PDA

View Full Version : Nanabo race(PEACH)

Gamer Girl
2011-01-06, 08:23 PM
So for my new all girl game, we needed a new race....bunny people. So I made the Nanabo(from Nanabozho the Indian spirit).

Nanabo Racial Traits

-2 Strength,-2 Constitution, +2 Dexterity. +2 Charisma
Medium size
Slight Build: The physical stature of nanabos lets them function in many ways as if they were one size category smaller. Whenever a nanabo is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as Hide), the nanabo is treated as one size smaller if doing so is advantageous to the character. A nanabo is also considered to be one size smaller when "squeezing" through a restrictive space. A nanabo can use weapons designed for a creature one size smaller without penalty. However, the space and reach of a nanabo remain those of a creature of their actual size. The benefits of this racial trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject's size category.
Nanabo base land speed is 40 feet.
Low-light vision
Immunity to magic charm effects, and a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against enchantment spells and effects.
Lucky: +1 racial bonus on all saves, one free Luck feat at first level and one additional luck re-roll per day.
Spell-Like Ability: 1/day—speak with animals (rabbits and hairs only, duration 1 minute)
+2 racial bonus on Jump, Listen, and Spot checks
Favored Class: Rogue
Level Adjustment: +0.

Opinions? Too powerful? Too weak?

Now I just need to make some racial feats for them...

Merk
2011-01-06, 08:52 PM
I don't know, having them be both Nanabo and Incarnum Orcs may be a bit much...

More seriously: They're a little underwhelming. Net -2 stat penalty (the Con hit hurts in particular), no real interesting abilities of note (e.g. bonus feat, essentia, powerful build, etc.), and pretty minor bonuses to various things. Immunity to magical charms is nice, but Elves get immunity to sleep effects which are typically save or die.

Consider -2 Str, +2 Dex for abilities and working some of the racial feat ideas you have into the race by default.

EdroGrimshell
2011-01-06, 10:04 PM
Slight build may be a good choice, it's the exact opposite of powerful build

Jarrick
2011-01-06, 11:43 PM
I definately like the concept, and the execution looks good so far. I agree with Merk though regarding their Ability adjustments. Also, low-light vision doesn't usually have a range limit. :smalltongue:

Were you considering posting some fluff to go with these? :smallsmile:

Edit: Also, it's funny finding a race of bunny people so soon after posting my yojimbo class. Here's why: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usagi_Yojimbo

Admiral Squish
2011-01-07, 01:03 AM
Well, first, I definitely want to see some fluff for these things.

Second, the big thing that sticks out is a lack of unique racial features. Why would you be this instead of an elf?

I would like to see them without the con penalty, or, to counterbalance it, +2 to wis and cha (wis because of the good senses and instincts of a rabbit and cha because bunnies are adorable). I would like the see the bonus to skill checks higher, perhaps give them a 'hop' ability that would give them the ability to make jump checks normally without a running start. Another thing would be to mention the kick somehow. Possibly just improved unarmed strike for free, or a bonus to unarmed strike damage for monks, or even a slam attack, with a special note about how it can be done with the hands full.

Antonok
2011-01-07, 08:57 AM
Fisrt off, LONG LIVE THE BUNNY GIRLS!

Slight build may be a good choice, it's the exact opposite of powerful build

Secondened.

I would like to see them without the con penalty, or, to counterbalance it, +2 to wis and cha (wis because of the good senses and instincts of a rabbit and cha because bunnies are adorable).

I was thinking +2 Dex and Cha, -2 Con and Str. Bunnies aren't the strongest creature around, and they're near scared to death by almost anything. But they're quick little buggers; and honestly, if a bunny girl starts making puppy dog eyes at you, are you REALLY gonna say no?

Additional thought: Haste as a spell like ability 1/day fits rly well.

Gamer Girl
2011-01-07, 03:40 PM
Well, first, I definitely want to see some fluff for these things.

I kinda though people would not want to see fluff. That's why they only have crunch bits.

Admiral Squish
2011-01-07, 05:45 PM
I kinda though people would not want to see fluff. That's why they only have crunch bits.

Why would you think that?
Really, it's a pretty important part of it. Yes, if you leave out the fluff, then people can come up with their own, but really, without fluff of your own to offer, all anyone's going to think is 'bunny girl'. You need to provide some fluff of your own if you want them to be taken seriously.