PDA

View Full Version : [PF/3.5]Druid Feat Opinion

Rasman
2011-01-05, 08:19 PM
I am at a loss once again.

In our campaign, I have fallen into a sort of Support/Niche role. I was originally going to be our "tank" and be the front line fighter, but when we added new players to the campaign, they sort of stepped into that role since they didn't know what the party composition was.

I was originally going to go the route of Battle Field Control in melee with the Improved Trip chain, but it's not nearly as effective as I thought it was going to be since I don't have the full BAB for my CMB and CMD checks. It's also just easier to use spells to control the battlefield than to do it physically.

So what are some of the unique feats you'd throw at a Druid that works as the party Skill Monkey or are just...out there?

Dead_Jester
2011-01-05, 09:45 PM
Well, if you are using the any druid, then their is the ever popular (and oh so overpowered) natural spell that allows you to do all the good Druid stuff whilst being wildshaped.

For the 3.5 druid, than, for even more abuse fun, consider aberrant wildshape (LoM) and Assume Supernatural Ability (SS), to let you become a Beholder with the eye rays. or an Ethergaunt for early access to full wizard spellcasting.

Of course, if you're playing Pathfinder druid, than you probably have to settle for more basic stuff (although you still theoretically qualify for all the wildshape feats :smallbiggrin:), stuff like boosting your summons (Augmented Summoning, Greenbound Summoning (LEoF), Rashmi Elemental Summoning (UE), or just taking good buff/cc spells and using metamagic.

If you want more control, than the old Fleshraker animal companion (MM III I believe) is always good for the Pounce + Instant Grab + Instant Trip.

Also, remember that every thing mentioned above is at or nearing Droodzilla level of OP, so if you take any, take care not to overshadow every one.

WarKitty
2011-01-05, 09:57 PM
What's the rest of the party composition? Crafting feats are always good. Shape spells is good if you're using AoE spells. Improved initiative is decent for a controller. Reach spell for buffing and healing in combat. Above feats should help you be more relevant to the party, but aren't the most powerful options out there.

Rasman
2011-01-05, 10:58 PM
Well, if you are using the any druid, then their is the ever popular (and oh so overpowered) natural spell that allows you to do all the good Druid stuff whilst being wildshaped.

For the 3.5 druid, than, for even more abuse fun, consider aberrant wildshape (LoM) and Assume Supernatural Ability (SS), to let you become a Beholder with the eye rays. or an Ethergaunt for early access to full wizard spellcasting.

Of course, if you're playing Pathfinder druid, than you probably have to settle for more basic stuff (although you still theoretically qualify for all the wildshape feats :smallbiggrin:), stuff like boosting your summons (Augmented Summoning, Greenbound Summoning (LEoF), Rashmi Elemental Summoning (UE), or just taking good buff/cc spells and using metamagic.

If you want more control, than the old Fleshraker animal companion (MM III I believe) is always good for the Pounce + Instant Grab + Instant Trip.

Also, remember that every thing mentioned above is at or nearing Droodzilla level of OP, so if you take any, take care not to overshadow every one.

We have access to pretty much any source, so it's not an issue if it's outside of PF material.

Well, my character's personality won't let him overshadow everyone. He's too apathetic towards combat because he's so powerful.

The only time he's ever made the party go "holy ****" was casting Avalance - Blizzard - Control Temp - Blood Snow - Blood Snow - Blood Snow on a Goblin army. It only killed...half of them, or something...we didn't get to count the bodies.

But the rest of the time, he's just concerned with returning balance to the world and hating wizards and tries to not do anything too...disruptive to the natural order. That and there are some relatively "newish" players in the party along with one uberpowergamer that steals the spotlight as is.

What's the rest of the party composition? Crafting feats are always good. Shape spells is good if you're using AoE spells. Improved initiative is decent for a controller. Reach spell for buffing and healing in combat. Above feats should help you be more relevant to the party, but aren't the most powerful options out there.

I've actually really been looking at Reach Spell and maybe Craft Wonderous since our DM doesn't understand that the CR of monsters assumes that the players have an appropriate item wealth level. We pretty much have piddle compared to where we should be and I'd love some stat boosters as well.