PDA

View Full Version : Feat question regarding vampires...

agentnone
2011-01-04, 02:52 PM
I've looked through a few books and either completely missed it or haven't found it. A friend of mine is about to run a D&D 3.5 campaign and has allowed pretty much anything so long as it's a book made by WotC. I'm wanting to apply the vampire template to my character. My question is, is there a Feat out there somewhere that I can take that can make the vampire part of me not die in sunlight? If so, where may I find it? I've looked through the MM and Libris Mortis and a few others I can't really remember and haven't seen it. Any help from the vast knowledge of fellow gamers out there?

Greenish
2011-01-04, 02:54 PM
Do you want sparkles too? :smalltongue:

I doubt such a feat exists in official 3.5 books, but there are spells and items that could help.

agentnone
2011-01-04, 03:00 PM
Do you want sparkles too? :smalltongue:

I doubt such a feat exists in official 3.5 books, but there are spells and items that could help.

No, the sparkle thing was dumb.
Edit:Dumb as in shouldn't have been used in the book/movie, not your reference to it. lol

I thought about just having him be completely shrouded in the daylight, but I'm not sure if that would be enough. And the spell darkness would work, but he wouldn't be able to see though. And I plan on taking him to become a True Necromancer, so levels of Cleric and Wizards. Race I haven't really decided on yet. Something out of the norm, like a Dwarf. lol Though I'm just looking for a way for him to survive during the afternoon since no one else is making one and as such most travel will be during the day. :smallfrown:

Reynard
2011-01-04, 03:26 PM
Well, Drow can get Daylight Adaptation, though I doubt that'd help you much.

Apart from that, get a big, wide-brimmed hat, and a thick cloak.

agentnone
2011-01-04, 03:29 PM
Well, Drow can get Daylight Adaptation, though I doubt that'd help you much.

Apart from that, get a big, wide-brimmed hat, and a thick cloak.

lol Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. I'll ask him if there's a feat he can make for my special case. If not, well, guess I'm going to be a walking quilt.

Greenish
2011-01-04, 03:37 PM
You're a vampire, for heavens' sake, man, act like it. If it's too early for tux, it's too early for you. :smallamused:

Grelna the Blue
2011-01-04, 03:56 PM
I thought about just having him be completely shrouded in the daylight, but I'm not sure if that would be enough. And the spell darkness would work, but he wouldn't be able to see though.

If your GM is willing to allow Darkness to work (myself, I think the sun would overpower it except on overcast days), then that's your solution. Not the best maybe, but it'd work.

If you look at the spell description (http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/resources/systems/pennpaper/dnd35/soveliorsage/spellsDtoE.html#darkness), you'll see that you can still see in the area of effect of a Darkness spell, just not very well and you'd be subject to a 20% miss chance on your attacks.
This spell causes an object to radiate shadowy illumination out to a 20-foot radius. All creatures in the area gain concealment (20% miss chance). Even creatures that can normally see in such conditions (such as with darkvision or low-light vision) have the miss chance in an area shrouded in magical darkness.

If your GM allows you to take the Lifesight feat, you don't even have to worry about that.

KillianHawkeye
2011-01-04, 04:16 PM
Carry a large parasol. :smallwink:

Runestar
2011-01-04, 04:43 PM
There's a spell in lords of darkness which lets you temporarily ignore sunlight. Rather short duration though.

Alternatively, use sunscreen?:smalltongue:

Greenish
2011-01-04, 04:57 PM
Blacklight from Secrets of Sarlona should work. Needs to be loaded with Power Points, but once loaded works for a full week. You can control light on 80' radius around darklight, for example removing all natural light. Vampires have 60' darkvision, so lack of light shouldn't be biggie.

agentnone
2011-01-10, 01:27 PM
There's a spell in lords of darkness which lets you temporarily ignore sunlight. Rather short duration though.

Is said spell target of a Permanency? If so, then I can just do this instead of taking a Feat.