PDA

View Full Version : Is This a Decent Gish build?

wayfare
2011-01-04, 01:52 AM
I was thinking of a character going: Swashbuckler 3/Rogue 2/Chameleon 10/Something Else 5

Concept:

A worldly adventurer who is something of a fraud.

Defense of class choice

Swashbuckler: Insightful strike is nice, and the characters Int has to be high to meet the qualifications for Chameleon...win, win

Rogue: Any lacking skill points are made up here, and +1d6 sneak attack is great.

Chameleon: Eventually builds up to a Cleric/mage gish or a focused fighter/mage gish.

What the build needs: ways to get past spell failure.

Any ideas?

Derjuin
2011-01-04, 01:55 AM
Spellsword levels, Twilight armor, Mithral armor/shield; I'm sure there are more, but those are the ones I can think of for now.

Eldariel
2011-01-04, 02:05 AM
Factotum could get you Int to AC with some investment; helps with ASF. You can also just use spell-based AC; Mage Armor, Greater Mage Armor and Greater Luminous Armor all provide you with solid Armor that doesn't involve ASF. Last hours/level too. Then there's of course Mithril Twilight Githcraft Breastplate with 0 ASF. So, something like that.

wayfare
2011-01-04, 02:35 AM
Factotum could get you Int to AC with some investment; helps with ASF. You can also just use spell-based AC; Mage Armor, Greater Mage Armor and Greater Luminous Armor all provide you with solid Armor that doesn't involve ASF. Last hours/level too. Then there's of course Mithril Twilight Githcraft Breastplate with 0 ASF. So, something like that.

Nice!

Factotum had popped into my head, but it seemed a bit redundant -- I can do anything x2. Plus the whole "all classes are class skills" is less of a benefit given the entry requirement of Chameleon.

Godskook
2011-01-04, 02:49 AM
Able Learner actually doesn't fix the max ranks issue, though, so a level dip into factotum is actually worth something there.