PDA

View Full Version : Runescarred berseker

Popertop
2011-01-05, 01:31 PM
Is it too strong?
Or is Anti-magic field rune just good?

How strong do you think the other aspects of the class are?

Tyger
2011-01-05, 01:38 PM
Too strong in comparison to what? It won't compete with a Druid, Wizard, Cleric or any of the other full casters. As a melee machine with some magical aptitude it does very well though. The anti-magic field rune is nice, but recall that you need to re-scar it after every use, with the associated costs therein.

It works quite well in a Barbarian / Frenzied Berserker build, granting some nice versatility.

TroubleBrewing
2011-01-05, 02:17 PM
Yeah. It's a nice little finish to a high-level rage build. Why do you ask if it's too powerful? Is your DM not allowing it for some reason?

Popertop
2011-01-05, 02:27 PM
Read the Stormwind fallacy thread if you want to know about my DM.
Kind of a slanted view on the system.

I know for a fact that he would see that they get an anti-magic rune
and go "OMG THEY ARE SO GOOD" and probably not allow it
despite any arguments for it. Of course I have no idea if he would,
his decisions seem to be based entirely on personal experience and preference, instead of analytical looks at the game system as a whole and, you know, logic. So far he's refused to acknowledge his rhetorical fallacies, but that is neither here nor there.

I wanted to get the playgrounds opinion on this class to kind of temper my view of it.

Tyger
2011-01-05, 03:04 PM
Does he say the same thing about any class that has the spell on its list? If so, that may be an issue he needs to work through.

Keld Denar
2011-01-05, 03:08 PM
Probably just a case of "melee can't have nice things".

Popertop
2011-01-05, 03:24 PM
Probably just a case of "melee can't have nice things".

definitely

Tyger
2011-01-05, 03:26 PM
definitely

Well jeez, they get weapon proficiency and can use some armor - what else do you want? All the casters can do is re-write the fundamental laws of the universe using funny words and hand gestures.