PDA

View Full Version : Tarquin, Draketooth

Endon
2011-01-05, 02:11 PM
Look on Draketooth in http://www.giantitp.com/Images/PostersTogetherBig.jpg!
I think he is Tarquin and he uses some kind of spell to decrease his age, or he have some item or something... If the poster isnt a good reason, then stop at strip 727; he describe Draketooth exactly, and I dont think Girard would risk a existence of a world by a friendship with lawful evil man...
Sorry if this post is here, iīm new :smallbiggrin:

Dr.Epic
2011-01-05, 02:15 PM
So Draketooth is against fascists governments so that's why he sets them up?

But yeah, you have a good point. After all, Therkla is Thog's sister.

edit: also, if Tarquin was Draketooth, he'd be on the poster twice.

Morquard
2011-01-05, 02:17 PM
Tarquin is clearly lawful evil (no, we're not discussing this here, even if you disagree about the evil, he's lawful).
Girard is chaotic from all we've seen.

NerfTW
2011-01-05, 02:21 PM
Who says it's a friendship? He could be held prisoner, or have attacked Tarquin at some point in the past.

I seriously doubt he's Tarquin. For starters, if he was Tarquin, he would have immediately realized who the Order is and what they're looking for, given that he'd know of the destruction of the previous three gates through the warning system.

Endon
2011-01-05, 02:23 PM
Tarquin is clearly lawful evil (no, we're not discussing this here, even if you disagree about the evil, he's lawful).
Girard is chaotic from all we've seen.
maybe he changed... rules allows to change alignment by the evolving of the character, no?

Zevox
2011-01-05, 02:28 PM
Right, the characters with extremely opposite personalities and goals must be one and the same, because one of them knows what the other used to look like. That makes perfect sense. :smallsigh:

Zevox

Endon
2011-01-05, 02:28 PM
Ok, and explain, why is Draketooth with the two hairs in his hace and no ponytail in the poster?
If Richard didnīt used Nale as the pattern...

NerfTW
2011-01-05, 03:26 PM
Because there's only so many hairstyles one can use with stick figures, and because he forgot to put the ponytail on there.

"Same hair" is not a good reason to think two characters are the same, or else Xykon is somehow connected to Elan and Tarquin, given that he has the same hairstyle when he was a human.

TimelordSimone
2011-01-05, 03:27 PM
Girard has looked different every time we've seen him.
Even between 276 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0276.html) and 277 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0277.html) he shaves off his goatee.

Endon
2011-01-05, 03:45 PM
He didnīt have the two cutie hair!
And i didnīt think Rich forgot to put some object to a poster, for which the people pay.

Morquard
2011-01-05, 04:13 PM
maybe he changed... rules allows to change alignment by the evolving of the character, no?
Yeah, but is it really likely?

TimelordSimone
2011-01-05, 05:51 PM
And i didnīt think Rich forgot to put some object to a poster, for which the people pay.

So... his one appearance on the poster negates his three appearances in the comic?

Endon
2011-01-05, 06:15 PM
The 100(probably) years old three looks of Girard

SouthpawHare
2011-01-05, 06:20 PM
Perhaps the ponytail was not left off accidentally on the poster. If you look at Girard closely, he also has different, more elaborate weapons from his past versions, perhaps implying his present appearance that has yet to appear to date?

Zmflavius
2011-01-05, 06:52 PM
I don't suppose Haley also has some wings (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0193.html) under her shirt, based on the errant strand of hair?

Roland Itiative
2011-01-05, 07:06 PM
I don't suppose Haley also has some wings (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0193.html) under her shirt, based on the errant strand of hair?

Of course she does! She's "not exactly what you'd call a..." and her mommy "went to heaven", after all! :smallbiggrin:

P.S. This is not a serious post.

Shhalahr Windrider
2011-01-05, 07:34 PM
And everyone knows that is a rare, purely genetic trait only found in Elan’s family tree.

NerfTW
2011-01-05, 08:04 PM

Because nobody has ever made a minor graphical error in a product before.

And you just dodged my point that Xykon as a human has the same hair as Elan, Nale, and Tarquin. Cling to your theory all you want, but accept that it's completely baseless.

Forlong
2011-01-05, 09:19 PM
I don't get how you came to that conclusion. And I don't want to.

snikrept
2011-01-06, 07:25 AM
So Draketooth is against fascists governments so that's why he sets them up?

But yeah, you have a good point. After all, Therkla is Thog's sister.

edit: also, if Tarquin was Draketooth, he'd be on the poster twice.

Why do you think he's against fascists and governments? You're taking Girard's words at face value? Isn't this the guy who values deception really highly? :smallbiggrin:

TimelordSimone
2011-01-06, 01:03 PM
The 100(probably) years old three looks of Girard

Oh of course, I see now.
The fact that his hair used to look -nothing- like Elan's/Nale's/Tarquin's/Xykon's is irrelevant, because now* it does.
It's so obvious.

*We have no proof that's what he looks like now though. I mean, that's not what Kraagor looks like now, surely?