PDA

View Full Version : [D20 3.5 / Spellslinger] How many attacks?

Foolster41
2011-01-04, 07:28 PM
So, I recently got the spellslinger book (which is really neat) and I've had an idea for a character who can take lots of shots per round (albeit with insane penalties), but I'm not clear on how the off-hand two-weapon fighting abillity works. The rules for these feats are mostly the same as in the core (the only difference is they apply to firearms).

The maverick class in Spellslinger has a special abillity called "Fast as lighting" that allows him to at 5th level 2/day (but maximum 1/round) do an extra move or attack action.

Here is the character stat block:

“Wildshot” – (Elf Gunfighter 8th, Maverick 5th) – CR 13Medium Humanoid
Hit Dice: 8d12+5D8-13 (61 HP)
Initiative: +21 (+23 at start of battle) (+12 Class, +5 Dex, +4 Feat)
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 23 (+8 Class, +5 Dex), touch 23, flat-footed 18
Base Attack/Grapple: +11
Attack: (All Attacks, +1 if w/in 30 ft.) Light Pistol +16 (1D10x3,30Ft.) OR Light Pistol +14 (1D10x3,30 ft) Twice. Second Off-Shot: Light Pistol +9 Third Off-Shot: Light Pistol -1
Special Qualities: Low Light Vision, Immune to Sleep, +2 Save vs. Enchantment spells/effects, True Grit, Lucky 1/Day, Con Job +2, Fast as Lightning 2/Day, Winged Him 1/Day, Gut Feeling (-20%), True Killer 1/day, Deadly Aim +1
Saves: Fort +6*, Ref +13, Will +6 (*=True Grit)
Abilities: Str 10, Dex 20, Con 8, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 12
Skills: Athletics +21, Intimidate +9, Sense +3, Survival +9, Tumble +21,
Feats: Brawling Weapon Proficiency, Small Firearm Proficiency, Large Weapon Proficiency, Combat Reflexes, Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, Quick Draw, Rapid Reload, Improved Initiative, Two-Weapon Fighting, Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, Greater Two-Weapon Fighting
Notes: Gained +1 Dex@ 4th & 8th, +1 Cha @ 12th

Would this character get to do 9 attacks in a single round (+9 more using the fast as lighting abillity for 18 total!) with the following penalties:
Main hand: +12 (Rapid -2) +10 (Rapid -2)
Off-Hand: +12 (TWF -2) +12 (TWF (-2) +7 (ITWF -5) -3 (GTWF -10)?

Thanks!

Siosilvar
2011-01-05, 01:36 PM
First off, an attack action is not a full attack. It got renamed to standard action in 3.5, but is called an attack action in 3.0, d20 Modern, and evidently this system.

Your full attack sequence should look like one of these:

Main Hand Only: +16/+11/+6
Main Hand Rapid Shot: +14/+14/+9/+4
Main and Off Hand: +14/+9/+4 and +14/+9/+4 (assuming light weapons, so only a -2 penalty for TWF)
Main and Off Hand, Rapid Shot: +12/+12/+7/+2 and +12/+7/+2

Rapid Shot gives you one attack but all are at -2.
Two-Weapon Fighting gives you one attack but all are at -2.
Improved and Greater TWF let you take your iterative attacks with your off hand (at the normal iterative penalties).

These penalties all stack.

Foolster41
2011-01-06, 02:21 AM
I guess spellslinger is 3.0-basded then, I had thought it was 3.5, but it must be older than I thought. (I'll have to take another look at the copyright date/other indicators).

The pistol is a light weapon, so the -2 penalty would be the one.

Edit: Looked it up, yeah looks like I wouldn't even be able to rapid shot even since it says "any special reason" under reasons for needing to do a full-attack.

At very minamum that's 7 attacks per round, nice. (Though +2! Ha! Good luck hitting with that!)

Oh yeah, I forgot to add the Dex bonus, that would help. :smallredface:

Thanks!