.
{table]-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-
-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-
-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|B|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-
Q|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-
-|-|-|-|-|-|T|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|A|-|-|-|-|-
-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|G|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-[/table]

Goonthegoof
2011-01-03, 09:38 PM
Sure I guess. 3 rounds of buffing then start 100' from each other?

Treizek
2011-01-04, 01:20 AM
So, am I still invited to this shindig, or is it just you two? If I can join, then let's do this thing!

Betropper
2011-01-04, 07:35 AM
:smallbiggrin: could be a free for all, sure.

Goonthegoof
2011-01-04, 11:53 AM
Rules: 2 minutes to buff, area is assumed to be blank, start 100' from each other?

Treizek
2011-01-04, 12:10 PM
Hmmm, are the rules, or is that what you're proposing?

Betropper
2011-01-04, 03:45 PM
What he's proposing, and I'll agree on it.

distant quasar
2011-01-04, 04:49 PM
Bwah hah hah, buffs... I can have invisibility and a powerful monster ally!
Bwah hah hah, high power brimstone spears!
Bwah hah! Bwah hah hah! Bwah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah!

...Hah. :smallamused:

Betropper
2011-01-04, 08:49 PM
Bwah hah hah, buffs... I can have invisibility and a powerful monster ally!
Bwah hah hah, high power brimstone spears!
Bwah hah! Bwah hah hah! Bwah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah!

...Hah. :smallamused:

:smalleek: Nevermind...

Goonthegoof
2011-01-05, 04:32 AM
He has a few d6 of eldritch blast, SM5 1/day and an invisibility cancelled by attacking, why are you scared?

SM5 is useless vs players, any player worth her salt has a way to escape/stall for a minute while the summon wears off.

So yeah, you 3 vs me, start 200' away from each other and 2 minutes prep time?

Treizek
2011-01-05, 10:48 AM
So, yeah, I'm ready to go just as soon as you guys are. Btw, quick query, who here is using arcane or is capable of arcane magic?

Betropper
2011-01-05, 03:51 PM
So, yeah, I'm ready to go just as soon as you guys are. Btw, quick query, who here is using arcane or is capable of arcane magic?

I got divine, but no arcane.

Treizek
2011-01-05, 04:59 PM
cool, so rolling for initiative then

[roll0]

distant quasar
2011-01-05, 07:50 PM
Ok, iniative. [roll0]

Oh, high power brimstone blast uses my scepter, so:
5d6(base) + 4d6(scepter, high power) + 2d6(brimstone) = 11d6. And its a touch attack. And you make a DC 17 Reflex save or catch on fire, dealing 2d6 per round. And spear is 250 foot range, or I can chain it and hit all of you. Sound cool?:smallbiggrin:
Ha! I'm in the lead for initiative.

Goonthegoof
2011-01-06, 01:22 AM
I roll initiative.
[roll0]

I cast hand of the faithful, centered on the spot I am standing.
I cast silverbeard on myself, summon my paladin drakkensteed special mount, cast spectral chariot and traveler's mount on the drakkensteed. In the turn before the fight begins I cast angelskin on myself and activate Law Devotion, setting it's bonus to my armour class. I begin my turn alert, crouching in the spiritual chariot with my bow drawn.

Edit: And I roll a damn one for initiative.

Treizek
2011-01-06, 10:33 AM
Okay, gonna random roll for my maneuvers. Also, gonna shift into Roots of the mountain stance. And draw my great sword.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

I get Foe Hammer, Revitalizing Strike, Divine Surge, Vanguard Strike, and Battle Leaders Charge.

Goonthegoof
2011-01-06, 12:24 PM
Really confused as to what you're doing there. You're a seventh level crusader, which means you know 8 maneuvers, have 5 readied and are granted 2 at the start of combat. Why did you roll 6(d6+1)?

Betropper
2011-01-06, 04:53 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Switch to Hybrid form, gaining +4 Dex and +3 Str. Also gains 1 AC.
Casts Resistance, Magic Weapon, and Protection from Energy (fire)

Will post actions in my turn.

Betropper
2011-01-06, 05:00 PM
Since I can't edit a post with rolls in it, I'll post here that I'm going to cast Bestow Curse on Treizek (giving you a -6 to Str) unless you can make a DC 18 Will save. I'm going to advance 60 feet to him if it works, move 60 to Goon if not.

Betropper
2011-01-06, 05:03 PM
Ok, iniative. [roll0]

Oh, high power brimstone blast uses my scepter, so:
5d6(base) + 4d6(scepter, high power) + 2d6(brimstone) = 11d6. And its a touch attack. And you make a DC 17 Reflex save or catch on fire, dealing 2d6 per round. And spear is 250 foot range, or I can chain it and hit all of you. Sound cool?:smallbiggrin:
Ha! I'm in the lead for initiative.

Is that a spell first of all (because idk where you got the "base" from.) And secondly, does it do Fire damage? Thirdly, what is the save vs it? Fourth, how long does the fire burn?

distant quasar
2011-01-06, 08:25 PM
There is no save against my Eldritch blast (an invocation at will). It requires I make a ranged touch attack to hit you. It does fire damage if I choose to apply brimstone blast, which adds 2d6 damage as well; if I do not choose to use Brimstone Blast it deals untyped damage.

Since everyone else is taking actions before iniative, I will say my Warlock's scepter is drawn already.

And, I won iniative, so:
I move back 30 ft.
I fire off a high power eldritch blast from my scepter, targeting Damien Colt. This expends 5 charges and adds 4d6 to my damage. I am applying the spear and Brimstone Blast Invocations to it. This gives it a range value of 250 feet and it deals +2d6 damage, as well as making all damage fire. Also, you have to make a DC 17 Ref save or catch on fire, taking 2d6 fire damage each round for 2 rounds or until you take a full-round action to put it out.
Attack (ranged touch): [roll0]
Damage (fire): [roll1]

Treizek
2011-01-06, 08:57 PM
And here's where I address a couple things. For starters, The rolls were based off a system I have developed to randomly pick my maneuvers, and also, ignore the last dice.

As for Distant Quasars eldritch thing, I have a question does the brimstone blast add the energy (fire) template to your attack?

Also, I will take the opportunity to activate the energy immunity ability on my shield and set it to fire. Making the necessity to roll my reflex save null and void. Also, it will deny you further use of that lovely little brimstone blast you're trying to use on me.

Also, I will delay 10 points of that damage, and negate 5 of it all together. So, I think that only lowers me by 14.

And I'll take this opportunity to all out run towards the spell caster that is shooting at me. Ahem, so I do believe that ends my turn.

By the way I do not believe we are moving on an infinite plain so you cannot just continue to say that you move back 30 ft.

Goonthegoof
2011-01-07, 12:28 AM
Yeah, 300'x300'x100'(LxWxH) cube sound good? I have the longest range, so that hurts me most.

Treizek
2011-01-07, 01:31 AM
Yep, sounds good, btw, I'm mounted.

Goonthegoof
2011-01-07, 11:45 AM
Well it's your go, so enjoy.

Treizek
2011-01-07, 11:46 AM
Already made my move.

Goonthegoof
2011-01-07, 12:51 PM
Betropper's turn then.

distant quasar
2011-01-07, 05:28 PM
Yep, it makes it fire damage.
Just so you know, I can always turn invisible when you get anywhere near me. And using my spells isn't attacking... charm monster, confusion, summon nature's ally V, deep slumber, and dimsension door in case I need to run away. Not to mention your energy immunity only lasts 10 rounds.

Betropper
2011-01-07, 07:14 PM
Betropper's turn then.

I did in advance. It still applies to what's happening now, so I'd need Treizek to make the save on my curse to see where I move.

Goonthegoof
2011-01-08, 03:41 AM
Yep, it makes it fire damage.
Just so you know, I can always turn invisible when you get anywhere near me. And using my spells isn't attacking... charm monster, confusion, summon nature's ally V, deep slumber, and dimsension door in case I need to run away. Not to mention your energy immunity only lasts 10 rounds.

Except that you have to lose your invisiblity to attack.

Anyway, for my turn:
I command my ape to attack Treizek and it moves to attack him, moving 80' closer to him.
I command my drakkensteed to use a move action to get closer to Distant Quaisar, once I come to a stop 80' southeast of Q I make a full attack with my bow.

vs AC [Roll]1d8+7+2d6 damage

Goonthegoof
2011-01-08, 03:44 AM
Ok, damage rolls don't seem to have worked properly, but I'll roll damage assuming they all hit:

[roll0] + [roll1] +7= 18
[roll2] + [roll3] +7= 25
[roll4] + [roll5] +7= 24
[roll6] + [roll7] +7= 13

Assuming your 7/cold iron applies here that's a total of 52 damage.

Betropper
2011-01-08, 07:57 AM
All changes will be made on the map, which has been relocated to the first post.

BTW Quaisar, my immunity to fire lasts an hour (10 minutes a level) :smallbiggrin:

distant quasar
2011-01-08, 10:23 AM
Meh, doesn't matter: I fall to the ground dying with several arrows piercing me.

Betropper
2011-01-08, 06:18 PM
Meh, doesn't matter: I fall to the ground dying with several arrows piercing me.

Really?

Hurra! Also, did you make your save vs my curse Triezek?

Betropper
2011-01-08, 07:07 PM
Forgot it was my turn, but since I can't roll in my other post i'll post my actions here:

I run the rest of the way to Triezek, then make an attack:

Longsword: [roll0] Damage: [roll1] nat 17-20 is a crit.
Claw: [roll2] Damage: [roll3]

Treizek
2011-01-11, 05:31 AM
Quick question, is your curse mind affecting at all?
Assuming not
[roll0]
Assuming it is
[roll1]

Well then, I believe that this means that either way I succeed in my save.

Also, first attack hits, second one misses.

Treizek
2011-01-11, 05:52 AM
Also, I believe it is my turn yes? So,

I will attack from my horse, using revitalizing strike.
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

For the heal
[roll2]

Treizek
2011-01-11, 05:56 AM
Crap for got to add in Furious Counter Strike, Add 2 to the damage from my attack.

Also, just because it couldn't hurt, I will swing again

[roll0]

And just in case I hit here's the damage
[roll1]