PDA

View Full Version : extra vs. non - dimensional space

Amador
2011-01-04, 10:27 AM
I am curious to know the difference between extra-dimensional space, as in rope trick, and non-dimensional space, as in rod of security. Also, do multiple extra-dimensional space react to each other in the same that that they do to non-dimensional spaces? And vice versa.

Stegyre
2011-01-04, 11:12 AM
AFAIK, there is no RAW on the subject. Neither "non-dimensional space" nor "extra-dimensional space" have an official in-game definition, and the only RAW for any sort of interaction is between the portable hole and bag of holding.

Kurald Galain
2011-01-04, 11:16 AM
The polarized density balancing works differently in photonic subspace; a neutron translator detector would be able to pick up on the difference.

Stegyre
2011-01-04, 11:28 AM
The polarized density balancing works differently in photonic subspace; a neutron translator detector would be able to pick up on the difference.
I think you're confusing subspaces with hyperspaces. At least when I was in school, everyone was taught that neutronic translation only occurs in hyperspatial realms in excess of four quanta over the basal energy state. :smallannoyed:

Psyren
2011-01-04, 11:38 AM
I think you're confusing subspaces with hyperspaces. At least when I was in school, everyone was taught that neutronic translation only occurs in hyperspatial realms in excess of four quanta over the basal energy state. :smallannoyed:

The catgirls... my god, the catgirls...

Stegyre
2011-01-04, 11:46 AM
The catgirls... my god, the catgirls...
Fah! Only real science kills catgirls. This stuff just dazes them.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e186/Darkest_Corner/Catgirl.jpg

JBento
2011-01-04, 11:58 AM
Whatever you do, don't ever mix photonic subspaces with L-spaces.

Seeing as L-space is generated on a plane where there is no photonic subspace (on account on light being slower), they react in an anti-matter sort of way, which could result in the destruction of whatever superatomic space plane you're in, and everyone being... well, spaced.

Stegyre
2011-01-04, 12:07 PM
So what you're saying is that bags of holding are L-spaces and portable holes are photonic subspaces? :smallconfused:

I hadn't considered that before, but it would explain a lot.

Crow
2011-01-04, 12:14 PM
Remember; None of this matters if you don't have access to a turbo encabulator (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac7G7xOG2Ag).

Ernir
2011-01-04, 01:19 PM
I am curious to know the difference between extra-dimensional space, as in rope trick, and non-dimensional space, as in rod of security. Also, do multiple extra-dimensional space react to each other in the same that that they do to non-dimensional spaces? And vice versa.
Agree with Stegyre here. The only thing that matters about extra/non dimensional spaces is that they are not the same thing with respect to certain interactions. =/

Follow-ups

I laughed out loud.

JBento
2011-01-04, 02:14 PM
I laughed out loud.

And thus, humour space is achieved. :smallcool:

Stegyre
2011-01-04, 02:48 PM
I fear that we have broken the OP: he has fled, never to return.

Catgirl is sad.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z1/shotingstar_2007/3.jpg

Let's throw her into humor space!

Amador
2011-01-04, 04:03 PM
Not quite broken, just lurking and laughing.

Lamech
2011-01-04, 04:28 PM
The only raw reactions are the bag of holding + portalable hole and the undefined hazards of two extradimensional spaces (found under rope trick). Everything else is free and clear.

Stegyre
2011-01-04, 04:31 PM
Everything else is free and clear.
Except the catgirls.

Yora
2011-01-04, 05:02 PM
Non-dimensional space is an oxymoron. If it doesn't have dimensions, it's a point and not a space.

JBento
2011-01-05, 05:57 AM
What about the logic-space that you just brought us into? Does logic have dimensions? :smallsmile:

And what about extra-dimensional spaces? They don't have dimensions either, seeing as they are beyond them. :smallbiggrin: