PDA

View Full Version : The OOTS Spinoff Thread!

Gandariel
2011-01-04, 11:05 AM
This thread is meant to be a collection of all the OOTS spinoff ideas from the fans:

feel free to post your own!

the rules are simple: create a spinoff, featuring one of more oots charachters in another settings or with other people... in two words, go crazy!

Gandariel
2011-01-04, 11:06 AM
I'll start with mine:

According to Elan
Elan lives with his wife Haley and their children Roy II and That girl with a Halberd
in every episode Elan would do something stupid or Haley would steal something, they would scream to each other, plot idiot things and in the end get back together and teach a valuable lesson to the kids (this all in 25 minutes, 20 of which are registered laughs)

O-chul, Texas Ranger Azure city Paladin
No need to say anything here

and also a cooking program with Belkar and the Mitd would be cool:
Dinner with the sexy Shoeless god of cooking!

And of course the best one:

Miko, a fallen paladin, tries to regain her paladinhood by hunting other fallens
Riding her Harley horse through the world, she brings criminals to justice, in order to redeem herself

She is... RENEGADE

Kurald Galain
2011-01-04, 11:20 AM
The Pseudo-Epic Misadventures of Goblin Dan!

Crisis21
2011-01-04, 12:08 PM
Well, I think I should chime in with the most obvious: A comic featuring the many adventures of the Order of the Scribble. I want to know what their battle with Baron Pineapple (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0276.html) was like!

Bloogle
2011-01-04, 12:20 PM
Thog: How prison changed me.

An autobiography of course, depicting the events of the comic from our favourite half-orc's point of view!

Swordpriest
2011-01-04, 12:22 PM
I'd like a collection of "short stories" about various bit-part characters, such as --

-- Leeky Windstaff
--The dwarf assassin who likes taller women and his buddy
--Some past adventures of Enor and Gannji
--The cleric of Loki who dispatched Pete

I''m sure I'm missing a few, too.

Kobold-Bard
2011-01-04, 12:30 PM
The zany adventures of the Greysky City Thieves Guild prior to their involvement with the Order. The Halloween special will be Pete's story.

Tannhaeuser
2011-01-04, 12:37 PM
The wacky prequel adventures of Fruit Pie the Sorcerer (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0091.html).

Dr.Epic
2011-01-04, 03:41 PM

Wait the dwarven assassin "likes" his buddy? Like the same way he likes women? That's...an image I didn't need to visualize.:smalleek:

Also, Thog definitely needs a spinoff.

Darth Hunterix
2011-01-04, 04:02 PM
"Gee, Mr. Scruffy, what do you want to do tonight?"
"The same thing we do every night, Shojo - try to not to let anyone take over Azure City!"

It would be political thriller about Mr. Scruffy and his sidekick, Lord Shojo, who rule Azure City.

In every episode some nobles or external enemies would create Pinky&Brain's style attempt to take over Azure City, and The Cat would somehow stop them.

CarpeGuitarrem
2011-01-04, 04:02 PM
Wait, wait. Nobody's done...

OotS...in SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!

Title says it all.

jidasfire
2011-01-04, 04:14 PM
I'd like a collection of "short stories" about various bit-part characters, such as --

-- Leeky Windstaff
--Some past adventures of Enor and Gannji
--The cleric of Loki who dispatched Pete

I''m sure I'm missing a few, too.

You know, if you put all those characters together and force them to bounce off each other, it would make for a really fun heist/caper-style story. Throw in Hank and Yor and you've got yourself a bunch of motley crews, who could either compete for something or be forced to team up for it.

Dr.Epic
2011-01-04, 04:32 PM
The Facts of Knife

Haley as a preteen in the thieves' Guild with her other preteen female friends. They laugh and learn.

faustin
2011-01-04, 04:41 PM
I want a prequel of how Roy created the Order of Stick and why he recruited Durkon, V, Haley, Elan and Belkar (I mean, what in the hell was he thinking :smallannoyed:?)

Kobold-Bard
2011-01-04, 04:49 PM
I want a prequel of how Roy created the Order of Stick and why he recruited Durkon, V, Haley, Elan and Belkar (I mean, what in the hell was he thinking :smallannoyed:?)

You best be trollin'. (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Order-Stick-Origin-PCs-v/dp/0976658011)

Dr.Epic
2011-01-04, 04:50 PM
You best be trollin'. (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Order-Stick-Origin-PCs-v/dp/0976658011)

Maybe he wants a prequel with pod racing, retcons, and an extremely annoying alien. No, wait, that's been done too.

Iyellalot
2011-01-04, 04:58 PM
I've always wanted to see OotS characters in a really absurd fantasy setting, such as the Kingdom of Loathing (http://www.kingdomofloathing.com).

Mr. Zolrane
2011-01-04, 05:14 PM
You know, if you put all those characters together and force them to bounce off each other, it would make for a really fun heist/caper-style story. Throw in Hank and Yor and you've got yourself a bunch of motley crews, who could either compete for something or be forced to team up for it.

This is my favorite idea so far. I'm always a sucker for bit characters (I even had a large role in starting the Solt Lorkyurg meme in SMBG) so I would eat that up.

Dr.Epic
2011-01-04, 05:20 PM
I've always wanted to see OotS characters in a really absurd fantasy setting, such as the Kingdom of Loathing (http://www.kingdomofloathing.com).

I think Adventure Time would be better.

Mr. Zolrane
2011-01-04, 06:21 PM
I think Adventure Time would be better.

I've seen a little bit of that show. What's with Cartoon Network not completely sucking anymore?

Dr.Epic
2011-01-04, 06:22 PM
I've seen a little bit of that show. What's with Cartoon Network not completely sucking anymore?

What do you mean? They still have bad shows that are new.

Scarlet Knight
2011-01-04, 06:39 PM
Vaarsuvius retires to a tower to study. But due to the cost of the divorce, has to rent out the bottom floor to a local business. An ice cream parlor, run by Thog.

Mr. Zolrane
2011-01-04, 06:42 PM
What do you mean? They still have bad shows that are new.

Oh I'm sure they do. The operative word in my statement was completely. I just meant they're actually getting some good shows again, something they desperately lacked for a long time.

Vaarsuvius retires to a tower to study. But due to the cost of the divorce, has to rent out the bottom floor to a local business. An ice cream parlor, run by Thog.

With copious amounts of sprinkles no doubt.

Gandariel
2011-01-04, 06:56 PM

Actually i haven't watched it in years, but when i used to the only program i liked was Teen Titans

recently i even looked for some streaming episodes (i always got only the firsy half offinal episodes) but i couldn't find any..

CletusMusashi
2011-01-04, 11:48 PM
A malfunctioning teleportation turns Elan into a living clown puppet. (He still maintains his personality, levels, and abilities.) His puppet ALSO turns into a living puppet. ALSO with Elan's levels. Together they fight crime. Together, they ARE:
"Dueling Banjos."

Dr.Epic
2011-01-05, 12:29 AM
Oh I'm sure they do. The operative word in my statement was completely. I just meant they're actually getting some good shows again, something they desperately lacked for a long time.

(Aside from Adventure Time) What good shows?

Kobold-Bard
2011-01-05, 02:24 AM

I would totally watch that if you gave Thog some sort of Rakshasa style Spell Immunity. Otherwise by her very nature :vaarsuvius: would just Dominate Thog into being quiet.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2011-01-05, 02:28 AM
Thog: How prison changed me.

It is but one page, on which is written a single word, in blue fingerpaint.

QUiCkLy

Really, the closest thing to a spinoff that I can think of would be a random comic using the old formula of making fun of he ludicrousness of the situations a game generates, except using whatever character best demonstrates the target concept rather than just the order.

Alternately, a formulaic series of three- or four-panel panel comics about the oracle reacting to various clients, with the occasional short story about what a client does with the revelation. That would be pretty entertaining for a while.

Bedinsis
2011-01-05, 03:26 AM
Tales in spices peddling: A series of tales featuring the bit characters of OotS with the framing device being that we follow Solt Lorkyurg in his travels.

Sample ideas:

* How he managed to infect Kubota's near perfect westward monopoly on spice trading, and therefore had to outwit his samurais and avoid his assassin Therkla.

* How he become the unknowing smuggler of illegal goods(Western Continent spices) in Cliffport, and the eternal enemy of the Chief of police.

* How his harvesting of wild spices caused a feud with Leeky Windstaff.

...and I'm out of ideas that doesn't sound forced. Feel free to add some more.

Forum Explorer
2011-01-05, 04:38 AM
Neutral and Lawful: Special NPC Unit

Watch as the new chief of police has to deal with antagonists and keep the newest adeventering party from wreaking havoc on a daily basis. Be amused at the incompetance of his men. Ride the emotional rollarcoaster as the stress leads to drug abuse and a broken marriage. Gasp in surpirse when in the season finale he discovers the sorrid past of Cliffport's mayor.

faustin
2011-01-05, 05:04 AM
You best be trollin'.

First time I hear about it, I swear....
Now I know what I want for Noche de Reyes Magos.

Cizak
2011-01-05, 11:02 AM
According to Elan
Elan lives with his wife Haley and their children Roy II and That girl with a Halberd
in every episode Elan would do something stupid or Haley would steal something, they would scream to each other, plot idiot things and in the end get back together and teach a valuable lesson to the kids (this all in 25 minutes, 20 of which are registered laughs)

Something tells me you don't like According to Jim.

The Pilgrim
2011-01-05, 11:56 AM
The OOTS... as children!

OOTS in the Playground will feature the adventures of baby Roy, Elan, V, Durkon, Haley and of course Belkar as they defend the school's playground from Redcloack's gang of baby goblins, and defend other childs from Elan's bully twin brother Nale who attemps to steal their lunch money. Occasionally tennager Xykon and his zombie dog will show up to run havoc until Ms. Lirian finds him and sends him back to detention room.

It will be also an educational show in which Principal Soon will teach us about the importance of respecting Law and Order. Ms. Lirian will teach us about the importance of respecting nature. Mr. Dorukan will teach us science (Beakman's World style). Coach Kraagor will teach us how the practice of physical sports help us grow as healthy children and teach us teamwork. Lunch Lady Serini will teach us to cook delicious and simple dishes. And literature teacher Mr. Giriard will teach everyone how to be a cool pre-teen.

In order to make the show enjoyable also for the parents, sub-plots will include; Eugene and his wife making cliched gags about the dullness of married wife. Tarquin hand his wife as the strange couple. And Ian and his LawFull Good celestial wife as the other strange coupe.

Yes, it's supposed that the OOTS never meet until adult life. Yes, V being an Elf would make it quite difficult for her to have been a child at the same time than the others. Yes, the Order of the Scribble never served together as School's Staff. But, who cares about plot holes when there are loads of money to collect from them!

Dr.Epic
2011-01-05, 12:10 PM
The OOTS... as children!

Also they're in outer space. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1AyyA9XJ0E)

Gandariel
2011-01-05, 12:59 PM
Something tells me you don't like According to Jim.

Nah, it's fine... it just becomes.. repetitive after a while

AsteriskAmp
2011-01-05, 01:11 PM
Tarquin: The Animated Series.
Join Tarquin as he builds and commands a Lawful Evil empire along with Malack, everyone's favorite cleric.

The Mis-Adventures of Jirix
Jirix, a poor tormented soul of a hogoblin minion quickly rises through the ranks. But between his misery and his rise many things ocurred, they were mostly comical.

Scarlet Knight
2011-01-05, 01:20 PM
I would totally watch that if you gave Thog some sort of Rakshasa style Spell Immunity. Otherwise by her very nature :vaarsuvius: would just Dominate Thog into being quiet.

:vaarsuvius: "Arrgh! Be QUIET you emerald buffoon! It was a simple silence spell! Why can't you ...wait, what's that around your neck?"
:thog: " This? Man not able to pay for party of 27. Give Thog pretty necklace so he can keep leg. Like it?"

Gandariel
2011-01-06, 10:05 AM
:vaarsuvius: "Arrgh! Be QUIET you emerald buffoon! It was a simple silence spell! Why can't you ...wait, what's that around your neck?"
:thog: " This? Man not able to pay for party of 27. Give Thog pretty necklace so he can keep leg. Like it?"

And in every episode V would try to steal the necklace, with Wile-e-coyote style-plans

but with Magic!

heh ^^

smasher0404
2011-01-17, 10:36 PM
The Awesome Adventures of A Dirt Farmer
-----------------------------------------
It follows the life of the dirt farmer family. Nuff said

kabbor
2011-01-17, 11:20 PM
I'll start with mine:

And of course the best one:

Miko, a fallen paladin, tries to regain her paladinhood by hunting other fallens
Riding her Harley horse through the world, she brings criminals to justice, in order to redeem herself

She is... RENEGADE

Hmm. How about a number, sitting, unnoticed, in the top corner. As it increases by one with each comic, it would seem nothing special. Until it starts jumping up by 2,5 or 10 when she does something outrageously typical, drops by one when she actually does something good, and we work out that it is a counter of the number of truly good acts required for redemption!
Then we realize that she was at 1 when she began....

Onyavar
2011-01-18, 04:14 PM
No show so far featured Xykon!

What I can imagine is: XALADIN!
Xykon as a Djinn, his bottle phylactery found by some innocent (or not so innocent) person. Xykon, once summoned, is forced to do what the owner of his bottle wants, but of course assists with his evil advice.
The finders, if good persons, resist his advice, but Xykon finds loopholes in his orders, always leading to the demise of his current owner. If the finder is an evil person, Xykon soon dominates him, makes him his sidekick, but their plans are inevitably smashed by some good-doer...

And once again, Xykon is looking for another victim, allowing him to rise again.

Dinner Thief
2011-01-18, 05:51 PM
well with regards to the Order of the Scribble, I would actually bet that that might be Rich's third prequel. Just a thought.

I personally like the group of NPCs mentioned before and maybe add in a few that we might have missed, that would seem like a good comic.

maybe also some not really relevant or interconnected strips, sort of like bloopers, just NPCs or even major characters in little one strip gags like how Oots originally started out

Lemonus
2011-01-18, 09:43 PM
Survivor:Oots

The cast of Oots must live together in the harsh wilderness, voting each other off until there is only one: SOLE SURVIVOR!!!!

CletusMusashi
2011-01-18, 11:35 PM
It's actually been done, kind of. Russell from "Survivor" is obviously just Belkar wearing a stupid hat.

Lemonus
2011-01-19, 01:06 PM
Russell from "Survivor" is obviously just Belkar wearing a stupid hat.

Not true. If he was, everyone in that season, and probably the next, would be dead.

Gnome Alone
2011-01-19, 01:56 PM
•Magic Items Roadhouse - Vaarsurvius and Blackwing appraise the value of NPCs' items as they travel through the countryside. "I fear these are not Pipes of the Sewers, as dubious as their value might be anyway, but simple pipes, which have, by some ill happenstance, fallen in the sewer."

•Cookin' With Belkar

•Leaky Windstaff on a Captain Planet type show, except instead of teaching polluters and such lessons, he and his ragtag team of misfits brutally murder them.

Kal Ironfresh
2011-01-21, 03:21 AM
The adventures of Eric Greenhilt, Human Bard.

KoboldRevenge
2011-01-22, 03:33 AM
The Incredible THOG! (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0387.html) Thog vs various monsters and even a rock element named "The Thing"! :smallwink:

CletusMusashi
2011-01-22, 03:38 AM
Belkar the Everything Slayer:

Roy finally gets fed up with Belkar's lousy ranger skills and sends him back to finish Low School. Same thing as High School, but for Halflings. Only this Low School is much more dangerous. Every week he has to fight.. well, since it's Belkar, could be pretty much anything. Fire-breathing minotaur one week, clingy one-night-stand the next, goat that looked at him funny the week after that...

One thing he learns right away is that wooden stakes hurt more than daggers, so he switches over to them. Which leaves him much more money for stylish yet affordable pedicures.

His mentor is a smoking-hot cougar who keeps a big steel cage in the middle of her library. Belkar is horrified when she has a fling with his father.

His sidekicks are pair of sadisitic leather-clad vampires who used to be nerds.

Mr. Scruffy keeps getting lost in poker games and has to be rescued in various zany and violent fashions.

Eventually the entire premise is rewritten to make the show about Belkar's younger brother, Olivkar, but then the writers get bored with that, too.

So finally, it becomes the Emo Shirtless Kitty Show, after Mr. Scruffy goes foraging for food behind the local seafood restaurant and comes back with a sole.

Onyavar
2011-01-23, 08:11 AM
Reality TeeVo with the MitD:

Follow it's every steps (even to toilet!), watch when it devours watery gruel and beef stew, see it singing children songs and mindlessly play on the computer.

All of this, of course, in total darkness. Duh.

TreesOfDeath
2011-01-25, 05:24 AM
While this thread seems mostly a joke im just going to say:

I WANT MA ORDER OF THE CRAYON BOOK.

And I'd pay for it, to