PDA

View Full Version : So... Can one combine the BoEF and the Psion Sandwich?

Coidzor
2011-01-05, 07:42 PM
Only a line of thinking that I stumbled upon after getting hungry in the LGBTAitp (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181683&page=11)thread has got me pondering the idea of an omnisexual psion sandwich (no, not that kind of sandwich, a SANDVICH! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMfzUZNXRbE&feature=fvw)sandwich, if you will).

Possibly via a route along the lines of the pervirtuoso, only that works. So, speaking of which, is there a psion-variant that gets perform as a class skill?

woodenbandman
2011-01-05, 09:14 PM
I have no idea what you just said.

grarrrg
2011-01-05, 09:21 PM
I have no idea what you just said.

:smalleek:I know exactly what he said, I just don't want to think about it too much.:smalleek:

big teej
2011-01-05, 09:23 PM
I understand the question

unfortunately, I know next to nothing about psionics, so I can't help

however, i enjoyed reading the pervertuoso thread so I hope this one takes off as well

for those requiring a translation

apply psionics to the bedroom
go.

grarrrg
2011-01-05, 09:26 PM
speaking of which, is there a psion-variant that gets perform as a class skill?

Without thinking about it too much, and strictly answering JUST the question:
Elocater (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/prestigeClasses/elocater.htm) has a metric ton of In-class skills. It is a PrC, requires 3-bab, Mobility, and Spring-Attack.
It also requires 8 ranks in Concentration, and the ability to manifest level 1 powers, but that's pretty much a gimmie, since you're already doing the Psychic-Sandwhich trick.

Psychic Rogue (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20040723b) also has Perform, but has a slow manifester progression.

Angry Bob
2011-01-05, 09:44 PM
Problem is, I can't think of any psi class that uses features based on perform, outside of 3rd party or homebrew, like the pervertuoso did.

Coidzor
2011-01-05, 09:45 PM
Elocater (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/prestigeClasses/elocater.htm) has a metric ton of In-class skills. It is a PrC, requires 3-bab, Mobility, and Spring-Attack.

It also requires 8 ranks in Concentration, and the ability to manifest level 1 powers, but that's pretty much a gimmie, since you're already doing the Psychic-Sandwhich trick.

Hmm, pretty nice, aside from the 3 bum feats necessary to get into the class. The Scorn Earth ability might actually give a 10' move speed to the sandwich sans manifesting. Definitely gives the floating sandwich vibe...

So Psion 6/Elocator 1 and then on to new and interesting waters. Any alienist/fleshwarper-like psionic PrCs?

Problem is, I can't think of any psi class that uses features based on perform, outside of 3rd party or homebrew, like the pervertuoso did.

Yeah, psionics almost requires third party to get any depth or real (good) variety to it.

Angry Bob
2011-01-05, 10:03 PM
The crux of the issue is that there's no psi support in the BoEF, and no supplemental or variant rules that they lend themselves to the use of.

Correct me if I'm wrong, though, It's been a while since I read it and I don't have access to the book right now.

megabyter5
2011-01-05, 10:23 PM
I think I know what you're asking, but... A sandwich?

A sentient sandwich is weird enough.
A sapient sandwich is even weirder.
A psionic sandwich is almost too weird.
A sandwich with a sexuality? I'm afraid you've broken the scale, now.

Psyren
2011-01-05, 10:55 PM
There are no official psionic classes that get it.
Human Paragon can progress psionics though, and can get Perform as a class skill for life.
Alternatively - since you're using BoEF, take that feat that gives you Perform (Sexual Techniques) as a class skill.

Dragonmuncher
2011-01-06, 12:25 AM
There are no official psionic classes that get it.
Human Paragon can progress psionics though, and can get Perform as a class skill for life.
Alternatively - since you're using BoEF, take that feat that gives you Perform (Sexual Techniques) as a class skill.

Seems like that's the answer, then. Whatever your build is, add in a level of Human Paragon, which advances Psionics and gives you Perform as a class skill for life.

Eldan
2011-01-06, 03:52 AM
Probably the best way to integrate the BoEF would be a spell-to-power erudite.

turkishproverb
2011-01-06, 03:59 AM
Coidzor. YOu actually Did it...YOU MANIAC! YOU BLEW IT U...wait...

wrong reaction.

Oh, Well. You're still a maniac.

Eldan
2011-01-06, 05:06 AM
Coidzor. YOu actually Did it...YOU MANIAC! YOU BLEW IT U...wait...

wrong reaction.

Oh, Well. You're still a maniac.

You mean, it's Earth?

megabyter5
2011-01-06, 05:21 PM
You mean, it's Earth?

No. Here on Earth, we only make non-sentient sandwiches, thank you very much.

Chess435
2011-01-06, 05:29 PM
I think I'll go cry in a corner due to the mental images this thread has given me.

Coidzor
2011-01-06, 05:46 PM
At least I haven't mentioned the sandwich having Deepspawn. Mostly because I'm still trying to figure out what a sandwich's tentacles would be.

grarrrg
2011-01-06, 07:58 PM
Hmm, pretty nice, aside from the 3 bum feats necessary to get into the class. The Scorn Earth ability might actually give a 10' move speed to the sandwich sans manifesting. Definitely gives the floating sandwich vibe...

So Psion 6/Elocator 1 and then on to new and interesting waters. Any alienist/fleshwarper-like psionic PrCs?

You could go Psion 4/Fighter1/Elocator 1.
It costs you a manifester level, but saves you a feat (fighter bonus) and a level. I'd recommend taking the level of Fighter in-between levels of Psion so you don't have to pay the cross-class penalty on the 8th rank of concentration.

Eldan
2011-01-06, 08:09 PM
At least I haven't mentioned the sandwich having Deepspawn. Mostly because I'm still trying to figure out what a sandwich's tentacles would be.

Asparagus?

Necroticplague
2011-01-06, 08:33 PM
You can use the psionic sandwich trick for any object, so why stick with a sandwich? Heck, you could help another pervertuoso by being a masterwork tool that can use aid other. Since psionics don't need somatic of verbal componets, you help your team member and still blast your enemies.

Urpriest
2011-01-06, 08:43 PM
You can use the psionic sandwich trick for any object, so why stick with a sandwich? Heck, you could help another pervertuoso by being a masterwork tool that can use aid other. Since psionics don't need somatic of verbal componets, you help your team member and still blast your enemies.

Ah yes, a masterwork tool of Perform (Sexual Techniques).

Now the question is, is there a psionic power that makes the manifester vibrate?

Coidzor
2011-01-06, 08:44 PM
Maybe if there's a psionic equivalent of the blur spell that might do it?

turkishproverb
2011-01-06, 08:58 PM
No. Here on Earth, we only make non-sentient sandwiches, thank you very much.

YOu've never watched the muppets, have you?

Psyren
2011-01-06, 09:06 PM
Maybe if there's a psionic equivalent of the blur spell that might do it?

There is a psionic version of Blur, but neither the psionic or magical versions make you vibrate. (It's not that kind of blurring.)

The best I can think of is Fly and Temporal Acceleration, and even pondering it that much makes me feel dirty :smalltongue:

Urpriest
2011-01-06, 09:08 PM
Also: Did you just manifest Ectoplasmic Cocoon, or are you just happy to see me? :smallbiggrin::smalltongue:

megabyter5
2011-01-06, 09:09 PM
YOu've never watched the muppets, have you?

Their Earth is Muppet-Earth, in which all works of fiction have their characters replaced with the standard Muppets cast. Our Earth has a much wider variety of fiction, in which the Muppets are merely given cameo roles.

If we assume infinite realities, there may be a world in which one or more work of fiction does not include any of the Muppets, but this is the realm of pure speculation and irrelevant to this discussion.

Necroticplague
2011-01-07, 03:38 PM

Okay, I just have to go with this joke:And if you're also a pervertuoso, you end up with a pervertuoso within a pervertuoso.

Hyfigh
2011-01-07, 04:10 PM

Now the question is, is there a psionic power that makes the manifester vibrate?

OMG win (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/sympatheticVibration.htm)
How can we incorporate a 6th level Bard only spell into the build?

I need a shower.