PDA

View Full Version : [OD&D - 3.5 Conversion] Strongholds & Dominions, Work in Progress (ideas welcome)

Adamantrue
2011-01-04, 10:15 AM
I started inquiring in this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181937) about the possibilities of PCs being rulers, and what rules were already out there. As I can't get my hands on Pathfinder's Kingmaker at the moment (or the 3rd party expansion that was mentioned), I thought instead that updating rules I already have may do the job, and provide something a little more free for others to use.

Breaking out my old OD&D Rules Cyclopedia, and perusing the chapter on Strongholds & Dominions, I can see that a lot of the material is either fluff, or deals with the construction process (which was covered in the Stronghold Builder's Guidebook).

The SBG also has the rules for basic staff & upkeep, and the Landlord Feat. I'm going to call the Landlord Feat as something you can only acquire when sponsored (by the ruling nobles, your guild, your religious order, your clan, etc), and not having it means you are building an Independent Stronghold.

So, with all those aspects basically answered by WotC, the Stronghold portions of Strongholds & Dominions is pretty much covered.

The Dominion portion is where the real work will begin. Any thoughts on that matter would be appreciated, especially concerning problems that should be addressed from the door.