PDA

View Full Version : The Guard

firemagehao
2011-01-06, 06:46 PM
Eluria was at a crossroads in his life. He was torn between the human world, and the elven world from whence he came. Which path he would have taken is unknown, because one question would change his life.

A man came to Eluria one day, he was well dressed, with an air about him that seemed authoritative. "Hello, I am Tarquin. I have seen you around town, and would like for you to work for my organization. We know of your past... your power.... It would be of use to us. Choose carefully, for it will bind you."

Vladislav
2011-01-10, 01:34 PM
Who are you and what is this organization? What can you possibly offer to me that I *hic* don't already have? Eluria said, still suffering from the effects of hangover the night before. Something was pulling down on his arm. He looked down, and it was a near-empty bottle of Dwaven Ale, still clinging to his fingers. The state of the bottle reminded Eluria of his sorry financial affairs. He was almost out of drinking money, rent overdue, and soon enough he will have to resort to selling his family heirlooms if he is to maintain this lifestyle.

I mean, he mused, hiding the bottle behind his back quickly, of course, you must have something to offer me. What kind of job are we talking about?

firemagehao
2011-01-10, 05:52 PM
"We offer you high standing in most circles, power, wealth, and the promise that your powers will not become known to the public." The man says, "Or would you rather answer after you finish your drink?"

Vladislav
2011-01-10, 11:35 PM
You had me at "power". Eluria set the bottle aside. If he had power, he could get Ilonna. Yes, finally, she will be his, as it was meant to be. Nebulous as the offer was, he nodded in acceptance. After all these month of living with humans, he was still unclear on the handshake customs - when is it in order, and when it's not. He followed Tarquin's arm carefully - if his guest offers a handshake, Eluria will accept it, but won't initiate one.

Who do I have to ... uhm, I mean, what do I have to do?

firemagehao
2011-01-11, 03:59 PM
"This way." He says, walking out of the tavern, and then behind it in the ally. He holds out his hand, as if to shake yours. "This binds the agreement."

Vladislav
2011-01-11, 04:09 PM
Eluria still has to master the skill of a good handshake. He extends his hand and grips Tarquin's hand enthusiastically, but rather feebly.

firemagehao
2011-01-22, 12:51 PM
"good, now follow me." he says, as he taps the wall, a passage opening in it, which he walks into , expecting you to follow.