PDA

View Full Version : Lazer's Lot [DMOOCH]



Pages : [1] 2 3 4

lostsole31
2011-01-06, 10:42 PM
This is the 'silent' partner to my Savage Tide campaign, the DMOOCH (DM's OOC Handbook), the place where I put current-running battle info/init/status and other such yummy DM-arific Only things so as not to have to worry about meta-gamey tempting dramatic irony. This site is only for use by lostsole31 (that's me, folks). Please refrain from posting, and if you are in my Savage Tide campaign and you stalk here, may the crabs of a thousand shorelines dance in your nether regions!

lostsole31
2011-01-07, 02:14 AM
R1T21: At the call of boarding pirates, something that is bloody unlikely so close to the city, Darrius lets out a sigh as he glances to Wanderfar, You see this coming too?"

He was never much for climbing, but with a slight furrow of his gills he regards the net-ladder. He decides to go up stealthily and hold position. If no one heard him coming up the net, then perhaps he can pop up for a stealthy shot next round.No need to go up and then Hide (2 actions, btw) ... better to start out stealthy from the get go, and then simply spend the 2 actions anyway so your ascent is unheard and unnoticed.
R1T20.9: Celiss, split second after Soller yells, your reflexes kick in and you can act. One goon is off by himself towards the bow, 10' from you - with a light crossbow loaded at the rabbi. The other goon is 10' from you towards aft with his light crossbow trained on you. Soller has rapier and buckler readied, and is standing next to the aft goon. You figure the two in the boat heard Soller yell and know what to do, but you're not sure.

What do you do?

I/S
Darrius: 21. Outboard of starboard gunwale. Stealth 26.
Celiss Nightrom: 20.9.
Vakrissa Flint-eye: 16.
Rabbi Cohen: 15.9.
Deck Watch 2: 13. Crossbow trained on Celiss.
Wanderfar: 12.
Deck Watch 1: 7. Crossbow trained on Rabbi Cohen.
Soller Vark: 4.

lostsole31
2011-01-07, 01:30 PM
R1T20.9: Get down and take cover. It'll make it less easy to hit you!" Celiss says to the dwarf quickly, her mind racing.

She wanted to charge Soller immediately, but at the same time, it would probably be easier to bring down one of his thugs first. After a moment, Celiss breathes deeply and speaks - words of magic rather than Common coming from her mouth. With a flourish she sweeps her arms in front of her, magic flowing from her and imposing her will on the world, forcing a shield of pure energy into existence in front of her that quickly diminishes from sight, but still warns the thugs that it is probably still there. With her defenses in place, Celiss tenses her muscles, ready to move; she's confident that the energies protecting her will make it much more difficult to hit her than the dwarf, so she's willing to place herself in the line of fire.

R1T16: Vakrissa charges in from the air at the lone thug (who is aiming at the rabbi), and slashes across his leather armor but does not cut through. She is five feet above him with high-ground advantage.

R1T15.9: Rabbi Cohen prays to the Soulforger to protect him from hostility, glad that he has protectors like you, but still fearful of the combat and the crossbow trained squarely upon him.He casts sanctuary.He then backs into the gunwale and moves to the side so as not to impede the others. "Help! Gentlemen, help! They mean to do away with us!" he yells for Wanderfar and Darrius.

R1T13: The watch standing by Soller fires at Celiss, but he just misses her without her even needing to dodge.Celiss, more out of an understanding of fight psychology rather than a desire to understand people, has a unique understanding of combat mentality. It seems that most people - even soldiers, law enforcement, and criminals - do not really wish to attack or kill, usually hoping on brandished weapons and words to make others stand down. In studies held of several archery squads, it was determined that most arrows were expended without a target (some overwhelming 80%) - not because the archers were that incompetent, but because they were afraid of actually taking aim at another human being. It seems that most wars are won through individuals pushing the masses, rather than the masses, unless they have exceptional training regimens that help them past this fight mentality.

In this very case, you have a guy who is probably paid to take orders and do violence when directed, but has little real experience doing that. Only if he were to shoot/ attack something 'less human' might the humanistic desire be overborne. In short, you might be able to demoralize one of the thugs without resorting to take his head off. He looks scared now.
R1T12: Wanderfar, you are significantly faster than Darrius, stronger, and seemingly more athletic, but your armor weighs you down a little. Same DC to clamber up the rope, but you think you can get up and pop over the gunwale all in one move action. Based on where you heard Rabbi-Doctor Cohen's voice, you should choose the aft-side of the Jacob's ladder. [OOC: That will bring you out in front of Celiss - you won't block her movement, btw - but you actually don't know that.] What do you do?

I/S
Darrius: 21. Outboard of starboard gunwale. Stealth 26.
Celiss Nightrom: 20.9. Shield til end R11T20.9.
**** READIED ACTION: Move to block Soller if he advances!
Vakrissa Flint-eye: 16. 5' height above DW1.
Rabbi Cohen: 15.9. Sanctuary til end R2T15.9.
Deck Watch 2: 13. Crossbow unloaded (9).
Wanderfar: 12.
Deck Watch 1: 7. Crossbow trained on Rabbi Cohen.
Soller Vark: 4.

lostsole31
2011-01-07, 04:09 PM
R1T12: "And...To think....I WANTED to be on a boat," Denomar thinks to himself.

Hand over hand, Denomar pulls himself up over the ladder, as he reaches the top he springs up and over and onto the deck. Denomar takes his staff off of its sling around his chest and brandishes it, preparing to plant it into any enemy that makes another aggressive move towards the rest of the party.

R1T7: Whether a result of the weak orison, or the fact that he was just charged by a flying, scythe-wielding, animalistic humanoid, the deck watch at the bow shifts his target to Vakrissa, stepping back before taking the shot. A fluke shot, it hits her in the hip for 7 damage. The fact that she not only doesn't go down, but seems firm of approach to continue attack, makes the man very nervous.

R1T4: Soller Vark moves forward to meet Celiss, but she steps forward to meet him before he gets a chance. "Tha's right, me pet. Come to me!"

Despite this, he stops short at the same time - not quite judging distance correctly. As he stabs at her with his rapier, he slips on the deck's mildly slick surface falling backwards, getting the wind knocked out of him. His shock makes him appear to be stunned.

End Round One, Begin Round Two ...

R2T21: Darrius pops over the rail and spits at the best-looking target, the fallen man. It would've been an easy target, but Darrius had to shoot at little lower and to the side to make sure he wouldn't hit the wizard-woman, Celiss. He burns a hole in the hull, 3' past Soller's head.

R2T20.9: Celiss, Soller tried to attack you, and fell to the ground and appears stunned. What do you do?

(If anyone wants to declare their actions now, anyway, go ahead.)

I/S
Darrius: 21. Outboard of starboard gunwale. Stealth 26.
Celiss Nightrom: 20.9. Shield til end R11T20.9.
**** READIED ACTION: Move to block Soller if he advances!
Vakrissa Flint-eye: 16. 5' height above DW1.
Rabbi Cohen: 15.9. Sanctuary til end R2T15.9.
Keeper: 15. In the hold, awaiting signal to light fire.
Deck Watch 2: 13. Crossbow unloaded (9).
Wanderfar: 12.
Goon 4 (f): 11.9.
Goon 3 (f): 8.
Deck Watch 1: 7. Crossbow unloaded (9).
Goon 5 (f): 6.
Soller Vark: 4. Stunned/ prone til end R2T4.
Ketrana: 3.
Goon 6: 2.

lostsole31
2011-01-07, 06:50 PM
R2T20.9: Celiss smiles a bit, finding the situation quite humorous. Still, just because the man failed spectacularly now doesn't mean that he wasn't a threat-if she didn't act now, Celiss might regret it later. So, she pulls back a fist and aims a punch at his gut or face, whichever presents a better target, and comes down with that fist on his chest for 6 NL damage.The assumption is that if you were wanting to do a NL coup de grace in the first place, that is the type of damage (NL = nonlethal) that you wanted to do to him.
You two, with the crossbows! Celiss shouts, directing it at the two goons. I think you should surrender. My forces are all around the boat-the few you see now are just the first to arrive. If you give up now you'll end up unharmed-or at least less harmed than if you fight and end up like this. She says, gesturing to the acid-made hole in the ship. Any reasonable person would surrender-these two weren't hardcore killers, she could tell, and the threat of reinforcements combined with an already outnumbering force, in addition to an enemy who is apparently more than a match for their leader-it all added up to a completely unwinnable situation. Even if this Solar guy stood back up, in a short time he'd be back down on the boards.Actually, I do allow a nonlethal (NL) coup de grace, but the same conditions apply ... he is stunned, not helpless or immobile.
R2T16: "We don't take no orders from women!" the crossbowman near Celiss snarls.

Seeing that this will take some more doing, Vakrissa swoops in 5' towards her target and swipes down brilliantly for 10 damage (note, it's lethal) in and across the poor bugger's right shoulder and upper chest. He is grievously wounded.

R2T15.9: Rabbi Cohen, seeing that he is safe from the one that was going to shoot at him, pulls out a belaying pin at the rope grid and throws it at the other crossbowman, but it bounces off of his buckler.

R2T13: That same goon drops his crossbow and draws his rapier, stepping forward 5' and attacking, but Celiss easily dodges the poor attack.

R2T12: Wanderfar? It's only a five-foot step to move up face-to-face with this DW2 (the designation for the person I just mentioned in R2T13, above), and the same movement to step forward and attack the fallen Soller with your quarterstaff. What do you do?

I/S
Darrius: 21. Outboard of starboard gunwale. Stealth 26.
Celiss Nightrom: 20.9. Shield til end R11T20.9.
Vakrissa Flint-eye: 16. 5' height above DW1.
Rabbi Cohen: 15.9.
Keeper: 15. In the hold, awaiting signal to light fire.
Deck Watch 2: 13. Rapier and buckler.
* Crossbow unloaded (9).
Wanderfar: 12.
Goon 4 (f): 11.9.
Goon 3 (f): 8.
Deck Watch 1: 7. (2:12). Crossbow unloaded (9). Near VF.
Goon 5 (f): 6.
Soller Vark: 4. (26:26, 6 NL). Stunned/ prone til end R2T4.
Ketrana: 3.
Goon 6: 2.

lostsole31
2011-01-08, 02:28 AM
R2T12: Seeing a potential opening. As well as a potential threat to his teammate, Denomar steps in to the attack. His staff sweeping over his head and around in a tight fast arc. The first strike crushes the goon's right foot for a whopping 16 damage, dropping him instantly. You spin the staff from this lower position to go careening off of Vark's right shin for a crushing 11 damage.

"An opening!"MA: 10' move to threaten both.
SA: Only a single standard action to make this double attack. They were good rolls, but regardless of good or bad, the first rolls made are kept; in this case that more than works in your favor. Since you actually threatened a crit with the first attack, the 13 will be the confirmation. The '10' on the next post will be against Vark.
Because in the narrative you stated the goon first, then Vark, that is how I approached resolution for this. I then rolled damage against Vark for you.
R2T11.9: A woman with a rapier and buckler (Goon 4) comes up the forward ladder from below, moving in to attack Vakrissa, but is too slow for the preternaturally fast shifter.

R2T8: Another woman (Goon 3) is fast behind, and tries to get past Vakrissa's scythe. Vakrissa almost drops her scythe as she overswings. She continues down the starboard side, ending her movement in front of Rabbi Cohen.

R2T7: Deck Watch 2, who was horribly wounded by Vakrissa, dares to put his hands at the mercy of the sea. He drops his light crossbow and dives into the water off the starboard side, using accelerated swimming to move out 15'.

R2T6: Yet another armed woman comes out the forward ladder to the main deck. This woman, however makes a valiant thrust that crits Vakrissa in the left knee for 7 damage. At this point, the impressive flying shifter definitely seems to be feeling the wounds in her hip and knee.

R2T4: Vark is still stunned on the deck, but recovers at the end of his turn, still unable to get up - and trying to get his bearings.

R2T3: From the open hatch midships-centerline comes another armed woman. As he head pops out she sees Vark and goes, "NO! I'll run you through, bitch!"

She goes to step out of the hatch right next to you, Celissa (other side of Wanderfar). You throw out a kick to her stomach as she tries to come out ... critting her for 13 NL damage. She falls back down into the hold.

R2T1: A man comes up, moving past his fallen comrade, and stands to Celiss' forward-right. He stabs, but misses.

End Round Two, Begin Round Three ...

Rabbi Cohen calls out to Darrius, "Sir, we could really use your help on deck!"

R3T21: Darrius, the way to a melee attack position on Wanderfar/ Celiss' ranks would be a long way around (and they seem to have things well under control). The forward part of the ship is not so bright. Vakrissa is badly wounded, though 5' in the air. One wounded man jumped ship, but two others are pressing her on opposite sides. (Her height advantage bars flanking ... flanking is done in 3D, not 2D.)

Oh, yes, and there is a goon on Rabbi Cohen. If you came on deck and tried to pass the goon, you would provoke an AOO. Rabbi Cohen says, "I might not be any help, but Vakrissa is and she needs help! Don't worry about me."

What do you do?

I/S
Darrius: 21. Outboard of starboard gunwale. Stealth 26.
Celiss Nightrom: 20.9. Shield til end R11T20.9.
Vakrissa Flint-eye: 16. 5' height above DW1.
Rabbi Cohen: 15.9.
Keeper: 15. In the hold, awaiting signal to light fire.
Wanderfar: 12.
Goon 4 (f): 11.9. Vs Vakrissa.
Goon 3 (f): 8. Fwd side of Rabbi Cohen.
Goon 5 (f): 6. Vs Vakrissa.
Soller Vark: 4. (15:26, 6 NL). Prone.
Goon 6: 2. Forward-right of Celiss.

DYING
Deck Watch 2: 13. (-4:12). Rapier and buckler.
* Crossbow unloaded (9).

RETREATING
Deck Watch 1: 7. (2:12). Bolts (9).

KO'd:
Ketrana: 3. (12:12, 13 NL).

OTHER
Light crossbow on deck. Rapier on deck.

lostsole31
2011-01-08, 03:35 AM
R3T21: The dark-skinned man grumbles as he takes a half moment to refocus himself on the art of killing, the reddish gleam in the pelt's eyes draining away as the dragons at his throat writhe and their eyes spew forth greater light. For a moment it is all but certain that Darrius will pitch his lunch from the taste that floods his mouth, but he presses on in an attempt to aid the winged warrior woman.

He just barely ducks past the anti-dwarvite goon without incident and moves several more feet to stand squarely next to another goon (again, no flanking bonus, since flanking is 3D, not 2D) with Vakrissa on the other side - but 5' in the air. He goes to spit at the woman, but she stabs him in the belly for 4 damage, causing his spittle to go wide.

R3T20.9: Meanwhile, towards the aft, Celiss ... Vark is no longer stunned, but still prone. A man is to his right (your forward-right). What do you do?

I/S
Darrius: 21. Outboard of starboard gunwale. Stealth 26.
Celiss Nightrom: 20.9. Shield til end R11T20.9.
Vakrissa Flint-eye: 16. 5' height above DW1.
Rabbi Cohen: 15.9.
Keeper: 15. In the hold, awaiting signal to light fire.
Wanderfar: 12.
Goon 4 (f): 11.9. Vs Vakrissa.
Goon 3 (f): 8. Fwd side of Rabbi Cohen.
Goon 5 (f): 6. Vs Vakrissa.
Soller Vark: 4. (15:26, 6 NL). Prone.
Goon 6: 2. Forward-right of Celiss.

DYING
Deck Watch 2: 13. (-5:12). Rapier and buckler.
* Crossbow unloaded (9).

RETREATING
Deck Watch 1: 7. (2:12). Bolts (9).

KO'd:
Ketrana: 3. (12:12, 13 NL).

OTHER
Light crossbow on deck. Rapier on deck.

lostsole31
2011-01-08, 11:21 AM
R3T20.9: Celiss turns to this new enemy, swinging an arm to hit him with the side of her hand. Her ridge hand goes deep into his gut for 7 NL damage, and the wind is knocked out of him. She does, however, stay close enough to Solar to be able to hit him when he came up-hopefully dropping him like she had done to that women before. Again, the assumption ... until you tell me otherwise ... is that you are using nonlethal damage.
R3T16: Darrius, you've never been stabbed in the belly before, but the hype of combat and your forward movement brought you closer than you had hoped. It turns out, though, that Vakrissa is offering you a different type of opportunity. Despite her many wounds, she bravely alights onto the deck, putting the woman between you and her (though also meaning she is being flanked by the woman on the other side). Unfortunately, you have no weapon so the woman between you isn't really threatened ... "If you have a weapon to put in hand, Wavebreaker - take it out now and hit her!" says Vakrissa.

She doesn't relent on attack, though, but rather fights much more cautiously to hopefully enjoy a little better defense (i.e., fighting defensively). Her scythe makes a wicked cut in the woman's belly for 9 damage and the woman screams in pain.

R3T15.9: Wanderfar, you hear the rabbi mutter something. The other two hears what he says, "Moradin, in my life you have blessed me - for whatever hidden reason - with times of speed and agility. Bless me now that I may safely get to an injured sister-at-arms."

He says this, and ducks to the side of his aggressor, tries to move past her but she lunges and misses, and then he bolts to Vakrissa's side and casts a spell, while concentrating on it so as not to leave an opening for either enemy that threatens him. Wanderfar is too busy to see this, but Celissa is alert and notes the spell, as does (of course) Darrius: cure light wounds. He heals 14 damage ... a little more than either of the two of you thought possible for such a spell, even if the rabbi were an accomplished spellcaster hiding in your midst! Vakrissa is fully healed. :smallamused:

R3T15.9: Vark is at your feet and still conscious, Wanderfar. What do you do? (He's prone, not unconscious, so no coup de grace.)

I/S
Darrius: 21. Outboard of starboard gunwale. Stealth 26.
Celiss Nightrom: 20.9. Shield til end R11T20.9.
Vakrissa Flint-eye: 16. 5' height above DW1.
Rabbi Cohen: 15.9.
Keeper: 15. In the hold, awaiting signal to light fire.
Wanderfar: 12.
Goon 4 (f): 11.9. Vs Vakrissa.
Goon 3 (f): 8. Fwd side of Rabbi Cohen.
Goon 5 (f): 6. (3:12). Vs Vakrissa. Flanked by Vakrissa and Darrius.
Soller Vark: 4. (15:26, 6 NL). Prone.
Goon 6: 2. (12:12, 7 NL). Forward-right of Celiss.

DYING
Deck Watch 2: 13. (-5:12). Rapier and buckler.
* Crossbow unloaded (9).

RETREATING
Deck Watch 1: 7. (2:12). Bolts (9).

KO'd:
Ketrana: 3. (12:12, 13 NL).

OTHER
Light crossbow on deck. Rapier on deck.

lostsole31
2011-01-10, 05:04 AM
R3T15.9: Denomar raises his staff. And hesitates. Does this man really deserve death? Opting to the side of caution he strikes for Vark's head with the staff with the intent to knock him out. But not kill him. He thunks the butt of his spear towards Vark's head. The scoundrel is no longer stunned, and thus a little squirrely; he just barely puts his forearms in front of his face and the staff is stopped by his buckler.

R3T11.9: The forwardmost goon-ette that flanks Vakrissa looks in disbelief at the fact that the beleagured shifter is now fully healed. Still, she does much better this time and stabs Vakrissa in he left hand for 6 damage, despite the shifter attempting to be more defensive, thanks to the goon's flanking friend.

R3T8: The woman that was on the rabbi a few seconds ago before he bolted, now moves into position behind Darrius and stabs him in his left femoral artery in his inner thigh for a critical 7 damage. They may not do a lot of damage, but rapiers are very good at causing wounds.

R3T6: Though she was there to help both of her lady comrades to harm Vakrissa and wound Darrius, Goon 5 (flanked by both, but allowing both to be flanked) seems overcome by her massive wound and yells, "Yer' own your own, Soller!"

She throws down her rapier and withdraws from combat - Vakrissa missing her - to the port side and overboard (she had to go port, since the rabbi was in her way).

R3T4: Vark snarls and yells, with his head facing the midships hatch going down to the hold, "Burn them! Burn them all!"

He makes a desperate stab at Wanderfar with his rapier (while prone), which is easily blocked. At the same time, Vark tries to stand, but Celiss punches him in the nose for 8 NL, and Vark goes back down. His falling back actually causes Wanderfar to miss his AOO. Celiss struck his bell but good, and screams through the pain of his bloodied nose while releasing his rapier to the deck, "I give! I give! Just don't kill me, plleeeee-eeease!"

R3T2: The man to the front and right of Celiss spits and says, "You're own your own, coward!"

He withdraws from Celiss, and leaps over the port side.

End Round Three, Begin Round Four ...

R4T21: Darrius, to enjoy Vakrissa's position, forgoes the opponent in front of him. He tumbles away from her, and tries to get in position behind the woman near the forward ladder. He isn't so good on approach, but she misses the nimble man, and he stands behind her with the dagger he brought out with a flick of his wrist. He weaves it back and forth in the air in front of him and a faint trail of blue light trails behind it before he stabs forward with it to find that crucial weak point, but his dagger scrapes across her leather armor.

R4T20.9: The rabbi calls out, "What did he mean by 'Burn them!'?"

Celiss, what do you do? Vark has surrendered. One man lies bloody on deck - it's not known if he's dead or unconscious. Presumably, you knocked a woman out and she fell into the hold. Another three are retreating. Only two women remain fighting on deck up forward, where Vakrissa, Darrius, and Rabbi Cohen are. You can tell from here, though, that Darrius is severely wounded. What do you do?


I/S
Darrius: 21.
Celiss Nightrom: 20.9. Shield til end R11T20.9.
Vakrissa Flint-eye: 16. 5' height above DW1.
Rabbi Cohen: 15.9.
Keeper: 15. In the hold, awaiting signal to light fire.
Wanderfar: 12.
Goon 4 (f): 11.9. Fwd, Vs Vakrissa.
Goon 3 (f): 8. Mid-ships, w/ 5' gap before Vakrissa.
Soller Vark: 4. (15:26, 14 NL). Prone.

DYING
Deck Watch 2: 13. (-5:12). Rapier and buckler.
* Crossbow unloaded (9).

RETREATING
Deck Watch 1: 7. (2:12). Bolts (9). 15' from ship, stbd fwd.
Goon 5 (f): 6. (3:12). Rapier on deck. Stern in water.
Goon 6: 2. (12:12, 7 NL). Port aft quarter in water.

KO'd:
Ketrana: 3. (12:12, 13 NL).

OTHER
Light crossbow on deck. Rapier on deck.

lostsole31
2011-01-10, 08:48 PM
R4T20.9: Celiss wavers for a moment-she's sure that if the women from below is still conscious, she'd be burning something important. I'll tell you now-your fate depends completely on what we find here-if find out that, say, you told someone to burn something important...Well, then, I'd probably have a hard time keeping my comrades from killing you. She says.

Celiss charges the closest female goon, hoping to bring one down quickly and end the fight. She can't come up squarely against her to flank with Vakrissa (the mast was in the way of that trajectory), but she comes up to Rabbi Cohen's left (and Vakrissa's forward-left). If only she could've flanked, she might have hit, but her fist bounces off of the woman's buckler.

R4T16: Vakrissa, however, takes the advantage. She steps over so that now Celiss and Vakrissa are flanking the woman diagonally. Celiss, a good eye for talent and movement, recognizes that not only is the shifter a little bit stronger than herself, the druid seems to possess a little more combat experience as well. She short-handles her scythe and cuts behind the woman's right knee. It is not a grievous wound (for what seems to be a tough woman), but it is a painful 7 damage. She screams and drops her rapier.

R4T15.9: No longer threatened because she dropped her rapier, Rabbi Cohen does a "U" shape to avoid the last combatant and come to Darius from his left. He says, "Moradin, a second ago, you blessed me with a gift I've never had. I beg you do so again, that this worthy may be strong enough to enforce justice."

What comes to Celiss as a shock, is that as he says, this ... there comes something like a second voice - starting halfway through his sentence - that also comes from the Doctor, and ends a few seconds later. The Rabbi touches Darrius with glowing hands and gives 11 healing, just enough to heal him fully. Darrius is no longer expecting an errant stab to kill him outright.

Celiss, what you didn't have the facing to really take time to notice before, is that his casting a spell and channeling healing power seems to come to him as a legitimate shock, as if he were hoping for the best, and his god answered his plea. It's almost as if they were legitimate prayers he asks for, rather than spells he seems like he was trained to cast.

R4T15: Everyone, smoke begins to come out of the midships hatch going down into the hold. You hear the agitated shrieks of monkeys, parrots, and goodness knows what else wells up from the hold. Wanderfar, now you know why your smell was overloaded and you had to forgo your hunter's sense ... the smell of many animals in the hold was overpowering to your keen olfactory sense!

A split second later, there is the sound of a terrific crash followed by a woman's high-pitched scream and a strange, shrill keening. :smallfrown:

The last woman fighting (Darrius) drops her rapier and looks more afraid of that sound than the many armed heroes in front of her.

R4T12: Wanderfar, what do you do?

I/S
Darrius: 21.
Celiss Nightrom: 20.9. Shield til end R11T20.9.
Rhagodessa: 20.
Vakrissa Flint-eye: 16.
Rabbi Cohen: 15.9.
Wanderfar: 12.
Goon 4 (f): 11.9. Fwd, vs Darrius. Dropped rapier.
Goon 3 (f): 8. (5:12). Diag-flanked by Varkrissa & Celiss. Dropped rapier.
Soller Vark: 4. (15:26, 14 NL). Prone.

DYING
Deck Watch 2: 13. (-5:12). Rapier and buckler.
* Crossbow unloaded (9).

RETREATING
Deck Watch 1: 7. (2:12). Bolts (9). 15' from ship, stbd fwd.
Goon 5 (f): 6. (3:12). Rapier on deck. Stern in water.
Goon 6: 2. (12:12, 7 NL). Port aft quarter in water.

KO'd:
Ketrana: 3. (12:12, 13 NL).

OTHER
Light crossbow on deck. Rapier on deck.

lostsole31
2011-01-10, 10:36 PM
R4T12: Burning Beasts? Wanderfar's opinion of Vark drops several degrees. Muttering a vehement oath he swings his staff at Vark's face again (knocking him unconscious at least, but maybe even killing him). Barely even looking to see if the blow connects he dashes towards the open hatch in the deck (just aft of the mast), staring about to try and find something to put the fire out.

This is an open hatch, and a ladder goes down (towards aft). At the bottom of the ladder, lying unconscious, is the woman that Celiss KO'd with a kick to the babymaker.

A few feet aft of her, you see a woman (one that you hadn't seen yet, though dressed like the other thugs) that is being chawed on by a creature (and a broken cage behind it). The dead woman, whose head is being eaten even now, has flint and steel in her hand, and it looks like she was causing a lot of smoke that agitated the animals ... but she never did quite make a fire.

The spider-like creature is the size of a pony. The creature's body is dark brown with yellow stripes, its furred legs long and spindly. The front pair of its ten legs rear up threateningly when it sees you, their tips flattening into terrible discs studded with dozens of hooked suckers. The monster's head is horrifically oversized, dominated by immense mandibles that chatter and clack with obvious hunger.

In other cages from your vantage point you see all sorts of smaller cages (held within the larger, cell-like cages) various sorts of exotic monkeys, parrots, and other types of animals.

Very faintly, in an aft corner, you see something that you can't fully distinguish ... but you think there may actually be something humanoid back there!

R4T11.9/8: The two women, their rapiers dropped, raise their hands high (though bucklers are still on them. They want nothing more to do with fighting, though both are looking at the hole, nervously.

End Round Four, Begin Round Five ...

R5T21: Darrius, what do you do? If you wanted to go into the hold to investigate, there is actually a ladder right behind you. You have no idea what Wanderfar saw, though you definitely heard!

Celiss, go ahead and state your action, too.

I/S
Darrius: 21.
Celiss Nightrom: 20.9. Shield til end R11T20.9.
Rhagodessa: 20.
Vakrissa Flint-eye: 16.
Rabbi Cohen: 15.9.
Wanderfar: 12.
Goon 4 (f): 11.9. Fwd, vs Darrius. Dropped rapier.
Goon 3 (f): 8. (5:12). Diag-flanked by Varkrissa & Celiss. Dropped rapier.

DYING
Deck Watch 2: 13. (-6:12). Rapier and buckler.
* Crossbow unloaded (9).

RETREATING
Deck Watch 1: 7. (2:12). Bolts (9). 15' from ship, stbd fwd.
Goon 5 (f): 6. (3:12). Rapier on deck. Stern in water.
Goon 6: 2. (12:12, 7 NL). Port aft quarter in water.

KO'd:
Ketrana: 3. (12:12, 13 NL).
Soller Vark: 4. (7:26, 14 NL).

OTHER
Light crossbow on deck. Rapier on deck.

lostsole31
2011-01-13, 03:40 PM
R5T20.9: Celiss grimaces, annoyed. She had hoped that Soller would have ordered his people to stop, but there was nothing to do about that now.

What's in the hold?! Tell me now! Celiss demands, whirling to face the remaining two of Soller's thugs.

Wanderer answers flatly and a little reticently, "It's a...Bug. A very large bug.

Wanderfar isn't really sure how to proceed. He's just happy the ship won't burn down.

"Exotic animals and stuff, for sale at the arena and to black market buyers - some are legal, but it was so whoever Vark's boss is didn't have to pay customs," says one.

"We don't know half of what some are," says the other. "Vark just paid us to guard the ship."

Celiss dashes to the ladder, the plans she had seen only hours before easy to call into her mind. "How large is the fire?" she asks, stopping just in front of the ladder. "Soller was using the ship as a place to hold illegal merchandise - some of it's legal but smuggled anyways. That explains why they attacked us like that."

"Make sure those two don't run off!" Celiss shouts to her winged ally and the dwarf before turning back to face the opening. It is clear by her specific exclusion of Darrius (also forward with the last two standing goons), that she might want some help.

Celiss, you see exactly what was described above for Wanderfar. There is no fire, and the woman that was probably the one to begin that is in pieces while that .... thing ... was chowing on her. You also see, a few feet away and at the bottom of the ladder, the woman you kicked in the ovaries and KO'd. The cages, the broken cage where this thing came from ... and is there something else in the back section? is that a humanoid leg of some sort that you see? The most important thing about this scene, is that this bug-thing seems to be looking up the ladder at Wanderfar......and now at you as well. Its mandibles clack menacingly.

Darrius, you hesitated. Anytime you want to take your turn, let me know. Otherwise, you are forward, helping the 'winged ally and the dwarf' cover the two women.

R5T20: The Bug bursts up the ladder with surprising speed. (A 'ladder' in nautical terms, is not only a ladder, but can also mean stairs. These are stairs going from lower aft to upper forward - towards the mast.) With its massive jaw it bites Wanderfar in his right hand for 7 damage .... and then skitters back down the ladder, but not before Celiss kicks at it, her foot bouncing off the chitinous jaws.Yes, you got it ... it moved-attacked-moved. Not a DM mistake.
R5T16: Vakrissa calls out, "Blessed Autumn! I saw those jaws! That's a rhagodessa, a rare arachnid often used as a guardian. Back away from the ladder and let it come up on deck so we can surround it. It's not only incredibly strong, but unless we wolf-pack, it will just dart in and out all day. With that limited hole, only another person might get a rare chance to attack it."

She then casts a spell on herself to get herself ready for more battle (6 healing), just enough to heal herself fully. "I can fly faster than you can swim," says Vakrissa to the two goons, allowing her scythe to catch the light off the ship's lanterns. "Think about it."

She then moves 10' behind Wanderfar and Celiss.

"You," says the rabbi to one of the women. "Hand me your crossbow and case." He delays ...

R5T14: Darrius certainly didn't like the looks of things. If there was one thing that he absolutely abhorred, it was bugs. Underwater, the various crustaceans and other sea creatures that might scare the piss out of young land-bound maidens bothered him not at all. On land, however, the creepy, crawly, and sometimes hairy nasty little grubs that infested the earth were utterly disgusting to the dark-skinned man. He felt the bile rise in his mouth at the sight of those jaws and for a moment he did not recognize the sensation. Dribbles of acidic drool were trickling from the corners of his mouth as his tongue was bathed in the bitter slurry and he realized something strange.

He was hungry. He wanted to crack the thing's carapace and suck out the innards and devour whatever he could find inside. The realization was startling and for several moments he was entirely stunned with his own thoughts.

His eyes caught the gleam of Vakrissa's scythe and blinked several times as his eyes re-focused and he came back to the here and now. Almost without thinking his voice gurgled past his spit and bile, "Indeed she can, and I can breathe water. Can you?"

With a quick whip of his head he sends the majority of the excess that has pooled in his mouth over the side of the ship and pulls his shield up from his side to sit firmly on one arm. He tests it out with a few quick blocking motions and then glances back towards the hole where the insect emerged from. Even as he takes a step towards the ladder down he glances to the others, "If we could keep it down there we could potentially take it out from up here with crossbows and acid, but I'm not sure we'd have very good shots if it tried to hide."

R5T12: Wow, that hurt! Wanderfar, what do you do? Darrius, you are still delaying.

I/S
Celiss Nightrom: 20.9. Shield til end R11T20.9.
Rhagodessa: 20.
Vakrissa Flint-eye: 16.
Rabbi Cohen: 15.9. DELAYS ....
Darrius: 14.
Wanderfar: 12.
Goon 4 (f): 11.9. Fwd, vs Darrius. Dropped rapier.
Goon 3 (f): 8. (5:12). Diag-flanked by Varkrissa & Celiss. Dropped rapier.

DYING
Deck Watch 2: 13. (-6:12). Rapier and buckler.
* Crossbow unloaded (9).

RETREATING
Deck Watch 1: 7. (2:12). Bolts (9). 15' from ship, stbd fwd.
Goon 5 (f): 6. (3:12). Rapier on deck. Stern in water.
Goon 6: 2. (12:12, 7 NL). Port aft quarter in water.

KO'd:
Ketrana: 3. (12:12, 13 NL).
Soller Vark: 4. (7:26, 14 NL).

OTHER
Light crossbow on deck. Rapier on deck.

lostsole31
2011-01-14, 05:35 AM
R5T12: Wanderfar bites back a scream, but instead lets out a strangled grunt. The spider creature is fast, but hopefully he can time things to lash out at it when it comes again. Stumbling backwards ten feet, Wanderfar prepares himself to strike at the creature if it emerges from the tunnel again.

R5T11.9/8: Meanwhile Rabbi Cohen instructs the first one to load her crossbow and put the case of bolts around his belt. The second takes that crossbow and puts it in his hands ... as per his instructions

R5T7: Rabbi Cohen then covers 50' down the starboard side, J-hooking around to stand on the port side of the hatch, across from Celiss. He moved 50' with agility, not a run. He moved 50 feet ... and he still gets to fire. :smallconfused: (With a natural '20' of all things ... sadly, it's not a crit.) The bolt hits the thing in the thorax for 4 damage.

"Vakrissa," he calls, "those tactics would be sound if all we had to do is fight it. But - druid - do you not wish to protect the creatures as well? If we trap it or cause it too much trouble, it will feed on simpler fare, no?"

Vakrissa hangs her head slightly and bites her lip, nodding her head.

End Round Five, Begin Round Six ...

R6T20.9: Celiss, the rabbi looks at you and says, "The best way to fight it is to simply give it nowhere to go. Your magic makes you the most protected. I'll follow behind with healing, though I only have one spell left."

What do you do?

I/S
Celiss Nightrom: 20.9. Shield til end R11T20.9.
Rhagodessa: 20.
Vakrissa Flint-eye: 16.
Darrius: 14.
Wanderfar: 12. READY to attack.
Goon 4 (f): 11.9. Dropped rapier.
Goon 3 (f): 8. (5:12). Dropped rapier.
Rabbi Cohen: 7. Crossbow unloaded. (9) bolts.

DYING
Deck Watch 2: 13. (-6:12). Rapier and buckler.
* Crossbow unloaded (9).

RETREATING
Deck Watch 1: 7. (2:12). Bolts (9). 15' from ship, stbd fwd.
Goon 5 (f): 6. (3:12). Rapier on deck. Stern in water.
Goon 6: 2. (12:12, 7 NL). Port aft quarter in water.

KO'd:
Ketrana: 3. (12:12, 13 NL).
Soller Vark: 4. (7:26, 14 NL).

OTHER
Light crossbow on deck. Rapier on deck.

lostsole31
2011-01-14, 07:23 AM
R6T20.9: Celiss considers casting her final spell, but knows that at this point there'd be no point to it-she needs to be difficult to hit, first and foremost. Besides, her improved reach would be nearly useless against this thing-she could only strike at it when it was running away or moving in, not both.

So, Cellis moves down the ladder, stopping above the floor to retain a height advantage, staying in a defensive stance. If the bug-thing is close enough, she lashes out at it.

R6T20: The rhagodessa lunges forward. Celiss tries to strike it, but she can't punch through the chitin. Instead of a bite, the thing lashes out with one of its pedipalps and sticks to her belly with those little suckers. They don't do any damage, but she is grappled by the inhuman strength and holding power of this monster. The thing gets a free bite, but it can't seem to get through her force armor.

R6T16: Vakrissa understands the rabbi, and feels shame for she did not think of protecting the creatures below. With her perfect maneuverability, she flies down the hatch until she is next to the grappled pair and cuts with her scythe, doing 8 damage.

R6T14: Darrius, with the mass of bodies down there, you can't get to the creature, any ranged attack would have an equal chance of hitting Celiss ... but it's too hard to target with Vakrissa in the way. Delay ... (though if you think of something to do in general to be helpful ... you could hustle forward and go down the forward ladder into the hold).

R6T12: Wanderfar, ditto ...

R6T7: Besides, Rabbi Cohen is at the ladder, loading the crossbow and readying for an opening ...

End Round Six, Begin Round Seven ...

R7T20.9: Celiss, you are grabbed by this thing's pedipalps, though they do no damage. What do you do?

P.S.: You never said anything about one of the important things you saw down there ... and Wanderfar never mentioned it, either. You see that rather thick humanoid limb withdraw. A second later, it comes to the cage and looks out. You realize then that this is probably no true humanoid, but possibly a small giant.

It is a gangly creature, which if it stood at its full height instead of being stooped here, would top out at about a full eight feet in height. However, it does possess a sort of stooped nature and probably weighs little more than about 400 pounds. Its skin is mainly white, though mottled with pebbly grayish-white warty bumps on its hide. It also has all manner of patchy fur about it, colored from white to gray to a dark brown. Its eyes are pure white ... and then they start to glow a deep blue as its face contorts in unmistakeable rage.

I/S
Celiss Nightrom: 20.9. Shield til end R11T20.9.
Rhagodessa: 20. (25:36)
Vakrissa Flint-eye: 16.
Darrius: 14.
Wanderfar: 12. READY to attack.
Goon 4 (f): 11.9. Dropped rapier.
Goon 3 (f): 8. (5:12). Dropped rapier.
Rabbi Cohen: 7. Crossbow unloaded. (9) bolts.

DYING
Deck Watch 2: 13. (-6:12). Rapier and buckler.
* Crossbow unloaded (9).

RETREATING
Deck Watch 1: 7. (2:12). Bolts (9). 15' from ship, stbd fwd.
Goon 5 (f): 6. (3:12). Rapier on deck. Stern in water.
Goon 6: 2. (12:12, 7 NL). Port aft quarter in water.

KO'd:
Ketrana: 3. (12:12, 13 NL).
Soller Vark: 4. (7:26, 14 NL).

OTHER
Light crossbow on deck. Rapier on deck.

lostsole31
2011-01-14, 08:53 AM
R7T20.9: Celiss will try and grapple this thing into submission, since it's...well, given her an opening, I guess. She'll also shout to the others, There's a giant in here...be careful, it looks angry!Vakrissa is 'behind' you, on the stairs, more forward of your position relative to the boat. This giant-thing is aft of the combat.Celissa does some outstanding martial arts twisting to lock, but this thing is too powerful, tough, and what's more, she's just not used to grappling something with this bizarred shape.

R7T20: This thing desperately scrapes off her armor, finally releasing her from its pedipalp. You are no longer grappled, but Vakrissa is behind you so can't get in an attack. (Too cramped too fly above you.)

R7T14/12: Darrius and Wanderfar yell, "Bricka-bracka-firecracker, siss-boom-bah! Celiss, Celiss, Rah-rah-rah!" .... or not.

R7T7: Rabbi Cohen has to aim very high to not hit friendlies and misses. He then reloads.

R7T5: The giant thing goes "rrrr-RRRR-RRAAAHHHH!!" and rips the iron gate out of the wooden holders. Instead of trying to rip the bars, it seems it was smart enough to just hold on and try to wrench it away from its weaker mounting. He steps out into the passageway, dropping the gate aft of him.

End Round Seven, Begin Round Eight ....

R7T20.9: Celiss?

I/S
Celiss Nightrom: 20.9. Shield til end R11T20.9.
Rhagodessa: 20. (25:36)
Vakrissa Flint-eye: 16.
Darrius: 14.
Wanderfar: 12. READY to attack.
Goon 4 (f): 11.9. Dropped rapier.
Goon 3 (f): 8. (5:12). Dropped rapier.
Rabbi Cohen: 7. Crossbow loaded. (8:9) bolts.
Nae'etholi: 5.

DYING
Deck Watch 2: 13. (-6:12). Rapier and buckler.
* Crossbow unloaded (9).

RETREATING
Deck Watch 1: 7. (2:12). Bolts (9). 15' from ship, stbd fwd.
Goon 5 (f): 6. (3:12). Rapier on deck. Stern in water.
Goon 6: 2. (12:12, 7 NL). Port aft quarter in water.

KO'd:
Ketrana: 3. (12:12, 13 NL).
Soller Vark: 4. (7:26, 14 NL).

OTHER
Light crossbow on deck. Rapier on deck.

lostsole31
2011-01-14, 02:33 PM
R7T20.9/20: Celiss, you're right next to it, so ... you try to tag it, and you and it are ducking and clacking and blocking each other.

R7T16: Vakrissa takes out a javelin and hurls it, but she misses badly. She carries them, but she doesn't seem very skilled with them.

R7T14/12/5: Rabbi Cohen, who has taken a prone position at the top of the stairs (sniper style), says, "Wanderfar/ Darrius, check on the fallen."

The passageway is too crowded and he misses his shot and reloads.

R7T5: The bipedal monster-giant thingie attacks with two claws, both of them slashing against the rhagodessa's abdomen for a total of 26 damage. Its claws sinking deep in, he pulls the thing to itself and rips it in half. The rhagodessa is dead, but now you have a new monster to deal with ...:smalleek:

End Round Seven, Begin Round Eight ...

R8T20.9: Celiss, what do you do? You are 10' from this bipedal, feral thing with claws. (The intervening 5' square is rhagodessa-ragout.)

I/S
Celiss Nightrom: 20.9. Shield til end R11T20.9.
Rhagodessa: 20. (-1:36)
Vakrissa Flint-eye: 16.
Darrius: 14.
Wanderfar: 12. READY to attack.
Goon 4 (f): 11.9. Dropped rapier.
Goon 3 (f): 8. (5:12). Dropped rapier.
Rabbi Cohen: 7. Crossbow loaded. (7:9) bolts.
Nae'etholi: 5.

DYING
Deck Watch 2: 13. (-6:12). Rapier and buckler.
* Crossbow unloaded (9).

RETREATING
Deck Watch 1: 7. (2:12). Bolts (9). 15' from ship, stbd fwd.
Goon 5 (f): 6. (3:12). Rapier on deck. Stern in water.
Goon 6: 2. (12:12, 7 NL). Port aft quarter in water.

KO'd:
Ketrana: 3. (12:12, 13 NL).
Soller Vark: 4. (7:26, 14 NL).

OTHER
Light crossbow on deck. Rapier on deck.

lostsole31
2011-01-30, 12:18 AM
R1T22: Vakrissa, with the most obscene reflexes in the group, naturally goes first. She looks over at Wanderfar's direction - squinting her eyes to understand what she sees - and then rushes over next to him with her scythe. She brings it down to attack, but the thing is too small and quick for her.

R1T20: The rabbi, not much for physical strength, makes up for it in agility (which is surprising for dwarves, who are not known for their agility ... or in the rabbi's case, phenomenal sprinting ability). He steps up behind Wanderfar, and prays, "Moradin, you saw fit to bless me with powers of peace in battle against lowly criminals, but I beg of you some further blessing against this iron cobra!"

His prayer is answered, and he casts cure light wounds (CLW) on Wanderfar. This time, Rabbi Cohen's verve and confidence in his ability has increased from last night. He fully heals Wanderfar's wound, and even the burning sensation is gone.

"Friends, it is an iron cobra - a guardian construct. Darrius, it has no weak spots. You have to have very powerful impact to get through its armor, and it is well-protected against spells, Celiss."

R1T19: The iron cobra strikes at Wanderfar again but misses as the warrior jumps in shock (and possible panic, depending on his view of snakes). Description:The snake is three feet long and weighs about 100 pounds, looking like a cobra made of dozens of circular iron bands fitted together to form a snakelike body.
R1T17: Darrius, the only way you could get to this thing - since Vakrissa and Wanderfar block off the area between column and wall - would be to go around the column on the north side and around to flank it with Wanderfar. (You can't flank with Vakrissa because the column will be in the way.) Flanking would help Wanderfar wail on this thing, but won't do much for you as you only wield a dagger. It might be better to let Celiss or someone else go around the side.

Alternatively, you can do something else at range. If you do your spittle, there is a good miss chance because you would be doing so into melee - something you are not good at doing.

What do you do?

I/S
Vakrissa Flint-eye: 22.
Rabbi Cohen: 20.
Iron Cobra #1: 19.
Darrius: 17.
Korian: 16.
Iron Cobra #2: 9.
Celiss Nightrom: 8.99.
Iron Cobra #3: 8.
Wanderfar: 3.
Lady Lavinia: 0.

lostsole31
2011-02-02, 02:15 AM
R1T17: Darrius, realizing this is not a battle he should up-close and personal with only a knife against steel, fluidly focuses all of his soul power to his dissolving spittle, and spits, but misses because of the difficulty of spitting past allies.

R1T16: Korian scurries around the northern end of the column to face the iron cobra. He snarls and whips his claws around, but doesn't really attack. In fact, it is more of the 'boxing defense' of an animalTotal Defense action, but provides a +2 flanking bonus to Wanderfar (but not Vakrissa).
R1T9: Despite being made of metal, it seems these things are incredibly stealthy. From the other column, a second iron cobra comes up behind Celiss (who is more at the back of the party). It bites her in the back of the right thigh for 4 damage. Though she can feel the poison trying to work on her muscles, the muscular woman proves the better of the toxin.

R1T8.9: Celiss, you just got jumped by another one of these things while you were standing in the backfield. What do you do?

I/S
Vakrissa Flint-eye: 22. Vs #1.
Rabbi Cohen: 20. Behind Wanderfar.
Iron Cobra #1: 19. Main combat.
Darrius: 17.
Korian: 16. Vs. #1. Total Defense (+4 AC).
Iron Cobra #2: 9. Vs. Celiss.
Celiss Nightrom: 8.9. Vs. #2.
Iron Cobra #3: 8.
Wanderfar: 3. Vs. #1.
Lady Lavinia: 0.

lostsole31
2011-02-02, 11:48 AM
R1T8.9: Celiss turns towards it, hopping backwards and keeping a threatening knee pointed at it to keep it from getting another opening.

Careful, they're sneaky. Celiss says, before switching to a mishmash of sounds that let the arcane energy within her flow free, surrounding her with a momentarily shimmering field of energy.

Care to try that again now? Celiss asks the snake, shifting into a combat stance.

R1T8: Another one of these things from the western side comes out from behind a column, sneaking up on Darrius unawares, getting into a high position and biting him deep in the back (crit) for 8 damage. Barely, but he, too, fights off the poison.

R1T3: "Fires of Nessus but that hurts," Wanderfar curses. Annoyed that because of its nature that he couldn't smell the metal snake. And that he'd look bad in front of his new student.

He brings his staff to bare, hoping to crack the snake around and throw it off balance, but finds that the sinuous creatures of alloyed steel are not sluggish for their weight and he misses.

"Master, wood vs. steel? Would not your sword be preferable?" asks Korian to Wanderfar.

R1T0: One of the snakes had passed Lavinia to get to Celiss. The frightened noblewoman backs away from Celiss, afraid to get to any snakes ... let alone creepy metal snakes.

End Round One, Begin Round Two ...

R2T22: Vakrissa takes wing to be 5' in the air, doing so aerobatically enough so as not to provoke an AOO from IC1 (Iron Cobra #1). She brings down the scythe on the thing in a perfect stroke ... but this is no living creature, and this excellent cut does nothing more than 4 mod damage.

R2T20: Rabbi Cohen actually has a good position as the healer .... Vakrissa and Wanderfar hold off the one snake, and the other two are held on the other side by Darrius and Celiss. He steps up behind Darrius and casts CLW to totally heal him.

R2T19: IC1 responds to the scythe cutting into it by biting upwards at the flying Vakrissa, but cannot bite past her sharkskin armor.

R2T17: Darrius, you have an iron cobra on you. What do you do?

I/S
Vakrissa Flint-eye: 22. Vs #1.
Rabbi Cohen: 20. Behind Wanderfar.
Iron Cobra #1: 19. (36:40). Main combat.
Darrius: 17. Vs #3.
Korian: 16. Vs. #1. Total Defense (+4 AC).
Iron Cobra #2: 9. Vs. Celiss.
Celiss Nightrom: 8.9. Vs. #2.
Iron Cobra #3: 8. Vs. Darrius.
Wanderfar: 3. Vs. #1.
Lady Lavinia: 0.

lostsole31
2011-02-03, 02:53 AM
R2T17: Pain roars through his back as a cobra rips into him from behind, but it is quickly assuaged by the Rabbi's efforts. He tries his best to continue continue to interpose his shield in the construct's way as he calls out, "Iron snakes hidden in a room with carved marble depictions of snakes? These may be defending the vault."My apologies, but last round I readied his shield without stating as such. And you don't "draw" a shield. You simply ready it. Also, seeing as your E-setup makes no sense, please see OOC post .... 2E in dissolving spittle, cause anything in indigo strike - useless against these things - are stuck there for the remainder of the day. Also, don't worry, I have it on my battle tracker that you are using total defense.
R2T16: When Korian spoke last round, Lady Lavinia gave a slight gasp. She had thought the creature to be just that ... a creature that Wanderfar earned as 'spoils of victory' in liberating her boat. Korian speaks again, further distressing the confused noblewoman. "Wavebreaker, that may be well and good, but does that knowledge improve our situation?"

Considering how very erudite he seems to be, that further dithers Lavinia's mind and prejudices. Meanwhile, he continues to use total defense and provide flanking for Wanderfar.

R2T9: Celiss didn't cast her spell a moment to soon, as her opponent bites swiftly and capably enough to only be repelled by the magic armor.

R2T8.9: To which Celiss responds by .... ???

I/S
Vakrissa Flint-eye: 22. Vs #1.
Rabbi Cohen: 20. Behind Wanderfar.
Iron Cobra #1: 19. (36:40). Main combat.
Darrius: 17. Vs #3. Total Defense (+4 dodge AC).
Korian: 16. Vs. #1. Total Defense (+4 dodge AC).
Iron Cobra #2: 9. Vs. Celiss.
Celiss Nightrom: 8.9. Vs. #2.
Iron Cobra #3: 8. Vs. Darrius.
Wanderfar: 3. Vs. #1.
Lady Lavinia: 0.

lostsole31
2011-02-03, 12:10 PM
R2T8.9: To which responds by punching it in the face .... well, at least trying to. It's speed - for being made of metal - is deceptive and it darts away from the monk's fist.

R2T8: IC3 darts at Darrius, but misses the agile man's dodges.

R2T3: Wanderfar? You have flanking with your target. Also, your student recommended using your metal sword - vice a metal stick - against these things. What do you do?

I/S
Vakrissa Flint-eye: 22. Vs #1.
Rabbi Cohen: 20. Behind Wanderfar.
Iron Cobra #1: 19. (36:40). Main combat.
Darrius: 17. Vs #3. Total Defense (+4 dodge AC).
Korian: 16. Vs. #1. Total Defense (+4 dodge AC).
Iron Cobra #2: 9. Vs. Celiss.
Celiss Nightrom: 8.9. Vs. #2.
Iron Cobra #3: 8. Vs. Darrius.
Wanderfar: 3. Vs. #1.
Lady Lavinia: 0.

lostsole31
2011-02-05, 02:14 AM
R2T3: Stifling a wince at Korian's words Wanderfar presses the attack, bringing his staff downwards in a clean arc to strike the construct in the head, just enough to get through its outer steel shell and do 6 mod damage (thanks to Korian's flanking). Wanderfar then feels the power of the stone floor flow into his body.

End Round Three, Begin Round Four ...

R3T22: Not knowing how to take advantage of Darrius' observation, Vakrisssa also presses her attack, but misses.

R3T20: Rabbi Cohen delays ... in case anyone else is wounded, but not yet healing Celiss.

R3T19: The iron cobra darts upwards at Vakrissa, but misses wildly.

R3T17: Darrius?

I/S
Vakrissa Flint-eye: 22. Vs #1.
Rabbi Cohen: 20. Behind Wanderfar.
Iron Cobra #1: 19. (30:40). Main combat.
Darrius: 17. Vs #3. Total Defense (+4 dodge AC).
Korian: 16. Vs. #1. Total Defense (+4 dodge AC). Flanking w/ Wanderfar.
Iron Cobra #2: 9. Vs. Celiss.
Celiss Nightrom: 8.9. Vs. #2.
Iron Cobra #3: 8. Vs. Darrius.
Wanderfar: 3. Vs. #1. Flanking with Korian.
** DR 5/adamantine til end R3T3.
Lady Lavinia: 0.

lostsole31
2011-02-05, 08:06 PM
R3T17: Darrius shifts back and forth, mimicking the sway of a natural serpent as he tries to stay one step ahead of the cobra attacking him. He tries his best to keep his shield between the iron cobra and his soft bits as he lets out a grunt of frustration, "If they're guarding the vault and look like they should be here, then we might be destroying Vanderboren property. Or trying to, at the very least."

R3T16: Korian continues his total defense and flanking w/ Wanderfar.

R3T9: IC2 bites at Celiss, but her defensive kata keeps her safe.

R3T8.9: Celiss?

I/S
Vakrissa Flint-eye: 22. Vs #1.
Rabbi Cohen: 20. Behind Wanderfar.
Iron Cobra #1: 19. (30:40). Main combat.
Darrius: 17. Vs #3. Total Defense (+4 dodge AC).
Korian: 16. Vs. #1. Total Defense (+4 dodge AC). Flanking w/ Wanderfar.
Iron Cobra #2: 9. Vs. Celiss.
Celiss Nightrom: 8.9. Vs. #2.
Iron Cobra #3: 8. Vs. Darrius.
Wanderfar: 3. Vs. #1. Flanking with Korian.
** DR 5/adamantine til end R3T3.
Lady Lavinia: 0.

lostsole31
2011-02-06, 04:03 PM
R3T8.9: Celiss punches her target in the face, squarely. She doesn't try to punch 'through' the steel so much as let the shock hurt the thing (whiplash or binding or something) ... but she gave a solid punch and the thing is unharmed! :smallfrown:

Wanderfar responds to Darrius' observation: "Seeing as its trying to kill us I assume that the price of the construct may be covered by our hazard pay."

R3T8: Darrius' foe (IC3) misses him.

R3T3: Wanderfar, you have the power of the earth in you, hardening your skin. You remain flanking with Korian. What do you do?

I/S
Vakrissa Flint-eye: 22. Vs #1.
Rabbi Cohen: 20. Behind Wanderfar.
Iron Cobra #1: 19. (30:40). Main combat.
Darrius: 17. Vs #3. Total Defense (+4 dodge AC).
Korian: 16. Vs. #1. Total Defense (+4 dodge AC). Flanking w/ Wanderfar.
Iron Cobra #2: 9. Vs. Celiss.
Celiss Nightrom: 8.9. Vs. #2.
Iron Cobra #3: 8. Vs. Darrius.
Wanderfar: 3. Vs. #1. Flanking with Korian.
** DR 5/adamantine til end R3T3.
Lady Lavinia: 0.

lostsole31
2011-02-09, 03:46 PM
R3T3: Wanderfar yet again tries to crack the snake across the face, but cracking stone instead. There is little artistry in the attack, as Wanderfar attempts to bring his mind back into focus. It has been awhile since he has been in pitched battle, however, and his desperation to refresh his mind generally fails to help him specifically.ToB, p 40, concerning "Recovering Expended Maneuvers":
Swordsage: A swordsage can recover one expended maneuver of his choice as a full-round action.
R3T0: Darrius peeks over his shield at the cobra and has the urge to stick his tongue out at it as it has yet to connect now that he's got his attention on it. He doesn't take his eyes off of the cobra, but continues on with his train of thought, "Lady Lavinia, have you anything to add? I'd really rather not break something of yours. I'm assuming you've no idea how to call them off, if they are indeed guardians of your family fortune, else I'd hope you'd have done it already. However, ideas are welcome."

Lady Lavinia says, in fear of getting any closer to the snakes for any reason - even having backed away slowly so as not to provoke them, "I don't know what to do!"

She continues to delay ...

End Round Three, Begin Round Four ...

R4T22: Vakrissa calls out, "Good call, Wavebreaker! Lavinia, present your signet ring to them and command them to break off the attack!"

Vakrissa delays ...

R4T21: Lady Lavinia dares to step forth, presenting her signet ring, and shouts, "Guardians, stop attack and molest no one who stands here!"

The battle is over ..... *whew*.


I/S
Vakrissa Flint-eye: 22. Vs #1.
Rabbi Cohen: 20. Behind Wanderfar.
Iron Cobra #1: 19. (30:40). Main combat.
Darrius: 17. Vs #3. Total Defense (+4 dodge AC).
Korian: 16. Vs. #1. Total Defense (+4 dodge AC). Flanking w/ Wanderfar.
Iron Cobra #2: 9. Vs. Celiss.
Celiss Nightrom: 8.9. Vs. #2.
Iron Cobra #3: 8. Vs. Darrius.
Wanderfar: 3. Vs. #1. Flanking with Korian.
** DR 5/adamantine til end R3T3.
Lady Lavinia: 0.

lostsole31
2011-03-19, 04:58 PM
R1T20: A silhouetted figure from above reaches in and cuts the rope. It comes slithering down the shaft.

"Say hi to Penkus' ghost for me while you're down there!" calls a man's voice, followed by his mocking laughter.

R1T19: Darrius, you see enough of the young man to recognize him as the man portrayed in Lavinia's Manor as her brother, Vanthus. What do you do?

I/SVanthus: 20.
Darrius: 19.
Celiss: 15.
Rabbi Eliezer: 14.
Korian: 6.

lostsole31
2011-03-21, 02:18 AM
R1T20: Darrius, unsure of the threat but not wanting to get in front of the more combat-savvy Korian, readies to spit acid at the next creature he might identify immediately as hostile that comes into view behind the party from the room they were last in.

R1T19: Coming into view is what seems like a man at first. His garb is reminiscent of what Darrius might imagine a pirate's clothing to be like, but the clothing is all in tatters. Something isn't right about the man. He carries no apparent equipment other than rotten studded leather armor that likely protects as much lesser wear. Then, he opens his mouth wider than he should be able, revealing row upon row of jagged teeth as it gets next to Korian

R1T18: Having what he needs to identify this thing as a foe, Darrius lets loose with his spittle. The gob of acid hits the thing in the belly for 10 acid damage, doing significant damage.

R1T17: Korian is taken aback by so strange and fearsome and a man, and he fights with some tactical defense focused on the man-thing. He grazes the thing's head for 3 damage (min), but scores max damage with his right claw on the thing's lower forearm for 5 damage. The thing barely stands.

R1T13/8: Another one of these things appears behind the first. As this is a 5WP, however, it can do nothing else. Another one, in the chamber beyond, is behind that one. That makes three total. All of these discolored and terrifying men howl and wail horribly.

R1T6: "Zombies!" calls the Eliezer. "And of the ravenous variety, no doubt. Celiss, I recommend you hold off several seconds for Korian. Korian, Celiss is better defended and has better offense than yourself. As soon as you can, back out for Celiss. I'll tell you when to platoon out."

He delays ...

R1T3: (Since she really can't do anything useful right now, anyway...) Celiss understands Eliezer's reasoning to be sound and delays ...

End Round One, Begin Round Two ...

R2T19: Despite the gaping acid wound in its gut and its right arm being shredded, this thing seems to feel no pain. Its oversized mouth bite low and to the side, biting Korian deep in his hip. The bite is so prodigious that it pierces the man-verine's iliac artery (crit) for 13 damage. Korian looks like the wound is so bad, that he's about to fall ...

... but Korian yowls ferociously, his musculature seeming to bulge and contort as he shakes with bestial rage, even though in this he is barely standing.

R2T18: Darrius?

I/S
RVP2: 19. (2:20).
Darrius: 18.
Korian: 17. CE2, Dodge-vs-RVP2.
RVP1: 13.
RVP3: 8.
Rabbi Eliezer: 6. Delays ...
Celiss: 3.

lostsole31
2011-03-24, 05:21 AM
R2T18: Though he may not have the highly sensitive nose of a hound, the scent of blood in the air as it flows forth from Korian is strong indeed. The dark skinned man seems to salivate at the slightest hint of blood. More and more bitter fluids pool into his mouth as he craves after a chunk of meat; the undercooked chunks from the vendor down near Shadowshore always seemed to taste the sweetest. With an almost visible effort of will, Darrius forces away such superfluous thoughts and hurls some of the caustic slime from his mouth. He hits the second-rank one in the belly as well for 9 acid damage.

R2T17.5: Rabbi Eliezer, who was delaying calls out, "Celiss, never mind, I think we lost Korian ... I mean rationally lost him, that is."

He casts a spell and touches Korian to fully heal him. "Scratch that, Celiss. Korian is fine. I healed him."

R2T17: Korian is no longer defensive. His first attack scratches on the rotted armor, but his second attack opens its chest up and the zombie falls. Having killed the thing that nearly took his life, Korian's defensive awareness returns, and it seems his rage is abated. He then focuses some of his defensive awareness on the next one in line.

R2T13: The next zombie steps up and tries to bite Korian but misses.

R2T8: The last zombie moves up behind its fellow.

R2T3: Sadly, Celiss really can't do anything around the corner if Korian won't relent position.

End Round Two, Begin Round Three ...

R3T18: Darrius?

I/S
Darrius: 18.
Rabbi Eliezer: 17.5.
Korian: 17.
RVP1: 13. (11:20). First (vs Korian).
RVP3: 8.
Celiss: 3.

DESTROYED
RZ.

lostsole31
2011-03-24, 06:08 AM
R3T18: Seeing as the strategy seemed to work just fine before, Darrius repeats, aiming at the far zombie and hoping it is the last. He nails it in the left knee for a good 13 acid damage.

R3T17.5: Though Korian is fast on his feet and trained at focused defense, still Rabbi Eliezer recognizes that his fur offers no protection and that Korian's movements actually detract slightly from his own defense. Eliezer casts a spell on Korian.Celiss actually hears it from around the corner. Just hearing it she recognizes the spell as protection from evil.
R3T17: Korian maintains his tactical combat, but both claws miss.

R3T13: So, too, does the zombie.

(Celiss if you can think of anything to do ...)

End Round Three, Begin Round Four ...

I/S
Darrius: 18.
Rabbi Eliezer: 17.5.
Korian: 17.
RVP1: 13. (11:20). First (vs Korian).
RVP3: 8. (7:20).
Celiss: 3.

DESTROYED
RZ.

lostsole31
2011-03-25, 12:05 AM
R4T18: Seeing Korian not make any progress, he tries his luck slipping a gout of acid into the thick of things, hoping to not injure his allies in the process. The acid boils away the zombie's head, and now only one remains.

R4T17.5: Eliezer delays...

R4T17: Korian springs forward five feet, keeping an eye on defense again (CE1 & Dodge), but both claws miss again.

R4T8: [Another natural 20? With a confirmed crit, again? Really?] The last zombie bites deep into Korian's left shoulder and chest, getting the soft part of the shoulder leading to the lung and the upper brachial artery for 12 damage. A mere 15 or so seconds after his last micro-rage, Korian again goes into a blood fury that barely keeps him alive and standing.

R4T7: Eliezer steps up and casts another spell that gives 8 healing to Korian.

Eliezer calls out, "Celiss, there's a gap between me and Darius. Move up. Korian and the last zombie are in the chamber now, and he keeps riding the ropes to keep from falling."

R4T3: Celiss ... finally! Assuming you move in to help. You could move 10' and be between Eliezer and Darrius. If you wanted to continue to a total of 25', you could move through Korian's square and move left or right (provoking an AOO). Of course, you could go the full 30' at that point and attack from the side. I'm just telling you now so we don't waste time with setup. What do you do?

I/S
Darrius: 18.
Korian: 17. Protection from evil til end R13T17.5. CE1/ Dodge.
RVP3: 8. (7:20).
Rabbi Eliezer: 7.
Celiss: 3.

DESTROYED
RZ (x2).

lostsole31
2011-03-26, 03:11 AM
R4T3: Celiss moves 30' to Korian's left as the zombie bites at her. "I know this might seem a bit hypocritical at the moment, but you should be more careful." Celiss says as she passes Korian.

She lashes with a toe-spear, sticking her toe deep inside the zombie's rotting intestines and gut for 2 mod damage. Though penetrating, its dead flesh doesn't seem to have actually been too badly damaged - at least not nearly as horrified as Celiss might be to have zombie guts on her sandals.

After the strike, she has a chance to assess, and sees that this zombie might take a few more blows, unless it could only be hacked apart for maybe a single good shot. You also notice what you didn't before (you were around the corner and haven't seen the fight until now ... including not seeing more than 1/3 damage on Korian) .... namely, that Korian's physique seems to be far more powerful than normal. Also, even with his being other than a humanoid, you can also tell that Korian seems to have 'checked out' and a raging bipedal beast stands cat-a-corner to you now.

End Round Four, Begin Found Five ...

R5T18: Darrius? Finish it off with a shot into combat?

I/S
Darrius: 18.
Korian: 17. Protection from evil til end R13T17.5. CE1/ Dodge.
RVP3: 8. (5:20).
Rabbi Eliezer: 7.
Celiss: 3.

DESTROYED
RZ (x2).

lostsole31
2011-03-27, 01:52 PM
R5T18: Hoping to finish it off, he launches off yet another gob of caustic spit that goes high overhead - Darrius being too cautious with his friends nearby.

R5T17: Korian takes a 5' step to the right (opposite of Celiss), but not exactly across from her. His first claw rips open its chest for 4 damage. His second claw comes downward through its left shoulder and into its left upper chest for 6 damage, and the thing falls.

The zombies are destroyed! Korian's adrenaline subsides. Rabbi Eliezer checks his wounds and sees that he's at roughly 50%. Eliezer says, "I think I only have enough in me for one more healing spell, and we have more dangers yet to face. Korian, you're inside rank with me. Darrius, we need you to take the front, and Celiss the rear. I don't want to lose our last chance to heal anyone just yet. If there are more undead down here, they can't be bargained with ..."



I/S
Darrius: 18.
Korian: 17. [I]Protection from evil til end R13T17.5. CE1/ Dodge.
RVP3: 8. (1:20).
Rabbi Eliezer: 7.
Celiss: 3.

DESTROYED
RZ (x2).

lostsole31
2011-03-28, 02:03 AM
Surprise round ....

The party hears the telltale sound of hissing and a splash of liquid on liquid (where he missed his zombie target and the stream of acid went into the water).

R1T18: Korian moves up to one of the zombies and swipes at it defensively (and with Dodge), hitting it in the head for 3 damage.

R1T16: Celiss, you have a clear line to two zombies (LOS to the third one behind pillar). Korian attacked one of the two. What do you do?

I/S
Korian: 18. FD, Dodge vs RZP3.
Celiss: 16.
Rabbi Eliezer: 6.
Darrius: 7.
RZP3: 4. (17:20). Korian.
RZP2: 3.
RZP1: 2.

DESTROYED
...

lostsole31
2011-04-01, 05:56 PM
R1T16: Celiss will charge the injured zombie, hoping to take it out before it can eat Korian back into a blood-rage. She gives a solid palm strike to its abdomen, but it seems to do absolutely no damage even though she's sure she 'hit' it.

R1T6: Rabbi Eliezer also engages (not charges) a zombie, but with a dagger and not his warhammer. He cuts across its shoulder for 1 damage.

R1T7: Darrius, do you target one of the two engaged zombies (one with Korian and Celiss, the other with Eliezer)? or, do you move out some and target the third?

I/S
Korian: 18. FD, Dodge vs RZP3.
Celiss: 16.
Rabbi Eliezer: 6.
Darrius: 7.
RZP3: 4. (17:20). Korian.
RZP2: 3. (19:20). Lazer.
RZP1: 2.

DESTROYED
...

lostsole31
2011-04-02, 09:24 AM
R1T7: With a grunt of frustration, the dark-skinned man slips out from behind a pillar and casts his gaze towards the unoccupied zombie. Once he has a clear shot he unleashes his acid to hopefully draw it away from his comrades. His spittle only partially hits the right upper arm, however, doing a weak 5 acid damage. It's still the best attack against the zombies, however.

R1T4: Not tactically minded, the zombie (RZP3) slashed by Korian attacks Celiss since she seemed to have last got its attention. It bites at her but misses.

R1T3: RZP2 flails so badly in its attack on Lazer that it actually bites its own right upper arm for max damage (9). Correction to above, this was the most effective attack against the zombies thus far. :smallwink:

R1T2: RZP1 opens its mouth extra wide in a super shriek and charges Darrius, but clamps its mouth down way too early, missing Darrius.

End Round One, Begin Round Two ...

R2T18: Korian continues to fight defensively, but moves over 5' to be at a diagonal with the creature. Korian slashes at the zombie's uppper right arm for max (5) damage, and the other claw at the same time on the same elbow for 3 damage.


R2T16: Celiss notes that she can move nearer to the water to flank on her turn (and would have to Tumble, since she can't move diagonally across it's square); having only one attack anyway, this might be preferable. Or, if she reads Korian's battle step correctly, can wait another round for Korian to finish coming to the zombie's side ... allowing Celiss to note stand at the water's edge. What do you do?

I/S
Korian: 18. FD, Dodge vs RZP3.
Celiss: 16.
Rabbi Eliezer: 6.
Darrius: 7.
RZP3: 4. (9:20). Korian & Celiss.
RZP2: 3. (10:20). Lazer.
RZP1: 2. (15:20). Darrius.

DESTROYED
...

lostsole31
2011-04-02, 12:10 PM
R2T16: Celiss will tumble to get into a better position, makes a mental note to buy something to stab things with, then attacks with a vicious elbow-to-face maneuver! It is a perfect strike, and easily would've made a man blinded and choking on his own blood. However, being a zombie, such issues do not bother it, though it still takes 1 mod damage.

R2T6: Rabbi Eliezer cuts his opponent across the belly for 3 damage.

R2T5: Darrius, you now are face-to-face with one of these horrifically looking (and smelling) creatures. What do you do?

I/S
Korian: 18. FD, Dodge vs RZP3.
Celiss: 16.
Darrius: 7.
Rabbi Eliezer: 6.
RZP3: 4. (8:20). Korian & Celiss.
RZP2: 3. (7:20). Lazer.
RZP1: 2. (15:20). Darrius.

DESTROYED
...

lostsole31
2011-04-02, 08:11 PM
R2T5: Relatively light on his feet, Darrius shuffles back out of reach (10' to his right) and spits again. Just as the creature opens its mouth wide to get ready to run and chomp on Darrius, the latter's gob of acid-like soul-spit lands right in its mouth and practically melts its head away. And yet, by the barest shred, the thing manages to have its eyes (on the part of the head hanging at the chest by a tendril of the neck) still lolling around and its arms flailing. It's not quite done yet.

R2T4: Despite being carved by Korian, RZP3 is distracted by Celiss' strike. Its bite is very good, getting past her flurries and even her shield spell, but blocked by her mage armor.

R2T3: RZP2 bites Eliezer in the upper right arm for 6 damage. It is a nasty, nasty bite that goes right down to the bone.

R2T2: RZP1 charges Darrius and nearly breaks the man's right wrist with 8 damage! (It may actually be fractured...)

End Round Two, Begin Round Three ...

R3T18: Korian does a double swipe. The first barely strikes (5 damage), thanks to Celiss's distraction, though the second set of claws only shreds thick hide.

The wounded rabbi says, "We are all wounded, save Celiss. I say we make a fighting withdrawal to the room we came from. Each of us in turn try to hold the door and once in, then slam the door shut."

R3T16: Celiss?

I/S
Korian: 18. FD, Dodge vs RZP3.
Celiss: 16.
Rabbi Eliezer: 6.
Darrius: 5.
RZP3: 4. (3:20). Korian & Celiss.
RZP2: 3. (7:20). Lazer.
RZP1: 2. (1:20). Darrius.

DESTROYED
...

lostsole31
2011-04-03, 03:58 AM
R3T16: Celiss nods. "You can all start moving back, I'll try to cover you."

Since she's both uninjured and is probably fairly hard to hit for these things, she'll stay another round. As these things aren't being floored by Celiss' awesomely accurate strikes, she simply starts spamming palms. The first one cracks across the thing's right ear and shatters that side of its skull and jaw and cheek for 4 mod damage. For good measure, once it falls, she does an axe kick down to its spine for 2 mod damage, but the abomination is already destroyed.

R3T6: Knowing that if he goes down, than no one is left for healing quickly later. Rabbi Eliezer steps back 5' and casts his last healing spell available for the day, fully healing his wounds.

R3T5: Darrius, the call to retreat was given, but one zombie pirate has been dropped and it doesn't look like yours is barely moving. What do you do?

I/S
Korian: 18.
Celiss: 16.
Rabbi Eliezer: 6.
Darrius: 5.
RZP2: 3. (7:20). Lazer.
RZP1: 2. (1:20). Darrius.

DESTROYED
RPZ.

lostsole31
2011-04-03, 10:21 AM
R3T5: Darrius tries to slip away from the zombie thats after him, pain radiating up through his arm in subtle waves. The zombie flails at him as he tries to go, for Darrius' body doesn't respond to his command nearly as he had hoped. He doesn't feel it, not yet, but if he stops for a moment to consider it he'll surely double over from the agony it will bring. Though he does not run from the room (he is now just at the doorway, he does his best to put others between himself and the zombies before casting another glob of spit in hopes of thinning the herd further, but again - even not fully registering the pain, his aim is off and he misses his target.

R3T3: The doctor's opponent snaps its big mouth on the left side of his hip and rump for minimum (4) damage.

R3T2: Because the battle brought Darrius' zombie up towards the northern wall, the gilled man was able to target his foe. The problem is that foe now has a clear line to charge him as well. Once again, though, the weird position of its lolling head at its chest means it targets poorly and misses.

End Round Three, Begin Round Four ...

R4T18: Korian charges Darrius' foe, moving due north but ending his movement behind the near-defunct zombie. He only does 3 damage to its lower back and spine, but that is enough to finally drop the deformed zombie.

R4T16: Celiss, you would have to go just inside the room (and away from an opponet) because of Darrius' forward position. "Celiss," says the rabbi, "I'll withdraw when I can, if you can just get its attention." Eliezer's opponent is 20' from you, if you charge to a flanking position. What do you do?

I/S
Korian: 18. Charging.
Celiss: 16.
Rabbi Eliezer: 6.
Darrius: 5.
RZP2: 3. (7:20). Lazer.

DESTROYED
RPZ (x2).

lostsole31
2011-04-03, 12:32 PM
R4T16: Celiss charges the zombie, jumping up and bringing a hammer fist down to gorilla thump it on the head. She loses too much power in the jump and her body is disconnected, so while it would've been a nice crunchy move to a normal human head, it has no effect on the zombie.

R4T6: Rabbi Eliezer withdraws into the chamber from which you entered.

R4T5: Darrius, what do you do? The final zombie is in melee with Celiss, and you are in the square in front of the door just outside the smaller adjacent room. (Eliezer just whisked by you.)

I/S
Korian: 18.
Celiss: 16. Charging.
Rabbi Eliezer: 6.
Darrius: 5.
RZP2: 3. (7:20). Lazer.

DESTROYED
RPZ (x2).

lostsole31
2011-04-03, 08:01 PM
R4T5: Darrius glances back to the zombies and, for a moment, considers simply getting as far from them as he can. His weight shifts as he begins to move again, but a look of frustrated effort washes across his face before he turns back to spit again, as cautiously as he can given the circumstances. His pain now felt fully, and the fear of bathing Celiss in acid, causes his hissy-hocker to go very, very wide. He then clears the door and moves into the smaller chamber, just out of sight.

R2T3: So sloppy and mindless is the zombie when it tries to bite Celiss that it stumbles onto the ground.

End Round Two, Begin Round Three...

R3T18: Korian, seeing the opportunity, charges the prone zombie (which happens to give him flanking with Celiss as well). His claw does 4 damage to its left upper arm. It really doesn't look like it can take much more damage.

R3T16: Celiss, you recover your balance from charging. You are flanking the last (prone) zombie with Korian. It looks like its about to give up the ghost. (Get it? Get it? I made an undead-themed pun right there. :smalltongue: ) What do you do?

I/S
Korian: 18. Charging.
Celiss: 16. Charging.
Rabbi Eliezer: 6.
Darrius: 5.
RZP2: 3. (37:20). Celiss.

DESTROYED
RPZ (x2).

lostsole31
2011-04-08, 02:16 AM
Celiss casts both spells, as above. Then, when the signal is given, Korian opens the door.

R1T23: Korian readies to step in if Celiss falls.

R1T19: Celiss, you are face-to-face with an icky-zombie. What do you do?

I/S
Korian: 23.
Celiss: 19.
Darrius: 17.
Rabbi Eliezer: 12.
RZP2: 11.
RZP3: 6.
RZP2: 3.

DESTROYED
...

lostsole31
2011-04-08, 04:53 PM
R1T19: Celiss smashes the first in the chest for 2 mod damage, but her second fist bouncing off of the tough hide.

R1T17: Darrius? You're actually the heavy-hitter in this fight. "Target the back line!" recommends Lazer.

I/S
Korian: 23.
Celiss: 19.
Darrius: 17.
Rabbi Eliezer: 12.
RZP1: 11. (18:20).
RZP3: 6.
RZP2: 3.

DESTROYED
...

lostsole31
2011-04-08, 09:56 PM
R1T17: Fairly confident in the setup they've put together for dealing with the zombies, Darrius does his best to whittle away at those that are not an immediate threat, and who are easier to hit without care of injuring an ally in the process, to thin out the numbers. He spits and hits the third in the chest for 14 acid damage.

R1T12: Lazer takes out his dagger and hands it forward, "Here, Celiss, take this. Use it to cut, not thrust."

R1T11: The lead zombie bites and misses Celiss.

End Round One, Begin Round Two ...

R1T23/19: Korian delays. Celiss, it would take a move action to grab Lazer's dagger, but will not provoke an AOO. Then, you can take a standard action for a single attack. What do you do?

I/S
Korian: 23. Delaying ...
Celiss: 19.
Darrius: 17.
Rabbi Eliezer: 12.
RZP1: 11. (18:20).
RZP3: 6. (6:20).
RZP2: 3.

DESTROYED
...

lostsole31
2011-04-09, 06:54 PM
R2T19: Celiss' dagger bounces.

R2T17: With no immediate threat from the far zombie, he instead goes to the one in the center, sending his own bit of caustic air mail, hitting it in the lower abdomen and groin for 14 acid damage.

R2T12: Lazer delays until needed ...

R2T11: The zombie almost bites Celiss, but she manages to block it with her forearm.

End Round Two, Begin Round Three ...

R3T19: Celiss?

I/S
Korian: 23. Delaying ...
Celiss: 19.
Darrius: 17.
Rabbi Eliezer: 12. Delaying ...
RZP1: 11. (18:20).
RZP3: 6. (6:20).
RZP2: 3. (6:20).

DESTROYED
...

lostsole31
2011-04-10, 12:15 PM
R3T19: Celiss steadies herself, breathing deeply for a moment before slicing at the zombie's throat. It may not need to breathe, or have blood, but Celiss is fairly certain that if she cuts its head off it'll go down. She slashes ast the same time its arm, in trying to flail at her, knocks the dagger to the side.

R3T17: With victory hopefully close at hand, Darrius aims at the furthest of the zombies and lets fly once again. The third zombie's face and torso sport terrible caustic holes, smelling thrice worse than it already does, and it goes down.

R3T11: The lead zombie, its arm having missed (fluff, not real action) and knocked the dagger to the side, bites at Celiss but its own head is knocked aside by Celiss' off-hand fist.

End Round Three, Begin Round Four ...

R4T19: Celiss?

I/S
Korian: 23. Delaying ...
Celiss: 19.
Darrius: 17.
Rabbi Eliezer: 12. Delaying ...
RZP1: 11. (18:20).
RZP3: 6. (6:20).

DESTROYED
RZP.

lostsole31
2011-04-10, 01:51 PM
R4T19: Celiss, muttering about how great of an idea this was, swipes at the zombie again. Now that she finally has a feel for the weight of the weapon, she swings it in a way that she knows will avoid any random collision with the zombie and slash it across the chest. It seems to have been a good idea after all, however, as she cuts a nice gash for 5 damage.

R4T17: Darrius?

I/S
Korian: 23. Delaying ...
Celiss: 19.
Darrius: 17.
Rabbi Eliezer: 12. Delaying ...
RZP1: 11. (13:20).
RZP3: 6. (6:20).

DESTROYED
RZP.

lostsole31
2011-04-14, 02:47 AM
R4T17: Darrius spits another bit of spray at the back zombie, melting its upper left leg into its lower abdomen and destroying it. One zombie remains ...

R4T11: The last zombie misses Celiss with its bite.

End Round Four, Begin Round Five ...

R5T19: Celiss?

I/S
Korian: 23. Delaying ...
Celiss: 19.
Darrius: 17.
Rabbi Eliezer: 12. Delaying ...
RZP1: 11. (13:20).

DESTROYED
RZP (x2).

lostsole31
2011-04-14, 06:21 PM
R5T19: Celiss takes another swipe at it with the dagger, hoping to finish it off. She actually makes a deep cut across its unresisting neck for 7 damage. It is still fighting, though.

R5T17: Darrius? Do you spit into melee and finish this thing off?

I/S
Korian: 23. Delaying ...
Celiss: 19.
Darrius: 17.
Rabbi Eliezer: 12. Delaying ...
RZP1: 11. (6:20).

DESTROYED
RZP (x2).

lostsole31
2011-04-15, 01:52 AM
R1T20: While its reflexes do not appear exceptional, the shock of seeing such ancient death is enough for this thing to go first. Instead of rushing around to meet the party in melee, it reaches into an old pouch and pulls out a small piece of rotting parchment .... and even though its vocal chords are all but gone, it hisses an incantation and waves its hands in the air as the parchment disappears and this thing is bathed in a shimmering, magical field.

R1T18: Korian, still wounded and obviously inexperienced compared to the rest, keeps his position and delays.

R1T13: Darrius, you easily recognize that this thing cast shield of faith, protecting itself with some form of deflection field. Oh, and you're pretty damn sure that it was not incanting to Olidammara! What do you do? Distance is actually 4 squares of movement, or 3 squares of LOS for spittle.

I/S
Veldimar Krund: 20. (:18). AC: 20, 13 t, 19 f.
* Shield of faith til end R11T20.
Korian: 18. Delaying ...
Darrius: 13.
Celiss: 9.
Rabbi Eliezer: 7.

lostsole31
2011-04-15, 12:55 PM
R1T13: The dark skinned man laughs as he sloshes forward through the waters, "Damnable dead thing, you think your faith will protect you? Think your death has given the Laughing Rogue the laugh?"

Once he's got a good shot lined up, he launches a glob of caustic slime at it, nailing it in the upper right thigh for 12 acid damage.

R1T9: Celiss?

I/S
Veldimar Krund: 20. (:18). AC: 20, 13 t, 19 f.
* Shield of faith til end R11T20.
Korian: 18. Delaying ...
Darrius: 13.
Celiss: 9.
Rabbi Eliezer: 7.

lostsole31
2011-04-15, 05:43 PM
R1T9: Celiss, unsure on how effective her unarmed strikes, sword or dagger will be, decides to move up and go for a rib-smashing attack. She only gets 5 feet, however, and realizes she has to be a lot more careful in her step in the 1' of surging back-and-forth water. She is trained in balance work, however, and makes it right up to the unliving mockery. Skeletons are supposed to be mindless, relatively benign undead ... with no spellcasting capability. She swings at the thing, but recovering her balance causes her to miss. Also, because she is still balancing (even standing still), she is 'flat-footed' (though that really only makes her lose a point of AC).

R1T7: "Careful, Celiss!" calls Lazer. "That's a heucuva, I'm sure of it! Only silver can harm it; your fists are useless. It's fist carries a wasting disease called 'heucuva blight!'"

Lazer tries to follow behind Celiss, but falls after moving 5 feet (where Celiss was before moving). Embarrassed, he gets up.

End Round One, Begin Round Two ...

R2T20: The thing begins to cast a spell, without any regard for Celiss. She tries to catch the thing off-guard with a spearhand, but she goes off-balance and loses her action next turn as she tries to regain it. Its eyes glow malevolently as it stares at Darrius. Darrius feels uncomfortable, with a faint sense of dread building, but he is able to shake it off quite handily.

R2T13: Darrius? Because Celiss is off-balance and without action, she is no longer 'threatening' the heucuva. What do you do?

I/S
Veldimar Krund: 20. (6:18). AC: 20, 13 t, 19 f.
* Shield of faith til end R11T20.
Korian: 18. Delaying ...
Darrius: 13.
Celiss: 9.
Rabbi Eliezer: 7.

lostsole31
2011-04-16, 03:58 AM
R1T23: Darrius as soon as you get within 5' of the edge of the water, he notices several shapes milling below ... crabs that are each about 2' wide in diameter. A few seem to notice you and snap their claws underwater. What do you do?

I/S
Darrius: 23.
Korian: 22.
Crab 1: 20.
Crab 2: 18.
Rabbi Eliezer: 12.
Celiss: 11.9.
Crab 3: 10.
Crab 4: 9.
Crab 5: 1.

lostsole31
2011-04-17, 03:18 AM
R1T23: Darrius raises a brow as he notices the figures in the water and takes a step back to see if they follow after him. "Well then, crabs it seems. I suppose that means we might have food if we're stuck here another day, or several. Anyone want to try to catch them? Put them in a backpack or something?"

R1T22: Korian, in a joking tone, says, "Hey, water makes things look funny, but they're kind of big and your much more suited for water combat. I'm fashioned after a wolverine, you know. It's not like we're good at fishing." (He delays, such as it is ...)

R1T20: Darting out of the water, onto shore, is one of these crabs, and it skitters right up to Darrius. It snaps a claw at Darrius, who dodges easily enough. Still, this 2-foot-diameter crab and its powerful-looking pincers look like they could probably take down a normal man!

R1T19: "Wow," says Korian, genuinely surprised. "Musta' been the way water makes things seem bigger or smaller. I didn't realize they were that big! Plucky little bugger, too."

Korian rolls forward into a ball that curves around Darrius to slam this thing from its forward right side, doing 6 bludgeoning damage. It gets knocked back 10' ... back into the water. Meanwhile, at point of impact Korian pops out of his ball form right in front of Darrius (and between the water), as mists of cold mist form around him, partially concealing his position.

R1T18: A crab comes right to the water's edge at Korian's feet and tries to snap at him but misses.

R1T12: Rabbi Eliezer rushes forward to stand side-by-side with Korian and swings, but his warhammer just chips off the edge of this new crab.

R1T11.9: Celiss, Korian and Lazer are right at the water's edge fighting a crab in front of Korian. Darrius is behind Korian. You can step into the water and attack the crab from the side, or you can move around to the 'far side' next to Korian to create a fighting line of three (and you'd still get a single attack at this crab). What do you do?


I/S
Darrius: 23.
Crab 1: 20. (9:15).
Korian: 19.
Crab 2: 18. (:15).
Rabbi Eliezer: 12.
Celiss: 11.9.
Crab 3: 10.
Crab 4: 9.
Crab 5: 1.

lostsole31
2011-04-17, 04:39 AM
R1T11.9: Celiss will move into position next to the others, going after the crab's eyes, glad to be fighting something that isn't undead. This sort of thing would probably end up as their standard tactics from now on, it worked pretty well. She strikes the carapace near its eyes, but not enough to crack its shell.

R1T10: A crab comes out of the water and snaps at Lazer.

R1T9: Another crab comes out, and pinches Celiss' right knee for 2 damage. The thick-limbed human woman is too big for it to get a good hold, though.

R1T1: Yet another crab comes out, and on the outside to attack Lazer in the right foot for 2 damage.

End Round One, Begin Round Two ...

R2T23: Darrius, you are behind Korian and not threatened by any crabs. Celiss is ahead to your left, and Lazer ahead and to your right. What do you do?

I/S
Darrius: 23.
Crab 1: 20. (9:15). 5' back in water.
Korian: 19.
Crab 2: 18. (:15). Korian.
Rabbi Eliezer: 12.
Celiss: 11.9.
Crab 3: 10. Lazer.
Crab 4: 9. Celiss.
Crab 5: 1.

lostsole31
2011-04-17, 07:57 PM
R2T23: Darrius hoped to get them a little further out of the water, but then again he also didn't really expect them to come out at all. He shifts around a bit until he finds and opening and applies the best weapon he has on hand. The bile-tasting tang in his mouth becomes more pronounced, even as the worg pelt becomes semi-insubstantial.

He bolts around and to the right, and comes around the back end of Lazer's crab (since he is likely to need the most help ... watching him woffing around that warhammer is actually kinda comical). Darrius is now in knee-high water. Darrius stabs in straight, trying to get in-between the thick upper shell and the thin lower shell, doing 10 damage.

R2T20: Darrius notes that the crab Korian partially cracked and bull-rushed in his bizarre move, has moved up to him and is snapping away at him under the water.

R2T19: Korian focuses his defense on the crab in front of him. The strange, partially concealing cold mist disappears, practically breathed into Korian's nostrils as he sniffs the air. Though his bite misses, his two claws strike for a total of 8 damage.

R2T18: Korian's crab counterattacks. Its claw snaps very well. Yesterday, there is no doubt that it would've hit; but not today, for Korian seems to have learned or adapted Celiss's very analytical defensive techniques, but has adopted to them to a far more intuitive degree, even improvising on some of those defensive kata.

R2T12: The flanking has made a big difference, and Lazer's warhammer connects for 3 damage. This thing is barely moving now.

R2T11.9: Celiss? You got a crab in front of you, uninjured. What do you do?

I/S
Darrius: 23.
Crab 1: 20. (9:15). Fl Darrius w/ C3.
Korian: 19.
Crab 2: 18. (7:15). Korian.
Rabbi Eliezer: 12. F w/ Darrius.
Celiss: 11.9.
Crab 3: 10. (2:15). Lazer, flanked by Darrius.
Crab 4: 9. Celiss.
Crab 5: 1.

lostsole31
2011-04-18, 05:13 PM
R2T11.9: Making a mental note about Korian's continuing development, Celiss will turn her attention to the task at hand: getting rid of these things so she can figure out what's going on with him. So she'll lash out at it, going for a kick from below and following up with a punch from above for a total of 18 damage, dropping the crab.Please roll crit confirm in IC, so I don't have to cross-reference between two threads. That should be the time you actually "earn" the right to double post as a player. Also, crits are not doubled base damage, but rolling damage as many times as the multiplier indicates.
R2T10: The crab flanked by Lazer and Darrius nips the dwarf in the right hand for 2 damage.

R2T1: The crab on Lazer's side crushes a small part of the dwarf's left calf, but even though the claw seems to have gotten through the armor it didn't seem to hurt Lazer for some reason. :smallconfused: ???

End Round Two, Begin Round Three ...

R3T23: Darrius, you are flanking a crab with Lazer. What do you do?

I/S
Darrius: 23.
Crab 1: 20. (9:15). Fl Darrius w/ C3.
Korian: 19.
Crab 2: 18. (7:15). Korian.
Rabbi Eliezer: 12. F w/ Darrius.
Celiss: 11.9.
Crab 3: 10. (2:15). Lazer, flanked by Darrius.
Crab 5: 1.

DEAD
Crab.

lostsole31
2011-04-18, 11:35 PM
R3T23: Darrius winces as Celiss crushes the crab she attacked, but at least she didn't smash it so hard as to blast crab guts everywhere. However, the shell was certainly cracked, and that was always half the battle to getting a good meal. He is about to take another stab at the crab between himself and the dwarf when he notices the lack of pain in the dwarf's eyes despite his little friend giving him a nasty hug. He shakes his head as he dagger whips out at the crab, "Strange times all around. Whats next, scales?"

Instead of a slice, Darrius opts for a stab. Unfortunately, a cut might include some of the bludgeoning force of impact, and the dagger - by a freak mischance - so fully is reflected by the man's attack that it comes back and a second later, Darrius sees the dagger in his hand holding his weapon at his groin muscle, having nicked the femoral for 11 mod damage, his essentia-charged adamant pauldrons minimizing damage, but not the self-inflicted critical. No doubt, he is somewhat confused by this as he pulls out his dagger.

R3T20: The crab behind Darrius snaps at him.

R3T19: Korian only scores a single claw strike for 4 against his crab ...

R3T18: ... who misses Korian on the counterattack.

R3T12: Lazer takes a sidestep 5' to his front and right, now making himself flanked by crabs. This puts him 5' to Darrius' front and left. He tries to concentrate on a spell while maintaining some semblance of defense, but fails and loses the holy energies he was preparing with which to heal Darrius.

R3T11.9: Celiss? You'd have to travel around to get to the dwarf and man, or you could just try to free up Korian whose next to them (and gets three attacks) by taking care of his crab, instead. What do you do?

I/S
Darrius: 23.
Crab 1: 20. (9:15). Fl Darrius w/ C3.
Korian: 19.
Crab 2: 18. (3:15). Korian.
Rabbi Eliezer: 12. F w/ Darrius.
Celiss: 11.9.
Crab 3: 10. (2:15). Lazer, flanked by Darrius.
Crab 5: 1.

DEAD
Crab.

lostsole31
2011-04-19, 02:11 PM
R3T11.9: Celiss will gesture that she will attack the crab currently keeping Korian busy, indicating with a movement of her head that he is to assist Lazer.

To allow Korian to move unmolested, Celiss will try and bring the crab down for the count, aiming to smash the front of its shell. She does so, and it goes down hard.

R3T10: The crab that was being flanked (but Lazer just went offline) snaps at Darrius and misses.

R3T1: The crab that had gone around the side is now flanking Lazer with the one that was being flanked by the heroes. It wrenches Lazer on his upper right arm, but the dwarf moves deftly enough that it fails to crit him (2 damage).

End Round Three, Begin Round Four ...

R4T23: Darrius, you are being flanked by two crabs. Because you are in a foot of water, you don't get to take a free 5' step (2 squares of movement). If you don't want to be flanked, you still want to possibly target both crabs, and just move 5', you can still tumble one square to the left easily. (DC increases by 2 for difficult terrain, and again by 2 for additional opponent threatening.) Fighting defensively is another option. What do you do?

I/S
Darrius: 23.
Crab 1: 20. (9:15). Fl Darrius w/ C3.
Korian: 19.
Rabbi Eliezer: 12. F w/ Darrius.
Celiss: 11.9.
Crab 3: 10. (2:15). Flanking Lazer with C5; Fl Darrius w/ C1.
Crab 5: 1. Flanking Lazer with C3.

DEAD
Crab (x2).

lostsole31
2011-04-19, 10:44 PM
R4T23: For the moment he'll stand his ground, trying to keep an eye on both crabs even as he thrusts out with his blade at the one that is further into the pool of water. Had he thought less of his defense, the attack would have been successful, but his dagger once again bounces away.

R4T20: The same crab is knocked a little from the impact on its shell, however, and misses Darrius.

R4T19: Korian steps forward 5' to attack the one in-between the two non-warriors squarely instead of from an angle. His claws miss (one nearly disastrously so), but his bite comes in squarely for 5 damage, stopping the crab.

R4T12: Lazer steps forward into the square of the crab Korian just downed and casts a spell. He touches Darrius for 9 healing. Lazer doesn't seem pleased by the result.

R4T11.9: Celiss, only two crabs remain. One is 10' into the water, poking just above the surface and totally fine with attacking underwater as well. It is partially wounded. The other crab is by itself (Lazer just moved 5' from it) around the opposite side of the heroes' battle line and is unwounded. It would take you 15' of movement to get to a point to attack that one. What do you do?

I/S
Darrius: 23. FD.
Crab 1: 20. (9:15). Darrius in water.
Korian: 19.
Rabbi Eliezer: 12. F w/ Darrius.
Celiss: 11.9.
Crab 5: 1. Lazer on outside.

DEAD
Crab (x3).

lostsole31
2011-04-20, 01:41 PM
R4T11.9: Celiss moves five feet, so that she is as close to both Darrius and Lazer if possible. She keeps an eye on both crabs, getting ready to unleash a flurry of attacks on either if it comes within range.

R4T1: The crab on the far side misses Lazer.

End Round Four, Begin Round Five ...

R4T23: Darrius, you were fighting defensively, you are healed almost to full, and there is a crab in the water behind you. (Most of it is submerged, but you don't suffer penalties for fighting in the water, so I'm no doing any adjustments either way for you or the crab.)

I/S
Darrius: 23. FD.
Crab 1: 20. (9:15). Darrius in water.
Korian: 19.
Rabbi Eliezer: 12. F w/ Darrius.
Celiss: 11.9. Readied flurry ... both miss.
Crab 5: 1. Lazer on outside.

DEAD
Crab (x3).
[/QUOTE]

lostsole31
2011-04-21, 06:19 PM
R4T23: whirls about and thrusts the blade forward and down into the crab, hoping to piece its shell, but the dagger merely glances.

R4T20: The dagger counters, but is blocked by Darrius' armor.

R4T19: Korian tumbles around the side and flanks Lazer's crab, biting down into the crab for 7 damage.

R4T12: Lazer's hammer bounces off and bonks him in the shoulder for 3 damage.

R4T11.9: Celiss?

I/S
Darrius: 23. FD.
Crab 1: 20. (9:15). Darrius in water.
Korian: 19.
Rabbi Eliezer: 12. F w/ Darrius.
Celiss: 11.9. Readied flurry ... both miss.
Crab 5: 1. (8:15). Lazer on outside.

DEAD
Crab (x3).

lostsole31
2011-04-22, 02:10 AM
R4T11.9: Celiss splashes out into the water to flank the crab fighting Darrius. Though flanking, the crab has good cover and she misses.

R4T5: The crab Lazer is fighting actually catches the dwarf in the left shoulder while he is in a fighting crouch and pinches him for 4 damage. The rabbi is significantly wounded now.

End Round Four, Begin Round Five...

R5T23: Darrius, you are now flanking with Celiss! What do you do?

I/S
Darrius: 23. Flanking vs C1 w/ Celiss.
Crab 1: 20. (9:15). Darrius in water.
Korian: 19.
Rabbi Eliezer: 12. F w/ Darrius.
Celiss: 11.9. Readied flurry ... both miss.
Crab 5: 1. (8:15). Lazer on outside.

DEAD
Crab (x3).

lostsole31
2011-04-22, 01:06 PM
R4T11.9: Celiss splashes out into the water to flank the crab fighting Darrius. Though flanking, the crab has good cover and she misses.

R4T5: The crab Lazer is fighting actually catches the dwarf in the left shoulder while he is in a fighting crouch and pinches him for 4 damage. The rabbi is significantly wounded now.

End Round Four, Begin Round Five...

R5T23: Darrius, you are now flanking with Celiss! What do you do?

R5T20: The crab misses as well.

R5T19: Korian claws his and Lazer's crab for 4, then again for 5. The crab goes down.

R5T12: Understandably, Doctor Cohen casts CLW on himself. You never would've expected a single spell like that to heal his wounds at one knit, but so compassionate and holy is he that he heals the 11 damage done to him to bring him up to full.

R5T11.9: Celiss, you realize from before that punching your fists into/ through water isn't effective: you're not as well protected, and the force of a fist is not only slowed for likely less impact but also thrown off target. You are in water that is chest high, but still flanking with Darrius (which is still important for his success). What do you do?

I/S
Darrius: 23. Flanking vs C1 w/ Celiss.
Crab 1: 20. (9:15). Darrius in water.
Korian: 19.
Rabbi Eliezer: 12. F w/ Darrius.
Celiss: 11.9. Readied flurry ... both miss.

DEAD
Crab (x4).

lostsole31
2011-04-22, 03:11 PM
R5T11.9: Gritting her teeth, Celiss shouts a quick Draw it out of the water! before attacking the crab again, hoping to give Darrius an opening to move back. Her first fist splashes, but moves enough water that her second fist strikes the shell true with a crack for 4 mod damage.

End Round Five, Begin Round Six ...

R6T23: Darrius, your pretty sure that a crab, which knows nothing of tactics, will simply go for the waterborne morsel .... so drawing it out won't work unless everyone's out ... and Celiss is exposed in the water. However, it looks like this crab is almost done. What do you do? (P.S., you know it is better to stab then cut with the dagger in the water, even with you as a natural swimmer.)

I/S
Darrius: 23. Flanking vs C1 w/ Celiss.
Crab 1: 20. (5:15). Darrius in water.
Korian: 19.
Rabbi Eliezer: 12. F w/ Darrius.
Celiss: 11.9. Readied flurry ... both miss.

DEAD
Crab (x4).

lostsole31
2011-05-08, 12:51 AM
R1T24: Lazer looks right at the man just before he plants what he was going to. He tosses the parchment down and runs off.

R1T14: Lazer looks after him, then calmly bends down to pick up the parchment and begins reading.

R1T8: Darrius, are you going to move up to Lazer, who appears to give no chase? or, do you pass Lazer and try to run this guy down?

I/S
Rogue: 24.
Lazer: 14.
Darrius: 8.

lostsole31
2011-05-19, 11:54 PM
R1T20: Lazer calls out, "Vakrissa! Korian! You're on!"

Realizing that Celiss is the one most likely to be in the frontline, Lazer casts a protection from evil on her. "Let's take this chump alive, shall we?"

R1T19: Korian enters...

R1T16: Celiss, you don't see Nemien. Since you and Darrius were likely standing behind Lazer, that means his former position would require a 5-foot move for physical action (or to clear Lazer for burning hands). What do you do?

I/S
Lazer: 20.
Korian: 19.
Celiss: 16. Protection from evil.
Darrius: 15.
Vakrissa: 12.
Nemien: 7. Invisible.

lostsole31
2011-05-20, 04:37 AM
R1T16: Celiss jumps to where the man last was, swinging her arms to see if she can find him with a lucky hit, but both times hitting naught but air.There's a counter on the same wall you entered by, but it isn't big enough for him to get behind, so much as station things there. Nemien simply walked up to the party in one of the many aisles of stuffed critters. Still, your acrobatic double-jump kick at least looked impressive.
R1T15:Today, the dark skinned man lacks the torc around his neck as well as the strange crystal helm and even the metal plates that had adorned his shoulders. Instead, he carries with him a glowing green ball of light that seems strangely solid. He's spent the morning trying to converse with it, after incorrectly assuming he'd developed some sort of incarnum vomit early in the morning, but hasn't had much luck as yet. Other notable features are a pair of blue tinted goggles in front of his eyes, though they have no straps and seem to float of their own volition, and strange metallic gloves that don't quite fit around his fingers and crackle with electricity if he moves them too fast. As always, his pelt of worg fur remains.

With as much speed as he can muster, which is quite a bit for a human, he rushes to the door to the back room (only 10' from where he was standing, 15' with moving around things), his softly glowing little friend riding on his shoulder for the time being. Only a moment before it had been hiding behind the man's back, trying not to be seen by Mr Roblach.I don't mind right now for the hiding of the soulspark. The entire room is 25' x 20'.

Yes, there is a door, and it is shut.

Just like a normal familiar (in my campaigns), your soulspark familiar goes on your turn. Also, it may "ride" you. In this regard, you may allow it to go your full speed when moving. However, any movement on your part (other than a 5' free move) is a move action for it.
* If you, on a single move action, exceed its 30' fly speed, then it is considered to have taken a full-round action ... but may still go your full speed (if riding).
* Your movement obviously affects its ability to hide, but with penalties and modifiers for its speed and abilities, not your own. As such, unless you will it to move from you, it tends to be a marker for where you are. Your hide in plain sight and stealth bonuses give no benefit to your familiar.
* Being energy, it can't really be "worn" inside of you. It can hide behind you just fine in noncombat; otherwise, it rides your shoulders. Also, remember that its luminosity is never less than a candle, which in some cases may make Hide checks moot. In a dark room, it would be seen easily.
* Also, unless you will it to free itself of you, it is considered grappled when "riding" you if you are part of a grapple. Since the soul blast is a ranged touch attack, if it used it in a grapple, it has an equal chance of hitting you or the other grappler! :smallfrown:
* Though a supernatural ability, the soul blast is considered to do "weapon" damage, which is why the 'align attack' is an important consideration. Otherwise, this ability would be moot. So, if you go up against a natural (non-afflicted) werewolf, your soulspark would have zero chance of hurting it with its soul blast.
R1T12: Vakrissa steps into the shop as Lazer says, "Shut that door!"

Vakrissa complies, and now the visible exits are blocked and shut.

R1T7: Darrius and Celiss hear a spell being cast over to one side, but only Celiss (of the two of you) knows what it is, which Lazer calls: "He just cast a shield spell. He's getting ready to go the hard way. Listen, Mr. Roblach .... this doesn't have to happen. We can avoid some of the unnecessary violence if you point us to the entrance to the Lotus Dragons, especially to Vanthus Vanderboren."

Unfortunately, y'all heard some footsteps, but Lazer's chat makes it hard to figure out where he might be now in this room.

End Round One, Begin Round Two ...

R2T20: Lazer moves over to Korian while drawing his warhammer. He casts protection from evil on the alleged 'demigod' and says, "Sniff him out, I'll take your spot at this door."

R2T19: Korian moves over to the western side as he moves around, sniffing the air. He then says and points to a square, "Right here!"

R2T16: Celiss, you have a target square, but it will take you 10' of movement, so only a standard action. What do you do?

I/S
Lazer: 20.
Korian: 19. Protection from evil.
Celiss: 16. Protection from evil.
Darrius/ Soulspark Familiar: 15.
Vakrissa: 12.
Nemien: 7. Invisible.

lostsole31
2011-05-20, 02:44 PM
R2T16: Celiss, smiling, steps so that she has a clear line of sight to the square Korian pointed out, but instead of moving forwards her hands dart into her spell component pouches, retrieving three pinches of sand, each a different color.

Spreading the sand into the air as she performs the motions and speaks the words of arcana, Celiss thrusts her arms forwards. The sand, still hanging in the air, is propelled by an unseen force and explodes into a cone of kaleidoscopic color that is harmless to those out of its area but, Celiss hopes, will have a devastating effect on the one caught in it.

It had been a while since she had done distinctly arcane things in combat aside from protecting herself-it was nice to feel the rush of energy that accompanied unleashing a spell like this every now and then.

Celiss has no idea if it was effective or not.

R2T15: He doesn't want to move, lest the man try something tricky to get past him and out the door he now guards, but still wants to be of use against the man. While he deliberates, the mote of light on his shoulder seems to pick up on his hostile intent towards where Korian indicated. It lifts free of his shoulder and moves towards it, the inner glow rising menacingly. A burst of blue light shoots from it, going right through the center of that 5-foot-square and hitting a stuffed monkey on the wall behind, obliterating the mounted primate.

R2T12: Vakrissa takes out a javelin and tosses it, but it goes very high because of intervening crafts and trying not to hit her two teammates.

R2T7: Celiss (and Korian) both hear the wood creaking towards the back of the store. It is enough to know the direction he went, but no longer enough to pinpoint.

End Round Two, Begin Round Three ...

R3T20: Lazer delays ...

R3T19: Korian goes towards the back near Darrius, then fishhooks towards the front on the other side of the stoor, and says, "Here!"

R3T16: Celiss, the next would take you 20' of movement to get adjacent to that square (or to a point where you could use burning hands without hurting Korian) because of shelves and the like. What do you do?

I/S
Lazer: 20. Delaying ...
Korian: 19. Protection from evil.
Celiss: 16. Protection from evil.
Darrius/ Soulspark Familiar: 15.
Vakrissa: 12.
Nemien: 7. Invisible.

lostsole31
2011-05-20, 04:09 PM
R3T16: Celiss is loathe to use more of her limited supply of spells, instead dipping into the talents she has mastered so completely they barely require energy at all. Speaking words of simpler, although still powerful, arcane magic, Celiss' hands go through a short array of complex symbols before her eyes seem to flicker for a moment.

We just have to keep this up for a bit longer. The spell should be wearing off fairly soon. Celiss says.

Celiss detects that there is, in fact, magic in that cone .... round one.

R3T15: Darrius, there is nowhere for your spark to go and stay within 10' of you without incurring cover penalties. You can see that square, but cover would apply (as well as shooting into a threatened square). What do you do?

I/S
Lazer: 20. Delaying ...
Korian: 19. Protection from evil.
Celiss: 16. Protection from evil.
Darrius/ Soulspark Familiar: 15.
Vakrissa: 12.
Nemien: 7. Invisible.

lostsole31
2011-05-22, 06:09 PM
R3T15: Darrius chuckles, "Indeed, magic is limited, but muscles and a keen nose last all day. I'd say he'd have a better time of it just giving up."

The soulspark, meanwhile, floats over to take a shot, regardless of cover, but ends up blowing apart a stuffed giant bombardier beetle.

R3T12: From her vantage, Vakrissa does not worry about cover. She takes out another javelin and throws, but it goes very high and hits the wall.

R3T7: Just then, the same burst of kaleidoscopic colors bursts forth. But instead of the origin coming from Nemien's last point, it seems that it comes from just to the left of Korian ... and it encompasses the side-by-side Korian and Celiss, and forward to the entrance to include Vakrissa and Lazer.

Vakrissa manages to close her eyes in time. Lazer, be he a dwarf or no, possesses a powerful mind that feel a bare tingle from the colors, and he is fine. Korian, although sentient and possessing vaguely humanoid form and opposable thumbs, is at the very core an animal. The bizarre magics, beyond anything in his training, is too much for him. He falls unconscious.

Celiss, since this could be an ender for you right here and now, roll a Will save...

I/S
Lazer: 20. Delaying ...
Protection from evil.
Celiss: 16. Protection from evil.
Darrius/ Soulspark Familiar: 15.
Vakrissa: 12.
Nemien: 7. Invisible.
Korian: 19. UNCONSCIOUS til end R10T7!!!

lostsole31
2011-05-23, 01:09 AM
Celiss, annoyed at this turn of events, mutters Copycat just as she is enveloped in a blast of color. Overwhelmed by the perfectly timed, multi-colored strobes of light hitting her retinas, her brain synapses are overwhelmed until her brain defends her by becoming blessedly insensate throughout. Celiss feels and senses nothing.

Darrius, Celiss' eyes flutter and she drops her short sword and falls prone next to Korian. A split second later, Nemien appears with a wand in his hand.

R3T6: Lazer takes out his dagger and tosses it at Nemien. It is a very, very good through, but Nemien moves well and the dagger bypasses one force effect to be stopped (just barely) by another, and the dagger falls at nemien's feet.

End Round Three, Begin Round Four ...

R4T15: Darrius, Nemien is still in a position of cover relative to both you and your soul spark, but at least he is visible. What do you do?

I/S
Darrius: 15.
Soulspark Familiar: 14.9.
Vakrissa: 12.
Nemien: 7. Invisible.
KO'd: Korian: 19. UNCONSCIOUS til end R10T7!!!
KO'd: Celiss: 16. UNCONSCIOUS til end R9T7!!!
* Protection from evil.
Lazer: 6.
* Protection from evil.

lostsole31
2011-05-23, 02:13 AM
R4T15: Though it may be somewhat of a gamble to leave the door unattended, Darrius rushes forward while his soulspark circles around to also get into a good position. Though it can't quite provide the same sort of threat as a person with a dagger it should hopefully be enough to pen him in between the various creatures. Once in position, they both unleash their attacks. Darrius touches Nemien in his left underarm at a nerve plexus that causes additional pain for 14 electricity damage. Meanwhile, the soulspark blasts Nemien in the head for 9 damage.

R4T12: The soulspark is too small to be an effective barrier, which means Vakrissa is not stopped by it and moves into its square and attacks with her scythe, but Nemien is just agile enough for her to miss.

R4T7: Nemien concentrates and moves defensively, but a series of colors fizzle and pop as he loses his spell. Nemien had actually placed himself at a 'T' between the wall shelf and two floor shelves to give himself more places to escape. He brilliant tumbles to the center of the room, keeping Darrius and Vakrissa from getting any AOOs, and he moves to the back of the room to the door.

R4T6: Lazer, who is wicked fast, moves around shelves and gets to the back of the room and to the 'far' side and swings his warhammer ... but he is no combatant and misses.

End Round Four, Begin Round Five ...

R5T15: Darrius? It seems that Lazer is very clever. Instead of running right at him, he moved to the western wall side of Nemien ... meaning that you are able to move to the same side of Nemien as the wall you're closest to know and still flank! What do you do?

I/S
Darrius: 15.
Soulspark Familiar: 14.9.
Vakrissa: 12.
Nemien: 7. Mage armor/ shield.
KO'd: Korian: 19. UNCONSCIOUS til end R10T7!!!
KO'd: Celiss: 16. UNCONSCIOUS til end R9T7!!!
* Protection from evil.
Lazer: 6.
* Protection from evil.

lostsole31
2011-05-25, 02:54 PM
Lazer dismisses the light on his warhammer, and then casts it on the blade of Celiss' short sword ... which he then asks she stow again.

The door is pulled open and Darrius looks out. Darrius leans back in and whispers to the others what is outside and that he'll check round the corner and the door, but then be right back. The door to the north is cracked open, and torchlight can be seen flickering inside, with something blocking at the door. He edges forward.

The door opens inwards and is cracked open oh-so-barely. There is a woman in leather armor with a hand crossbow that looks like she could swing the door open and shoot down the hallway in a moment's notice.

The part that really creeps Darrius out, because he hasn't challenged his ability to this degree yet .... is that he is looking right into her eyes ... and she still doesn't see him!

Darrius, what do you do?

lostsole31
2011-05-27, 02:27 AM
R1T24: Vakrissa moves in at incredible speeds, she draws her dagger (with the light on it, courtesy of Lazer) as she moves right through Darrius and pushing the door open, in five feet and drops the dagger, and hits his lower left arm for max (12) damage.

R1T23.9: Also at equally unbelievable reflexes, Lazer bursts in through the door but around to the corner behind the woman and casts stabilize on her to stop her bleeding.

Korian comes in, and seeing Lazer on the woman, he darts over to the man. Korian, being split being learning compassion and enjoying his animal side, is a creature at war. But without battle immediately upon you, he gives to the compassionate side. His respect for Lazer's approach to all living creatures is strong, and he tries to stabilize the man, but is having troubles.

Celiss, you are all alone in this little cavern thingy, though light enough comes in from the northern room. You won't fit in the room, so the best you can do is stand outside and keep an eye out for trouble.

Lazer pops on over to the fallen man and casts stabilize on him. A quick check determines that they are both alive. "It's alright, folks. They aren't going anywhere. They've been stabilized, not healed. We knew the alarm would be sounded at some point, and Darrius bought us the advantage of one more enemy neutralized then if he weren't here."

A quick check of both thieves shows they each wear leather armor and have thieves tools, a potion (Lazer easily IDs each as CLW potions), a rapier, a sap, and a hand crossbow. The loaded hand crossbow bolt and one other each have some milky white substance on it. Vakrissa analyzes it quickly and says "It's urchin venom. Not particularly powerful, but can cause nausea and a little weakness."

"We don't have time to loot and carry everything we find," says Lazer, "and unless we carry the fallen enemies out room by room and take forever, let's take what we find immediately useful. Once we're done, we can go back."

He takes the two potions, expecting that he'll run out of healing before too long if you push hard enough. Does anyone else want to take anything immediately useful? Neither of the three NPCs can use a hand crossbow, and don't care about the other weapons.

Darrius? Celiss?

I/S
Vakrissa: 24.
Lazer: 23.9.
Korian: 18.
Celiss: 13.
Darrius: 7.

STABLE
2 Thieves in D2.

lostsole31
2011-05-27, 04:14 AM
Since Celiss has no training with any of the weapons, it is doubtful she takes anything. Meanwhile, Darrius loads up as stated.

Door are shut behind the party, and you move south along the p-way, 20' before it turns to the west. Darrius looks around (make no mistake, the party is now carrying light), and the p-way goes down 30' before turning to the north. At the end of the hall, on the south wall, is a door.

The party gets down there and it seems the door is ajar. Darrius looks in ... (he might as well open the door because stealth is effectively ruined with the party). The floor of this large room is covered with thick padded mats. Throughout the room stand all manner of target dummies made of clothes and armor stuffed with straw, some of which wear bell-studded coats with numerous pockets, and others of which are draped with manacles and chains hung with cheap-looking padlocks. To the west, a wooden stage sits a foot off the floor. A padded throne flanked by potted plants sits on this stage.

Darrius' keen vision sees through the silly disguises ... five of the six dummies are actually thieves! The closest one is 5' from the entrance.

Darrius, what do you do?

I/S
Vakrissa: 24.
Lazer: 23.9.
Korian: 18.
Celiss: 13.
Darrius: 7.
...............................................
STABLE
D2: (no potions, only one rapier, sap, hand xbow, and 9 bolts).

lostsole31
2011-05-28, 01:29 AM
[Celiss activates mage armor from the wand, as above.]

Hoping to get the drop on the would be ambushers, Darrius moves swiftly. He shuffles to one side and thrusts out his palm with a burst of crackling lightning in hopes of taking one out immediately. Even tracking the ersatz dummies, Darrius hesitates when he realizes that this might have been foolish to have gone alone into a room full of agile thieves.

S19: A man nearby moves back and around and fires his hand crossbow while drawing his rapier, but the bolt misses Darrius.

S10: Another comes around to the side to shoot as well, but missing wildly, rapier also in hand.

S9.9: A third comes to the opposite side to flank with the second, but this time simply attacks with his rapier, hitting Darrius in his left bicep for 5 mod damage ... and he would've taken much more if it wasn't for his adamant pauldrons.

S5: Darrius' original target is still flat-footed, so he goes with that, grabbing the man in the crotch for 10 electricity damage. The man appears disabled.

After his attempt Darrius calls out to the others, "Dummies, for sure, to think they could fool us! All but one are men and women in disguise!"

End Surprise Round, Begin Round One ...

R1T22: With the speed of an arctic wind, frost and mist swirls around Korian, especially around his claws. The mist around him partially conceals him, while the rimed talons look like they will cut with a nasty chill. Korian tumbles brilliantly around so that the man that is 'behind' Darrius (relative for Darrius facing his target) is now flanked. Korian slashes him on the back of the head for 4 weapon and 8 cold damage, dropping him in one blow as the rime is melted away by the man's blood.

R1T21: Celiss, you feel your body react with a speed you've never known before ... achieving max reflexes! Unless you pause to 'take stock' of the room (costing an action), the best you can do is simply barrel in and punch ... or move to the doorway and cast ... at an obvious enemy. What do you do?

I/S
Korian: 22. Child of Shadow (concealment: 20%).
Celiss: 21.
R6: 18.9. (0:10). Disabled
R5: 18.
Vakrissa: 14.1.
R4: 14.
R2: 10. L of Darrius.
R3: 9.9 R of Darrius.
Lazer: 9.
Darrius: 5.

DYING
R1: (-2:10).
...............................................
STABLE
D2: 2 rogues (no potions, only one rapier, sap, hand xbow, and 9 bolts w/ 2 doses urchin venom).

lostsole31
2011-05-28, 08:20 PM
R1T21: Celiss moves right in to attack the closest man in melee with Darrius, deciding to conserve her spells for later (flanking). There were a few cantrips that could be useful in this situation, but it would be more reliable to simply put another of these people on the floor than to try one of them. She plants a right fist into the man's kidneys for 7 damage he contorts in pain - and will likely be pissing and coughing blood later - but he's still in the game on adrenaline, if nothing else.

R1T18.9: The man Darrius badly wounded withdraws backwards to the wall, then along the wall to the corner, barely maintaining consciousness.

R1T18: A woman shoots her crossbow at Korian (which he dodges), then backs up against the far eastern wall while drawing her rapier.

R1T14.1: Vakrissa flies in and goes right for that woman, cutting her in the right foot for 10 damage with her scythe. That woman barely stands, using the wall to prop her up.

R1T14: The sixth dummy was better at disguise than the others (enough to fool Darrius), and that woman shoots her crossbow at Vakrissa, who dodges. This woman then draws her rapier.

R1T10: The man flanking Darrius with Celiss' opponent lines up his attack - using his buddy as distraction - and stabs Darrius in the jaw .... just missing a crit, for 8 mod damage. Darrius is definitely feeling the pain.

R1T9.9: Celiss' opponent is still an opportunist, and attacks Darrius to enjoy attacking a vulnerable (and wounded) opponent. She gets through his studded leather armor, and Darrius thinks himself wounded, when he looks down and sees that the blade went through the side of his armor ... without cutting him.

R1T9: Lazer comes in and around to the side of the Celiss-wounded thief and misses the agile thief with his warhammer.

R1T5: Darrius, you have two opponents - one is unwounded and unflanked. The other is badly wounded, and you are flanking with Celiss. You are now also in the yellow zone for HPs. What do you do?

I/S
Korian: 22. Child of Shadow (concealment: 20%).
Celiss: 21.
R6 (m): 18.9. (0:10). Disabled. At SW corner.
R5(f): 18. (0:10). Adjacent to Vakrissa.
Vakrissa: 14.1.
R4: 14. Xbow unloaded, 10' from Vakrissa.
R2: 10. L of Darrius.
R3(m): 9.9 (2:10). R of Darrius, flanked by Celiss.
Lazer: 9.
Darrius: 5.

DYING
R1: (-2:10).
...............................................
STABLE
D2: 2 rogues (no potions, only one rapier, sap, hand xbow, and 9 bolts w/ 2 doses urchin venom).

lostsole31
2011-05-30, 02:01 AM
R1T5: Darrius whirls with his palm outstretched and aims to severely wound the one that has yet not been wounded at all, trusting Celiss or another to remove the other. He touches the man in the center of the chest for 8 electricity damage. The man convulses some as the energy coarses through his heart, but he manages to hang in there.

End Round One, Begin Round Two ...

R2T22: Seeing Darrius sorely pressed and other allies on other baddies, Korian growls and charges the man Darrius just zapped. Instead of trying to cut him, however, the Winter Warrior (hey, just came up with that ... cool, huh?) lowers its shoulder to slam into the man.

Darrius, you've seen pit fighters that rely on strength bull rush others often enough. This was somehow different. On one hand, Korian didn't seem to have used as much power as someone really versed in this tactic, yet there was actually more technique and skill used than expected ...

Korian slams into the man and carries him 15' to the back wall. Just the initial impact with the man does 12 damage, killing him outright. The additional 11 damage from momentum as he is pasted against the wall is overkill.

Darrius ... now THAT was different! Somehow, this technique of Korian's did pretty significant damage right at initial impact ... as well as the standard hard-stop damage from a normal bull rush! Okay, that might be something to write home about.

R2T21: Celiss, you are flanking a badly wounded thief with Darrius. What do you do?

I/S
Korian: 22. Child of Shadow (concealment: 20%).
Celiss: 21.
R6 (m): 18.9. (0:10). Disabled. At SW corner.
R5(f): 18. (0:10). Adjacent to Vakrissa.
Vakrissa: 14.1.
R4: 14. Xbow unloaded, 10' from Vakrissa.
R3(m): 9.9 (2:10). R of Darrius, flanked by Celiss.
Lazer: 9.
Darrius: 5.

DYING
R1: (-3:10).

DEAD
R2.
...............................................
STABLE
D2: 2 rogues (no potions, only one rapier, sap, hand xbow, and 9 bolts w/ 2 doses urchin venom).

lostsole31
2011-05-30, 06:18 PM
R2T21: Celiss goes for a double-strike, catching the man in his lower back for 7 damage, and as he goes down, she gives him a hard kick in the same spot for 9 damage, breaking his back.

R2T18.9: The disabled man in the SW corner struggles to pull out a potion bottle.

R2T18: The disabled woman facing off with Vakrissa doesn't hope for any such break and makes a desperate attack with her rapier. Vakrissa deflects it enough so that the rapier scrapes lightly across her sharksin armor. The woman falls unconscious from the strain.

R2T14.1: Vakrissa nods at the fallen thief's bravery, albeit an enemy. Instead of finishing her off, she flies at the thief 10' distant that fired at her, clashing open the brachial artery inside his right bicep for 10 damage. He stands shocked and disabled.

R2T14: He and the man in the SW corner are both disabled from wounds. He drops his hand crossbow. "I surrender. I surrender!" but still draws his potion bottle.

R2T9: Lazer says, "You there, you didn't say anything. Surrender in the name of Lady Lavinia Vanderboren!"

The man in the corner says, through tears and blood, "Yes! Yes! I surrender! Yes!"

Lazer says, "Let them drink their potion. It is theirs to drink. But Vakrissa, Darrius, tie them firmly with this beggar's refuse. Keep them ungagged, that if they scream for help they are seen as beaten and killed for incompetence."

Celiss-Darrius and Korian-Vakrissa crowd them while they drink their potion (and drop their weapons). Lazer then goes around and stabilizes who he can. Lazer administers a potion from one of the following for max (9) healing. Another potion and Darrius is healed. Lazer hands Vakrissa and Darrius a potion each.

He then orders a 'quick search' of the fallen as well and the room. Nothing of interest in the room, but a separate door from the one you entered is to the east. It appears to be locked.

I/S
Korian: 22. Child of Shadow (concealment: 20%).
Celiss: 21.
Vakrissa: 14.1.
Lazer: 9.
Darrius: 5.

...............................................

D2: 2 rogues (no potions, only one rapier, sap, hand xbow, and 9 bolts w/ 2 doses urchin venom).
D25: R1(-4); R5(-4) unconscious. R2/3 dead. R4(7) and R6(4) bound. Potions used/ taken.

lostsole31
2011-05-30, 06:55 PM
Darrius was expecting danger, so he's not surprised by this thing ... but his jiggling the lock so much made it alerted as well.

R1T21: Though not surprised, Darrius is still taken in shock by this thing which bursts forward with appreciable speed. A pedipalp hits Darrius around the head and holds him, making a follow-up bite easy and quick for 6 mod damage to his R knee. Another pedipalp swings and latches around the L knee and the bite hits the surprised thief in the chest for 10 mod damage. Then, the bite attack itself hits Darrius in the neck for 6 mod damage.

Darrius, with the grabbing, you are brought into its square. You are now disabled.Disabled means you can take a single move action or a single standard action a turn. Doing anything strenous (regardless of action type) or making any standard action means you can do that single action (without penalty to rolls), but you fall unconscious and take 1 hp damage (putting you at -1 and bleeding out each round).
R1T18: Vakrissa flies into the room without heed of what is in there. Since the rhagodessa is focused on Darrius, it doesn't make an AOO as she flies overhead to the other side of the thing. She hits the thing for 8 damage with her scythe, and yells out, "Lazer! Darrius is bleeding badly and looks like he's barely hanging in there!"

R1T17: Darrius, you are at 0 hit points, disabled, and held by two of this thing's pedipalps. You barely have any breath or life remaining. Any effort, you feel, is beyond you. What do you do?

Celiss, you're on deck.

I/S
Rhagodessa: 21. (46:54).
* 6 HD. Pedipalps +9 (x2, no damage) and bite +7 (1d8+6). Grp +13.
Vakrissa: 18.
Darrius: 17. Disabled.
Celiss: 11.
Korian: 10. Child of Shadow (concealment: 20%).
Lazer: 7.
...............................................

D2: 2 rogues (no potions, only one rapier, sap, hand xbow, and 9 bolts w/ 2 doses urchin venom).
D25: R1(-4); R5(-4) unconscious. R2/3 dead. R4(7) and R6(4) bound. Potions used/ taken.

lostsole31
2011-05-31, 10:17 PM
R1T17: Celiss, knowing what sort of damage this creature can do, casts a defensive spell and carefully moves so that she can see into the room, standing at the doorway.

R1T10: Korian comes in on all fours, pushing past Celiss and then to the side as the cloudy air around him that partially conceals him melts away. He gets into a more feral stance and growls, slashing with both claws ... even though he moved to get here. The first misses as the second claw goes into its body for 5 damage ... a pittance.

R1T7: Lazer rushes in and around the opposite side from Korian. He casts CLW and touches Darrius for 9 healing ... and to think Lazer seems upset with that, as that is about maximum for any CLW Darrius has ever felt!

R1T6: Darrius's eyes seem to lose focus as the pain tears through his body and he gags on his own cries, though he feels better for Lazer's healing. He tries to swing his hands to get in a good shock, but misses.

End Round One, Begin Round Two...

R2T21: The pedipalps actualy make it much easier for the rhagodessa to bite, but infused with healing magic Darrius gives as good a struggle as he can get and the bite finds no purchase.

R2T18: Vakrissa takes out the potion Lazer handed her, and she feeds it down Darrius' gullet for 7 healing.

R2T11: Celiss, you are facing this thing, and this thing - whose agility matches your own - is involved in a grapple. What do you do?

I/S
Rhagodessa: 21. (41:54).
* 6 HD. Pedipalps +9 (x2, no damage) and bite +7 (1d8+6). Grp +13.
Vakrissa: 18.
Celiss: 11. Shield.
Korian: 10. Child of Shadow (concealment: 20%).
Lazer: 7.
Darrius: 6
...............................................

D2: 2 rogues (no potions, only one rapier, sap, hand xbow, and 9 bolts w/ 2 doses urchin venom).
D25: R1(-4); R5(-4) unconscious. R2/3 dead. R4(7) and R6(4) bound. Potions used/ taken.

lostsole31
2011-06-01, 01:33 AM
R2T11: Celiss takes stock of the situation and lashes out at the rhagodessa, hoping to both deal significant damage and draw its attention away from her wounded ally and onto her-after all, she was uninjured and protected by multiple spells, so it would be better if it spent time attacking her than her allies at the moment. Her first attack goes wide as the creature thrashes with its 'prize,' but her second attack does a solid 9 damage.

R2T10: Korian makes a quick gesture with his claws, and they (and his bite) trail frost. His first claw is a wild miss, but the second digs right into center of mass for 6 weapon and 6 cold damage. He then bites for 7 + 8 damage (max on both).

R2T7: Flanking with Korian and seeing this thing barely plodding, Lazer tries a Hail Mary swing with his warhammer and misses.

R2T6: Darrius, what do you do?

I/S
Rhagodessa: 21. (5:54).
* 6 HD. Pedipalps +9 (x2, no damage) and bite +7 (1d8+6). Grp +13.
Vakrissa: 18.
Celiss: 11. Shield.
Korian: 10. Blood in the water.
Lazer: 7.
Darrius: 6
...............................................

D2: 2 rogues (no potions, only one rapier, sap, hand xbow, and 9 bolts w/ 2 doses urchin venom).
D25: R1(-4); R5(-4) unconscious. R2/3 dead. R4(7) and R6(4) bound. Potions used/ taken.

lostsole31
2011-06-01, 07:06 PM
R2T6: With fight still in him, mostly thanks to a fairly massive chunk of restorative magic, Darrius struggles with the thing and tries to lay his hand upon it again, but misses, the pedipalps wrapping around him almost to pin him.

End Round Two, Begin Round Three ...

R3T21: Both pedipals help the monster hold Darrius more securely so as to bite more accuratey, and it does 13 damage to the held man's shoulder, once again coming just short of dropping him.

R3T18: "F*** this," curses Vakrissa, who takes a swing with her scythe and drops it with 11 damage.

I doubt, with only 3 hps remaining, that Darrius will object to 'taking his medicine' - as in his own potion of CLW - as instructed by the party M.D., though it only helps with 5 damage.

Because of the amount of damage he has taken, Vakrissa suggests she be allowed to use a spell that will do more in a minute than Lazer's faster healing spells. She casts a spell on Darrius, and he heals 1 hp a round for about 75 or so seconds, healing him of 12 damage. He only has light scratches, so he is good to go for now.

A quick search of the room reveals only the two locked doors. One to the north, and one to the east (not counting the entrance door to the west. Darrius checks the door to the north, and pops the locke quickly. The chain went into a door trap, and this 5x5 room is nothing but a winch room with the chain going into the wall. Lazer figures that this chain can be used to pull the rhagodessa close to this door from another foom's handle, so that safe passage may be granted.

Nothing is heard at the eastern door, and no traps are found. Darrius pops the lock very easily this time ... he's getting the hang of this.

Before going in, does Darrius change his essentia lineup, or is he good for now. Remember that stealth really isn't an option now; it's primarily CQB.


I/S
Vakrissa: 18.
Celiss: 11. Shield.
Korian: 10. Blood in the water.
Lazer: 7.
Darrius: 6
...............................................

D2: 2 rogues (no potions, only one rapier, sap, hand xbow, and 9 bolts w/ 2 doses urchin venom).
D25: R1(-4); R5(-4) unconscious. R2/3 dead. R4(7) and R6(4) bound. Potions used/ taken.

lostsole31
2011-06-02, 12:32 PM
Lazer nods and says, "Yes, after that rhagodessa we need someone whose ability to weather a sudden attack if an enemy gets a jump on the point-man ... or woman.

"Darrius, if you can hide and move in behind the rest of us for a sneak attack. Vakrissa, you're after Celiss, then Korian, then myself."

Darrius, behind all the light-users, uses their numbers and shadows to hide himself. Lazer nods, and Celiss opens the door.

Celiss opens the door. The room is 15' wide and 10' to the next side. The door is in the middle of the entering wall, and there is a door on the far side, but to the right. 10' directly across from Celiss, is not a lotus thief - at least not a rank and file human one. It is a muscular, savage humanoid of about 7' tall. Coarse hair covers most of its body. Its mouth is full of long, sharp fangs, and its nose is much like that of a bear. On second glance, however, Celiss notices that this is no ordinary, um... unordinary ... humanoid. Its hair is mangy and in patches, its skin is ashy and necrotic in some places. There is a glazed look on its eyes, and even a film over one of them. And there is a smell of death about it. Celiss might not know what kind .... but she has this feeling that this thing might not be alive.

R1T20: Celiss, it is 10' from you (means you only need to take a 5' step to get to it) and straight ahead. What do you do?

I/S
Celiss: 20.
Bugbear Zombie: 18.
Lazer: 9.
Vakrissa: 8.
Korian: 7. Blood in the water.
Darrius: 6.9. HiPS.
...............................................

D2: 2 rogues (no potions, only one rapier, sap, hand xbow, and 9 bolts w/ 2 doses urchin venom).
D25: R1(-4); R5(-4) unconscious. R2/3 dead. R4(7) and R6(4) bound. Potions used/ taken.

lostsole31
2011-06-02, 02:35 PM
R1T20: Celiss prepares to cast a spell for a moment, but decides against it after a moment. "There's an undead-looking thing in here," she says to the others.

She moves forwards and lashes out twice, hoping to turn this thing into an un-undead quickly. Her first attack doesn't connect the way she hoped it to, and the second gets past its shield to thwack hard into its hide ... with no effect.It carries a light wooden shield and a morningstar. And, hey ... a 20 is still a hit is still a hit.
R1T18: A little faster than expected for Celiss, it swings its morningstar and clocks Celiss in the head for 8 damage.

R1T9: Lazer steps up to the doorway and has to make a hard choice. Instead of casting CLW, he touches Celiss with the power of goodness, a bane to evil. [Protection from evil.]

R1T8: [Yeah, the heroes all did lousy on initiative except Celiss ... at least that kept it from going first to the doorway and forcing everyone to fight in a line that can't move around...] Vakrissa does a sloppy job of acrobatics, but just enough to keep from provoking an AOO. She comes in and around to the thing's right. She tries to cast CLW defensively, but this monster is too deadly looking and the druid balks at so horrid a creature ... she loses her only CLW, and Celiss isn't healed.

R1T7: Lazer calls out, "I don't know what the creature was, but I know what it is. It's a zombie. Undead, sure, but highly resistant to all but slashing weapons. Celiss, you're going to do better with that short sword you're holding - or your spells - than you are with your fists. Darrius, its dead and held together through foul necromancy. It doesn't need blood or organs so there are no 'sweet spots' to target on it."

Korian comes in, and switches his stance back to that frosty form and acrobatically tries to get around to this thing's left to flank with Vakrissa. But he opens himself up and the zombie hits him on the lower hip/ buttocks for 6 damage. Korian then does that strange, "I moved but I use two claws," maneuver, but the pain in his lower back throws off both slashes.

R1T6: Darrius, you are 30' from this thing, and it would take you 35' of movement to get to one side or other of Celiss to threaten this thing. What do you do?

I/S
Celiss: 20. Protection from evil til end R21T9.
Bugbear Zombie: 18.
Lazer: 9.
Vakrissa: 8.
Korian: 7. Blood in the water.
Darrius: 6.9. HiPS.
...............................................

D2: 2 rogues (no potions, only one rapier, sap, hand xbow, and 9 bolts w/ 2 doses urchin venom).
D25: R1(-4); R5(-4) unconscious. R2/3 dead. R4(7) and R6(4) bound. Potions used/ taken.

lostsole31
2011-06-02, 04:32 PM
R1T6: As Darrius moves into the room under cover of stealth he frowns at the deathly pallor to the creature and Lazer's advice. Relying upon his stealth rather than acrobatics, he simply moves around to get to the opposite right-front-diagonal position of the creature, whose back is against the wall. He reaches out with his electro-gauntlet to touch the zombie right in the belly for 6 electricity damage as Darrius - who was spotted by most of the party, becomes more visible.

Darrius has never seen anything like what Korian does ... it doesn't seem like a spell, a spell-like ability, and matching it with the wilderness-man that Korian is, Darrius can't think of a planar analogy to his fighting style. It seems natural, fluid, beautiful, and he invokes these things as easily as you attack with a dagger. These are nothing even like soulmelds ... they are seemingly abilities or training, not 'artificial constructs granting abilities.'

End Round One, Begin Round Two ...

R2T20: Celiss, what do you do? The zombie is hemmed in from all sides (its back is to the wall) save its left-front-diagonal. Being a zombie, it has no reason to move with enemies there, and no tactical understanding of repositioning.

I/S
Celiss: 20. Protection from evil til end R21T9.
Bugbear Zombie: 18. (72:80).
Lazer: 9.
Vakrissa: 8.
Korian: 7.
Darrius: 6.9.
...............................................

D2: 2 rogues (no potions, only one rapier, sap, hand xbow, and 9 bolts w/ 2 doses urchin venom).
D25: R1(-4); R5(-4) unconscious. R2/3 dead. R4(7) and R6(4) bound. Potions used/ taken.

lostsole31
2011-06-03, 04:53 AM
R2T20: Celiss takes a swipe at the creature with her sword, hoping to cut into and through the creature's ribcage. It may be undead, but simply hacking apart organs until it fell over was an option, and a good one, too, it seemed. Celiss wasn't even sure if decapitating it would suffice to make it re-dead. Her stab into its ribs into soft, squishy (putrefying) organs within is a solid hit for 1 mod damage. The dwarf wielding the warhammer thought you could cut with a short sword, and it turns out this wasn't useful.

Lazer sheepishly says, "Sorry, I prefer crunching weapons or a dagger. Thought the short sword could cut. You really need to start carrying a dagger."No, you're not flanking it.

Its back is to the wall. Vakrissa and Korian flank it. Darrius is attacking from a front-diagonal square while the other front-diagonal square is open. You (Celiss) are face-to-face, flanking with the ...... wall behind it.
R2T18: In response, the zombie swings at Celiss and misses.

R2T9: Lazer delays...

R2T8: Vakrissa attacks with her scythe, but this creepy thing bothers her and she misses.

R2T7: *Rr-Awrr!*

Korian enters his bloodlust after getting hit by the zombie. 2 claws and a bite hit for 10 damage total.

R2T6.9: Darrius?

I/S
Celiss: 20. Protection from evil til end R21T9.
Bugbear Zombie: 18. (61:80).
Lazer: 9. Delaying...
Vakrissa: 8.
Korian: 7. Enter bloodlust!!!
Darrius: 6.9.
...............................................

D2: 2 rogues (no potions, only one rapier, sap, hand xbow, and 9 bolts w/ 2 doses urchin venom).
D25: R1(-4); R5(-4) unconscious. R2/3 dead. R4(7) and R6(4) bound. Potions used/ taken.

[/QUOTE]

lostsole31
2011-06-05, 04:52 AM
R2T6.9: Darrius chuckles as he feels the weight of several weapons weighing him down, "Daggers for sale! Get them while they're hot! You want one?"

He pulls out his masterwork dagger and holds it out to Celiss.Normally, with daggers of varying quality .... w/o you specifying "mastework" it would've been the normal one. However, since the normal one is that concealed, wrist-sheath one, the masterwork makes the most sense.

End Round Two, Begin Round Three ...

R3T20: Celiss grabs the dagger (Darrius is forward and to her left) and slashes the zombie in the gut for max (7) damage.

R3T18: The zombie swings its morningstar at Celiss. Even with her various protections (incl. Lazer's spell), the morningstar cracks her in her right upper arm for 9 damage. She is very badly wounded now.

R3T17: Lazer casts CLW on Celiss for 7 healing.

R3T8: Vakrissa cuts the zombie's right forearm for 10 damage.

R3T7: Even in bloodlust, Korian's claws and teeth trail frost. Though the bite misses, both claws come ripping across for a total of 14 slashing and 10 cold damage.

R3T6: Darrius?

I/S
Celiss: 20. Protection from evil til end R21T9.
Bugbear Zombie: 18. (20:80).
Lazer: 17.
Vakrissa: 8.
Korian: 7. Enter bloodlust!!!
Darrius: 6.9.
...............................................

D2: 2 rogues (no potions, only one rapier, sap, hand xbow, and 9 bolts w/ 2 doses urchin venom).
D25: R1(-4); R5(-4) unconscious. R2/3 dead. R4(7) and R6(4) bound. Potions used/ taken.

lostsole31
2011-06-06, 01:09 AM
R3T6: With Celiss properly armed, Darrius returns to the attack. He reaches out with his palm yet again with hopes of shocking the dead creature yet again, hitting it in the right shoulder for 8 electricity damage.

End Round Three, Begin Round Four ...

R4T20: Celiss?

I/S
Celiss: 20. Protection from evil til end R21T9.
Bugbear Zombie: 18. (12:80).
Lazer: 17.
Vakrissa: 8.
Korian: 7. Enter bloodlust!!!
Darrius: 6.9.
...............................................

D2: 2 rogues (no potions, only one rapier, sap, hand xbow, and 9 bolts w/ 2 doses urchin venom).
D25: R1(-4); R5(-4) unconscious. R2/3 dead. R4(7) and R6(4) bound. Potions used/ taken.

lostsole31
2011-06-07, 01:21 AM
R4T20: Celiss, glad that she now has an effective weapon, will focus on defense rather than offense, hoping to avoid further injury at the undead hands of this...undead. She has amazing defense, but misses her attack.

R4T18: Having zapped the zombie last, it responds to the stimulus by smacking Darrius in the head - failing to crit but threatening - for 12 mod damage.

R4T17: Lazer steps forward through Celiss's square - on his way to get trhough Darrius' square, but the zombie crits him in the back for 9 damage. He passes by his teammates on the far side and casts CLW to heal him of all damage.

R4T8: Vakrissa cuts the zombie right in the neck for 8 damage. Its head is barely attached.

R4T7: A single blood-furied claw swipe for 6 damage is all that is needed to knock the zombie's head off and make the thing drop. Korian's blood fury ends now that the enemy that hurt him is dead.

Combat Ends ...

Celiss and Lazer both suffer from the same level of wounds, and Korian is far less wounded. Lazer has only one healing spell left, and demands Celiss take it ... she's the front-liner, after all.

"We need to get out of here. I have nothing left. There is no guarantee of finding another thief beyond that door with healing potions. Another zombie like that, and who knows what will happen. I bought several manacles earlier, which Korian has been kind enough to carry. There are four unconscious rogues and two that are comatose. Let us do what we can to litter or escort them to the Guildhall, above, and then to the Sunrise Garrison. Paid off or not, that's our job. Any questions?"

Celiss, Darrius ... any problems with what he said? Vakrissa has two spells remaining ... and it would take an hour of meditation in alerted enemy territory to change them to healing spells ... which she doesn't want to do in this false underground maze, so disconnected from real nature. Lazer, who has proven himself far more incredible with his CLWs than you thought possible ... is tapped out, even after using those several potions of CLWs. Korian is estimated at 3/4 health.

I/S
Celiss: 20. Protection from evil til end R21T9.
Lazer: 17.
Vakrissa: 8.
Korian: 7.
Darrius: 6.9.
...............................................

D2: 2 rogues (no potions, only one rapier, sap, hand xbow, and 9 bolts w/ 2 doses urchin venom).
D25: R1(-4); R5(-4) unconscious. R2/3 dead. R4(7) and R6(4) bound. Potions used/ taken.

lostsole31
2011-06-14, 02:37 PM
Lazer recommends more training and the like to wake up the mind and body, and then heading out in the early afternoon after a light lunch. Vakrissa will spend the morning in meditation in the grove in Sunrise, and you will meet up with her there. Lazer will spend the morning in prayer for the day's task. Celiss and Korian - incorporating techniques taught to Korian by Vakrissa - will meditate together to learn to increase mental focus with distractions; including one pestering another while the other tries to concentrate. This leaves Darrius to engage in a variety of calisthenics and cardio exercises.
.......................................

Time to go, and the party gets to Sunrise District to meet up with Vakrissa. She joins up with you, and now the party in full force heads towards the Taxidermist's Guildhall.

Celiss, Darrius (but not his soulspark familiar), Korian, & Vakrissa ... all notice a street-urchin attempting (and failing) to lift Lazer's purse.

S22: Vakrissa is the first to respond, and catches the young boy around the ankle with the scythe (not cutting) but he jumps as she tries to pull him down.

S19: Celiss, it would only take you a 5-foot step to get to the boy (of about 10 or so years). What do you do?

I/S
Vakrissa: 22.
Celiss: 19.
Korian: 18.
Darrius: 15.
Urchin: 12.
Lazer: 9. SURPRISED!!!

lostsole31
2011-06-15, 08:15 AM
S19: Celiss steps towards the boy, preparing to trip the boy if he tries to make an escape. I'd advise not running. It'll only end up in getting knocked over for you.

S18: Korian readies himself to pounce.

S15: Darrius? (Your soul spark, is 'riding' right now, of course. Having acted as your 'secondary eyes and ears' it was looking in other directions. Its focus will not be with you until round one.)

I/S
Vakrissa: 22.
Celiss: 19.
Korian: 18.
Darrius: 15.
Urchin: 12.
Lazer: 9. SURPRISED!!!

lostsole31
2011-06-15, 10:10 PM
S15: Darrius catches sight of the boy and with a few quick steps moves to put himself on the other side of the boy from Celiss. He doesn't intend to harm the kid, but he's ready to catch him if the boy tries to run.You had to do a 15' move to do the 'move around,' meaning you have no readied action. However, you do take a standard action to suppress the electricity on your gauntlets.
S12: The boy sees Celiss getting ready to knock him down and he gets very defense while trying to bolt past her. It's not enough though, and Celiss was more than ready to easily bowl the boy over, ruining his move action.

"Help! Help! I'm being attacked!" he cries.

S11.9: Korian pounces on the boy, holding him down and shutting his mouth with his scary claws.

Round One ...

R1T22: Vakrissa puts her scythe's inward curve on the boy's ankle and says, "If you yell or struggle anymore, I shall hobble you ... and you can't be a good pickpocket if you are discovered and cannot run away."

The boy still struggles.

R1T15: Darrius, what do you do?

I/S
Vakrissa: 22.
Darrius: 15.
Celiss: 12.2
Urchin: 12.
Korian: 11.9
Lazer: 9.

lostsole31
2011-06-22, 08:55 PM
Meanwhile, Lazer casts protection from evil on Vakrissa, Darrius, and Celiss. Vakrissa casts two spells on herself (barskin & bull's strength). She then concentrates as a shimmering field of force wavers briefly - not unlike a shield spell to Celiss at all, but without any components (material, verbal, somatic). SLA, maybe? Neither Celiss nor Darrius know for sure.

Rowyn doesn't cast any spells. She simply takes her masterwork rapier in one hand, sets her buckler on her left arm. With her buckler arm, she takes out her masterwork crossbow, with a gooey-substance-coated bolt already knocked.

She nods for things to begin.

It is the split-second before fighting breaks out. The gunfighter stare begins ... Celiss with Rowyn, and Darrius with the felldrake. Celiss, Darrius, do you try to outstare them and show your true grit, or do you simply not deal with such bravado and tomfoolery?
I/S
Gut Tugger: 19.
Korian: 18. Mage armor.
Celiss: 15. Mage armor. Shield. Protection from evil.
Vakrissa: 8.
* Mage armor. Protection from evil. Barkskin +2.
* Force screen.
Darrius: 7.9. Mage armor. Protection from evil.
** Familiar: +2E.
Rowyn Kellani: 7.
Lazer: 6. Mage armor.

lostsole31
2011-06-23, 05:37 PM
Darrius ignores the glare, already looking for openings in the stance of the woman and her pet. Meanwhile, Celiss never did learn how to manifest what some martial artists refer to as 'warrior spirit.' She is glared down before she even readies herself.

Rowena sighs and looks with regret and looks to her pet. "Gut Tugger! Do your thing!"

R1T19: Gut Tugger launches with surprising reflexes at Darrius, who is totally off-guard. The creature seems to know just where it hurts as it bites - with a mouth of teeth that are longer and stronger than expected - right into Darrius' shoulder for 24 mod damage. The man's collarbone and shoulder crack and his lung is punctured as he drops. Gut Tugger then steps forward to straddle the fallen hero, and now threatens Vakrissa from her side and Lazer.

R1T15: Celiss, you feel uneasy fighting the likes of Rowyn, and Darrius was dropped from a single bite. It has a big row of teeth and is strong, but it seems a lot of that damage was from 'dirty fighting.' Lazer is still in range for a healing/stabilize spell to Darrius. You have Rowyn in front of you; empty space forward-left (where Lazer originally told you to clear); Vakrissa to your left; Lazer rear-left of you; empty space behind you; a wall to all right squares. What do you do?

I/S
Gut Tugger: 19. Vakrissa (L), Lazer (LF).
Korian: 18. Mage armor. DELAYING!!!
Celiss: 15. -1 morale penalty attk/ dmg vs Rowyn.
* Mage armor. Shield. Protection from evil.
Vakrissa: 8.
* Mage armor. Protection from evil. Barkskin +2.
* Force screen.
Darrius' Soulspark Familiar: 7.9.
Rowyn Kellani: 7. +1 morale bonus attk/dmg vs Celiss.
Lazer: 6. Mage armor.

DYING
Darrius: 7.9. Mage armor. Protection from evil.

lostsole31
2011-06-24, 11:08 PM
R1T15: Celiss, worried by Darrius' sudden fall, shifts her stance to a far more defensive one than normal, taking a single stab at her enemy with her sword, the awkward angle of her attack causing its accuracy to suffer greatly.

R1T8: Vakrissa, seeing the terrible power and strength of Gut Tugger, slashes with her scythe but misses.

R1T7.9: Darrius' soulspark fires at Gut Tugger but misses.

R1T7: Celiss, Rowyn goes to shoot you with her masterwork hand crossbow (held in her buckler hand). She does so with an extremely keen eye for defense, but it still opens her up for an AOO. You stab again, far better this time, but her rapier blocks it away. Her focus on defending against you doesn't help her against Vakrissa's scythe which hits Rowyn in the right shoulder for 12 damage. Her attack isn't stopped, though, as the small bolt misses critting you in the elbow and you only take 1 damage.

Celiss, roll a Fortitude save ...

I/S
Gut Tugger: 19. Vakrissa (L), Lazer (LF).
Korian: 18. Mage armor. DELAYING!!!
Celiss: 15. -1 morale penalty attk/ dmg vs Rowyn.
* Mage armor. Shield. Protection from evil.
Vakrissa: 8.
* Mage armor. Protection from evil. Barkskin +2.
* Force screen.
Darrius' Soulspark Familiar: 7.9.
Rowyn Kellani: 7. +1 morale bonus attk/dmg vs Celiss.
Lazer: 6. Mage armor.

DYING
Darrius: 7.9. Mage armor. Protection from evil.

lostsole31
2011-06-25, 03:31 PM
The bolt hurts, but Celiss feels no effect of any poison.

R1T6: Lazer concentrates defensively on a spell, but loses it in the face of Gut Tugger.

End Round One, Begin Round Two ...

R2T19: Seeing Vakrissa as the greater threat (between herself and Lazer), Gut Tugger attacks the druid, but fails to get through her armor.

R2T15: Celiss, what are you doing to do?

I/S
Gut Tugger: 19.
Korian: 18. Mage armor. DELAYING!!!
Celiss: 15. -1 morale penalty attk/ dmg vs Rowyn.
* Mage armor. Shield. Protection from evil.
Vakrissa: 8.
* Mage armor. Protection from evil. Barkskin +2.
* Force screen.
Darrius' Soulspark Familiar: 7.9.
Rowyn Kellani: 7. +1 morale bonus attk/dmg vs Celiss.
Lazer: 6. Mage armor.

DYING
Darrius: 7.9. Mage armor. Protection from evil.
[/QUOTE]

lostsole31
2011-06-25, 07:17 PM
R2T15: Celiss stays on the defensive, hoping to simply wear down her opponent rather than risk being dropped like Darrius was. This time the blade has a better angle, and Celiss hopes that she can hit her thus far elusive opponent, but Rowyn simply makes a slight adjustment to move entirely out of the way.

R2T8: Vakrissa recognizes Gut Tugger for the extreme threat he is. She aerobatically gets 5' altitude without him getting an opening, fights with strategy (CE2), and then attacks but her scythe is knocked aside by the felldrake's scales.

"Korian, on my mark!" calls Lazer.

R2T7.9: Darrius' familiar blasts Gut Tugger in his right upper arm for 5 essentia damage.

R2T7: "Excellent," says Rowyn. "You are as tough as you aren't beautiful, as tough as you look. So at least the gods weren't wholly unkind to you."

She drops her masterwork hand crossbow on the deck, pulls out a wand from her belt with her buckler arm, and then says, "Let us see if there is a part of you that is more reasonable, hmmm?"

She points the wand at you, Celiss, and she says, "Tell you what, worthy warrior ... help me defeat your less wise fellows here, and I shall save your friend's life. I shall support your combat and wizardly arts with the best teachers and the quiet sponsorship of a more highly placed noble house. Heck, I'm not even asking you to kill them ... just help me defeat them. If this latter is more to your liking, then I at least promise that I shall not kill them."

Celiss, roll a Will saving throw vs a DC of 12, or be affected by a charm person spell.

I/S
Gut Tugger: 19.
Korian: 18. Mage armor. DELAYING!!!
Celiss: 15. -1 morale penalty attk/ dmg vs Rowyn. FD.
* Mage armor. Shield. Protection from evil.
Vakrissa: 8. 5' altitude. CE2.
* Mage armor. Protection from evil. Barkskin +2.
* Force screen.
Darrius' Soulspark Familiar: 7.9.
Rowyn Kellani: 7. Wand of charm person in buckler hand.
* +1 morale bonus attk/dmg vs Celiss.
Lazer: 6. Mage armor.

DYING
Darrius: 7.9. Mage armor. Protection from evil.

lostsole31
2011-06-26, 11:43 AM
R2T6: This time, Lazer's concentration is pure adamantine and a tiny mote of healing energy is put into Darrius' body, just enough to stop the bleeding.

End Round 2, Begin Round 3 ...

R3T19: Gut Tugger growls at the mote of blue light that is in his square. So far, it is the only thing to hurt him. He bites the familiar for 14 damage.

R3T18: "Now, Korian!" yells Lazer.

Korian sets up a totally defensive kata and tumbles in past Lazer and Vakrissa, and ending up on the far wall - threatening Celiss and Gut Tugger at the center of the back wall.

R3T15: "Your will will disintegrate soon enough!" says Rowyn to Celiss. Celiss, what do you do?

I/S
Gut Tugger: 19.
Korian: 18. Mage armor. TD.
Celiss: 15. -1 morale penalty attk/ dmg vs Rowyn. FD.
* Mage armor. Shield. Protection from evil.
Vakrissa: 8. 5' altitude. CE2.
* Mage armor. Protection from evil. Barkskin +2.
* Force screen.
Darrius' Soulspark Familiar: 7.9.
Rowyn Kellani: 7. Wand of charm person in buckler hand.
* +1 morale bonus attk/dmg vs Celiss.
Lazer: 6. Mage armor.

STABLE
Darrius: 7.9. Mage armor. Protection from evil.

lostsole31
2011-06-26, 08:23 PM
R3T15: Celiss shrugs. "I'm hoping that that will happen after we finish this battle, as opposed to during," she says, lowering her defense to try a punch-kick combo on her enemy. Rowyn bats the fist away with her rapier and avoids the kick.

R3T8: Vakrissa continues using tactical defense (CE2) and attacks so that her scythe smacks hard against Gut Tugger, but stopped by its respectable scales.

R3T7.9: The soulspark doesn't fail to hit, though, blasting Gut Tugger for 4 essentia damage.

R2T7: Rowyn says, "Actually, that's exactly what I was hoping to achieve. Now, the same deal is on the table as before..."

... and she activates the wand again. Celiss, roll a Will save.

I/S
Gut Tugger: 19.
Korian: 18. Mage armor. TD.
Celiss: 15. -1 morale penalty attk/ dmg vs Rowyn. FD.
* Mage armor. Shield. Protection from evil.
Vakrissa: 8. 5' altitude. CE2.
* Mage armor. Protection from evil. Barkskin +2.
* Force screen.
Darrius' Soulspark Familiar: 7.9.
Rowyn Kellani: 7. Wand of charm person in buckler hand.
* +1 morale bonus attk/dmg vs Celiss.
Lazer: 6. Mage armor.

STABLE
Darrius: 7.9. Mage armor. Protection from evil.

lostsole31
2011-06-27, 06:55 AM
Celiss sighs as she resists the magic, "I guess I'll use this chance to ask you to surrender - although I don't really think you'll take it."

R2T6: Lazer uses total defense.

End Round 2, Begin Round 3 ...

R3T19: Gut Tugger is infuriated at the glowing blue ball and bites down and shakes it wildly until the soulspark rips apart into blue glitter and disappears.

R3T18: Korian wraps himself in the cold mists, and his natural weapons become rimed with frost. The first claw hits Gut Tugger in the shoulder for 6 natural and 8 cold damage. The second claw slashes against Gut Tugger's forearm for 4 natural and 4 cold damage. The bite misses.

R3T15: Celiss?

I/S
Gut Tugger: 19.
Korian: 18. Mage armor. TD.
Celiss: 15. -1 morale penalty attk/ dmg vs Rowyn. FD.
* Mage armor. Shield. Protection from evil.
Vakrissa: 8. 5' altitude. CE2.
* Mage armor. Protection from evil. Barkskin +2.
* Force screen.
Rowyn Kellani: 7. Wand of charm person in buckler hand.
* +1 morale bonus attk/dmg vs Celiss.
Lazer: 6. Mage armor. TD.

STABLE
Darrius: 7.9. Mage armor. Protection from evil.

lostsole31
2011-06-27, 12:35 PM
You would have to move into Vakrissa's space to your left (provoking AOO from Celiss), then into Korian's space forward (provoking AOO from Gut Tugger, and Rowyn if she had CR), and then to the left again into the corner of the same wall opposite Rowyn. That would allow you to be adjacent to Korian and Gut Tugger.R3T15: Celiss sidesteps into space with Vakrissa, catching Korian's eye as you move in ... he sees and balls with his back up, giving you a point to step up onto his back, jump against the wall, and then down to the other side.

The first two are just fine, but the continuous movement along threatened areas finally warns the two others as you leap from Korian. Gut Tugger catches you along the hip in mid-air for 9 damage, though Rowyn misses with her rapier. Some of the damage is your tearing out of his bite with your momentum.

You finally get into the far corner, and set up a distraction Korian can use.

R3T8: Vakrissa's scythe again smacks against Gut Tugger's hide as she uses defense.

R3T7: "Ouch," Rowyn chides softly, "that looks like it hurt. You really are badly wounded. Don't you see how silly this is?"

Celiss ... yup, you guessed it. Roll a Will save with the same +4 bonus.

I/S
Gut Tugger: 19.
Korian: 18. Mage armor. TD.
Celiss: 15. -1 morale penalty attk/ dmg vs Rowyn. FD.
* Mage armor. Shield. Protection from evil.
Vakrissa: 8. 5' altitude. CE2.
* Mage armor. Protection from evil. Barkskin +2.
* Force screen.
Rowyn Kellani: 7. Wand of charm person in buckler hand.
* +1 morale bonus attk/dmg vs Celiss.
Lazer: 6. Mage armor. TD.

STABLE
Darrius: 7.9. Mage armor. Protection from evil.

lostsole31
2011-06-27, 05:53 PM
Rowyn retorts, "And you are really intent on resisting. Can't you see that this way is better? that a way is there for you to advance instead of die, and that your friends might even live?"

R3T6: Lazer takes out a wand and defensively shoots it at Gut Tugger, hitting him in the lower left leg for 3 Strength damage.

End Round 3, Begin Round 4 ...

R4T19: Gut Tugger is now feeling pressed and he strikes out at Vakrissa. He catches on her sharkskin armor, but can't seem to penetrate.

R4T18: Korian nods at Celiss and then takes a cue from her movements. He's no fool, though, and instead of capitalizing on her help for total offense, he uses it to set off his tactical defense point-for-point. He focuses his will on what weak spots he can sense, but fails to see what he was seeking, and makes a single claw swipe that misses.

R4T15: Unfortunately, the wall behind Gut Tugger is such that you can't quite flank with Lazer. Celiss, what do you do? You've noticed so far that Gut Tugger is not only quick, but his scales are particularly hard.

I/S
Gut Tugger: 19.
Korian: 18. Mage armor. CE2.
Celiss: 15. -1 morale penalty attk/ dmg vs Rowyn. FD.
* Mage armor. Shield. Protection from evil.
Vakrissa: 8. 5' altitude. CE2.
* Mage armor. Protection from evil. Barkskin +2.
* Force screen.
Rowyn Kellani: 7. Wand of charm person in buckler hand.
* +1 morale bonus attk/dmg vs Celiss.
Lazer: 6. Mage armor. FD. Wand in hand.

STABLE
Darrius: 7.9. Mage armor. Protection from evil.

lostsole31
2011-06-28, 06:01 PM
R4T15: Celiss begins to wish that she had prepared different spells - her Color Spray would be useless in this situation, and there wasn't much she could do with Shield at the moment, either.

As such, she simply continues her maneuver, distracting the draconic beast with a few swipes of her sword ...

R4T8: Vakrissa also maintains full tactical measure, and misses with her scythe.

R4T7: Rowyn nods at Celiss and drops the wand. She takes a nail-pierced hunk of leather from her pouch and casts a spell defensively. A small black dagger jets from the tip of the nail and strikes Lazer squarely in the chest.

"The curse of impending blades?" asks Lazer. "It will do you little good against me, assassin. To be a healer, I must not be squeamish with the concept of gore."Celiss, you're familiar with this spell, found in the Spell Compendium, page 56.
R4T6: Lazer looks at the felldrake and says, "It's me you want, scaly! The others can't really hurt you, but I can make you crippled with my magic. Try me on for size!"

Fighting defensively, Lazer activates the wand and the black beam shoots out but misses Gut Tugger.

End Round 4, Begin Round 5 ...

R5T19: Gut Tugger had focused, even after being affected by the wand last time, on his target. But the thought of another painful enervation and Lazer's taunting is too much. He lurches forward and bites the doctor in the left hand for 9 damage.

"Not so weak now, am I, weakling?" the felldrake grunt-hisses in Common.

R5T18: Korian drops his tactical expertise, seeing the outstanding help Celiss is providing, and Gut Tugger's focus on the physician. Korian avenges the doc with a nice claw swipe to Gut Tugger's left forepaw for 6 damage. The second claw gets him upside the head for 5 damage, which acts as a distancing maneuver as Korian comes in to bite the felldrake in the head for another 5 damage.

R5T15: Celiss?

I/S
Gut Tugger: 19.
Korian: 18. Mage armor. CE2. +3 Aid from Celiss.
Celiss: 15. -1 morale penalty attk/ dmg vs Rowyn. FD.
* Mage armor. Shield. Protection from evil.
Vakrissa: 8. 5' altitude. CE2.
* Mage armor. Protection from evil. Barkskin +2.
* Force screen.
Rowyn Kellani: 7. Wand of charm person in buckler hand.
* +1 morale bonus attk/dmg vs Celiss.
Lazer: 6. Mage armor. FD. Wand in hand.

STABLE
Darrius: 7.9. Mage armor. Protection from evil.

lostsole31
2011-06-29, 06:59 AM
R5T15: Celiss decides to go onto the attack, taking a single swipe at Gut-Tugger with her sword, but it is more agile than she expected and she misses.

R5T8: Vakrissa takes a descending diagonal cut to Gut Tugger but misses and overcommits and the angle pulls her down to be prone on the ground. :smalleek:

R5T7: Rowyn steps into the gap Celiss left behind, and now flanks Vakrissa with Gut Tugger. She stabs the fallen druid in the right knee for 8 weapon and 11 SA damage, and the wound is bleeding.

R5T6: Lazer casts CLW on Vakrissa for maximum effect (15 healing), which also stops the bleeding.

End Round 5, Begin Round 6 ...

R6T19: Gut Tugger bites Vakrissa for 6 bite and 13 SA damage.

R6T18: Korian drops his CE and goes on full offense, but misses with all attacks.

R6T15: Celiss?

I/S
Gut Tugger: 19.
Korian: 18. Mage armor.
Celiss: 15. -1 morale penalty attk/ dmg vs Rowyn. FD.
* Mage armor. Shield. Protection from evil.
Vakrissa: 8. 5' altitude.
* Mage armor. Protection from evil. Barkskin +2.
* Force screen.
Rowyn Kellani: 7. Wand of charm person in buckler hand.
* +1 morale bonus attk/dmg vs Celiss.
Lazer: 6. Mage armor. FD. Wand in hand.

STABLE
Darrius: 7.9. Mage armor. Protection from evil.
[/QUOTE]

lostsole31
2011-06-29, 05:16 PM
R6T15: Celiss lashes out at Gut Tugger twice, hoping to bring down the draconic beast and keep Vakrissa from being torn apart. Her first attack, a jab with her free hand, has a bad angle, but the second, an upward kick, is far more accurate, and catches Gut Tugger on the side of the neck for 7 damage.

R6T8: Vakrissa tries to concentrate on a healing spell, but Gut Tugger's menace ruins her concentration. She is still bleeding from the felldrake's last attack. As bad as she is, and flanked by two sneak attackers, she tries to get on her feet. Gut Tugger bites her in the head for 13 natural and 11 SA damage, while Rowyn stabs her in the upper arm for 8 weapon and 4 SA damage. With these wounds, Gut Tugger bites through and rips the top part of Vakrissa's head clean off.

There is no question she is dead, and she flops into a pile.

R6T7: Rowyn steps back the 5' to get to where she was before, picks up the wand, and points it at Celiss, "Even if the magic of the wand doesn't get you .... surrender. Two of yours have fallen. We will keep the winged one's body for Cruncher, and we'll let you have the other body."

R6T6: Lazer looks at Celiss and says in Dwarven, "We aren't going to win this. I noticed your hesitation attacking Rowyn. Darrius is OOC. Vakrissa is dead. You and I are badly wounded. If Korian gets hit, nothing will stop him from knowing when to pull out, and I'm worried that may force us to feel we have to stay behind for that. Gut Tugger has significant wounds ... but he looks like he can still take a lot more than any of us. We need to back out, tactically. I think now it is about the preservation of what life we can save, not what honor."

Celiss, roll that Will save at a +6 total bonus. Also, after that, what is your reply to Lazer? [He spoke in Dwarven, so he is probably banking on the enemy not knowing the same.]

I/S
Gut Tugger: 19.
Korian: 18. Mage armor.
Celiss: 15. -1 morale penalty attk/ dmg vs Rowyn. FD.
* Mage armor. Shield. Protection from evil.
Vakrissa: 8. Prone. Bleed 3.
* Mage armor. Protection from evil. Barkskin +2.
* Force screen.
Rowyn Kellani: 7. Wand of charm person in buckler hand.
* +1 morale bonus attk/dmg vs Celiss.
Lazer: 6. Mage armor. FD.

STABLE
Darrius: 7.9. Mage armor. Protection from evil.

lostsole31
2011-06-30, 10:45 PM
Celiss frowns, shrugging off the shock of Vakrissa's death and Rowyn's spell with the same mental partitioning, keeping her mind focused. "What will happen to us if we do surrender?"

She asks, tensing to react.

A voice from outside says in a gruff, accented voice .... "MOVE, priest! WITHDRAW!!!"

Lazer withdraws, and stepping into where he was ....

End Round 6, Begin Round 7 ...

R7T22: Quickslayer, the feral gargun you rescued from the Blue Nixie (and former guardian of Korian) comes into the room and goes to move into the spot occupied by Vakrissa's body. He tries to do so w/o provoking an AOO from Gut Tugger, but the crafty felldrake is faster than Quickslayer expected and bites him in the left forearm for 12 damage.

Quickslayer is decked out in all manner of blue things. First, he wears a three-sided mask that hovers in front of his face that branches into the three monstrous heads of a chimera. Three pairs of eyes look out on the world at once, three heads direct his actions, and three sets of savage jaws slaver for prey. Then, he has a two pairs of ghostly arms sprouting from his midsection, looking vaguely like gorilla arms. Lastly, his claws seem even more wicked and sport blue furry tufts.

One of the extra arms grabs onto Gut Tugger's right upper arm and the felldrake doesn't seem to be able to do anything against the creepy blue arm which crushes for 6 damage and moves into the dragon's square.

"Ka'Xet!" Quickslayer cries, "Come in and then immediately forward to attack that woman with the tattoos!"

R7T21: Ka'Xet moves in as directed.

Ka'Xet, you have a standard action open, and no doubt your mindblade is already active. You are now facing off this tattooed woman with a rapier and buckler. What do you do? Also, describe yourself.

I/S
Quickslayer: 22. Grappling Gut Tugger.
Ka'Xet: 21.
Gut Tugger: 19. Grappled by Quickslayer.
Korian: 18. Mage armor.
Celiss: 15. -1 morale penalty attk/ dmg vs Rowyn. FD.
* Mage armor. Shield. Protection from evil.
Vakrissa: 8. Prone. Bleed 3.
* Mage armor. Protection from evil. Barkskin +2.
* Force screen.
Rowyn Kellani: 7. Wand of charm person in buckler hand.
* +1 morale bonus attk/dmg vs Celiss.
Lazer: 6. Mage armor. FD.

STABLE
Darrius: 7.9. Mage armor. Protection from evil.
[/QUOTE]

lostsole31
2011-07-01, 06:52 AM
R7T21: The newcomer moves in as directed.Ka'Xet looks like a fairly typical Xeph, that is to say, his skin is yellow, and he has black hair and eyes. He's short, even for a Xeph, standing all of 5'2", but he's solidly built. His clothing is quite quite sturdy, as though he lives for life on the road. His long black queue is bound by silvery rings. His outer garments are a mottled leather duster, dark brown pants and a dark grey vest, the shine of silver peeks out from under the vest, indicating a mithral chain shirt underneath. He wears thick black boots, carries a kukri at his side and a masterwork bow on his back. Oddly, the kukri isn't drawn. In his left hand is a glowing blade the color of emeralds about the length of a short sword. His face is friendly, relaxed and unafraid.

Wai-ul 'allo lil' nannotchka, Let's 'ave us a look at your gutty-wuts, eh?

He darts in for an attack on Rowyn, but misses wildly.

R7T19: Gut Tugger desperately tries to break free of Quickslayer's hold, but is totally outclassed.

R7T18: Korian looks at Rowyn, now that Gut Tugger is occupied. "Time for you, bitch!"

He slashes her across the belly for 4 points, but his other claw and bite miss or are deflected.

R7T15: Celiss, since you're stuck in the corner, do you pound on Gut Tugger while he's held?

I/S
Quickslayer: 22. Grappling Gut Tugger.
Ka'Xet: 21.
Gut Tugger: 19. Grappled by Quickslayer.
Korian: 18. Mage armor.
Celiss: 15. -1 morale penalty attk/ dmg vs Rowyn. FD.
* Mage armor. Shield. Protection from evil.
Vakrissa: 8. Prone. Bleed 3.
* Mage armor. Protection from evil. Barkskin +2.
* Force screen.
Rowyn Kellani: 7. Wand of charm person in buckler hand.
* +1 morale bonus attk/dmg vs Celiss.
Lazer: 6. Mage armor. FD.

STABLE
Darrius: 7.9. Mage armor. Protection from evil.
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

lostsole31
2011-07-01, 12:45 PM
R7T15: Celiss, relieved and surprised by the sudden arrival of Quickslayer and Ka'Xet and the bizarre humanoid with the strange 'fake' sword of light, takes her hand from her spell component pouches and lashes out with her sword again, hoping to bring Gut Tugger down quickly, but his scales are very hard to penetrate.

R7T7: Rowyn snickers at the ridiculous combat 'prowess' of the new person, and focuses her rage at the creature that just cut her across her belly. She makes a deceptive thrust and then follows it up after a disengage, on the other line ... only to glance off of the mage armor.

R7T6: Lazer seemed to withdraw out of the room entirely, but merely took a 5-foot step out of sight, but now he is fully healed. He moves to the point he had formally stood, and with Gut Tugger grappled he drags Darrius 5' (but only with tremendous effort) into his own square.

End Round 7, Begin Round 8 ...

R8T22: All of the blue arms are used to maintain the grapple, wrenching Gut Tugger for 11 and 9 damage. At the same time, all three heads bite (and miss), while of his two natural claws one actually hits for 9 damage.

Gut Tugger goes limp as Quickslayer drops him. Quickslayer takes a 50-foot step into the area where Vakrissa lies (bounded at diagonals by the new humanoid and Korian).

R8T21: Ka'Xet, that deceive she gave Korian was incredible, but she lacked the swordsmanship to make it work for her. What do you do?

I/S
Quickslayer: 22. Grappling Gut Tugger.
Ka'Xet: 21.
Korian: 18. Mage armor.
Celiss: 15. -1 morale penalty attk/ dmg vs Rowyn. FD.
* Mage armor. Shield. Protection from evil.
Rowyn Kellani: 7. Wand of charm person in buckler hand.
* +1 morale bonus attk/dmg vs Celiss.
Lazer: 6. Mage armor. FD.

DYING
Gut Tugger: 19. Grappled by Quickslayer.

STABLE
Darrius: 7.9. Mage armor. Protection from evil.

lostsole31
2011-07-02, 12:33 AM
R8T21: "Well, nannotchka," says Ka'Xet, "le's 'ave anuther pass, 'aye? Now lessee some ruby-red!"

Swing and a miss ... this woman has some crazy good parrying/ deflection/ warding skills.

R8T18: Korian goes back to using as good as he can with similar tactical combat - though only half as good as Rowyn. He does manage to graze her across the neck with a claw for 5 damage.

R8T15: Celiss, you really can't do anything from your spot, and there's no room to go anywhere else here. Color spray is likewise going to get a lot of friendlies ... you delay.

R8T7: Rowyn is crying at the death of her pet, "Goodbye, Gut Tugger. I shall avenge you."

She tries to palm something into her hands from her belt (with her buckler hand), but Ka'Xet and Korian notice this (though Quickslayer doesn't) and she is open for a split second. Ka'Xet makes a beautiful stab into her belly (crit!) for 13 damage, though Korian misses.

You (all) see now that she has a potion bottle in her hand. With her rapier, she cuts Ka'Xet along his right elbow for 4 damage.

R8T6: Lazer takes out a potion and gives it to the unconscious Darrius.

Darrius, you are brought to unconsciousness, and Gut Tugger's limp form practically is partly on top of you. You turn your head at an odd angle to see the fight in progress ... Vakrissa's head is off from a point around the nose around. Celiss is on standby in the corner, ready to jump in if needed. And Korian and two others - you recognize Quickslayer (see above description for melds) - are pressing Rowyn against a wall. However, you are disabled. "Easy lad," says Lazer, "if you do anything, you're just going to go under again ... and I'm all out of spells and healing potions."

End Round 8, Begin Round 9 ...

R9T22: Quickslayer hisses at her, and in his brutish accent he says, "Witch! Vakrissa Flint-Eye was a friend to the natural world, and had a destiny thread you severed. She shall be avenged without mercy!"

And he rages ....... He rakes her with his own claw against her transversus muscle in the lower abdomen for 12 damage; swordarm slashed for 10 damage by blue arm; right shoulder by 3rd blue arm for 4 damage; goat head of mask gores her for 12 damage, and she falls.

"Finish her, Ka'Xet," says Quickslayer.

R9T21: Ka'Xet?

I/S
Quickslayer: 22.
Ka'Xet: 21.
Korian: 18. Mage armor. CE2.
Celiss: 15. -1 morale penalty attk/ dmg vs Rowyn.
* Mage armor. Shield. Protection from evil.
Darrius: 7.9. Mage armor. Protection from evil.
Rowyn Kellani: 7. CE4.
* +1 morale bonus attk/dmg vs Celiss.
Lazer: 6. Mage armor.

DYING
Gut Tugger: 19.

lostsole31
2011-08-12, 06:54 PM
Surprise Round ...

Darrius is attacked (and double-flanked) by 4 monkeys. One of them bites him in his left ankle for 1 damage. Another in his right calf for 1 damage. But, thanks to his adamant pauldrons, these paltry bites actually do no damage.

Round One ...

Celiss, you are 15' from Darrius. The monkeys appear to be more annoying than truly dangerous. What do you do?

I/S
Celiss: 22.
Lazer: 21.
MM1: 20.9.
MM2: 20.8.
Korian: 20.
MM3: 19.
MM4: 17.
Ka'Xet: 16.
Darrius: 15.

lostsole31
2011-08-13, 04:58 PM
R1T22: Celiss doesn't want to take chances - these things could be infected with whatever has been messing with the animals on the island.

She moves up to one of the monkeys flanking Darrius and thrusts her sword at it, taking advantage of its distraction while focusing on her comrade, the thing left itself open to her. She stabs the thing in the left knee ... and doesn't do any damage!!!

R1T21: "They're resistant to weapons!" calls Lazer.

Lazer has Gili-Nachum and the enfeebling wand in his hands. He moves forward to attack (flank) the monkey behind Darrius, and crits for the first time in his adventuring career! He cracks the thing for 3 mod damage (hey, he IS weak) and the warhammer, covered now in flames, does 5 fire damage. The thing is still standing, doesn't appear to have reacted to the pain of its wounds, and is still aggressive but brutally struck.

R1T20.9: The monkey 'in front' of Darrius misses with its bite.

R1T20.8: The monkey to Darrius' right bites into Darrius, but its bite is too weak to penetrate his incarnum-based DR.

R1T20: Korian goes the opposite direction of Celiss, pulling up on Darrius' right-side opponent. He does an interesting leap, and despite his having to close distance, attacks with both the magic rapier and a claw. The rapier doesn't penetrate its hide, its hide seeming much tougher than expected. His claw hits solidly, but only does 1 mod damage.

R1T19: The monkey on Darrius' left spins around and attacks Celiss. The thing is so small, it has to close more than it is comfortable doing. Only because of the flanking, Celiss makes a beautiful stab to its head, critting for 11 mod damage, dropping it.

R1T17: The one behind Darrius, smacked hard and its fur and flesh burned, likewise lashes out at the feeble fire-wielding dwarf. Lazer's hammer grazes the monkey for no damage. It bites, and though it gets through Lazer's sharkskin armor, can't seem to bite past the dwarf's own surprisingly tough hide!

R1T16: Ka'Xet, it is more of a waste to try and angle around to the one non-flanked monkey. Better to close to attack Korian's or Lazer's monkey ... or use missile fire. What do you do?

I/S
Celiss: 22. vs 'left' monkey.
Lazer: 21.
MM1: 20.9. 'Front' of Darrius.
MM2: 20.8. (9:10). 'Right' of Darrius.
Korian: 20.
MM4: 17. (6:10). Rear of Darrius.
Ka'Xet: 16.
Darrius: 15.

DYING
MM3: 19. (-1:10). 'Left' of Darrius.

lostsole31
2011-08-14, 02:16 AM
R1T16: "Come'n have me needle in yer globbo, changy!" shouts Ka'Xet.Love the PLANET OF THE APES reference! :smallbiggrin:Ka'Xet throws his soulblade at the monkey attacking Lazer, but misses.

R1T15: Darrius, what do you do? There are mad monkeys to your front, right, and rear ... and you flank the ones to right and rear. These things are so small, they just can't seem - no matter how ferocious, to bite through your DR 1.

I/S
Celiss: 22.
Lazer: 21.
MM1: 20.9. 'Front' of Darrius.
MM2: 20.8. (9:10). 'Right' of Darrius.
Korian: 20.
MM4: 17. (6:10). Rear of Darrius.
Ka'Xet: 16.
Darrius: 15.

DYING
MM3: 19. (-1:10). 'Left' of Darrius.

lostsole31
2011-08-14, 02:48 AM
R1T15: Darrius twirls his best dagger about his fingers for a moment as he looks over the twisted monkeys. He shakes his head as he swipes at one of their neck's, "Lets try to keep their attention on me. They don't seem to be getting through my pauldrons."

He attacks the one between himself and Lazer, but the little buggers are small and fast and he misses.

End Round One, Begin Round Two ...

R2T22: Celiss, see breakdown as above. What do you do?

I/S
Celiss: 22.
Lazer: 21.
MM1: 20.9. 'Front' of Darrius.
MM2: 20.8. (9:10). 'Right' of Darrius.
Korian: 20.
MM4: 17. (6:10). Rear of Darrius.
Ka'Xet: 16.
Darrius: 15.

DYING
MM3: 19. (-2:10). 'Left' of Darrius.

lostsole31
2011-08-14, 01:49 PM
R2T22: Seeing that once again the party is up against enemies that resist normal physical damage, Celiss moves as quickly as she can, trying to get it with an elbow jab and following through with a strike of her knee. She hopes that by simply hitting the thing as many times as possible she can hit it in a way that actually hurts it. The elbow jab bounces against it, but she had to adjust to much for its tiny size - and realizes that such an attack is silly against this opponent. She then tries to 'stomp' down with her knee, hitting it easily, but doing no damage.

R2T21: Lazer swings and misses.

R2T20.9: The one in front of Darrius tries to bite and misses. As it did so, Darrius slashes it along the leg for 2 mod damage. Celiss thrusts a foot out and kicks it in the neck for 4 mod damage. Korian stabs it in the chest for 9 (max) damage, with no need to modify, as well as 8 cold damage. The monkey drops.

R2T20.8: The one to Darrius' left tries to bite Korian and also misses, as Lazer tries to hit it with an AOO and misses as well..

R2T20: .... and Korian is right there with a counterattack. Korian swings his rapier and claws around, riming them and his teeth with frost. The rapier misses, but that was mainly to make the monkey move so that the claw can connect for 2 mod claw and 7 cold damage. His bite comes in on the disabled monkey for 1 mod bite and 5 cold damage. The monkey drops.

R2T17: The one to Darrius' rear attacks Lazer but misses.

R2T16: Ka'Xet, one target remaining ... the one flanked by Darrius and Lazer, and threatened by the other two. What do you do?

Darrius, you are on deck, followed by Celiss.

I/S
Celiss: 22.
Lazer: 21.
Korian: 20.
MM4: 17. (6:10). Rear of Darrius.
Ka'Xet: 16.
Darrius: 15.

DYING
MM2: 20.8. (-6:10). 'Right' of Darrius.
MM3: 19. (-2:10). 'Left' of Darrius.

DEAD
MM1.

lostsole31
2011-08-16, 12:31 AM
R2T15: Darrius switches his stance ever so slightly and thrusts his dagger forward instead of taking a swipe at it. His dagger doesn't pierce its hide.

End Round 2, Begin Round 3 ...

R3T22: Celiss, what do you do?

I/S
Celiss: 22.
Lazer: 21.
Korian: 20.
MM4: 17. (6:10). Rear of Darrius.
Ka'Xet: 16.
Darrius: 15.

DYING
MM2: 20.8. (-7:10). 'Right' of Darrius.
MM3: 19. (-3:10). 'Left' of Darrius.

DEAD
MM1.

lostsole31
2011-08-18, 03:57 AM
It may have once been a man, but now its gray skin, strangely flopping arms and legs, and the vacant-eyed vestigial head hanging from its neck make the creature anything but. Yet perhaps worst of all is the creature's mouth, a cavernous wound in its twisted face filled with a twisting landscape of teeth, a mouth designed for one thing only - the tearing of flesh from bone.

R1T20: Celiss, you see that lead one. The one that is slightly behind it is as bizarre and misshapen ... and unique .... as the other, except for the horrifying mouth. Both carry scimitars. The lead one is 25' from you. What do you do?

I/S
Celiss: 20.
Savage Pirate #1 (p 97): 19.
Lazer: 18.
Ka'Xet: 17.
Savage Pirate #2: 16.
Darrius: 11.
Korian: 7.

lostsole31
2011-08-18, 02:30 PM
R1T20: Celiss, seeing an opportunity to use another of her spells to shorten the fight, moves up 15' until both of the man-beasts are within 15 feet of her.

"Although your souls are probably already departed, I'll hope that this can put you fully to rest," she says as she begins another arcane invocation, her hands deftly performing dozens of intricate movements that free up the energy packaged into the spell. Her movements end with a clap, and after a moment Celiss opens her palms, a blast of arcane flame surging forwards, eagerly burning everything in its path. This things might physically be nightmares, but as agile as their footwork might be they are not prepared for this spell and both take 10 fire damage. Both are horribly burned and cannot possibly take much more damage.No one else in the group recognizes this spell, nor have they ever seen her use it. But it was pretty awesomely effective.
R1T19: Despite the horrible burns on its body, the lead pirate fights through whatever pain its skin and seared muscles transmit to it and it charges Celiss. Its lurching, unpredictable movements keep her from doing a good linear block, and the pirate's cutlass grazes against her body ... but fails to cut. For the first time, her scales have protected her.

R1T18: "Fire, huh? That's good enough for myself and Gili-Nahum!" roars Lazer as he charges forward and brings his warhammer crashing down on the lead pirate's left foot for 3 weapon and 1 fire damage. It is enough to drop the thing.

R1T17: Ka'Xet, you are 30' from the last pirate. What do you do?

I/S
Celiss: 20.
Lazer: 18.
Ka'Xet: 17.
Savage Pirate #2: 16. (2:12).
Darrius: 11.
Korian: 7.

DYING
Savage Pirate #1 (p 97): 19. (-2:12).

lostsole31
2011-08-22, 09:49 PM
R1T17: Ka'Xet moves forward 10' away and throws his mind blade to try to pin it in the sand or hobble it, and it does 4 mod damage to its right foot, and it falls in shock.

I/S
Celiss: 20.
Lazer: 18.
Ka'Xet: 17.
Savage Pirate #2: 16. (-4:12).
Darrius: 11.
Korian: 7.

DYING
Savage Pirate #1 (p 97): 19. (-2:12).

lostsole31
2011-08-23, 01:11 AM
R1T11: Darrius creeps forward enough so that he won't catch Celiss in his field of view and his eyes glimmer as he casts a gaze over them to determine if any evil yet lingers, if they're not evil at all and he's wasting his time, or if they've passed on. He senses that there is evil in the area.

R1T10: The pirate that Ka'Xet dropped stands up and shambles forward to be next to his fallen comrade and threatening Lazer.

R1T7: Korian shakes his head at the fact that the things were so wrecked that it made sense they went down. He bounds forth with frost forming about his rapier and claw and he leaps at it. The rapier sinks into its chest for 8 weapon + 6 cold damage, but he hesitates with his claw for the devastation wrought, as the rapier kills this man outright. The man goes into death throes on the rapier, twitching and jerking wildly, and making one wild bite at Korian. The teeth scrape barely against the Godson's new mithral shirt. The body then erupts into a mass of goo that drops onto the ground and splashing those nearby, leaving nothing behind but the cutlass, which is horribly pitted and damaged ...
Celiss: Evades.
Korian: Pulls his rapier out in time and dodges, 1 acid damage.
Lazer: Dodges, 2 acid damage.
Fallen Allied Pirate: Acid does no further damage.

End Round 1, Begin Round 2 ...

R2T20: Celiss, if you do not step out of the puddle of acid ... what do you do? You are adjacent to the first, fallen, un-puddled pirate, and standing in a puddle of acid. What do you do?

I/S
Celiss: 20.
Savage Pirate #1 (p 97): 19. (-3:12).
Lazer: 18.
Ka'Xet: 17.
Darrius: 11.
Savage Pirate #2: 10. (-4:12).
Korian: 7.

DEAD
Savage Pirate 2.

lostsole31
2011-08-24, 12:43 AM
Surprise Round ....

Ka'Xet sneezes and Korian shushes him ... as figured by two spectacularly failed Stealth checks. So much for surprise.

Begin Round One ...

R1T25-18: Darrius is the point man in this narrow passageway. He barely has time to register that Ka'Xet sneezed when a savage pirate bears down on him, having hustled to get to him .... but still threatening.

Another one, also with blinding reflexes, follows quickly behind him, both jibbering and chattering with excitement over fresh meat.

Also faster than any of the post-sneeze-shocked party is the third, a large savage pirate with a gruesome, gore-riddled meat cleaver and wearing bload-soaked apron.

R1T17.9: Darrius, a faster savage pirate than yourself is on you - so much for sneak attack. It is a 5pwy, and either you (alone) attack, or you withdraw or back out (with or without acrobatics). Korian, with his magical rapier, is behind you. What do you do?

I/S
Savage Pirate #1: 25.
Savage Pirate #2: 24.
Navesh Wyvernsting: 20.
Kadmos: 18.
Darrius: 17.9.
Ka'Xet: 17. S7.
Korian: 12. S11.
Lazer: 7.
Celiss: 3. S17.

lostsole31
2011-08-24, 09:14 AM
R1T17.9: Darrius weighs his options for a half moment and then extends his arm forward to shock the lead pirate into submission (or into exploding, as the case may be), but learns that pirates are not slow of foot as it avoids. Darrius then tumbles back to the back of the group (since there are no gaps).

R1T17: Ka'Xet, what do you do? You are right behind Korian and you see the first pirate.

I/S
Savage Pirate #1: 25.
Savage Pirate #2: 24.
Navesh Wyvernsting: 20.
Kadmos: 18.
Darrius: 17.9.
Ka'Xet: 17. S7.
Korian: 12. S11.
Lazer: 7.
Celiss: 3. S17.

lostsole31
2011-08-25, 02:43 AM
R1T17: In a rare fit of intelligibility, Ka'Xet says "Move," and throws his mindblade at the shambling humanoid. The blade seems to glow with a greater amount of psionic energy than it had previously ... but misses entirely. He then reforms the mindblade in his hand.If you don't start mentioning this last bit ... the MA spent to reform the mindblade ... I'm going to start excluding the action as well. Then, you have to waste the MA next round for 'hesitating.'
R1T12: Korian ducked the errant thrown mindblade easily enough. He wastes no time with his best, and his blade, teeth, and claw are rimed with frost. He steps forward to meet the first pirate. His rapier stabs into the man's chest for 9 weapon (max) and 7 cold damage, a blow that would kill a man outright. His claw and bite miss.

"Lazer, I made an opening! Get up here behind me so you can keep me alive as these guys die."

R1T7: Lazer moves forward into the space opened between Korian and Ka'Xet. He doesn't cast a spell, but he says, "Moradin, aid this soul in his fight against evil."

In doing so, energies pour into Korian that heal what little wounds he suffered earlier, and steel his mettle for this battle, with Korian giving a faint, growl, so deep in pitch as to be barely heard.

R1T3: Celiss, since Lazer went past you, the three ahead of you (Korian, Lazer, Ka'Xet) around the curve keep you from having a space to go or from seeing a target. What do you do?

I/S
Savage Pirate #1: 25. (-4:12).
Savage Pirate #2: 24.
Navesh Wyvernsting: 20.
Kadmos: 18.
Darrius: 17.9.
Ka'Xet: 17.
Korian: 12. Freezing blade.
* Aid: +1 morale to attack/ saves vs fear, til end R31T7.
Lazer: 7.
Celiss: 3.

lostsole31
2011-08-25, 02:34 PM
R1T3: Celiss will wait, preparing to move as soon as an opportunity presents itself.

End Round 1, Begin Round 2 ...

R2T25-24: The badly wounded pirate attacks with cutlass and bite, but Korian's defensive combat style is impenetrable. Though these things are very strong, they are terrible combatants. The second one behind him howls and screams, waiting to get at the meat on the other side of his ally.

R2T18: "Kill for food, boys! Cook is hungry! Pot is ready!" come the inhuman howls of the last pirate (the one wearing cook's garb). His/its voice is like that of someone who is severely mentally disabled.

R2T17.9: Darrius, what do you do?

Ka'Xet, you're on deck.

I/S
Savage Pirate #1: 25. (-4:12). p97.
Savage Pirate #2: 24.
Navesh Wyvernsting: 20. Oil of keen edge on mwk kukri.
Kadmos: 18.
Darrius: 17.9.
Ka'Xet: 17.
Korian: 12. Freezing blade.
* Aid: +1 morale to attack/ saves vs fear, til end R31T7.
Lazer: 7.
Celiss: 3.

lostsole31
2011-08-29, 08:59 PM
R2T17.9: With the others packed into the passage, Darrius turns to keep an eye on their flank in case the sounds of combat rouse any other pirates. He expects the banging and howls in the caves to drown it out, but decides to hide anyhow.

R2T17: Ka'Xet re-establishes psionic focus.Re-gaining psionic focus is a FRA (full round action), and requires a DC 20 Mental Focus check. I just used the d20 you rolled for the attack - that still couldn't happen because of the cramped quarters of the battlefield (5'-wide passageway, abbrev. to 5pwy) - and just used your Mental Focus modifier instead.

R2T12: The frost disappears from Korian's weapons. His rapier goes wide, but his claw knocks the pirate's head for 1 mod damage. His bite also misses.

R2T7: Lazer delays.

R2T3: Celiss still has to delay.

End Round 2, Begin Round 3 ...

R3T25-24: The lead pirate attacks Korian wildly and misses.

R3T17.9: Darrius delays ...

R3T17: Ka'Xet reforms and throws his mindblade while saying, "Ere's a tick of me want of some ruby-red! I shall FONG you like you've never been fonged before! Oh, such a fonging you'll have!"

His mindblade bounces off the lead pirate's fine studded armor.

R3T17: Korian plunges his rapier into the lead pirate's chest. The lead pirate's death throes are almost enough to bite Korian, but the thing bubbles and splashes into acid goo before it finishes. Korian takes 5 acid damage.

He then steps up to the next pirate.

R3T11: Lazer steps forward 5 feet and readies a healing spell if Korian should be further wounded.

Korian calls, "Celiss, you have an opening for missile combat!"

Celiss, if you move forward, you'll be able to target the pirates with some type of missile fire ... but you can't get past Lazer and Korian ... you'd pass by Ka'Xet, though. What do you do?

I/S[spoiler]
Savage Pirate #1: 25. (-5:12). p97.
Savage Pirate #2: 24.
Navesh Wyvernsting: 20. Oil of keen edge on mwk kukri.
Kadmos: 18.
Darrius: 17.9. DELAYING!!!
Ka'Xet: 17.
Korian: 12. Freezing blade.
* Aid: +1 morale to attack/ saves vs fear, til end R31T7.
Lazer: 11. DELAYING!!!
Celiss: 3. DELAYING!!!

lostsole31
2011-09-01, 07:21 PM
R3T3: Celiss moves up, annoyed that she still can't contribute anything, as she doesn't really have any missiles to fire-magical or otherwise.

"Honestly," she mutters, "I can fight with every single one of my appendages but I can't even hit an enemy 10 feet away...I really need to get some sort of crossbow once we're back in the city."

End Round 3, Begin Round 4 ....

R4T25-24: The lead pirate misses Korian again, and the other pirate behind him yowls.

R4T20: A creature grunts and hoots while sailing overhead. Gliding on membranes between arms and legs is a small humanoid that is similar to a cross between a raccoon and a monkey. He glides from a passageway ahead and to the right, and easily clears the party (high 'ceiling') to try to land in back (behind Ka'Xet), but discovers that something is in his way and he has to move back further - all while being incredibly acrobatic. He lands, and then swipes at the empty space with his kukri ... missing Darrius.

R4T18: The cook-pirate in back shuffles menacingly.

R4T17.9: Darrius, it's the perfect time for you to no longer be delaying ... having wrapped back around to your turn, anyway. So, the party is now being attacked on both fronts, and you are defending against this bizarre creature. It might once have been an interesting character, but you see the signs of the savage fever on it, too. You are currently hidden in plain sight. (He bumped against you when he tried to land in your spot, and had to shuffle back another 5'.) There is no way past him but over (or, with a DC 25 Acrobatics check on two rolls ... through). What do you do?

I/S
Savage Pirate #1: 25. (-5:12). p97.
Savage Pirate #2: 24.
Navesh Wyvernsting: 20. Oil of keen edge on mwk kukri.
* Bear's endurance.
Kadmos: 18.
Darrius: 17.9. DELAYING!!!
Ka'Xet: 17.
Korian: 12. Freezing blade.
* Aid: +1 morale to attack/ saves vs fear, til end R31T7.
Lazer: 11. DELAYING!!!
Celiss: 3.

lostsole31
2011-09-03, 01:13 AM
R4T17.9: Darrius has to all but dodge out of the path of the creature as it tries to land on him, but once it lands he reaches out to try to put it down sharply, and possibly even get around behind it. He shifts his

But in trying to tumble past the creature he bumps into it instead ... which is just enough to give it a chance to lash out again, though it misses. Still, Darrius isn't able to get past the thing. He decides to hope in his stealth as is, and to develop a more combat-focused incarnum array. Even with all of the bumping around, the thing seems to have a hard time trying to track Darrius, so the lightning gaunlet touches the thing just barely - for its reflexes are quite capable - in its right upper arm for 16 electricity damage. But this thing seems to be made of much tougher stuff than the human savages. Its fur and pustules are singed, but it is more than in the fight. "Through an area" is interpretable ... I interpret it (and always have) that you must do so for each square. The more areas threatened, the more success over time - rather than difficulty - required. Also, extra enemies merely increases the DC .... for each square tumbled. Finally, failure does not end with just an AOO. Your movement isn't stopped (unless the AOO attack form can stop you) by tumbling through threatened areas. However, trying to tumble through an occupied square is not 'auto-success at the possible cost of an AOO.' If you can't do it, you are stopped cold in the square at which you were trying to move out of. If this means, that in the plotted course of movement, your prior square is unoccupied, then you would end up falling prone in that prior square.His hand tipped (or lit up with electricity after an attack), Darrius is now quite visible.

R4T17: Ka'Xet, three meanies ahead, and one new meanie (described above) behind ... all bogeys are outside the party line, none inside. Whom do you target, or what do you do?

I/S
Savage Pirate #1: 25. (-5:12). p97.
Savage Pirate #2: 24.
Navesh Wyvernsting: 20. (23:39). Oil of keen edge on mwk kukri.
* Bear's endurance. Con 20.
Kadmos: 18.
Darrius: 17.9.
Ka'Xet: 17.
Korian: 12.
* Aid: +1 morale to attack/ saves vs fear, til end R31T7.
Lazer: 11. DELAYING!!!
Celiss: 3.

lostsole31
2011-09-07, 12:50 PM
R4T17: "Oi, chummers! Come here and get a kick in the yarbles, if you've got any yarbles, you great pustulent androgynes!" taunts Ka'Xet before throwing his mindblade at the cook, hitting him in the left knee for 1 mod damage.

R4T12: Korian's rapier thrust stabs the lead pirate in the right shoulder, passing nearly up to the hilt. The pirate snaps his jaws at Korian, taking a little bit of fur. Korian withdraws his rapier and the pirate splashes into acidic goo. Korian doesn't duck in time and takes 3 acid damage.

There is now an active pool of acid in the 5-foot-square where the pirate was.

R4T11: Lazer continues to delay, as Korian looks like he is still fine without need for a spell just yet.

R4T3: Celiss, you can comment ... but there's just not much for you to do.

End Round 4, Begin Round 5 ....

R5T24: The next pirate moves forward into the acid puddle from his late mate, but is unharmed. It totally misses Korian with cutlass and bite.

R5T20: In a rare display of 'intelligence' (such as it is for these infected creatures), the bizarre gliding monkey-raccoon manages to snarl out in Common, "Come to me, meatbags. Just give me a mouthful of your tasty pink flesh!"

It swings its kukri at Darrius' chest, neatly slicing in-between ribs, but failing to hit a critical organ and only doing 1 mod damage. It bites, but fails to get past his armor.

R5T18: The 'cook' pirate moves up behind the lead pirate.

R5T17.9: Darrius, what do you do?

I/S
Savage Pirate #2: 24. (12:12).
Navesh Wyvernsting: 20. (23:39). Oil of keen edge on mwk kukri.
* Bear's endurance. Con 20.
Kadmos: 18. (11:12).
Darrius: 17.9.
Ka'Xet: 17.
Korian: 12.
* Aid: +1 morale to attack/ saves vs fear, til end R31T7.
Lazer: 11. DELAYING!!!
Celiss: 3.

DEAD
SP1.

lostsole31
2011-09-10, 12:43 PM
R5T17.9: Darrius once again reaches forward with his sparking hand, but doesn't fancy his chances of slipping past the creature. Though agile, Darrius practically grabs the thing by the groin, doing 13 electricity damage.

R5T17: Korian growls, "Ka'Xet, try to take out the one in the back so I'm not given an acid shower by him, too!"

Ka'Xet, what do you do? Do you target the one Korian is fighting, or the 'cook pirate' as per Korian's request? It seems like Darrius is doing more than okay against the critter in back, as he only has to touch his target for stunning electrical damage.

I/S
Savage Pirate #2: 24. (12:12).
Navesh Wyvernsting: 20. (10:39). Oil of keen edge on mwk kukri.
* Bear's endurance. Con 20.
Kadmos: 18. (6:12).
Darrius: 17.9.
Ka'Xet: 17.
Korian: 12.
* Aid: +1 morale to attack/ saves vs fear, til end R31T7.
Lazer: 11. DELAYING!!!
Celiss: 3.

DEAD
SP1.

lostsole31
2011-09-11, 02:37 PM
R5T17: "Tant a lemming, me damie!" replies Ka'Xet to Korian. He then tosses his mindblade at the cook. "Oi, time to shive ye in the keeshkas wi' me nozh!"

The mindblade bounces off the cook's studded leather armor he has under his apron, and Ka'Xet reforms his mindblade.

R5T12: Korian grazes the pirate in the lower left arm for 4 damage, and misses with claw and bite.

R5T11-3: Lazer and Celiss delay ...

End Round 5, Begin Round 6 ...

R6T24: Korian's pirate does as good a job as his strength will allow with cutlass and bite, but can't penetrate the swordsage's incredible defenses.

R6T20: The raccoon-monkey glider cuts across Darrius' belly, but once again his adamant pauldrons keep him from any harm.

R6T17.9: Darrius, what do you do?

Ka'Xet, you're on deck.

Celiss, if you think of anything clever, let me know.

I/S
Savage Pirate #2: 24. (8:12).
Navesh Wyvernsting: 20. (10:39). Oil of keen edge on mwk kukri.
* Bear's endurance. Con 20.
Kadmos: 18. (6:12).
Darrius: 17.9.
Ka'Xet: 17.
Korian: 12.
* Aid: +1 morale to attack/ saves vs fear, til end R31T7.
Lazer: 11. DELAYING!!!
Celiss: 3.

DEAD
SP1.

lostsole31
2011-09-13, 02:54 PM
R6T17.9: Darrius looks over the little monkey thing and shakes his head, "You're made of some tough stuff, little guy. Too bad you're off your rocker."

Darrius reaches forth to touch the thing, but it knows the danger to expect and dodges out of the way.

R6T17: Ka'Xet, to get through to the other side of the pirates, you move through Lazer and Korian's squares ... which is no difficulty.
First roll = moving from Korian's square into pirate square.
Second roll = moving from pirate's square to cook's square.
Third roll = moving from cook's square to open square behind cook.

If you fail any roll, you will fall prone in the square that is the farthest you get because you begin your acrobatics in an occupied square and there is no place else for you to go ...

What do you do?

I/S
Savage Pirate #2: 24. (8:12).
Navesh Wyvernsting: 20. (10:39). Oil of keen edge on mwk kukri.
* Bear's endurance. Con 20.
Kadmos: 18. (6:12).
Darrius: 17.9.
Ka'Xet: 17.
Korian: 12.
* Aid: +1 morale to attack/ saves vs fear, til end R31T7.
Lazer: 11. DELAYING!!!
Celiss: 3.

DEAD
SP1.

lostsole31
2011-09-13, 10:14 PM
Other than the rolls themselves, most of what you put on both posts should be in OOC. That said, yup ... forgot about Up the Walls!R6T17: Ka'Xet darts up the wall at an angle on the left wall, so that by the time he is to the pirate, he is out of reach. By the time he comes almost around the cook-pirate, he has lost steam. Ka' runs partway down the wall at an angle, before falling to the deck. His acrobatic skill keeps him from getting hurt - though he is still prone - and the cook gets a free swipe at him with his big meat cleaver, but misses.The reason height was more important in my adjudicating this, over acrobatics - first, you specified a height to be out of reach in the first place. Second, every square you move acrobatically costs double movement. You never would have had the 'steam' to get all the way across, since Up the Walls only affects a single move action, not any series of move actions, and you didn't xeph-burst.
R6T12: Korian stabs his opponent in the left upper arm for 5 damage, but misses with claw and bite.

R6T11-3: Lazer and Celiss delay. If Celiss is going to move forward 5' to be adjacent to Lazer vice Darrius, let me know.

End Round 6, Begin Round 7 ...

R7T24: The pirate again makes as furious and capable an assault against Korian as possible, but is entirely outmatched.

R7T20: The monk-**** slashes and bites at Darrius but misses.

R7T18: The cook-pirate turns to look at the morsel-from-heaven that dropped out of the sky and fell prone behind him. He attacks the seemingly helpless man with cleaver and bite, but cannot penetrate Ka's armor.

R7T17.9: Darrius?

Ka'Xet, you're on deck after him.

I/S
Savage Pirate #2: 24. (3:12).
Navesh Wyvernsting: 20. (10:39). Oil of keen edge on mwk kukri.
* Bear's endurance. Con 20.
Kadmos: 18. (6:12).
Darrius: 17.9.
Ka'Xet: 17. Prone.
Korian: 12.
* Aid: +1 morale to attack/ saves vs fear, til end R31T7.
Lazer: 11. DELAYING!!!
Celiss: 3. DELAYING!!!

DEAD
SP1.

lostsole31
2011-09-14, 12:34 PM
R7T17.9: Darrius grunts in frustration as he tries for yet another grab swipe, "Just hold still, dammit! It'll be over soon, I swear."

He claps his hand on the little guy's left shoulder for 12 electricity damage. That should've dropped him, but his madness/illness drives him to extreme efforts.

R7T17: Ka'Xet, you are prone next to the cook-pirate ... and all of the penalties being prone entails. It will take a MA to stand, provoking an AOO. What do you do?

I/S
Savage Pirate #2: 24. (3:12).
Navesh Wyvernsting: 20. (-2:39). Oil of keen edge on mwk kukri.
* Bear's endurance. Con 20.
Kadmos: 18.
Darrius: 17.9.
Ka'Xet: 17. Prone.
Korian: 12.
* Aid: +1 morale to attack/ saves vs fear, til end R31T7.
Lazer: 11. DELAY!!!
Celiss: 3. DELAY!!!

DEAD
SP1.

lostsole31
2011-09-15, 02:59 AM
R7T17: Ka'Xet takes a swing with his mindblade at the cook-pirate, hitting the bastard in the groin for 5 damage.

R7T12: Korian stabs his pirate in the right thigh for max (9) damage. That definitely should've dropped the guy, but he's still moving. His claw misses, and his bite hits but fails to do any damage.

R7T11-3: Lazer and Celiss delay.

End Round 7, Begin Round 8 ...

R8T24: The badly wounded pirate flails wildly at Korian with blade and tooth, missing.

R8T20: The monkey-critter swings with kukri and bites, both attacks missing Darrius.

R8T18: Ka'Xet, normally quite agile, is in a bad way. The cook chops down with his rusty cleaver, hitting Ka' in his right shoulder for 7 damage. His mouth opens impossibly wide, and bites Ka' around the back, side, and chest for 5 damage.

R8T17.9: Darrius? Rinse-repeat?

Ka'Xet, you are literally on deck. While a fine swashbuckling maneuver, you are paying for having separated yourself from the group - especially the healer.

Both of you can post your actions now.

I/S
Savage Pirate #2: 24. (-6:12).
Navesh Wyvernsting: 20. (-2:39). Oil of keen edge on mwk kukri.
* Bear's endurance. Con 20.
Kadmos: 18. (7:12).
Darrius: 17.9.
Ka'Xet: 17. Prone.
Korian: 12.
* Aid: +1 morale to attack/ saves vs fear, til end R31T7.
Lazer: 11. DELAY!!!
Celiss: 3. DELAY!!!

DEAD
SP1.

lostsole31
2011-09-15, 04:54 AM
R8T17.9: Darrius studies the creature for another moment and hopes this will be the last time he has to shock the poor creature, touching it for a weak 5 electricity damage. Somehow, the thing is still up and fighting.

R8T17: Ka'Xet?

I/S
Savage Pirate #2: 24. (-6:12).
Navesh Wyvernsting: 20. (-7:39). Oil of keen edge on mwk kukri.
* Bear's endurance. Con 20.
Kadmos: 18. (7:12).
Darrius: 17.9.
Ka'Xet: 17. Prone.
Korian: 12.
* Aid: +1 morale to attack/ saves vs fear, til end R31T7.
Lazer: 11. DELAY!!!
Celiss: 3. DELAY!!!

DEAD
SP1.

lostsole31
2011-09-15, 10:59 PM
R8T17: In somewhat overly-dramatic fashion, Ka'Xet hisses, "From Perdition's Heart, I stab at thee!" ... and misses.OOC: Annie is SlateGray (actually, I think it might be DarkSlateGray, Ka'Xet is Olive.
R8T12: Korian misses well past the pirate's face and shoulder with the rapier, but that was only to hide his claws, which rip at the pirate's face for max (2 mod) damage. He then bites into the thing's neck for 1 mod damage ... and yet this thing. still. stands. oh. so. barely. :smallsigh:

R8T11-3: Lazer and Celiss delay.

End Round 8, Begin Round 9 ...

R9T24: The shredded pirate, that through some unholy means is barely upright, attacks Korian without a hit.

R9T20: The raccoon-monkey thing jumps up and slashes Darrius across the face for 4 mod damage, having missed a crit. Its bite misses.

R9T18: Ka'Xet does a little better this time, as the cook misses him.

R9T17.9: Darrius .... Ka'Xet .... what do you do?

I/S
Savage Pirate #2: 24. (-9:12).
Navesh Wyvernsting: 20. (-7:39). Oil of keen edge on mwk kukri.
* Bear's endurance. Con 20.
Kadmos: 18. (7:12).
Darrius: 17.9.
Ka'Xet: 17. Prone.
Korian: 12.
* Aid: +1 morale to attack/ saves vs fear, til end R31T7.
Lazer: 11. DELAY!!!
Celiss: 3. DELAY!!!

DEAD
SP1.

lostsole31
2011-09-16, 07:35 PM
R9T17.9: Darrius chuckles as the blood drips down his face, "Still got some fight in you, I see. Hopefully not much longer."

And he tries again ... he grabs the thing around its left upper arm. Electricity blasts through the other arm, doing 25 electricity damage. Knowing what to attack, he timed it so that he jumps back without getting splashed by the lil' guy's acidically exploding body. There is now a puddle of acid where it was standing, including its gear ... survival of any of its gear depends on a) if Darrius cares, and b) if anyone is willing to take acid damage when trying to grab it, and c) how long anything sits in the puddle.

R9T17: "You're fit to be brown bread, you mouldering manky son of a rusty spike!" calls Ka'Xet .... from his submissive point on the ground ... as he misses with his mindblade.

R9T12: Korian misses with all attacks.

R9T11-3: Lazer and Celiss delay (unless Celiss interjects on the next update).

End Round 9, Begin Round 10 ...

R10T24: Korian's opponent is blocked.

R10T18: The cook comes in with a brutal crit to Ka'Xet's neck, puncturing his voicebox for 17 damage.No, really. It was a critical crit ... and the percentage was the one-percent it needed (70) to do the damage it did ... "Voicebox punctured...."The bite then comes down on Ka'Xet's left thigh for 3 damage.

Korian calls out, "Dammit, Ka'Xet! Take the swipe, and get on your feet. On the double!"

R10T17.9: Darrius?

Ka'Xet on deck...

Celiss, if you think of anything clever ...

I/S
Savage Pirate #2: 24. (-9:12).
Kadmos: 18. (7:12).
Darrius: 17.9.
Ka'Xet: 17. Prone. Voicebox punctured for 2 hours.
Korian: 12.
* Aid: +1 morale to attack/ saves vs fear, til end R31T7.
Lazer: 11. DELAY!!!
Celiss: 3. DELAY!!!

DEAD
SP1. Neash

lostsole31
2011-09-17, 07:53 PM
R10T17.9: Darrius quickly looks over the remnants of the creature's gear as he moves around to the other side, aiming to scoop up any bags or pouches that look to contain anything and then grab at bulkier items such as weapons and then armor.

In addition to a very nice kukri, the critter wore a gold nose ring with a chain that went to an earring. The clothes (such as they were) instantly get eaten by the acid, though the soft-soled moccasins still remain. A pouch melts away, but a red stone remains. Knowing that the gem and the jewelry will likely last longer than leather shoes that for some reason didn't get eaten away right away, Darrius scoops up the masterwork kukri and the moccasins.

R10T17: Ka'Xet on deck...

Celiss, if you think of anything clever ...

I/S
Savage Pirate #2: 24. (-9:12).
Kadmos: 18. (7:12).
Darrius: 17.9.
Ka'Xet: 17. Prone. Voicebox punctured for 2 hours.
Korian: 12.
* Aid: +1 morale to attack/ saves vs fear, til end R31T7.
Lazer: 11. DELAY!!!
Celiss: 3. DELAY!!!

DEAD
SP1. Nevash

lostsole31
2011-09-18, 08:24 PM
R10T17: Ka'Xet gets to his feet, but not before the cook crits him in the head for 14 damage. Ka'Xet takes a swing at the creature who's ended his witty (halfway) repartee, and has him bleeding badly from neck and head, stabbing the cursed man in the chest for 6 damage.

R10T12: "Doctor!" calls Korian with some alarm. "Ka'Xet's in big trouble. Another shot like that, and he's going down."

Now motivated to help his fellow, Korian stabs the pirate in the stomach with as much force as he can muster (max), and pulls out and ducks as he erupts into a puddle of acid atop the other puddle. He steps forward right into the acid puddle, taking 5 acid damage, but now flanks the cook with Ka'Xet.

R10T11: Looking to help those he can for now until a hole can be punched to get to Ka'Xet, Lazer steps forward with Korian. He doesn't even cast a spell, but simply concentrates and heals him of all wounds.

R10T3: Celiss ... given your belief in your abilities as stated ... you delay unless you jump in with an action. From your vantage, you no longer see the cook or Ka'Xet around the corner.

End Round 10, Begin Round 11 ...

R11T18: As if it couldn't get any worse. [The natural rolls were 19-19-20. Super-crit superbly confirmed.] The pirate hacks at Ka'Xet's head, cutting him deep in the left temple and badly injuring his left eye (blind in that eye for now). Ka'Xet goes down. Instead of finishing him off, the cook turns around and bites at Korian but is soundly deflected.

"Celiss, Darrius!" calls Lazer. "Ka'Xet's down, and it looks dire for him."

R11T17.9 Darrius, what do you do?

Celiss, do you do anything?

First of the two of you to respond gets to act first ...

I/S
Kadmos: 18. (1:12).
Darrius: 17.9.
Korian: 12.
* Aid: +1 morale to attack/ saves vs fear, til end R31T7.
Lazer: 11.
Celiss: 3. DELAY!!!

DYING
Ka'Xet: 17. -5.
* Voicebox punctured for 2 hours. Left eye injured 4 days (-4 Spot).
DEAD
SP1. Nevash

lostsole31
2011-09-19, 02:10 AM
R11T17.9 Darrius looks up from the partially melting gear at the sound of Korian's voice and curses to himself as he tries to rush in and save the day... or at the very least present another target for the insane pirates. He tries to tumble past the cook. While the cook doesn't get an AOO (used it), Darrius fails to get past him. It comes down to him almost falling in Lazer's square when the dwarf allows his ally to squeeze with him in the same square.

R11T12: Korian does something he's never done before. He yowls ... and actually induces his own rage. His body contorts as musculature tightens, then expands and becomes incredibly more defined, even under his fur. For all of that, his attacks are actually very wild, and he misses with all of them. He takes 6 acid damage from standing in the puddle.

R11T11: In an unprecedented power, Lazer's sense of helplessness at seeing his dying friend on the other side of this enduring enemy triggers a strange quality within him .... his entire form, and all that he wears, becomes covered in feathers as he shrinks down and ends up taking the form of a sparrow!!! His small form cannot be stopped, and he zips through to the far side to land by Ka'Xet's body.

End Round 11, Begin Round 12 ...

R12T18: The cook pays no mind to the tiny bird (which has no capacity to flank, having no reach). He attacks Korian, but even with the wolverine-man's rage, the cook still can't touch him.

R12T17.9: Darrius, you are no longer 'squeezing,' and you are directly behind Korian. Trying to tumble past is brutal, and if Lazer has some means of reviving Ka'Xet ... you might create more troubles if you try to pop into the same square as the fallen ignored by the enemy. What do you do?

Celiss, do you do anything, even if it's just moving up behind Darrius to get a feel for what's going around the corner?

I/S
Kadmos: 18. (1:12).
Darrius: 17.9. Navesh's kukri and jewelry out of acid.
Korian: 12.
* Aid: +1 morale to attack/ saves vs fear, til end R31T7.
Lazer: 11.
Celiss: 3. DELAY!!!

DYING
Ka'Xet: 17. -6.
* Voicebox punctured for 2 hours. Left eye injured 4 days (-4 Spot).
DEAD
SP1. Nevash

lostsole31
2011-09-19, 11:18 AM
R12T17.95: Celiss moves as close to the fight as she can, lowering her eyebrows as she turns the corner.

"Where's Lazer?" she asks, having missed the dwarf's sudden transformation. Without any way of knowing what happened to him, and seeing Ka'Xet severely injured, the mage's annoyance begins to get stronger - if she had saved some of her spells earlier, she might be able to do something now. Instead, without any sort of ranged weapon, she's useless.

Her anger at the situation building, Celiss instinctively grasps at her inner reserves of magical energy, releasing it in a dark wave of power, seemingly centered from her, enveloping everyone in the hallway in shadows.Without having defined it, the assumption from now is that it is centered on your ring.
R12T17.9: Darrius?

I/S
Kadmos: 18. (1:12).
Celiss: 3. 17.95.
Darrius: 17.9. Navesh's kukri and jewelry out of acid.
Korian: 12.
* Aid: +1 morale to attack/ saves vs fear, til end R31T7.
Lazer: 11.

DYING
Ka'Xet: 17. -6.
* Voicebox punctured for 2 hours. Left eye injured 4 days (-4 Spot).
DEAD
SP1. Nevash

lostsole31
2011-09-19, 11:27 PM
R12T17.9: Darrius curses himself under his breath for trying to rush in and play hero, as that had worked oh so well before. He scrapes the claws on his right hand against one another as he stands frustrated. "Lazer, if an opening is cleared, beyond this pirate, let me know!"

He chooses to wait in the heavy darkness that has fallen, trying to blend into it even deeper.

R12T12: Korian stabs the cook in the chest (woulda' been a crit), but not very deeply, for 9 damage. His left claw carves into the cook's right shoulder but does no damage. His bite misses.

R12T11: A shape appears, or stands, or grows ... anyway you look at it, there is movement in the shadows in the Ka'Xet/Lazer area.

End Round 12, Begin Round 13 ...

R13T18: The cook fails to hit Korian.

R13T17.95: Celiss... what do you do?Lazer is back into his form, hovering over Ka'Xet.
Darrius, you're on deck ...

I/S
Kadmos: 18. (-8:12).
Celiss: 3. 17.95.
Darrius: 17.9. Navesh's kukri and jewelry out of acid. Hide in darkness.
Korian: 12. RAGING!
* Aid: +1 morale to attack/ saves vs fear, til end R31T7.
Lazer: 11.

STABLE
Ka'Xet: 17. -6.
* Voicebox punctured for 2 hours. Left eye injured 4 days (-4 Spot).

DEAD
SP1. Nevash

lostsole31
2011-09-20, 12:56 PM
Retcon ... Korian also suffers 6 acid damage from the former pirates' remains.

R13T17.95: Celiss blinks, surprised. Apparently, everything had gone dark...but she could still see. Considering the possibilities and itching to join the battle, she utters an arcane incantation and moves her fingers in complex patterns, releasing a burst of magical energy not too unlike what she just did-this time, however, the energy solidifies, forming a shield-like magical barrier.

"Darrius, switch with me," Celiss says, confident that, with her current magical protection, she can quickly finish off the cook-creature. Although she tries to ignore it, she also feels a powerful hate building in her...It almost feels like just killing this thing wouldn't be enough, that she should rip it shreds for what it did to her friends.

R13T17.9: Darrius, what do you do?

I/S
Kadmos: 18. (-8:12).
Celiss: 3. 17.95.
Darrius: 17.9. Navesh's kukri and jewelry out of acid. Hide in darkness.
Korian: 12. RAGING!
* Aid: +1 morale to attack/ saves vs fear, til end R31T7.
Lazer: 11.

STABLE
Ka'Xet: 17. -6.
* Voicebox punctured for 2 hours. Left eye injured 4 days (-4 Spot).

DEAD
SP1. Nevash

lostsole31
2011-10-11, 01:34 AM
R1T26: As if to answer Korian with blinding speed, the creature bursts from around the corner ... leaving the party trapped in a line formation and unable to pass around. It jumps up and slashes with its feet, Korian's instincts saving him from a crit, and the talons gut the swordsage for 10 damage. A foreclaw hits him in the chest for 5 damage, but the next one crits him for 9 damage. In this split-second, Korian only has a chance to mount a defense to block the final bite.

R1T16: Celiss, because the party got caught in a line with this thing blocking, you are not up front and once again without a missile weapon. Delay?

I/S
Ripclaw: 26.
Celiss: 16.
Korian: 12.
* Aid: +1 morale to attack/ saves vs fear, til end R31T7.
Ka'Xet: 11.9.
* Voicebox punctured for 2 hours. Left eye injured 4 days (-4 Spot).
Lazer: 7.
Darrius: 6. Hide in darkness.

lostsole31
2011-10-11, 01:30 PM
R1T16: Celiss calls to Korian and Lazer, "Switch with me; I'll try and get to the front."

She readies to move forwards through them as soon as an opportunity presents itself.

R1T12: Surely, Celiss must realize that with such a heavy, bloodletting volley that Korian would be fully in the throes of his blood-curse ... but somehow, and amazingly, he holds firm. His focus gets better with every combat.

"Now!" he yells to Celiss, withdrawing to her point as she moves up to where he was.

R1T11.9: Ka'Xet, what do you do?

I/S
Ripclaw: 26.
Celiss: 12.1.
Korian: 12.
* Aid: +1 morale to attack/ saves vs fear, til end R31T7.
Ka'Xet: 11.9.
* Voicebox punctured for 2 hours. Left eye injured 4 days (-4 Spot).
Lazer: 7.
Darrius: 6. Hide in darkness.

lostsole31
2011-10-15, 02:22 AM
R1T11.9: Ka'Xet is pretty sure that this creature reminds him of some type of bipedal animal, but with all the bizarre deformations, he can't be sure and he fires his bow, hitting the thing squarely in the head for 6 mod damage. It is a fine hit, but Ka'Xet knows that his bow should've done so much better ... better than even his mindblade could normally do ... and he realizes that this thing, too, might be more surely damaged with his mindblade on following attacks.

R11T7: The rabbi calls, "Everyone, make a fighting withdrawal into the chamber where the cook and his cronies started. That way we can surround this thing!"

He then casts CMW on Korian for 20 healing, and then he backs out of this cramped pwy as he recommended. Nobody knew his healing magic was that powerful ... well exceeding what Darrius and Celiss believe he would otherwise be able to do.

R16: Darrius, you are 20' from this thing, and you are currently HiS (hiding in shadows). Ka'Xet is in front of you, then Korian, then a gap, then Celiss. What do you do?

I/S
Ripclaw: 26. (50:56).
Celiss: 12.1.
Korian: 12. Infected, to take place end R11T26.
* Aid: +1 morale to attack/ saves vs fear, til end R31T7.
Ka'Xet: 11.9.
* Voicebox punctured for 2 hours. Left eye injured 4 days (-4 Spot).
Lazer: 7.
Darrius: 6. Hide in darkness.

lostsole31
2011-10-18, 06:19 PM
R16: Unseen by the others, Darrius moves into the galley chamber to get ready to 'welcome' the critter.

End Round 1, Begin Round 2 ...

R2T26: With Celiss standing right in front of this thing, there is only one target. The thing jumps, slashing with its razor-sharp talons, but Celiss jumps up high enough to dodge. As she comes down, however, a foreclaw catches her in her right foot for 4 damage. She lands, ducking the other foreclaw, but the thing bites her in the chest from above, across her clavicle. Only her reflexes just help her to keep it from beign a crit as she takes 7 damage.

R2T12.1: Celiss, you are toe-to-talon with this thing that already has put a hurting on you. Do you take Lazer's advice and strike-tumble out of there into the galley chamber so the rest of the party can surround it?

I/S
Ripclaw: 26. (50:56).
Celiss: 12.1.
Korian: 12. Infected, to take place end R11T26.
* Aid: +1 morale to attack/ saves vs fear, til end R31T7.
Ka'Xet: 11.9.
* Voicebox punctured for 2 hours. Left eye injured 4 days (-4 Spot).
Lazer: 7.
Darrius: 6. Hide in darkness.

lostsole31
2011-10-21, 02:41 PM
R2T12.1: Celiss finds that, despite a surge of anger flowing through her, she feels no urge to stay in single combat with the beast. She shifts her weight slightly, balling one fist before suddenly extending her sword arm, hoping to cut into the beast's chest. The sudden movement of her blade, as well as the wave of anger that seems to only sharpen her senses, brings Celiss' blade close to what could be vital organs! But its hide is just barely tough enough to keep the short sword from striking its heart. Her short sword only does 1 mod damage. Celiss then retreats to join her comrades.

R2T12: Korian tumbles into the chamber.

R2T11.9: Ka'Xet, you are 15' from this thing, and the rest of the party is in the chamber behind you. What do you do?

I/S
Ripclaw: 26. (44:56).
Celiss: 12.1.
Korian: 12. Infected, to take place end R11T26.
* Aid: +1 morale to attack/ saves vs fear, til end R31T7.
Ka'Xet: 11.9.
* Voicebox punctured for 2 hours. Left eye injured 4 days (-4 Spot).
Lazer: 7.
Darrius: 6. Hide in darkness.

lostsole31
2011-10-24, 04:27 PM
R2T11.9: Ka'Xet knows that he is the most vulnerable member of the group when it comes to armor-vs-speed. He tosses his mindblade at it, but it doesn't quite cut through the creature's hide. He then falls back at a (for him) stunning 40' move to be well into the room.

R2T7: Lazer makes sure to move next to Celiss, and casts CLW on her to bring her to full.

R2T6: Darrius, you are closest to the entrance from the hallway, where the creature would end up being surrounded by you and your comrades. Do you ready an action to attack 'from the darkness' once it passes and gets into the kill-circle?

I/S
Ripclaw: 26. (44:56).
Celiss: 12.1.
Korian: 12. Infected, to take place end R11T26.
* Aid: +1 morale to attack/ saves vs fear, til end R31T7.
Ka'Xet: 11.9.
* Voicebox punctured for 2 hours. Left eye injured 4 days (-4 Spot).
Lazer: 7.
Darrius: 6. Hide in darkness.

lostsole31
2011-10-25, 02:00 AM
R2T6: Darrius tries to dissolve into the shadows as best he can as he waits and hopes for the creature to take the bait.

End Round 2, Begin Round 3 ...

R3T26: The strange creature tears around the corner right into the net of tasty morsels waiting for it. It faces to the right (Lazer and Celiss stand by each other), and tries to bite at the dwarf but Lazer is too agile for the clumsy bite.

R3T23: Darrius erupts from darkness to attack from behind, flanking with Ka'Xet (on the far side, inmost of the group). He touches the thing on the bizarre, wriggly-suckered back at a point he thinks would be a good target, but to his dismay, Darrius only does 8 electricity damage. It seems that even flanking, he wasn't able to distract the thing enough to get a 'sweet spot' on the monster.

R3T12.1: Celiss, you are flanking the monster with Korian. What do you do?

I/S
Ripclaw: 26. (36:56).
Darrius: 23. Hidden in darkness. DELAYING!!!
Celiss: 12.1.
Korian: 12. Infected, to take place end R11T26.
* Aid: +1 morale to attack/ saves vs fear, til end R31T7.
Ka'Xet: 11.9.
* Voicebox punctured for 2 hours. Left eye injured 4 days (-4 Spot).
Lazer: 7.

lostsole31
2011-10-28, 02:16 AM
R3T12.1: Celiss considers simply pummeling the creature with her fists and elbows, but decides that doing so would be insufficient to truly damage it...at least, without some magical enhancement. Clearing her mind, Celiss adopts a more defensive stance, carefully dividing her attention between the intricate arcane intonations, the accompanying hand movements and keeping her defenses up. As Celiss finishes the spell, she feels new power fill her, magically buttressing the already present muscles in her form.

R3T12: Korian, seeing Darrius' strike, grunts out, "Immune to precision strikes and blows to vital organs, I think. We have to take these savaged creatures with pure, sustained brute force."

His stance is no longer so feral, becoming much more enigmatic as frost swirls around him, partially concealing his form. Despite his claim that precise strikes do not good, he still focuses the cold energy surrounding him so it goes into his blade for a single, dedicated strike that hits the thing in the left elbow for a weak 4 damage and nothing else.

R3T11.9: Ka'Xet, you are flanking with Darrius, and you are the one furthest into this chamber. Your bow is in hand (which would be bad to use in melee unless you stepped back 5' (and thus deny Darrius flanking), and your mindblade is not manifested. What do you do?

I/S
Ripclaw: 26. (44:56).
Celiss: 12.1. Bull's strength.
Korian: 12. Infected, to take place end R11T26.
* Aid: +1 morale to attack/ saves vs fear, til end R31T7.
Ka'Xet: 11.9.
* Voicebox punctured for 2 hours. Left eye injured 4 days (-4 Spot).
Lazer: 7.
Darrius: 6.

lostsole31
2011-11-01, 07:03 PM
R3T11.9: Ka'Xet drops his bow, manifests his mindblade, and attacks, but the creature's bizarre hide deflects the blow.

R3T7: Lazer attacks with his warhammer and misses.

R3T6: Darrius attacks with his lightning gauntlet, but the creature seems to be wary and dodges.

End Round 3, Begin Round 4 ....

R4T26: The monster goes into a whirling fury at its surrounding attackers. It jumps to slash Celiss with its talons, but her shield spell saves her from harm. It slashes at her with its foreclaws but she deflects and dodges both. It then reaches over to bite Ka'Xet in his right thigh for 10 damage.

R4T12.1: Celiss?

I/S
Ripclaw: 26. (44:56).
Celiss: 12.1. Bull's strength.
Korian: 12. Infected, to take place end R11T26.
* Aid: +1 morale to attack/ saves vs fear, til end R31T7.
Ka'Xet: 11.9. INFECTED, take place end R14T26.
* Voicebox punctured for 2 hours. Left eye injured 4 days (-4 Spot).
Lazer: 7.
Darrius: 6.

lostsole31
2011-11-03, 01:49 PM
With the vicious bite to his thigh, Ka'Xet tries to curse, but his voicebox is injured.

R4T12.1: [Celiss, feeling the strength given by her spell rush through her as she moves, strikes at the beast twice, once with a spell-strengthened punch and then with a kick from below, hoping to exploit even the smallest weakness in the beast's defense. The first strike just barely gets through the thing's hide, thanks to the distraction provided by Darrius on the other side, doing 3 mod damage. The second strike cannot penetrate, however.

R4T12: Korian, still partially hidden in trails of frost, is able to coat his rapier, teeth, and claw with ice again. His rapier hits the thing in the right upper chest for 4 weapon and 8 cold damage. As the rapier goes high, his left claw swipes down at the thing's right foot. The claw sticks in just a little - not enough to do any weapon damage - but enough for the ice to do 8 cold as his jaws snap threateningly and the ice on the weapons breaks or slides off.

R4T11.9: Ka'Xet? You are flanking with Korian. What do you do?

I/S
Ripclaw: 26. (21:56).
Celiss: 12.1. Bull's strength.
Korian: 12. Infected, to take place end R11T26.
* Aid: +1 morale to attack/ saves vs fear, til end R31T7.
Ka'Xet: 11.9. INFECTED, take place end R14T26.
* Voicebox punctured for 2 hours. Left eye injured 4 days (-4 Spot).
Lazer: 7.
Darrius: 6.

lostsole31
2011-11-03, 03:15 PM
R4T11.9: Ka'Xet stabs and misses.

R4T7: A surprise hit scored by the feisty rabbi for 5 damage with his warhammer, plus 2 fire.

R4T6: Darrius, you are currently flanking with Celiss and Lazer. What do you do?

I/S
Ripclaw: 26. (16:56).
Celiss: 12.1. Bull's strength.
Korian: 12. Infected, to take place end R11T26.
* Aid: +1 morale to attack/ saves vs fear, til end R31T7.
Ka'Xet: 11.9. INFECTED, take place end R14T26.
* Voicebox punctured for 2 hours. Left eye injured 4 days (-4 Spot).
Lazer: 7.
Darrius: 6.

lostsole31
2011-11-07, 05:33 AM
R4T6: Darrius touches the right talon of the creature with his lightning gauntlet for 6 electricity.

End Round 4, Begin Round 5 ...

R5T26: The monster leaps at Rabbi Eliezer with its talons, scoring a crit on his right shoulder for a horrifying 22 damage, showing an exposed rotator cuff and the dwarf fares very badly. A foreclaw swipe at Celiss is deflected by her shield, but the second slashes across her right thigh for 6 damage. It then bites at Darrius, and only his scales save him from harm.

R5T12.1: Celiss, what do you do?

I/S
Ripclaw: 26. (10:56).
Celiss: 12.1. Bull's strength. Shield.
Korian: 12. Infected, to take place end R11T26.
* Aid: +1 morale to attack/ saves vs fear, til end R31T7.
Ka'Xet: 11.9. INFECTED, take place end R14T26.
* Voicebox punctured for 2 hours. Left eye injured 4 days (-4 Spot).
Lazer: 7.
Darrius: 6.

lostsole31
2011-11-08, 02:59 AM
R5T12.1: Celiss determines that, as she lacks healing powers and trying to use her newly-discovered inner reserves of arcane energy would be both difficult and all but useless, she will simply continue to hammer the creature, hoping to kill it before it can do more damage. Celiss considers using her potion for a moment before discarding the idea - unless this thing landed another devastating hit, it would probably be better to save it. As such, she moves for another kick, followed by an elbow jab. Her kick, however, lacks much of the power that her elbow jab has, the latter doing a mere 1 mod damage to its right forearm. At this point, however, every little bit helps, and it is badly, badly wounded.

R5T12: His rapier only manages to hit home courtesy of the spell and flanking, stabbing through its left forearm to also strike into its side for 5 damage. This thing surely has to go down in the next hit or two. His claw slashes across the thing's head but does no damage. His bite misses. "Well, I've run out of tricks," says Korian disappointedly.

R5T11.9: Ka'Xet? Time to redeem yourself. What do you do? Be sure to add +2 to attack rolls for flanking.

I/S
Ripclaw: 26. (4:56).
Celiss: 12.1. Bull's strength. Shield.
Korian: 12. Infected, to take place end R11T26.
* Aid: +1 morale to attack/ saves vs fear, til end R31T7.
Ka'Xet: 11.9. INFECTED, take place end R14T26.
* Voicebox punctured for 2 hours. Left eye injured 4 days (-4 Spot).
Lazer: 7.
Darrius: 6.

lostsole31
2011-11-12, 03:14 AM
R5T11.9: Ka'Xet gives a wicked thrust to the thing's very low back/tailbone for 7 damage. Impossible as it seems, this thing still stands.

R5T7: Darrius?

I/S
Ripclaw: 26. (-3:56).
Celiss: 12.1. Bull's strength. Shield.
Korian: 12. Infected, to take place end R11T26.
* Aid: +1 morale to attack/ saves vs fear, til end R31T7.
Ka'Xet: 11.9. INFECTED, take place end R14T26.
* Voicebox punctured for 2 hours. Left eye injured 4 days (-4 Spot).
Lazer: 7.
Darrius: 6.

lostsole31
2011-11-14, 07:03 PM
R5T7: Badly, badly wounded, the dwarven doctor steps back 5' out of range and casts a spell on himself for 19 healing, putting him back in the green.

R5T6: Darrius tries to slide past the creature's rending claws to make contact with his gauntlet, hoping it'll be the blow to put the thing down, but he can't land a blow.

End Round 5, Begin Round 6 ...

R6T26: The monster lashes out with both talons at Ka'Xet, hitting him for 12 damage. Korian blocks a claw, but the thing spings around at Ka'Xet again, this time getting a claw across his neck for 5 damage, and Ka' is now significantly wounded. It bites at Celiss, and crits but fails to super-crit, biting her in the neck for 14 damage, putting her in the yellow.

R6T12.1: Celiss, you just got a nasty bite in the neck and your wounds are starting to accumulate. Lazer is behind and to your right, since he needed to heal. You are flanking with Darrius. What do you do?

I/S
Ripclaw: 26. (-3:56).
Celiss: 12.1. Bull's strength. Shield.
Korian: 12. Infected, to take place end R11T26.
* Aid: +1 morale to attack/ saves vs fear, til end R31T7.
Ka'Xet: 11.9. INFECTED, take place end R14T26.
* Voicebox punctured for 2 hours. Left eye injured 4 days (-4 Spot).
Lazer: 7.
Darrius: 6.

lostsole31
2011-11-17, 02:43 AM
R6T12.1: Celiss feels anger rise within her, blocking out the pain and nearly bringing her into another reckless attack sequence. She, however, opts to instead try and beat on the creature more defensively, stabbing with her sword once while her other limbs stay close, in a defensive stance.

R6T12: Korian stabs the thing in the neck for 7 damage. Even though it would make sense for it to bite reflexively in its death throes at Korian, for some reason it bites at Celiss instead. Only because of her desperate defensive fighting does the thing .... just ... miss, getting stopped at last by her thin scales. Its body then erupts into a pool of corrosive goo.

Because of it biting around her (despite no damage), a large amount splashes on Celiss. It looks like she would've been doused with a crippling amount of acid, but only takes 1 acid damage, as he scales seem to hold back most of the acid. It seems there is yet more for her to learn and enjoy about her heritage!

The backlash of acid likewise splashes heavily on Darrius, and his dragon mantle only protects him of half the pain as he still takes 3 acid damage.

Korian and Ka'Xet manage to dodge in time, and Lazer was just out of reach.

Immediately, Lazer says, "Everyone move around that pool and come to me. Korian, I think you've been infected, which is why it didn't bite you. I need to check everyone's wounds, starting with those that were bitten. Hurry up, now! Ka'Xet, I need you to help me."

R7: He diagnoses Korian, believing him to be infected. He prays to Moradin and healing magic washes into the god-son, and while it does not healing, the area where he was bitten seems to now be clean.

R8: "Okay, this time, I need Korian to help me check Ka'Xet."

Sure enough, Ka'Xet was also infected. "Dear Moradin," the rabbi says, feeling exhausted from the day's spellcasting. "I don't know if I have anything left in me. I am tired such that I can't focus on your blessings after that last prayer. If you have any faith in your servant's righteousness, please help me draw out this vile infection."

Even though he did not cast a prayer-spell, holy magic likewise cleanses Ka'Xet's wound, though not healing the wound itself.

R9-10: Ka'Xet is a good (though currently mute) assistant to Doctor Cohen, but they cannot see any signs of disease on Celiss ... especially after that particularly horrible bite she received. However, he tries to treat her with mundane medicinal ability, using his healer's kit. Ka'Xet does magnificently to aid the doctor in a top-notch job.

"My dear Celiss, I see no signs of infection ... but I cannot be sure. My magic is so spare right now, but I think my unguents and such have helped that you should be fine. Everyone else, I want you to observe Celiss. Let me know if she starts to turn, and I'll try to channel every ounce of magic I possibly have to save her."

The doctor then uses the healing wand on everyone. Korian (2 charges), Celiss (6 charges), Ka'Xet (5 charges), Darrius (3 charges), Self (1 charge). That took 17 rounds.

I/S
Ripclaw: 26. (-3:56).
Celiss: 12.1. Bull's strength. Shield.
Korian: 12. 20% miss chance! (Child of Shadow)
* Aid: +1 morale to attack/ saves vs fear, til end R31T7.
Ka'Xet: 11.9.
* Voicebox punctured for 2 hours. Left eye injured 4 days (-4 Spot).
Lazer: 7.
Darrius: 6.

lostsole31
2011-11-17, 03:36 PM
R1T22: Hooting and howling come closer as a pirate appears in front of Korian and swipes at the flat-footed wolverine-man with his scimitar, cutting him along his outer right bicep for 9 damage, and sending Korian into a blood-rage.

R1T17: Celiss, there is a split-off right next to you, and another on the same side behind the pirate. Perhaps they connect ... which might give you a means to attack the savage pirate. What do you do?

I/S
SP1: 22.
Korian: 21.9. 20% miss chance! (Child of Shadow)
Celiss: 17.
Lazer: 9.
Darrius: 6.
Ka'Xet: 4.
* Voicebox punctured for 2 hours. Left eye injured 4 days (-4 Spot).

lostsole31
2011-11-17, 04:10 PM
R1T22: Hooting and howling come closer as a pirate appears in front of Korian and swipes at the flat-footed wolverine-man with his scimitar, cutting him along his outer right bicep for 9 damage, and sending Korian into a blood-rage.

[Whoops, forgot Korian ...]

R1T21.9: Korian rimes his weapons with ice. He stabs the pirate in the right thigh for 9 damage + 2 cold. He claws the thing in its groin - his claws do no damage, but it takes 6 cold damage. He bites the thing in its left knee for no weapon damage and 2 cold.

R1T17: Celiss moves as quickly as she can into the split-off, coming in behind the pirate as she tries to skewer it. Her slipping coming around the corner, despite flanking with Korian, is enough for her short sword to puncture the pirate's masterwork studded leather armor, but not its hide.

R1T9: Lazer uses the wand and heals Korian of all the damage he took.

R1T6: Darrius, there's no way to get to the thing now that Celiss came from the far side. You delay ...

R1T4: Ka'Xet, what do you do?

I/S
SP1: 22. (-33:12)
Korian: 21.9. 20% miss chance! (Child of Shadow)
Celiss: 17.
Lazer: 9.
Darrius: 6.
Ka'Xet: 4.
* Voicebox punctured for 2 hours. Left eye injured 4 days (-4 Spot).

lostsole31
2011-11-17, 07:48 PM
R1T4: Ka'Xet throws his mindblade at the pirate-thingy and manifests another. His weapon strikes the thing through his left hand for 8 damage. It snaps its jaws at Celiss before erupting in an acid puddle, but Korian and Celiss both dodge ... and Korian's blood rage ends.

Combat Ends ...

No sooner does this happen then another pops out of a side tunnel and up to Celiss, while a third appears from the back to threaten Ka'Xet.

R1T21: Celiss' aggressor surprises her from behind but misses with his scimitar.

R1T15: Ka'Xet's aggressor, however, misses critting the xeph's head, only doing 7 damage.

R1T14: Ka'Xet, you now have one that just hit you with a scimitar. What do you do ... mindblade in your hand?

I/S
SP2: 21.
SP3: 15.
Ka'Xet: 14.
* Voicebox punctured for 2 hours. Left eye injured 4 days (-4 Spot).
Darrius: 12.
Lazer: 11.
Korian: 7. 20% miss chance! (Child of Shadow)
Celiss: 5.

lostsole31
2011-11-21, 04:56 AM
R1T14: Ka'Xet has been getting bounced around a lot lately. He's blind in one eye, he can't speak, and he just got whalloped in the head (again). He imbues his mindblade with psychic energy and stabs but fails to penetrate its hide.

R1T12: Darrius? Do you delay, or do you duck out the same tunnel Celiss did to go forward, instead trying to make your way back behind the pirate attacking Ka'Xet. The problem with the latter is you might take a wrong tunnel and then be separated if there are other enemies. What do you do?

I/S
SP2: 21.
SP3: 15.
Ka'Xet: 14. Psychic Energy +1d8.
* Voicebox punctured for 2 hours. Left eye injured 4 days (-4 Spot).
Darrius: 12.
Lazer: 11.
Korian: 7. 20% miss chance! (Child of Shadow)
Celiss: 5.

lostsole31
2011-11-26, 03:23 PM
R1T12: Darrius takes a step back and tries to fade away into the gloom as he draws his crossbow and seeks out an alternate path of attack.

R1T11: Lazer delays ...

R1T7: Korian unstraps his masterwork pilum and throws it at the one attacking Ka'Xet, but throws high overhead.

R1T5: Celiss?

I/S
SP2: 21. (5:12). On Celiss.
SP3: 15. On Ka'Xet.
Ka'Xet: 14. Psychic Energy +1d8.
* Voicebox punctured for 2 hours. Left eye injured 4 days (-4 Spot).
Darrius: 12.
Lazer: 11. DELAYING!!!
Korian: 7. 20% miss chance! (Child of Shadow)
Celiss: 5.

lostsole31
2011-11-26, 07:25 PM
R1T5: Celiss shifts her weight slightly and strikes again, hoping to take full advantage of the pirate's split attention. Both strikes, one with her right elbow and the other with her left fist, carry close to the full power that the mage can bring to bear for a total of 5 mod damage with both strikes. You think it should be disabled, but by now you realize that these things run to the very limits of physical capacity and beyond.

End Round 1, Begin Round 2 ...

R2T21: The pirate's scimitar misses Celiss and glances off the wall, while his bite is swatted aside.

R2T15: The pirate on Ka'Xet likewise misses with its scimitar on a high swing, but came down low with a bite to catch the xeph on his right calf and shin for 4 damage.

R2T14.5: Lazer moves over to tap Ka'Xet with the wand for 8 healing, greatly revitalizing the soulknife.

R2T14: Ka'Xet, your mindblade is currently charged with psychic energy and an enemy is in front of you. What do you do?

I/S
SP2: 21. (0:12). On Celiss.
SP3: 15. On Ka'Xet.
Lazer: 14.5.
Ka'Xet: 14. Psychic Energy +1d8. Not infected.
* Voicebox punctured for 2 hours. Left eye injured 4 days (-4 Spot).
Darrius: 12.
Korian: 7. 20% miss chance! (Child of Shadow)
Celiss: 5.

lostsole31
2011-11-27, 03:34 AM
R2T14: Ka'Xet tries to make a rasping noise, but it ends up sounding like a very weak hiss. What isn't weak, however, is his psychically-amped stab to the pirate's left knee for 11 damage.You forgot I mentioned that you had psychic energy imbued into the weapon which gave you another +1d8 (in this case +6) damage.
R2T12: Darrius, these tunnels are nuts. Worse, you can't 'listen' for the best place to go since the howls and jibbering echo so strongly here, making you go around a bit.

R12T7: Korian envelops his weapons with cold again, but they all miss or are blocked by the pirate's scimitar.

R2T5: Celiss?

I/S
SP2: 21. (0:12). On Celiss.
SP3: 15. (1:12). On Ka'Xet.
Lazer: 14.5.
Ka'Xet: 14. Psychic Energy +1d8. Not infected.
* Voicebox punctured for 2 hours. Left eye injured 4 days (-4 Spot).
Darrius: 12.
Korian: 7. 20% miss chance! (Child of Shadow)
Celiss: 5.

lostsole31
2011-11-27, 07:21 PM
R2T5: Celiss, hoping to finally finish the annoying creature, tries to hit it with one palm strike, followed by a high kick from the same side. Her palm strike lacks the speed necessary to do channel her strength, but her kick has accuracy that's close to the best possible for such an attack. It, however, lacks the destructive power the palm strike should have delivered and thus she doesn't hurt the pirate with either.

End Round 2, Begin Round 3 ...

R3T21: The flanked pirate tries to show Celiss what she lacks but misses wildly with the scimitar. On the other hand - well, the other head, actually - it launches forward with a bite on her cheek and ear that misses crunching into the temple and does 4 damage.

R3T15: The pirate at the rear has its attacks turned by the xeph's mithral chain shirt.

R3T14.5: Lazer delays ...

R3T14: Ka'Xet, Lazer is behind you with the healing wand, though you only are minorly scratched right now. Since you don't have iterative attacks, it should cost you nothing to imbue your mindblade with psychic energy again (a MA - Move Action). What do you do

I/S
SP2: 21. (0:12). On Celiss.
SP3: 15. (1:12). On Ka'Xet.
Lazer: 14.5. DELAYING!!!
Ka'Xet: 14. Psychic Energy +1d8. Not infected.
* Voicebox punctured for 2 hours. Left eye injured 4 days (-4 Spot).
Darrius: 12.
Korian: 7. 20% miss chance! (Child of Shadow)
Celiss: 5.

lostsole31
2011-11-29, 03:47 AM
R3T14: Ka'Xet's mindblade flares and glows with a brighter light. Ka'Xet swings thrusts at his opponent. (Remember, it's like a short sword ... not a short 'blade'.) He hits his opponent squarely in the chest for 13 damage! The pirate tries to bite Ka'Xet in his death throes before erupting into an acid puddle, which the nimble xeph avoids.

R3T12: Darrius finally finds his way to the back of the bus, only to find that the pirate is killed, and he doesn't have a straight shot to the combat up front.

R3T7: Korian's weapons retain their icy sheen. His rapier draws the pirate's scimitar offline to allow Korian to have a clear swipe to his offhand forearm for no claw damage, but 3 cold damage. As the pirate shivers, Korian dives low to bite his left foot for 4 cold damage.

R3T5: Celiss, can you finish this thing off?

I/S
SP2: 21. (-7:12). On Celiss.
Lazer: 14.5. DELAYING!!!
Ka'Xet: 14. Psychic Energy +1d8. Not infected.
* Voicebox punctured for 2 hours. Left eye injured 4 days (-4 Spot).
Darrius: 12.
Korian: 7. 20% miss chance! (Child of Shadow)
Celiss: 5.

DEAD
SP1, 3.

lostsole31
2011-11-30, 03:04 AM
Ka'Xet starts to make strange gesticulations ... probably some religious ritual, practiced by his race, for honoring fallen dead.

R3T5: Celiss, deciding that she needs a single, more accurate attack rather than multiple less accurate ones, shifts her weight as if she plans to use a knee strike but then thrusting with her sword, hoping to finish the battle with one strike. She is poised to take advantage of this opening...You aren't trained - i.e., Improved Feint - to be quick with feints in combat. Feinting in combat is a standard action, which takes up your attack. On your next action/attack, your opponent is flat-footed. Unfortunately, you have to make the attack before your next turn, which means it has to provoke an AOO.
End Round 3, Begin Round 4 ...

R4T21: The pirate attacks Korian, but is fended off.

R4T14: Ka'Xet doesn't have a clear shot to this thing just slightly around the corner.

R4T12: Likewise Darrius ...

R4T7: Yet again, frost-rimed weapons for Korian ... a perfect stab to the thing's head with his rapier for 8 weapon and 6 cold damage. It misses with its bite and erupts, which Korian and Celiss both dodge.

Combat Ends ...

I/S
SP2: 21. (-7:12). On Celiss.
Lazer: 14.5. DELAYING!!!
Ka'Xet: 14. Psychic Energy +1d8. Not infected.
* Voicebox punctured for 2 hours. Left eye injured 4 days (-4 Spot).
Darrius: 12.
Korian: 7. 20% miss chance! (Child of Shadow)
Celiss: 5.

DEAD
SP1, 3.

lostsole31
2011-11-30, 05:23 AM
R1T26-24: This woman brilliantly blocks attacks from two pirates.

R1T22: Darrius, you already know by now that sneak attacks just don't work on these guys. You are 15' from the nearest pirate. What do you do? Only three PCs can fight side-by-side before no other hero can get through, but you do the most damage with your lightning gauntlets.

I/S
SP1: 26.
SP2: 24.
Darrius: 22.
SP3: 21.
Celiss: 20.9.
Lazer: 18.
SP4: 17.
Ka'Xet: 16.9.
* Voicebox punctured for 2 hours. Left eye injured 4 days (-4 Spot).
SP5: 9.
SP6: 8.
Korian: 7. 20% miss chance! (Child of Shadow)
Captain Harliss: 6. CE1.

DEAD
xxx

lostsole31
2011-12-01, 03:49 PM
R1T22: The pirates are pretty thickly concentrated, and Darrius can't flank. However, he does splash into the water (wading to shins, not enough to get cover) to come at the flank of that first pirate line. He reaches out to shock the pirate but misses.

R1T21: The woman fends off SP3.

R1T20.9: Celiss, you have 30' to the back line of pirates. Darrius is attacking one standing next to water, but there's no way to flank him (or the other two). What do you do?

I/S
SP1: 26.
SP2: 24.
Darrius: 22. SP6, from water.
SP3: 21.
Celiss: 20.9.
Lazer: 18.
SP4: 17.
Ka'Xet: 16.9.
* Voicebox punctured for 2 hours. Left eye injured 4 days (-4 Spot).
SP5: 9.
SP6: 8. Back line, attacked by Darrius on side.
Korian: 7. 20% miss chance! (Child of Shadow)
Captain Harliss: 6. CE1.

DEAD
xxx

lostsole31
2011-12-03, 06:51 PM
R1T20.9: Celiss rushes forwards to strike one of the pirate mutants, gripping her sword, annoyance rushing through her. Only one spell remaining, and it wouldn't be much use on her unless she could draw the attacks of all of the pirates to herself, which wasn't a very good idea in her mind. As she thrusts her blade forwards, hoping to impale the pirate through the midsection for 8 damage, a flash of red covers her vision for a fraction of a second, a brief flow of energy coursing along her arm. It feels sort of like the same force that sent a wave of darkness from her before, but weaker, and more focused Celiss' attack, driven by a force close to the limit of her ability, potentially stabs even deeper than the thought...! And yet, this thing seems to take no additional effect from being stabbed right through the heart. :smallfrown:Since you said 'sword' ... I assume you meant the magic rapier. The only difference between the short sword and the rapier is a little more damage on the rapier, even though you can arcane strike to make your short sword strike like magic.
R1T18: Lazer puts the healing wand away and casts PvsEvil on himself.

R1T17: Another pirate attacks the woman.

R1T16.9: Ka'Xet, are you going to close to melee, or throw a mindblade. There are 8 pirates ... 3 in the back line (1 of which is wounded and threatened by Celiss), and another 2 .... and 5 cornering the woman to the south (which you really can't reach on foot without moving around in a wide arc. What do you do?

I/S
SP1: 26.
SP2: 24.
Darrius: 22. SP6, from water.
SP3: 21.
Celiss: 20.9. SP6.
Lazer: 18. Protection vs Evil.
SP4: 17.
Ka'Xet: 16.9.
* Voicebox punctured for 2 hours. Left eye injured 4 days (-4 Spot).
SP5: 9.
SP6: 8. (4:12). Back line, attacked by Darrius on side; Celiss from front.
Korian: 7. 20% miss chance! (Child of Shadow)
Captain Harliss: 6. CE1.

DEAD
xxx

lostsole31
2011-12-13, 11:23 PM
R1T16.9: Ka'Xet wades into the fray, and proceeds to lay into the Pirate messing with Celiss.From d20 SRD on Concentration, Psionics section, "Gaining Psionic Focus" ...

"If you have 1 or more power points available, you can meditate to attempt to become psionically focused. The DC to become psionically focused is 20. Meditating is a full-round action that provokes attacks of opportunity."

Emphasis mine. You can neither move (other than a 5' free move) nor attack in a round you refocus.
R1T9: The last of the five pirates on the woman breaks and sloshes over to Darrius, cracking his shield elbow for 6 mod damage.

R1T8: The pirate beleaguered by Darrius and Celiss slashes at Celiss with scimitar and bite, but is deflected.

R1T7: Korian drops his pilum and charges forth to close next to Ka'Xet (and the wall). He gives a little jump at the end, such that he is able to attack with both rapier and claw, though both miss.

R1T6: The wounded, not-yet-fully-diseased pirate woman using some semblance of tactical defensive combat (similar to Korian's own style). She begins her 'attack run' and taunts the pirates in front of her. "Ye picked the wrong lass to make a meal of today!"

Her rapier and main gauche both stab into SP3's belly, then she retracts both weapons and stabs him in the right shoulder before it is destroyed (bites/ misses/ she dodges). She throws her main gauche out left to slice SP1 in the left upper arm for 4 mod damage. (Her rapier cuts as if magical, but not so her main gauche.) A third attack with the rapier is blocked by SP1, and her third main gauche attack is likewise swatted aside.

R1T6-5: SP7 (facing Ka'Xet) misses with his scimitar, and his bite is blocked by the xeph. SP8 (facing Korian) trades weapon strikes with the wolverine-manboy.

End Round 1, Begin Round 2 ...

R2T26-27: SP1+2 attack the woman, but fail.

R2T22: Darrius, you are knee-deep in water facing Celiss' opponent, who is badly wounded. You also have this new savage pirate that waded in and up to your left (he broke off from those attacking the woman). What do you do?

I/S
SP1: 26. (8:12).
SP2: 24.
Darrius: 22. SP6, from water.
Celiss: 20.9. SP6.
Lazer: 18. Protection vs Evil.
SP4: 17.
Ka'Xet: 16.9.
* Voicebox punctured for 2 hours. Left eye injured 4 days (-4 Spot).
SP5: 9.
SP6: 8. (4:12). Back line, attacked by Darrius on side; Celiss from front.
Korian: 7. 20% miss chance! (Child of Shadow)
Captain Harliss: 6. CE1.
SP7: 6. Ka'Xet.
SP8: 5. Korian.

DEAD
SP3.

lostsole31
2011-12-15, 12:46 AM
R2T22: Darrius switches his focus over to the one that struck him and reaches out with one arm while the other is kept close to his body, throbbing in pain. His hand wraps around the pirate's upper swordarm for a whopping 15 electricity damage before Darrius releases the short-term hold. In that single stroke, the pirate already is operating well past its normal limits.

R2T20.9: Celiss, you are squared off against SP6, who is pretty wounded. To your fwd-right is Ka's opponent (unwounded). To your fwd-left is that pirate in the water that Darrius just shocked. What do you do?

I/S
SP1: 26. (8:12).
SP2: 24.
Darrius: 22. SP6, from water. SP5 from side-water.
Celiss: 20.9. SP6.
Lazer: 18. Protection vs Evil.
SP4: 17.
Ka'Xet: 16.9.
* Voicebox punctured for 2 hours. Left eye injured 4 days (-4 Spot).
SP5: 9. (-3:12). Attacking Darrius from water.
SP6: 8. (4:12). Back line, attacked by Darrius on side; Celiss from front.
Korian: 7. 20% miss chance! (Child of Shadow)
Captain Harliss: 6. CE1.
SP7: 6. Ka'Xet.
SP8: 5. Korian.

DEAD
SP3.

lostsole31
2011-12-15, 03:51 AM
R2T20.9: Celiss takes another jab at the injured pirate-thing before her, hoping to take it down so she can aid her allies with their own enemies. While the thrust is quite accurate, she's unable to but as much strength into the blow as she would have liked, stabbing it in its cutlass-shoulder for 6 damage. It seems to be operating on adrenaline now.

R2T18: Lazer moves up behind Celiss, but reaches to his fwd-right to touch Ka'Xet with protection against evil.

R2T17: SP4 attacks the woman.

R2T16.9: Ka'Xet, your opponent is unwounded. The one to fwd-left (Celiss) is badly wounded. The one to fwd-right (Korian) is unwounded. What do you do?

I/S
SP1: 26. (8:12).
SP2: 24.
Darrius: 22. SP6, from water. SP5 from side-water.
Celiss: 20.9. SP6.
Lazer: 18. Protection vs Evil.
SP4: 17.
Ka'Xet: 16.9. Protection vs Evil.
* Voicebox punctured for 2 hours. Left eye injured 4 days (-4 Spot).
SP5: 9. (-3:12). Attacking Darrius from water.
SP6: 8. (-2:12). Back line, attacked by Darrius on side; Celiss from front.
Korian: 7. 20% miss chance! (Child of Shadow)
Captain Harliss: 6. CE1.
SP7: 6. Ka'Xet.
SP8: 5. Korian.

DEAD
SP3.

lostsole31
2011-12-18, 05:23 AM
R2T16.9: Ka'Xet stabs to the side, hitting the badly wounded pirate in the knee for 9 damage. It bites at Ka'Xet before erupting, and all three heroes on that one manage to duck away from any splash.

R2T9: The badly wounded one in the water with Darrius attacks the aqua-man, slamming him in the neck with what would've been a super-crit, but his adamant pauldrons protect him from further harm, and he only takes 3 mod damage.Holy crap! Talk about lucky .... I rolled up the crit, just because I was curious what would've happened. Rolled 98% on the super-crit chart. In addition to another 4 damage, the super crit reads: "Throat cut, DC 25 Fort save or die, 3d6 Con damage on a successful save." HOLY CRAP!!! You'da needed a 15 or better natural roll on the die. Rolling for morbid knowledge, even if you saved, you would've taken 10 Con damage, dropping you by half. This would've taken you down to a mere 1 hp. Bleh. If ever there was a time to do the happy dance for your adamant pauldrons saving your butt .... now was the time :smallcool:His bite misses.

R2T7: Korian's weapons are coated with frost. He stabs his opponent in the head for 6 weapon and 7 cold damage. His claw and bite miss, but his opponent is already working on a deficit.

R2T6: The woman asks, "Hungry?" as she stabs the first pirate in its belly for 15 damage. "Have a taste o' me cold steel, ya' stinkin carcass!"

She then cuts it across its right knee with her main gauche for 4 mod damage, enough for it to erupt (SP1). She then looks at SP4 well to her right and stabs him through the left elbow with the rapier for 15 damage, and stabs him in the chest with her main gauche for 3 mod damage. She makes a circular recover and stabs him in the gut to finish him off, leaving the one in front of her (not counting the 2nd line with the heroes). She makes a distracting slash with her dagger, which is blocked.

R2T6: Ka'Xet's pirate cuts him across the right shoulder 8 damage, but the xeph just barely blocks the bite with his mindblade.

R2T5: Fighting beyond its reserves, Korian's opponent fights quite well, but the arena champion's are just too good.

End Round 2, Begin Round 3 ...

R3T24: The woman's last foe has his blade and bite battered aside easily.

R3T22: Darrius, you have one badly wounded pirate next to you in the water. What do you do?

Celiss on deck ...

I/S
SP2: 24. Last on Captain.
Darrius: 22. SP6, from water. SP5 from side-water.
Celiss: 20.9. SP6.
Lazer: 18. Protection vs Evil.
Ka'Xet: 16.9. Protection vs Evil.
* Voicebox punctured for 2 hours. Left eye injured 4 days (-4 Spot).
SP5: 9. (-3:12). Attacking Darrius from water.
Korian: 7. 20% miss chance! (Child of Shadow)
Captain Harliss: 6. CE1.
SP7: 6. Ka'Xet.
SP8: 5. (-1:12). Korian.

DEAD
SP 1,3,4, 6.

lostsole31
2011-12-20, 06:35 PM
R3T22: Darrius reels back from the blow, motes of azure light crawling across his neck as he feels the power resting there hold tissues together that should have, by all rights, torn and ruptured. He chokes for a moment and struggles to breathe as he leans forward, intent on shocking the wounded pirate so that doesn't happen again. He zaps the pirate in the left shoulder, blasting the bones there. The pirate snaps at him with his jaws before splashing into acid. Being in the water doesn't help as the acid quickly surges forth on the surface to get Darrius, his dragon mantle helping reduce the burns to 3 acid damage. Still, splash one more pirate, three remaining.

R3T20.9: Celiss, only three more pirates left. One on the woman, one on Korian, but one to your fwd-right facing Ka'Xet. What do you do?

I/S
SP2: 24. Last on Captain.
Darrius: 22.
Celiss: 20.9.
Lazer: 18. Protection vs Evil.
Ka'Xet: 16.9. Protection vs Evil.
* Voicebox punctured for 2 hours. Left eye injured 4 days (-4 Spot).
Korian: 7. 20% miss chance! (Child of Shadow)
Captain Harliss: 6. CE1.
SP7: 6. Ka'Xet.
SP8: 5. (-1:12). Korian.

DEAD
SP 1,3,4,5,6.

lostsole31
2011-12-21, 01:41 PM
R3T20.9: Celiss, if she can do so without attracting the attention of the pirate with her momentarily lowered guard, moves so that she and Ka'Xet flank it. She gets to its right, and will flank it next turn if it doesn't move. She then proceeds to follow the family recipe for acid kabobs by adding a healthy serving of rapier, stabbing it from the side into its swordarm and through some into its chest for 8 damage.

R3T18: Darrius' water enemy gone, Lazer splashes around the side to come up behind the Ka'Xet-Celiss pirate, now flanking with the xeph. He swings wildly, and just barely recovers so as to keep his warhammer from flying out of his grasp.

R3T16.9: Ka'Xet, you are flanking your opponent with Lazer. What do you do?

I/S
SP2: 24. Last on Captain.
Darrius: 22.
Celiss: 20.9.
Lazer: 18. Protection vs Evil.
Ka'Xet: 16.9. Protection vs Evil.
* Voicebox punctured for 2 hours. Left eye injured 4 days (-4 Spot).
Korian: 7. 20% miss chance! (Child of Shadow)
Captain Harliss: 6. CE1.
SP7: 6. (4:12). Ka'Xet front; Celiss right.
SP8: 5. (-1:12). Korian.

DEAD
SP 1,3,4,5,6.

lostsole31
2011-12-22, 03:16 PM
R3T16.9: Ka'Xet tries to take advantage of the pirate being pressed, but the bulk of its attention is still on him and it is a blade-to-blade block.

R3T7: It's become obvious that since the last battles, Korian's preparations have almost totally become focused on fighting this opponent as once again his steel, teeth, and nails are covered in frost. His rapier and claw miss, but he bites his opponent (ew!) in the head. His bite can't get through its resistance to weapons, but it still takes 5 cold damage.

R3T6: "Jebidiah?" the woman says to her last opponent. "Is that you lad? You've looked better, boy. Here, let me send you on your way."

She stabs him in the head for 12 damage, then across the gut for 9 damage, and finally finishes him off with a rapier to the groin, upwards into the body, splashing it. She finally takes one toss of her main gauche, which goes flying to hit Korian's opponent in the back and splashing it.

R3T6: One pirate left, and four heroes threaten it. It just focuses its remaining rage on Ka'Xet. Its blade is blocked, but the xeph just barely gets his face away from its bite!

End Round 3, Begin Round 4 ...

R4T22: Darrius, you can move up to the left or right of Celiss to attack the last pirate. What do you do?

I/S
Darrius: 22.
Celiss: 20.9.
Lazer: 18. Protection vs Evil.
Ka'Xet: 16.9. Protection vs Evil.
* Voicebox punctured for 2 hours. Left eye injured 4 days (-4 Spot).
Korian: 7. 20% miss chance! (Child of Shadow)
Captain Harliss: 6. CE1.
SP7: 6. (4:12). Ka'Xet front; Celiss right.

DEAD
SP 1,2,3,4,5,6,8.

lostsole31
2011-12-23, 08:45 PM
R4T22: Darrius moves in on the left side and reaches out, hoping to silence the last of the current pirates. He just barely brushes against the side of its belly above the hip, but that's enough to zap it for 8 electricity damage. Well below what it should fight with, and yet it is still up.

R4T20.9: Celiss? Looks like a good hit can probably finish this thing now.

I/S
Darrius: 22.
Celiss: 20.9.
Lazer: 18. Protection vs Evil.
Ka'Xet: 16.9. Protection vs Evil.
* Voicebox punctured for 2 hours. Left eye injured 4 days (-4 Spot).
Korian: 7. 20% miss chance! (Child of Shadow)
Captain Harliss: 6. CE1.
SP7: 6. (-4:12). Ka'Xet front; Celiss right.

DEAD
SP 1,2,3,4,5,6,8.

lostsole31
2011-12-24, 06:09 PM
R4T20.9: Celiss aims for a relatively uninjured looking patch of flesh on the pirate, then attempts to convert it into acid with her rapier. While not particularly accurate, her strike has enough strength to pierce the armor of the pirate, if she hits it correctly, only to find that the total unpredictability of this deformed creature makes it hard to know exactly what to target. She stabs at a seemingly exposed armpit as it raised its scimitar to block another attack, only to find out that his armpit has thick armor she couldn't quite pierce.

R4T18: Lazer attacks on a flank and misses, but the attack serves to keep the monster busied.

R4T16.9: Ka'Xet? Technically, this is 'your' opponent. Can you finish it off?

I/S
Darrius: 22.
Celiss: 20.9.
Lazer: 18. Protection vs Evil.
Ka'Xet: 16.9. Protection vs Evil.
* Voicebox punctured for 2 hours. Left eye injured 4 days (-4 Spot).
Korian: 7. 20% miss chance! (Child of Shadow)
Captain Harliss: 6. CE1.
SP7: 6. (-4:12). Ka'Xet front; Celiss right.

DEAD
SP 1,2,3,4,5,6,8.

lostsole31
2011-12-27, 03:24 AM
R4T16.9: Ka'Xet daintily pokes with his mindblade, catching the belly. Once the tip is in the belly, however, he locks eyes with his opponent. Fear, pain, and hatred reside there as Ka'Xet far less daintily slams his blade through the belly and nicks its spine. He draws out his mindblade ... and somehow, some way, some frickin way ... this thing hasn't fallen yet. If a weapon can get past its bizarre defenses, it need only nick this thing to drop it.

R4T7: Korian looks at Ka'Xet and teasingly says with a toothy grin, "Nice job, but you really should finish what you start."

"Okay," he says while his weapons are coated with frost. "Last time to use this tactic."

He hits the thing with a near-perfect shot in the upper left chest. It tires to bite at him, as usual, before splashing into acid. Korian's not as quick to dodge this time, however, and takes 5 acid damage. Ka'Xet also gets sprayed for 3 acid damage. Even Celiss gets sprayed, but her infernal resistance saves her. Darrius and Lazer manage to dodge.

"Damn," says Korian, more appreciatively through the sting than angry, "that one was a bugger. Hard to kill, and did a fine job of going out with a splash when he did go."


I/S
Darrius: 22.
Celiss: 20.9.
Lazer: 18. Protection vs Evil.
Ka'Xet: 16.9. Protection vs Evil.
* Voicebox punctured for 2 hours. Left eye injured 4 days (-4 Spot).
Korian: 7. 20% miss chance! (Child of Shadow)
Captain Harliss: 6. CE1.

DEAD
All 8 savage pirates.

lostsole31
2012-01-01, 05:02 AM
DarriusI had actually thought the same thing about that mantle, and there's no way I would've defaulted that to be a dihk. Bluff, like all Interaction rolls, are rolled by me.ALCONThe default, running through a festival street, is that none of you have a weapon OUT and in hand.
The gnome looks at Darrius incredulously with fast growing rage. "What?! I know a Big-Folk's torso when its slammed into me!"

The inebriated gnome swings wildly, and Darrius only has to move slightly for the foolish gnome to miss entirely.

R1T20: Though not particular deft-footed at all, the drunk recovers quickly from his 'surprise' punch. He comes in much more surely, and still not quite fully in belief, Darrius doesn't move out of the way. He charlies horses the outer side of Darrius' thigh for all of his for max 2 NL (nonlethal) damage.

R1T13: Darrius, It smarts a little, and this gnome is vaguely stronger than a normal, run-of-the-mill gnome - about as much as a human - so he might be a barely-trained warrior, which jives with some weak combat stance. However, he is no more a skilled brawler than yourself, Darrius. Environmentally, neither of you is 'squeezing,' but the crowd hasn't yet clued into the fact that there's a brawl in the square, so there are no other open squares to move to for combat considerations, unless you simply try to use your speed advantage to leave. Of course, there's always street cred to think of ..... what do you do?

I/S
Jilanth Turtoso: 20.
Darrius: 13.
Lazer: 12.
Korian: 11. Stance: Blood in the Water.
Crowd: 10.
Kurgol: 9.
Ka'Xet: 8.
* Left eye injured 4 days (-4 Spot).
Celiss: 8.

lostsole31
2012-01-03, 01:07 AM
R1T13: It will be a little clumsy, but Darrius tries to grapple the gnome one-handed, as he carries a heavy shield on his off-arm. But he can't quite get him. "Calm down, you drunken git'!" Darrius says to him.

R1T12: Lazer unimpeded by the crowds, takes out one of the wands and points it at the gnome. He says something in a language that only Korian can understand as the wand glows a little.

"Help!" yelps the gnome. "The mad flying dwarf is trying to take over my mind!"

R1T11: Because of the crowd, Korian can't really get to the scene so delays ...

R1T10: At the cries of the gnome and the flying dwarf with a glowing wand, the crowd presses to the outsides, making a circle. A few women might scream, but the bread-become-circus of the festival has a hungry look in people's eyes and there are chants and calls (and yes, even bets) going on.

Korian looks at Darrius, who may or may not be looking for some help to end this silliness quickly, but the junior member of Zelkarune's Horns that isn't even established enough to be called a pit boy stands inside the circle, but out of combat. "Sorry, man. Even with our mission, it's all you."

R1T9: But the "all you" factor of this battle just changed. Revealed by the circle, much as Korian and the party has been, is a half-orc. Typical mild underslung jaw with two upward protruding tusks. He wears a chain shirt and rough-and-tumble clothing (semi-worn condition), but is not armed. What is most notable about this half-orc is that he is short (for a half-orc). He is only 5'5" tall, but a stocky 185 pounds of rocky-lean muscle.

"Hey, darkie!" he calls to Darrius. "What you like pickin' on little guys? Huh? And you have your god-damned bird-dwarf try casting s**t like a p***y?

"Kurgol! Yeah, now we're gonna' show 'em! You and me!"

"Hey, Jilianth" says the half-orc, "I was gonna teach you a lesson and let him beat you down until his friend tried some queer s**t."

A quick visual size-up, and Darrius perceives that while this guy might be physically more impressive than the gnome, he doesn't look like he's going to be any better. Probably a pushover ....

The half-orc charges, roaring as he does so. Darrius instinctively puts the shield in front of himself, but holds it out to keep it steady while keeping his face distanced, expecting this guy to be foiled.

... and that's when Darrius realizes that he woefully underestimated this guy's skills. He actually runs against the shield with a little hop on his charge, but not to bullrush. With his left hand he pulls the shield against his body just to brace it while swinging over and down with a vertical haymaker that slams Darrius' outstretched bicep for 14 NL damage ... that's gonna' leave a nasty bruise. The shock to his arm tingles a lot, and already Darrius feels his adrenaline pumping hight.

R1T8.9: "Damn," spits Korian. He wheels in behind Kurgol, flanking with Darrius. That light mist of cold surrounds Korian and he only bares his claws to fend off attack. "Listen to me if you can, Kurgol, you're one of the top boxers in the city. We got other fish to fry, and lives are at stake."

R1T8: Ka'Xet, it will only take you 15' of movement to get to Kurgol on one side, or to threaten Kurgol or Jilianth on the other ... or you can be fine from range. Wwhat do you do?

R1T7.9: Celiss, you can also define your action now, as you and Ka' effectively had tied for initiative. What do you do?

I/S
Jilanth Turtoso: 20.
Darrius: 13.
Lazer: 12.
Crowd: 10.
Kurgol: 9.
Korian: 8.9. Stance: Child of shadows. Total defense.
Ka'Xet: 8.
* Left eye injured 4 days (-4 Spot).
Celiss: 7.9.

lostsole31
2012-01-05, 02:55 AM
R1T8: Celiss moves around the group, hoping to help Korian convince the half-orc to stand down. She is, however, aware that he may be unwilling to do so. In that case, she would simply have to hope that this wouldn't take long. Her spells weren't really suited for nonlethal combat, and simply leaving this man a scorched corpse wasn't an option, even if it did seem a bit more tempting than before.

Anger beginning to rise within her, both at herself for even considering this course of action and at these two for blocking them, Celiss speaks. "Right now you have a choice that most people don't get. You can help us save the life of our patron by standing down and letting us pass in peace, or you can hold us up and potentially make us too late to save her.

It's difficult, but the mage manages to keep her voice fairly calm. She can tell, however, that unless they can get moving again the frantic power within her will burst forth. The arcane energy woven into her form was difficult to control - she had the feeling that the burst of darkness she had created before could be 'triggered' in the same fashion, but she doubted that this strange force was the same thing. Power bubbled just below the surface, barely kept in check, and she waited, an intuitive sense telling her that this wasn't going to become a blast of lightning or another potentially deadly effect. Perhaps it would be like that orb of shadow from before, only directed into the same sort of cone as her Burning Hands? With such an effect it might be possible to slip by them...

In a total tough-guy rage, the half-orc shouts, "Nobody's stopping you, girlie! Just you're friend ain't makin' it to the party, for pickin' on me mate."Action readied, without defining what 'in position' happens to be, I have you "moving around the group" to the opposite side - the side to which the group originally hoped to progress, 10' from the orc, with Korian fwd-left of you. There is no way - with Darrius and Korian to 'angle' the cone to not get them and both assailants. In the end, however, the calculation is that it doesn't matter ... the time it takes for your two companions to heal from having knocked heads is far longer, and far more detrimental

That said, the half-orc's vocals fulfill the ready trigger "them [the half-orc and gnome] ... otherwise seeming to continue this conflict."Celiss lets out an ear-piercing shriek, truly horrifying to all who hear, and very, very inhuman as the powers burst forth to amplify her voice. The half-orc holds his ground, though he appears shaken. The gnome shrieks in mortal terror.

Darrius led a rough-and-tumble life as a youth, but once he realized his soul magic was powered by compassion and respect for life and beauty, and not by selfish desires, he embraced that power of Good. Now, however, he is faced with a dread manifestation of evil like none he had ever seen before. Korian has to hold his reserve very, very carefully, and barely manages to grit his teeth despite feeling very unsettled. Ka'Xet's mental training proves useful, but even he can't help feeling rocked by the sheer power of Celiss' screech. Lazer, protected by altitude with flying, is out of the effect.

But the effect on allies and enemies of the party, really, is minimal. All parties - minus the gnome, who honestly wasn't much of a true participant in the battle, but really the catalyst for these problems - are shaken. The real damage done, however, is to the crowd that was caught in that 30-foot cone of terror. That's the spell effect - then we consider the actual psychological/ morale considerations of such horror outside of who saved, who didn't, who was affected, who wasn't, etc.

The crowd shrieks in mortal terror. True, those caught in the cone are in hysteria, but nearly every onlooker is panicked. :smalleek:

R1T7.9: Ka'Xet, this half-orc is in it for the long-haul, it seems. You can easily tell that this Kurgol is a barbarian specializing in boxing ... and he's currently raging! What do you do?

I/S
Jilanth Turtoso: 20.
Darrius: 13. PANICKED til end R5T8!!!
Lazer: 12.
Crowd: 10.
Kurgol: 9. SHAKEN til end R2T8!!!
Korian: 8.9. SHAKEN til end R2T8!!!
* Stance: Child of shadows. Total defense.
Celiss: 8.
Ka'Xet: 7.9. SHAKEN til end R2T8!!!
* Left eye injured 4 days (-4 Spot).

lostsole31
2012-01-06, 11:30 PM
R1T7.9: Ka'Xet moves to aid in flanking the gnome, manifesting his blade as he moves. "Oi! Appy-polly my good chellovek, 'bout havin' a bit of bitter and cease all this razdraz twenty to one? We'll all have a bit of a guff on this in time."

End round 1, Begin Round 2 ...

R2T20: The gnome, shrieking in horror at Celiss, looks at the freaky humanoid next to him and bolts, in as straight as line as possible from Celiss, but moving around 'bad guys' (you) as possible.
I'm going to assume that none of the heroes here are going to try to take an AOO with their lethal weapons - with or without a penalty to hit for attempting NL damage. Him leaving you alone is a win, right? Let me know I was otherwise too assumptive here...

R2T13: The savage pirates were horrifying to look at, and engendered some pity that man could be so dehumanized as they, but Darrius has never actually had to face Evil itself.

Darrius bolts as quickly away from Celiss as his legs and the equally fleeing crowd will allow.

R2T12: Lazer, seeing this get way out of hand quickly just tries the wand again, but again Kurgol resists. [Celiss knows that unless the wand is amped, it is easy to resist - DC 12.] Meanwhile he flies around in broad circles to stay aloft.

R2T10: PANIC in the streets. There is a mass scream from the crowd, mainly along the line of the cone Celiss used, and that group flees in blind fear, stumbling over things, knocking carts down, and even trampling some people. Others not in the cone, simply move away in the best possible means from Celiss, but the same side effects - just less pronounced - such as destruction and trampling - occur.

R2T9: Kurgol is shaken, but he is enraged and a proud warrior. Through anger and spittle he shouts, "Monster! I was only gonna' teach your friend a lesson. He ran, but someone's gotta stop you!"

He steps up and hauls off to deck her, but she blocks him.

R2T8.9: Korian says to Celiss in Sylvan: "Win or lose, we can't afford this. I say we withdraw as quickly as possible. We have to get to Lady V."

Celiss, or Ka'Xet, do you respond?

I/S
Jilanth Turtoso: 20. PANICKED til end R5T8!!!
Darrius: 13. PANICKED til end R5T8!!!
Lazer: 12.
Crowd: 10.
Kurgol: 9. SHAKEN til end R2T8!!!
Korian: 8.9. SHAKEN til end R2T8!!!
* Stance: Child of shadows. Total defense.
Celiss: 8.
Ka'Xet: 7.9. SHAKEN til end R2T8!!!
* Left eye injured 4 days (-4 Spot).

lostsole31
2012-01-07, 08:24 AM
R2T8: Celiss nods, anger flaring in her again. Despite her efforts, this half-orc was still barring their way, and the collateral damage of the blast of arcane-infused sound was far worse than the mage had expected. She briefly considers using another pulse of darkness to confuse the man and then continuing along the route to get to the manor, but with Darrius still in a panicked state that wouldn't do much good. She replies in Sylvan: "I doubt we can simply ignore him, though, and with luck we may be able to end this by the time Darrius has recovered. Go on ahead with the others, I'll follow with Darrius once I can get him off of my back."

Switching to Common again, although she doubts she will make much progress trying to reason with a raging warrior, Celiss speaks to the half-orc, "Regardless of what I am, there is someone who is intent on killing, who we need to stop."

While she's fairly certain that this won't be of help, the mage is hoping that she can wait out the boxer's fury and leave once the physical strain of his anger-filled strength takes its toll on his body. Meanwhile, Kurgol, Korian, and Ka'Xet (the 3 K's) manage to collect and master their fears.

R2T7.95: "She's right, Kurgol, but we don't have time to argue," says Korian. "Call us cowards if you want, but we got bigger fish to fry. But I recently joined the Horns if you wanna look me up for a grudge match.

"Alright, everyone else, we need to go to protect Lady Lavinia! Meet at the gate to the manor at best speed, but let's not get anxious until all are accounted for!"

Korian brilliant tumbles past Kurgol to not create an opening, and moves further uproad.

R2T7.9: Ka'Xet, you are ill-trained for non-deadly combat, though you are now adjacent (not flanking) to Kurgol. Do you stay behind to help Celiss, or do you do as she and Korian have said - to continue making progress towards the Manor?

I/S
Jilanth Turtoso: 20. PANICKED til end R5T8!!!
Darrius: 13. PANICKED til end R5T8!!!
Lazer: 12.
Crowd: 10.
Kurgol: 9.
Celiss: 8. TD.
Korian: 7.95.
* Stance: Child of shadows.
Ka'Xet: 7.9.
* Left eye injured 4 days (-4 Spot).

lostsole31
2012-01-28, 01:27 PM
Just as the party is turning to leave, everyone in the party realizes that several of the performers - stiltwalkers in black, form-fitting costumes with skeletons on them - are behind the party. They all have these glass vials at the ready.

R1T23: There is one - a female (the other stiltwalkers are male) - with a very nice figure in that costume - without a glass flask. She is right over Darrius (who until now has pretty much ignored the performers), who is towards the back of the group. She tries to use her stilts to knock Darrius down, but fails.

R1T21: The Caller, who is not yet entirely out of view, still had the party in sight, he closes 30'. He then reaches up to the sky, and then whips his hand down to point at one of the stiltwalkers. The man gets blasted off of his stilts (which themselves splinter) for 16 electricity damage. When he lands, he lands hard for 3 damage, and the glass vial shatters in his hand for 3 fire damage. The unmoving man's arm is now on fire, and that fire is starting to move along him.

R1T19: Korian looks around at the crowd and smiles. He trundles towards one of the stiltwalkers, gaining momentum as he charges, but the stiltwalker moves deftly enough to block Korian's attempt to knock him down.

R1T18: Darrius, you are adjacent to the stiltwalking woman (who doesn't seem to have any of these glass bottles. In addition to having the appearance of a hottie under her costume, and having wild, curly hair, she has this incredibly lovely pair of jade serpent earrings. Too bad she tried to knock you down. What do you do?

I/S
Diamondback: 23. CE4.
* Cat's grace & eagle's splendor in effect.
The Caller: 21.
Korian: 19.
Darrius: 18.
SW1: 17.9.
Lazer: 16.
SW2: 15. (-10:14). On fire.
SW3: 13.
Ka'Xet: 12.
SW4: 6.
Celiss: 5.9.

lostsole31
2012-01-29, 01:12 AM
R1T18: The torc at Darrius' throat glows a little brighter, though he becomes a little more substantial as a result. Not wanting to have her come toppling on him should he be successful, Darrius instead looks at another stiltwalker and rears his neck to spit. The woman above him balances and kicks downwards. She would've connected, but Darrius is no longer off-balance from the woman's superior initiative, and her combat style (currently) is very defensive. Darrius spits, but misses, dissolving a support on the front awning of a meat pie vendor, adding to the furor that is now building after the blast of electricity and the man burning in the street.

R1T17.9: The same stiltwalker Darrius spat at throws his glass at the flying dwarf. The vial smashes against Lazer's face and bursts into flame (he is too high for anyone else to take 'splash damage' ... the fire burning out by the time it gets to those below). It would've done a hearty 5 fire damage, but Lazer continues to surprise (none moreso than himself) when the square-on flame-to-the-face doesn't hurt him at all. The man takes out another vial.

R1T16: Lazer speeds down to land at the side of the man who was blasted and has a burning arm. Not yet having time, he points his wand to the woman and yells, "I'm going to help heal your man, but I need you to call off your attacks!"

As expected, despite what was hoped, she seems totally unaffected by the wand.

R1T15: It's too late, the effects of the alchemical accelerant was too effective on the man as the fire spreads far too quickly, and the heat shatters the other vial he had at his belt. The poor man, though an enemy, is totally immolated.

R1T13: A stiltwalker 10' from Ka'Xet tosses a vial at the xeph and hits him in the left knee for 6 fire damage. Though too surprised to duck out of the way, Ka's reflexes save him from actually catching fire. The man takes out another vial.

R1T12: Ka'Xet, your knee just got burned by some stilt-walking pantywaist 10' from you. What do you do?

I/S
Diamondback: 23. CE4.
* Cat's grace & eagle's splendor in effect.
The Caller: 21.
Korian: 19.
Darrius: 18.
SW1: 17.9. 1 alch-fire remaining.
Lazer: 16.
SW3: 13. 1 alch-fire remaining.
Ka'Xet: 12.
SW4: 6.
Celiss: 5.9.

lostsole31
2012-01-29, 05:08 PM
R1T12: "'Ow about a little of the ol' ultraviolence?" Ka'Xet calls as he closes, manifests his mindblade, and ATTAĆKS! The stiltwalker is able to lift his foot off the support as the blade passes where it was, and the stilt is steadied at the top by the man's hand before he gets his foot back onto the mini-ledge of the stilt.

R1T6: The last stiltwalker, 10' from Celiss, throws a vial at her, which shatters against her rock-hard abdomen, but doing very little other than putting a light scoring mark in Celiss' shirt (tunic/ whatever).

R1T5.9: Celiss, what do you do?

I/S
Diamondback: 23. CE4.
* Cat's grace & eagle's splendor in effect.
The Caller: 21.
Korian: 19.
Darrius: 18. Vs Diamondback.
SW1: 17.9. 1 alch-fire remaining. Vs Korian.
Lazer: 16.
SW3: 13. 1 alch-fire remaining. Vs Ka'Xet.
Ka'Xet: 12. Vs SW3.
SW4: 6. 1 alch-fire remaining.
Celiss: 5.9.

lostsole31
2012-01-30, 12:21 AM
R1T5.9: Celiss, surprised by the utter failure of the fire to harm her, takes a look at the ground around her. The burst of supernatural darkness that she could call up wouldn't help here, but if it was anything like the arcane spell then she could implant the source of the darkness within a pebble, and throw it up...

After a moment Celiss discards the thought; it would be too difficult. Instead, she simply slips forwards and takes a swipe at the stilts of the stiltwalker. If she instead pounded them into unconsciousness, they would fall anyways. Better to let the fall do some of her work, then. She jabs at the fatty parts of the man's calf, but misses wildly ... though an expert with her fists, Celiss is entirely unused to using her short sword non-lethally.

R1T0: The crowd is now in panic and is running randomly all about, making it harder to get at the opponents who are above.

End Round 1, Begin Round 2 ...

R2T23: The woman lifts her foot up high overhead to get as much power and momentum as she possibly can as she brings her foot down in an axe-kick. Darrius tries to block with the shield ... realizing all too late that is what she wanted as her foot comes down squarely onto the just-above-centerpoint of shield. The force of the flow blasts his prized darkwood shield into splinters. It is destroyed. Striking at the point it did made sure that his arm didn't reinforce the shield, but also kept him from feeling anything more than the shock and tingle he feels now - numbish, but not injured.

R2T21: The Caller continues to close. He calls down another bolt of lightning that strikes Ka'Xet's opponent squarely for 14 electricity damage. The stilts are, as before, splintered from the blast, Ka'Xet feels the ozone and his hairs stand on end, and the man falls to the ground. Though the vial didn't shatter in his hands, as he goes limp on the fall, it shatters in his square as he lands, taking 3 fire damage and 1 from the fall.

Ka'Xet just barely manages to keep from getting splashed by the fire. Other passersby, running about frightened, are not so lucky as they get singed (though no one catches fire). The man is now on fire. It is not known if he is dead or not.

R2T19: Korian draws his rapier and motes of chill form around his blade - though not quite like before. He stabs and misses, and the chill is gone.

R2T18: Darrius, your heavy darkwood shield has been sundered by the woman above you. The panicked crowd moves all around, but that will only be an issue if you try to move away from her (difficult terrain). What do you do?

I/S
Diamondback: 23. PA4.
* Cat's grace & eagle's splendor in effect.
The Caller: 21.
Korian: 19.
Darrius: 18. Vs Diamondback.
SW1: 17.9. 1 alch-fire remaining. Vs Korian.
Lazer: 16.
SW3: 13. (-6:12). By Ka'Xet. On fire!!!
Ka'Xet: 12. Vs SW3.
SW4: 6. 1 alch-fire remaining. Vs Celiss.
Celiss: 5.9.

lostsole31
2012-01-31, 03:47 AM
R2T18: Darrius looks in shock at the broken pieces of his shield as the last bits fall to the ground... and silver fire rages around him. He slowly looks up to the woman, "You little bitch."

The silver hue of the fire lasts only for a few moments before it fades into a distinct aura of silvery light and a cascading cloak of blue flames. Though he knows his claws are nowhere near as effective as Korian's might be, he lunges into the attack, seeking to tear the woman down. She is fantastically agile, and both claws miss.

R2T17.9: Korian's target raises his arm to throw his vial at the furry youth, but that affords Korian a swipe. The man's agility just fails him, but a thin layer of padding (yup, padded armor ... and you thought no one actually ever wore that crap, huh?) just barely soaks it up. The wild swipe is enough to totally throw the man off balance on his clumsy swing, though. The man falls prone off of his stilts for 4 damage and his stunned, shattering the vial as he falls on it for 3 fire damage. However, his wild thrashing on the ground - stunned, but not immobile - keeps him from actually catching fire.

R2T16: Lazer figures everything is well in hand, sadly registers that the first man burning is dead, and flies over to the second burning man (Ka'Xet's fallen foe) and manages to put the flames out.

R2T12: Ka'Xet, your opponent got blasted and is KO'd (and maybe dying) by The Caller, and is currently being tended to by Lazer. Celiss is fighthing one, Korian; the latter's is prone and stunned. Also, Darrius is fighting the one that seems to be the leader. What do you do?

I/S
Diamondback: 23. PA4.
* Cat's grace & eagle's splendor in effect.
The Caller: 21.
Korian: 19.
Darrius: 18. Vs Diamondback.
SW1: 17.9. (5:12). Vs Korian. STUNNED til end R4T17.9!!! PRONE!!!
Lazer: 16.
SW3: 13. (-7:12). DYING!!! By Ka'Xet.
Ka'Xet: 12. Vs SW3.
SW4: 6. 1 alch-fire remaining. Vs Celiss.
Celiss: 5.9.

lostsole31
2012-02-01, 12:53 AM
R2T12: Ka'Xet closes with the leader and attempts to take him her out. She is flattered by the proposition, but .... His battle training and understanding of Darrius' desire for positioning puts him across from the dark-scaled man, with the woman's stilts in-between. That's when the easily forgotten concept of a three-dimensional battlefield dawns on the xeph as his stab misses. She moves around her stilts like a monkey in a tree; it's almost like seeing Jackie Chan fighting aloft. In a 2D battlefield, you might have a 'flanking position' ... but because of her height, for her to be really flanked you'd have to be one 'square' higher than her, with a line between you and Darrius crossing the space she's in .... you don't get to flank her when she's up high like that, sorry.

You, specifically, srgonzo, have seen 3D battle in my games before, with the same concept of attempts to flank denied because of simple height advantage.
R2T6: Celiss' opponent steps back 5' on his stilts and tosses his vial at her, despite having seen how pointless it was before, and it misses her by enough of a margin to not even be able to splash her. Some poor innocent passersby is not so lucky in the mad scramble. The civilian takes 2 fire damage and catches fire, and 3 others get splashed for 1 fire damage. The man looks shocked, and even a little horrified at his own collateral damage .... strange reaction, considering your attackers. :smallconfused:

R2T5.9: Celiss, your turn. It requires 2 squares of movement to traverse the 5' to get to your opponent ... thus you cannot get a "5' free move" ... it's just a move action. What do you do?

I/S
Diamondback: 23. PA4.
* Cat's grace & eagle's splendor in effect.
The Caller: 21.
Korian: 19.
Darrius: 18. Vs Diamondback.
SW1: 17.9. (5:12). Vs Korian. STUNNED til end R4T17.9!!! PRONE!!!
Lazer: 16.
SW3: 13. (-7:12). DYING!!! By Ka'Xet.
Ka'Xet: 12. Vs SW3.
SW4: 6. Vs Celiss.
Celiss: 5.9.

lostsole31
2012-02-02, 10:56 AM
R2T5.9: Celiss moves up, counting on the man either being unable to attack her or being able to dodge his strike, and lashes out at the stilts, hoping to bring him down before he can cause any more damage. He has no weapon in hand, so she is unharmed as she does 1 mod damage to one of his stilts.

End Round 2, Begin Round 3 ...

R3T23: "No, Dar-rius Wave-brea-ker," the woman says in an island dialect (think of Afro-Brazilian), "your flames not be scarin' me off."

She lifts her leg at the knee, building up some extra power, and slams down at Darrius' head, doing 14 damage. That run the aqua-man's bell! :smallfrown: But her foot does take 7 fire damage.

R3T21: The Caller closes in more, and this time a bolt of electricity slams down on Celiss' opponent, but for only 7 damage.

R3T19: Korian attacks his beleaguered opponent, double-slashing him for 14 damage, and he goes limp.

R3T18: Darrius, that was a hell of a hit to the head. What do you do?

I/S
Diamondback: 23. PA2.
* Cat's grace & eagle's splendor in effect.
The Caller: 21.
Korian: 19.
Darrius: 18. Vs Diamondback.
SW1: 17.9. (-9:12). Vs Korian. DYING!!!
Lazer: 16.
SW3: 13. (-7:12). DYING!!! By Ka'Xet.
Ka'Xet: 12. Vs SW3.
SW4: 6. (5:12). Vs Celiss.
Celiss: 5.9.

lostsole31
2012-02-03, 02:46 AM
R3T18: Darrius smirks within his shroud of flames, "Question is, can you kill me before you turn to ash inside them?"

He repeats the slash at the woman, hoping to find a gap in her defenses, his right hand catching her calf for 8 damage.

R3T16: Lazer casts stabilize on Ka'Xet's fallen foe. He then moves over to Korian's fallen foe.

R3T12: Ka'Xet, you are across from Darrius (not flanking), fighting the woman on stilts. What do you do?

I/S
Diamondback: 23. PA2.
* Cat's grace & eagle's splendor in effect.
The Caller: 21.
Korian: 19.
Darrius: 18. Vs Diamondback.
SW1: 17.9. (-10:12). Vs Korian. DYING!!!
Lazer: 16.
SW3: 13. (-7:12). STABILIZED!!!
Ka'Xet: 12. Vs SW3.
SW4: 6. (5:12). Vs Celiss.
Celiss: 5.9.

lostsole31
2012-02-04, 08:33 PM
R3T12: Ka'Xet backs up 5', finding it hard to push through the crowd, and the woman kicks him in the right shoulder for a whopping 13 damage as he backs off through the press of bodies. Ka'Xet throws his mindblade at the leader and she kicks it aside.Okay, a couple different things wrong at once, but nothing terrible. I'm not quite sure what you were thinking, so I went in order of stated actions. Also, you did not (yet) know the game effect of the crowd ... that's experience fighting in this unfamiliar 'environment' for the wilderness warrior.

First, if you are moving (that is, covering distance more than a 5-foot free move, you cannot split with move-attack-move unless you have Shot on the Run. If you want that feat in the future, you need to get the Dodge feat, then the Mobility feat, then finally Shot on the Run. That said, considering you are going to end up going soulbow (archer-focused), this feat-tree progression is actually recommended for you.

Second, if the mindset was take a 5-foot free move, take an action, and then move ... remember that you can't take a 5-foot free move in a round in which you actually move.

Next, drawing a weapon can be done on the move. A 5-foot free move is not "on the move" unless you designate the move-draw as your move action. I'm sure you know this, but it's important to note now. You don't get to take a move action enveloped in a free action (5' free move) and call it a free action.

Drawing a weapon can be done "one the move." It is the only time I know of - without any special training - that two move actions can be combined into one move action. That said, manifesting your mindblade is NOT the same as drawing a weapon. Drawing a weapon is the physical readying of a physical weapon. Manifesting a mindblade is using a supernatural ability, but only having to take a move action instead of a standard action (which is normally required for supernatural powers). Despite the manifesting being similar to the concept of drawing a weapon, they are not the same. It's only considered a weapon-like object once it is manifested, not before.

Now the part which is not "should be known" game mechanics, and is just a function of Ka'Xet not realizing how so many bodies would affect him - he's used to fighting in wilderness terrain, not a crowded street with panicked people running to-and-fro - is that right now, movement through any square is difficult terrain. That means every square of actual movement costs 2 squares (10') of speed ... and a 5' free move only applies if moving 5' only costs 1 square (5') of movement. The extra effort pushing through the crowd opened him up to an AOO since he moved away, vice free-moving away. Acrobatics can help him on subsequent rounds if he needs, though remember, the double-cost of Acrobatics means that it would cost him base 2 squares/ per square x 2 (Acrobatics) = 4 squares of movement to Acrobatically move just one square. Crowds are not great .... and the unique nature of stilts are such that a stiltwalker doesn't have to worry about that movement.

So, I interpreted the round as:
MA: 2 squares of movement in difficult terrain to move 5', provoking AOO.
SA: Ranged attack with mindblade.

No actions remaining to draw mindblade. Hands are empty.

R3T6: The last man on stilts draws a dagger, backs up 5' on his stilts, and throws his dagger at Celiss. It gets past her geometrically-derived defenses of body positioning, her agility, and blows through her force armor, and is finally stopped by the very thin layer of scales she has.

R3T5.9: Celiss, you recognize that attacking his stilts instead of him - given the hardness of wood - would take far longer than just pummeling the man into unconsciousness. Because of the crowd, filling in the gaps, it would take an actual move action just to close the 5' (2 squares/ 10' of movement). What do you do?

I/S
Diamondback: 23. PA2.
* Cat's grace & eagle's splendor in effect.
The Caller: 21.
Korian: 19.
Darrius: 18. Vs Diamondback.
SW1: 17.9. (-10:12). Vs Korian. DYING!!!
Lazer: 16.
SW3: 13. (-7:12). STABILIZED!!!
Ka'Xet: 12. Vs SW3.
SW4: 6. (5:12). Vs Celiss.
Celiss: 5.9.

lostsole31
2012-02-10, 10:36 PM
R3T5.9: Celiss, deciding to avoid opening herself up by slipping and ducking between individual panicking civilians, closes with the stiltwalker and tries to smash one of his ankles against his stilts. Her inexperience in such situations quickly shows and, despite her efforts, neither her attempt to tumble towards him or to attack him works well.Tumble would've worked for unseen combatants ... but even though the man is on stilts, he only has 'high ground' advantage, not reach, so that's okay.
End Round 3, Begin Round 4 ...

R4T23: The woman grits from the pain, and using the same amount of power, kicks at Darrius, cracking him in his left hand for a whopping 17 damage! Some of his smaller hand bones probably broke with that strike. Shooting pains go up his arms, on top of the blow he had taken from Kurgol before.See your sheet. Damage hp's count down ... and NL counts up. You have only 1 hp before you are KO'd because of the previous NL damage you took from Kurgol. Of course, that could be what saves your butt.Her foot takes 5 fire damage from the blue licks of flame surrounding Darrius.

R4T21: The Caller closes in again, this time only 10' from the woman (and right behind Ka'Xet). He concentrates, but doesn't cast, appearing above the woman's head is a whirling bubble of air that is vaguely humanoid, and no bigger than a gnome. The Caller looks at the bubble, points to the woman on stilts, and says while making a fist gesture, "Knock her senseless."

R4T20.9: The whirling air launches a vaguely arm-shaped column of air at the woman, but the woman is able to make a hard block.

R4T19: Korian forces his way up to Celiss' opponent, and launches at him with both claws. His first claw does 6 damage, but his second claw crits for 11 damage (17 damage total), both claws pretty much disemboweling him. Korian lands on his feet a second before the man's body splats to the ground heavily and wetly ... pretty much signaling that he is DED. He looks at Celiss. "Looks like the others are having troubled with an unarmed opponent. How about a catfight, Celiss?"

R4T18: Darrius, you are very woozy, barely keeping from staggering. What do you do?

I/S
Diamondback: 23. PA2.
* Cat's grace & eagle's splendor in effect.
The Caller: 21.
Small Air Elemental: 20.9.
Korian: 19.
Darrius: 18. Vs Diamondback.
SW1: 17.9. (-10:12). Vs Korian. DYING!!!
Lazer: 16.
SW3: 13. (-7:12). STABILIZED!!!
Ka'Xet: 12. Vs SW3.
Celiss: 5.9.

DEAD
SW4.

lostsole31
2012-02-11, 10:25 PM
R4T18: Knowing he can't keep in the fight much longer, Darrius tries one last time to attack the woman and hopes for the best. He attempts a vicious double-claw, and both look promising. Not only is she more agile than anyone else in the party, but she is so alluring that her dance-on-stilts is distracting ... enough so that his arms go just askew enough for her to deflect them with a leg sweep. (The leg sweep alone is sexy enough to make Darrius sweat.)

R4T16: Lazer casts stabilize on the first foe Korian downed, then moves behind Darrius. "Just hold in there, lad."

Korian has been studying her moves and he calls out, "Celiss, she's a battle dancer ... a martial artist like yourself, but who uses chaotic and distracting maneuvers to protect herself in a similar way that you know how to apply geometry to your defenses."

R4T12: Ka'Xet, you see that Darrius is getting woozy, but Lazer did just move up behind him. (Remember, you are on the other side of the stilts, directly across from Darrius.) What do you do?

Celiss, you're on deck.

I/S
Diamondback: 23. PA2.
* Cat's grace & eagle's splendor in effect.
The Caller: 21.
Small Air Elemental: 20.9.
Korian: 19.
Darrius: 18. Vs Diamondback.
Lazer: 16.
Ka'Xet: 12.
Celiss: 5.9.

STABLE
SW1: 17.9. (-11:12).
SW3: 13. (-7:12).

DEAD
SW2/4.

lostsole31
2012-02-14, 01:23 AM
R4T12: Ka'Xet curses at the woman: "Fthagn cali'wqxr tkuhlha jag'n Nyarla, chjxthutan!!!"

This is one of those cases where nobody seems to have a clue what he just said. Ka'Xet backs up a step, and having to move a little to the side (the Caller was right behind him), and throws his mindblade at the woman as he manifests another. The woman does the splits, splaying the stilts out some and knocking the mindblade away. Her splits are, umm, 'distracting' to the xeph as well, and she slowly and luxuriously regains her normal position.

R4T5.9: Celiss, what do you do?

I/S
Diamondback: 23. PA2.
* Cat's grace & eagle's splendor in effect.
The Caller: 21.
Small Air Elemental: 20.9.
Korian: 19.
Darrius: 18. Vs Diamondback.
Lazer: 16.
Ka'Xet: 12.
Celiss: 5.9.

STABLE
SW1: 17.9. (-11:12).
SW3: 13. (-7:12).

DEAD
SW2/4.

lostsole31
2012-02-15, 03:42 AM
R4T5.9: Celiss closes with the final enemy, deciding to attack with her rapier rather than her fists or bonded blade. She closes and draws the magical sword (and her short sword is in her off-hand now), but she just has a hard time trying to stab upwards at so agile a foe.

End Round 4, Begin Round 5 ...

R5T23: Seeing her current target looking woozy, the stilt-woman pulls off on the extra power and kicks down at him, cracking Darrius in his left hand for 10 damage, and the shock and pain drops the aqua-man to the ground, unconscious. Meanwhile, she takes 9 fire damage.

R5T21: The Caller calls down another bolt of electricity, and this time at the woman. She makes an incredible dodging maneuver, but still takes 4 electricity damage.

R5T20.9: The whirring, vaguely humanoid thing spinning above and to the side of the woman's head makes a slight adjustment .... and it is now flanking with Celiss. It throws out a cloudy fist and catches the woman in the left shoulder for 5 damage.

R5T19: Korian closes behind Celiss, while getting his pilum in both hands. He studies the woman's movements briefly, but the chaos of the crowd throws his concentration off. His attack is subsequently slopping and misses.

R5T16: Seeing from his spot that Darrius is merely knocked out and not in mortal peril, Lazer takes out the enfeebling wand and points it at her. The corsucating ray hits her square in the head for 4 Strength damage.

R5T12: Ka'Xet, what do you do?

Celiss, you're on deck.

I/S
Diamondback: 23.
* Cat's grace & eagle's splendor in effect.
The Caller: 21.
Small Air Elemental: 20.9.
Korian: 19.
Darrius: 18. KNOCKED OUT!!!
Lazer: 16.
Ka'Xet: 12.
Celiss: 5.9.

STABLE
SW1: 17.9. (-11:12).
SW3: 13. (-7:12).

DEAD
SW2/4.

lostsole31
2012-02-16, 04:13 PM
R5T12: Ka'Xet closes and tries to wrap his arms around her legs. She kicks at him as she lifts off the platform in a hop - and Ka' misses - and lands firmly on the stilt platforms again.

R5T5.9: Celiss, what do you do?

I/S
Diamondback: 23.
* Cat's grace & eagle's splendor in effect.
The Caller: 21.
Small Air Elemental: 20.9.
Korian: 19.
Darrius: 18. KNOCKED OUT!!!
Lazer: 16.
Ka'Xet: 12.
Celiss: 5.9.

STABLE
SW1: 17.9. (-11:12).
SW3: 13. (-7:12).

DEAD
SW2/4.

lostsole31
2012-02-18, 05:37 AM
R5T5.9: Celiss, immediately coming to the conclusion that this strange air-thing was a familiar, or similar, of some sort, presses the attack on the last stiltswalker. Her strike is fairly accurate, but not as strong as it could have been. But despite the rapier coming in fluidly at target, the lack of strength keeps the blade from continuing true as the woman kicks it to the side.

Given its appearance, flight, and combat, Celiss is now beginning to surmise that the flying thing above the woman is a small air elemental.

End Round 5, Begin Round 6 ...

R6T23: The woman is now very cagey, seeing as her friends are all fallen, she is surrounded, quite wounded, and now weakened. She kicks at Celiss but misses.

R6T21: *ZOT!* goes another bolt of electricity from above the woman. She doddges well enough to keep from getting incinerated, taking 5 electricity damage.

R6T20.9: The little elemental swings and misses the woman.

R6T19: Korian stabs her in the left thigh with his pilum for 8 damage.

R6T12: Ka'Xet, this woman looks like she's about to drop. What do you do?

Celiss, you are on deck.

I/S
Diamondback: 23.
* Cat's grace & eagle's splendor in effect.
The Caller: 21.
Small Air Elemental: 20.9.
Korian: 19.
Darrius: 18. KNOCKED OUT!!!
Lazer: 16.
Ka'Xet: 12.
Celiss: 5.9.

STABLE
SW1: 17.9. (-11:12).
SW3: 13. (-7:12).

DEAD
SW2/4.

lostsole31
2012-02-23, 07:31 PM
R6T12: Ka'Xet tosses his mindblade and misses, and reforms another in his hand.

R6T5.9: Celiss?

I/S
Diamondback: 23.
* Cat's grace & eagle's splendor in effect.
The Caller: 21.
Small Air Elemental: 20.9.
Korian: 19.
Darrius: 18. KNOCKED OUT!!!
Lazer: 16.
Ka'Xet: 12.
Celiss: 5.9.

STABLE
SW1: 17.9. (-11:12).
SW3: 13. (-7:12).

DEAD
SW2/4.

lostsole31
2012-02-25, 07:04 PM
R6T5.9: Celiss, hoping to finally end the battle and get moving again, lunges at the woman with her rapier, but misses no thanks to that woman's fighting style. Celiss realizes that this woman is almost a mirror image of herself in fighting style. Where Celiss depends on an intuitive understanding of vectors and spatial geometry mixed with her own agility, this woman on stilts depends as much or more on her pure charisma and agility for defense. She finally recognizes that the fighting style is capoeira, a 'hidden' style of fighting used by people who were enslaved and not allowed weapons (and often had shackled wrists). The warriors who excel at this are called 'battle dancers.' Such artists that make it out of their enslaved life are warriors for hire - always free-spirited, and rarely ever actually evil despite often being forced to work for disreputable persons because of their social status.

End Round Six, Begin Round Seven ...

R7T23: The woman kicks with a hard axe kick down to Celiss, but the diabolic monk manages a high, double-armed overhead block.

R7T21: The Caller invokes another bolt of electricity, which hits the partially dodging woman for 3 electricity. She is now barely standing on those stilts.

R7T20.9: The air creature misses.

R7T19: She kicks away Korian's attack with the pilum.

R7T16: Lazer fires the wand at her again, hitting her in the right quad for 2 Strength.

R7T12: Ka'Xet, what do you do?

Celiss, you can describe your action now ... it may be a bit before we have Ka's pilot back (RL stuff).

I/S
Diamondback: 23.
* Cat's grace & eagle's splendor in effect.
The Caller: 21.
Small Air Elemental: 20.9.
Korian: 19.
Darrius: 18. KNOCKED OUT!!!
Lazer: 16.
Ka'Xet: 12.
Celiss: 5.9.

STABLE
SW1: 17.9. (-11:12).
SW3: 13. (-7:12).

DEAD
SW2/4.

lostsole31
2012-03-08, 04:00 AM
R1T22: Diamondback tears in 25' to come right up to one of the bullywugs between the stairwell, does a legsweep and trips him, and axe-kicks him for 8 damage. She then backpedals 15' - back and slightly to the side.

R1T18: The other bullywug under the chandelier charges Diamondback, croaking loudly: "Intruders! Intruders in the house!"

She is too fast for him and he misses.

R1T15: Korian moves in and 10' to the side of Diamondback's opponent and throws his pilum at the shield. It sticks in to do 1 sunder damage, but the pilum's weight throws off the bullywug's balance, making him more vulnerable to attack.

R1T10: Celiss, what do you do?

I/S
Diamondback: 22.
TG2: 18. Diamondback. Pilum in shield (-2 AC and ACP).
Korian: 15.
Celiss: 10.
TG3: 9.
Darrius: 7.
Lazer: 6.
TGH1: 5. (13:26). PRONE!!!
Ka'Xet: 4.

lostsole31
2012-03-09, 02:25 PM
R1T10: For general description, these bullywugs are anywhere from 4-8 feet tall, and from 100-300 pounds. The bigger ones are fat, the smaller ones are compactly muscled, and overall one is no different statistically from the next.

Celiss moves in, going for a quick strike against the now off-balance toad person, quickly drawing her rapier and shifting her balance to one side before stabbing at the thing's torso. She sees that it has wounds from a previous battle. In fact, all of these rank-and-file bullywugs have wounds (varying from 2-12) of previous wounds.The assumption is that Celiss will have her short sword in one hand (for spells) and the rapier in the other (for physical attack), and that she came in with short sword drawn.Her attack goes nicely into the toad-man's chest for 7 damage, and it is now in the yellow.

R1T9: The bullywug upstairs (TG3) throws a tomahawk at Diamondback, easily missing. It moves downstairs while drawing another. Each bullywug carries a total of 4 such tomahawks. It is now 15' from Diamondback (25' from Celiss).

For now she conserves her spells, wanting to be ready for any unexpected problems up ahead.

R1T7: Darrius, you are 20' from the closest bullywug to be able to attack it from Celiss' right shoulder (diagonally) ...
or 35' from the one that just came down the stairs (chargeable) ...
or 35' straightline from the prone one, but you can't charge it because of the melee in the middle, so it would take you about 45' of movement (40' if you don't mind provoking an AOO from the Celiss/ Diamondback bullywug).

What do you do?

I/S
Diamondback: 22. Vs TG2.
TG2: 18. (13:26). Diamondback/ Celiss. Pilum in shield (-2 AC and ACP).
Korian: 15.
Celiss: 10. Vs TG2.
TG3: 9.
Darrius: 7.
Lazer: 6.
TG1: 5. (9:26). PRONE!!!
Ka'Xet: 4.

lostsole31
2012-03-10, 02:19 AM
R1T7: Darrius takes only a few steps into the familiar entryway as he lines up a shot on the bullywug coming down the stairs. Power seethes from the torc around his neck and bleeds into his gloves as he steadies himself and then lets fly with a glob of acidic spittle, hoping he doesn't miss the mark and ruin a tapestry or something. It's a perfect shot that gets the bullywug right in the gut for a whopping 39 acid damage ... destroying him and his equipment (not that any of it has any resale value).Actual attack bonus adjusted upwards for the +3 you have with 2E in sighting gloves.
R1T6: Lazer draws Gili-Nachum while flying overhead in a ballistic arc, and he flies over the prone bullywug in the backfield and cracks him in its lower right obliques for 9 damage, disabling it.

R1T5: That disabled bullywug tries to rise to its feet, but Lazer fells it with a 10 damage hit.

R1T4: Ka'Xet, only one bullywug remains - the one being attacked by the three frontliners with a pilum in its shield. You have a clear bead (with Precise Shot) to this bullywug at PB range. What do you do?

I/S
Diamondback: 22. Vs TG2.
TG2: 18. (13:26). Diamondback/ Celiss. Pilum in shield (-2 AC and ACP).
Korian: 15.
Celiss: 10. Vs TG2.
Darrius: 7.
Lazer: 6.
TG1: 5. (-10:26). DYING! PRONE!!!
Ka'Xet: 4.

DEAD
TG3.

lostsole31
2012-03-13, 04:04 PM
R1T4: Ka'Xet tosses his mindblade at the vulnerable bullywug, hitting it in its opened shield shoulder for 5 damage. He reforms his blade in his hand.

End Round 1, Begin Round 2 ...

R2T22: Diamond back tries to drop it with some type of brutal, downward cartwheel kick, which slams into its head for 14 damage, dropping it.

R2T15: Korian pounces on the same one to make sure its finished off.

The other two may or may not be dead, but right now the clock is ticking ... Korian retrieves his pilum out of the bullywug's shield.

There are two rooms on the ground floor. The one to the north is the Statuary, and the one to the south is the Library. The doors are opened and checked, though Lazer doesn't feel it's necessary to sweep the room considering their function.

StatuaryThis marble-floored room contains many
fine sculptures of Vanderboren ancestors.
long dead friends, and important
personages. A partially-finished statue
of Lavinia's parents, Verik and Larissa
Vanderboren, stands in the center of the
chamber. Their visages are incomplete
from the nose down, so that their eyes
stare outward toward the viewer, with no
mouths to speak the secrets of their lives
and deaths.
LibraryRow upon row of bookshelves filled to
bursting with tomes on all manner of subjects
line this room. A hearth sits against the
north wall, embers glowing softly within. A
reading table sits near the fireplace.
Up the stairs ...

Straight ahead is the alcove to the courtyard (the four doors there). To the north is the long pwy leading to the Gallery and the Trophy Hall. To the south are the kennels, and the servant's quarters around the corner. The three mastiffs are barking angrily. Though the member of the Jade Ravens (Lavinia's "House Guard") is Kaskus Hebel Kiel (a dwarven druid//duskblade), Ka'Xet also has been given training under Kiel and the dogs are familiar with him. The mastiffs are Leshton, Ealia, and Kurz, and were diligently raised as hunting dogs by Lavinia's father. They are currently whimpering and agitated, but they are tough and taught to defend as well.

Lazer leads the party this way to the kennels. "The mastiffs would be a great help, and while it would be a shame for any of them to die since they've been with the family for a few years, I'm sure old Verik would more than approve of their helping to defend the manor and their daughter, if she's still alive. Ka'Xet, see if you can't calm them."

Ka'Xet goes up and tries to use normally trained methods to calm them (Handle Animal), but they don't respond. He then tries falling back on the more intuitive style of building a connection with them as does a ranger. He calms them enough, but he senses that they are too frightened and scattered to be trusted, and conveys that to the group.

The large room to the west of the kennels is the Study.An impressive darkwood desk with a high-backed chair behind it sits in this spacious study.As usual, though, Lazer does not wish to spend any time in a room that has no signs of battle in it.

Considering the need to check on anyone that might be alive, continuing on this southern extension might be best. The small hallway going E-W on the southern end is entered. That first door on the west is Storage.This large closet is filled with cleaning supplies, blankets, sheets, pillows, and other necessities of the household.
The next two rooms are the servant's quarters for Lavinia's live-in staff ... such as the dour (yet the more adorable because of it) halfling Kora Whistlegap.

The very, very long room at the SE side is opened. This is the Ballroom.This large chamber was used to entertain the Vanderboren's guests in bygone days. Now this area contains only a long dining table, an empty buffet table, and a few well-worn chairs. Much of the finery in here was sold off to pay off debts before the heroes helped Lavinia access her family's fortune.
The large double doors on the west wall of the ballroom going to the Courtyard are opened ...

A plethora of exotic flowers and plants populate this lush courtyard, a gentle stream draining away to the north. Benches and a stone table with an intricate marble an iron dragonchess set built into its surface complete the idyllic scene, which is marred here and there by splashes of blood on the grass or walls. Five froglike bodies lie in a heap on the southern shore of the pond next to a dead badger.

"Alright, we'll take a quick look and see what we can figure from the battle. Trackers: Ka'Xet, Korian ... tell me what you can see. I'll look over the bodies."

Diamondback claims to have some healing skill, so she'll assist the good doctor. The five dead bullywugs lie about the pond. One is riddled with throwing knives, another beaten heavily with a blunt instrument, one cut to pieces by an axe, another stabbed numerous times all over its body, and still another seems to have been blasted by magic missiles.Considering the Jade Ravens ... The daggers probably belong to Zan Oldavin. Like Celiss, but not nearly to such a degree, Zan seems to possess a devilish bloodline that is pretty strong. He is a rogue// beguilder/ half-elf paragon. While not exceptional at throwing daggers, his peerless agility doesn't hurt, and he fights with a combination of sneaky tricks, feints, and surprisingly capable defensive maneuvers. He is a jaunty, flamboyant man who perhaps takes too keen an interest in his dagger collection. His carefree and sometimes irresponsible attitude tends to get all four of the Jade Ravens into trouble with the authorities.

The bludgeoning death cannot be figured, though its possible that some weapon of opportunity was used.

The axe-hacked is probably the handiwork of Kaskus (see above). He has a deep and noisy love of mountains and caverns, and longs to return there some day after he's repaid a debt of loyalty to Lavinia, whose father rescued Kaskus from slavery to the Scarlet Brotherhood nearly a year ago. Sadly, the badger is most assuredly Kaskus' animal companion. :smallfrown:

The one stabbed all over, and the wounds are likened to short swords, is probably a casualty chalked up to Tolin Kientai (male human lurk// ranger). He is the self-proclaimed leader of the Jade Ravens, and is as brash as he is handsome. Despite her 'affliction' of appearance based on her infernal heritage (or, possibly, because of it), Tolin has made overtures to Celiss before. His ego might make him difficult to get aong with, but he actually isn't a "total loss" and is a romantic possibility for her. He fights primarily with paired short swords.

Though there seems to be help from multiple weapons, the bullywug that was felled with magic likely is courtesy of Liamae Teslikaria (human female bard// fey bloodline sorcerer). She is a somewhat haughty woman, a rebel against her noble parents, who ran away from home to the exotic south to experience what life has to offer. For her part, there may or may not be some sexual tension between herself and the exotic Darrius, but her capricious and sometimes self-destructive lifestyle could be a problem if he pursued her and ends up being unable to 'tame' her.
The trackers can tell that a magnificent battle was fought here, and was likely the place where the Jade Ravens made their last stand against a large number of enemies. There is too much upturned dirt and mixed tracks to really get anything more, so it is not known of the Jade Ravens were killed and taken away, or if they fell back, or if they scattered, or what. At least, if they fell, they obviously gave as good as they got.

Lazer then guides the party to the large room to the north of the Ballroom and goes in through that door. This is the Private Dining Hall, with which you are more than familiar. This spacious room is filled with comfortable upholstered chairs, booshelves, and a few tables. A window overlooks the manor's central courtyard, and the carpet is thick and soft. A large portrait hangs on one wall, a fine work depicting Vanthus Vanderboren's handsome young features with a short beard and a sneer on his face.

Sitting in Lavinia's chair is a large bullywug ... female(?) that is mottled green and brown and wearing mismatched studded leather armor. There is a box of fine cigars open on the table in front of her, and she is smoking them leisurely. There are also three other bullywugs like you've fought before (also sporting wounds here and there).

"Boys," she croaks, not really bothering to move, "have at 'em."

Lazer looks at the party and says, "Leader-type. Celiss, Diamondback, take her alive."

R1T21: Korian rushes in to stand 10' in front of the lead bullywug bearing down, and he tosses the pilum, which expectedly sinks into his shield and weighs him down some.

R1T20: Diamondback comes tearing in, but closes fully on that same closest one and does a full-power kick for 13 points to that one's face.

R1T19: Ka'Xet, do you move in to what will quickly become a congested battleground, or do you toss your mindblade at a target? The leader is sitting in the background, and her hunters are making an effective screen, leaving the three bullywugs ... all are wounded, but now one is badly wounded. What do you do?

Darrius, you're on deck, so be thinking of what you want to do.

I/S
Korian: 21.
Diamondback: 20.
Ka'Xet: 19.
Darrius: 18.
TGH1: 13. (6:26). Pilum in shield (-2 ACP/ AC).
Celiss: 10.
Huntress Lorb-Lorb Tub: 8.
Lazer: 7.
TGH2: 4. (21:26).
TGH3: 3. (22:26).

DEAD
2 Bullywugs (1).

STABLE
1 Bullywug stabilized in #1 (-10:26).

lostsole31
2012-03-16, 07:38 PM
R1T19: Ka'Xet doesn't care about targeting the leader if she isn't fighting yet (especially since she is being screened). He tosses his mindblade at the badly wounded one with the spear in his shield. His mindblade flicks out and hits the bullywug in the upper left chest for 6 damage, disabling him (but it still stands) before reforming his blade.

R1T18: Darrius, it is 10' to either of the other two bullywugs (Korian and Diamondback keep the badly wounded one from being targetable by melee). What do you do?

I/S
Korian: 21.
Diamondback: 20.
Ka'Xet: 19.
Darrius: 18.
TGH1: 13. (0:26). DISABLED!!! Pilum in shield (-2 ACP/ AC).
Celiss: 10.
Huntress Lorb-Lorb Tub: 8.
Lazer: 7.
TGH2: 4. (21:26).
TGH3: 3. (22:26).

DEAD
2 Bullywugs (1).

STABLE
1 Bullywug stabilized in #1 (-10:26).

lostsole31
2012-03-16, 10:31 PM
R1T18: Considering the rank and file bullywugs as less than threatening, Darrius turns his attention to the one with the cigar(s). Though they intend to take ...her alive, he would rather put her out of the fight quickly if possible. Acidic spit pools in his mouth for but a moment and then it is released towards her. It's a difficult shot given the 'window' he has to target her, but it splats on her left shoulder for 16 acid damage! He targeted her neck, but even though he got the jump on her she has outstanding reflexes and managed to keep Darrius from getting in any sneak attack damage.3E (4d6) is to the acid, 2 to the sighting gloves ... that was my fault, I didn't change the Misc Mod for ranged attacks. Done.
R1T13: The disabled one refuses to fall and makes a desperate swipe at Diamondback with his tomahawk, and as he misses on the downward swipe he falls from the exertion and is unconscious.

R1T10: Celiss, do you close on one of the other two hunters to hold the line, or do you push past them to get to the leader? Since none of the (still standing) bullywugs have gone yet, you won't provoke any AOOs ... unless, of course, they have Combat Reflexes. She is 20' from you, and you'd have to deal with getting around a table to get to the corner she's in ... so no charge. What do you do?

I/S
Korian: 21.
Diamondback: 20.
Ka'Xet: 19.
Darrius: 18.
TGH1: 13. (-1:26). DYING!!! Pilum in shield.
Celiss: 10.
Huntress Lorb-Lorb Tub: 8.
Lazer: 7.
TGH2: 4. (21:26).
TGH3: 3. (22:26).

DEAD
2 Bullywugs (1).

STABLE
1 Bullywug stabilized in #1 (-10:26).

lostsole31
2012-03-17, 04:32 PM
R1T10: Celiss, hoping that the loss of the leader's soldiers will convince her to surrender, moves up to one of the bullywugs, drawing her rapier as she moves and jabbing at the chest of the strange frog-creature as it blocks with its tomahawk.

R1T8: The acid had splattered on the huntress' cigar, extinguishing it. Of course, that was a very painful attack as well. She touches a holy symbol with one hand and prays in another before touching herself. The holy symbol is that of Erythnul, the chaotic evil god of slaughter.
She then takes out both of her axes; they aren't throwing tomahawks, but they do seem to both be of excellent quality.
Celiss, Darrius, Diamondback, LazerThe spell is resist energy.

R1T7: Lazer: "Well, Darrius, looks like she just put a resist energy spell on herself. Without that initial drop on her, expect it to be acid and that acid not doing quite as much before."

He then moves to block the bullywug Celiss didn't, keeping Ka'Xet safe from any attackers. He doesn't commit to a strong attack, but rather fights defensively just to keep it occupied.

R1T4-3: It's dawning on the group that these bullywugs seem to be in their own version of a frothy rage, which is why it's so easy to hit them as they carelessly commit to attack. Both of the bullywugs going back and forth with their opponents.

End Round 1, Begin Round 2 ...

R2T21: In a burst of speed that is too quick for the two bullwug near him to react to, Korian jumps in front of the huntress. Both claws hit her for 12 damage, and his bite crits her for 10 damage.

R2T20: Diamondback acrobatically steps around the bullywug fighting Celiss, so both women are flanking that one. She makes a wild, full-power spinning kick that manages to still hit that bullywug for 14 damage, putting that one in the well into the yellow.

R2T19: Knowing pretty much intended action (and srgonzo not having his character sheet available yet), Ka'Xet focuses his psionic energy and tosses his mindblade at the one with the girls, hitting it for 17 damage and dropping it. He reforms his blade.

R2T18: "Darrius," says Lazer, "come 'round the other side of this one for a sweet spot strike if you got a hand weapon. I could use the help, and the girls can batter the leader into unconsciousness."

Darrius, do you continue to attack the leader with killing damage acid? or, do you skirt around the last remaining pawn (enough space to do so without provoking an AOO) and use a claw or take out a weapon and sneak-flank it with Lazer?

I/S
Korian: 21.
Diamondback: 20. PA4.
Ka'Xet: 19.
Darrius: 18.
TGH1: 13. (-1:26). DYING!!! Pilum in shield.
Celiss: 10.
Huntress Lorb-Lorb Tub: 8. Resist energy [acid] 10.
Lazer: 7. FD.
TGH2: 4. (-10:26). DYING!!!
TGH3: 3. (22:26). Lazer.

DEAD
2 Bullywugs (1).

STABLE
1 Bullywug stabilized in #1 (-10:26).

lostsole31
2012-03-19, 03:49 PM
R2T18: Darrius chuckles and gives a mocking half bow to the leader, "Clever girl." And, strangely, he sounds like the Jurassic Park Game Warden ... before he gets eaten. Hmmm, hope there's no parallel here, else it will go badly for you, Darrius. :smallcool:He weaves through the dining hall and up behind the bullywug Lazer suggested, azure light shifting across his forearms and shoulders. Once into position he thrusts with the blade, hoping to catch it in something particularly vital. To try and reduce his defenses, he pops it into the back of his shield arm for 10 points of pain as it gives a furious croaking howl.

R2T10: Celiss, what do you do?

I/S
Korian: 21.
Diamondback: 20. PA4.
Ka'Xet: 19.
Darrius: 18.
TGH1: 13. (-2:26). DYING!!! Pilum in shield.
Celiss: 10.
Huntress Lorb-Lorb Tub: 8. Resist energy [acid] 10.
Lazer: 7. FD.
TGH2: 4. (-10:26). DYING!!!
TGH3: 3. (12:26). Lazer.

DEAD
2 Bullywugs (1).

STABLE
1 Bullywug stabilized in #1 (-10:26).

lostsole31
2012-03-24, 12:15 AM
R2T10: Despite the two swords in her hand, Celiss closes on the leader with a different plan in mind. She calculates a likely stun point on the bullywug and gives a front kick. The huntress is a little faster than her minions, and those two axes seems to make an effective screen, but Celiss' high-speed analysis serves her well as the ball of her right heel impacts with what is hopefully the bullywug's solar plexus for 9 (max) NL damage. The frog-woman gasps, but seems to be made of inhuman fortitude and keeps hold of her axes and her senses.

R2T8: The huntress gives a shrieking croak of anger as she no longer tries to control herself but descends into a feral fury. Her left axe bounces off of Korian's mithral chain shirt, but the right axe is only stopped by Celiss' thin layer of scales.

R2T7: Lazer continues to fight defensively to continue to occupy the bullywug for Darrius. But the canny dwarf finds an opening and takes it anyway, cracking the hunter in the head for 7 damage, and putting that opponent in the red.

R2T3: Though Darrius is the more dangerous of the two, the flanked bullywug in his rage simply lashes out at the last source of pain and hitting the winged dwarf in the belly for 7 damage.

End Round 2, Begin Round 3 ...

R3T21: Given her weak armor and her obvious current rage, Korian goes all out again with claw/ claw/ bite. His first attack crits her in the left shoulder for 14 damage, and this second outstanding strike - building on his bite last round, is driving him to even greater levels of power and frenzy. She ducks his second claw and bite. No matter. The scent of her blood has him focused on her.

R3T20: Diamondback does a hop up onto the table to attack the cornered bullywug from the only remaining angle - and a high one at that. She focuses both a little extra power (though dropping overall), and a little extra defense, and then goes to leg grapple her around the neck and shoulders, succeeding. Even in her rage, the bullywug cannot quite defend against such an unusual attack. Diamondback does a leg-round-neck sleeper for 9 NL damage.

R3T19: Ka'Xet, the bullywug leader is in a grapple, meaning that if you tried to shoot her there'd be a 50% chance of hitting either the huntress or Diamondback. (And there is no way you can 'choose' to take penalties to diminish that ... shooting precisely into a grapple is an amazing combat skill far beyond your own.) You could finish off the last bullywug soldier, and you'd do have a hair more advantage doing so as a ranged attack. What do you do?

Darrius, you're on deck.

I/S
Korian: 21. Blood in the water +2.
Diamondback: 20. CE2/ PA2.
Ka'Xet: 19.
Darrius: 18.
TGH1: 13. (-2:26). DYING!!! Pilum in shield.
Celiss: 10.
Huntress Lorb-Lorb Tub: 8. Raging!
* Resist energy [acid] 10.
Lazer: 7. FD.
TGH2: 4. (-11:26). DYING!!!
TGH3: 3. (5:26). Lazer.

DEAD
2 Bullywugs (1).

STABLE
1 Bullywug stabilized in #1 (-10:26).

lostsole31
2012-03-27, 12:46 AM
R3T19: Ka'Xet tries to finish off the bullywug bullyboy, hitting him in the left upper leg for 6 damage, enough to drop it. He reforms his mindblade.

R3T18: Darrius, with Diamondback grappling the leader, you have a place to go ... you'd have to go around the opposite side, do a "Hop Up" jump onto the table, and then attack downwards into the grapple with a melee attack. Attempting a spit would suffer the same no-chance-to-mitigate-equal-chance-of-hurting-friendly, and with the leader having cast an acid resistance spell, the main hurt would be on Diamondback. What do you do, because even a dagger is devastating in your sneak(attack)y hands?

Celiss, you're on deck.

I/S
Korian: 21. Blood in the water +2.
Diamondback: 20. CE2/ PA2.
Ka'Xet: 19.
Darrius: 18.
TGH1: 13. (-4:24). DYING!!! Pilum in shield.
Celiss: 10.
Huntress Lorb-Lorb Tub: 8. Raging!
* Resist energy [acid] 10.
Lazer: 7. FD.
TGH2: 4. (-13:24). DYING!!!
TGH3: 3. (-3:24). DYING!!!

DEAD
2 Bullywugs (1).

STABLE
1 Bullywug stabilized in #1 (-12:24).

lostsole31
2012-03-27, 01:41 AM
R3T18: Seeing an opportunity, Darrius hops up onto the table and rolls into position in order to swipe his dagger at the grappling duo. He hopes to catch the bullywug across the neck and sever an artery, but knows with the grapple going full swing it might not be easy. He does manage to slash the thrashing bullywug's left tricep for 8 damage.

R3T10: Celiss, you are there with Darrius to your left on the table, and the grappling Diamondback/bullywug in front of you. Unlike Ka'Xet and those that favor missile weapons, a melee expert like you does not fear accidentally hitting Diamondback. What do you do?

I/S
Korian: 21. Blood in the water +2.
Diamondback: 20. CE2/ PA2.
Ka'Xet: 19.
Darrius: 18.
TGH1: 13. (-4:24). DYING!!! Pilum in shield.
Celiss: 10.
Huntress Lorb-Lorb Tub: 8. Raging!
* Resist energy [acid] 10.
Lazer: 7. FD.
TGH2: 4. (-13:24). DYING!!!
TGH3: 3. (-3:24). DYING!!!

DEAD
2 Bullywugs (1).

STABLE
1 Bullywug stabilized in #1 (-12:24).

lostsole31
2012-03-31, 02:10 AM
R3T10: Celiss lashes out with one arm, darting forwards to try and hit the bullywug with an elbow strike before hopping back to follow up with a kick from the opposite side, taking advantage of the frog-woman's preoccupation with Diamondback to take more time to aim than normal. Her first attack is completely off the mark, and Celiss is almost embarrassed, although her kick is fairly well-positioned, hitting the creature at the outside edge of its right elbow for 5 damage.Yes, the first missed. Yes, the second hit. However, you only have a +5/ +5 to attack with a flurry. So, I don't know where you get a +7/ +7. You aren't flanking the bullywug, but if you were I usually calculate that ... or at least ask you to specify that you used that (or any other deviations from what's on your sheet).
R3T8: The raging bullywug doesn't try to escape, but it holds light weapons perfect for fighting in a scrape, and the use of her two axes still helps her defense against others attacking her, even those outside of a grapple. Her right axe hits Diamondback in her left shoulder for 13 damage; not only is she really strong in this rage, but it seems she has a particular relish for attacking this target. Diamondback manages to block the other axe.

R3T7: Lazer flies directly above the grapple, ready to put a healing spell on Diamondback or anyone who needs one in dire straits.

End Round 3, Begin Round 4 ...

R4T21: Korian isn't in a bloodrage, but he is close. Unlike when he gets hurt and loses control and goes mindless, this seems to be a slow growing into battle prowess with each solid strike he's made against the bullywug woman. His first claw grazes her head for 6 damage, the second hits her intercostals for 8 damage, and he bites her in the left foot for 4 damage. The enemy, even in a rage, looks woozy.

R4T20: Diamondback tries to get a firmer hold, but ends up letting the bullywug go. It's a tough scrape, though, since they are both in the same space. Diamondback is able to stand up first, though.

R4T19: Ka'Xet, the only attack you could possibly make is ranged between legs and such at the prone bullywug. What do you do?

Darrius, you're on deck ...

I/S
Korian: 21. Blood in the water +2.
Diamondback: 20.
Ka'Xet: 19.
Darrius: 18.
TGH1: 13. (-4:24). DYING!!! Pilum in shield.
Celiss: 10.
Huntress Lorb-Lorb Tub: 8. Raging!
* Resist energy [acid] 10.
Lazer: 7.
TGH2: 4. (-14:24). DYING!!!
TGH3: 3. (-4:24). DYING!!!

DEAD
2 Bullywugs (1).

STABLE
1 Bullywug stabilized in #1 (-12:24).

lostsole31
2012-04-03, 02:43 AM
R4T19: Not Ka'Xet's best toss, but a prone raging bullywug in light armor isn't too hard to hit after all, his tossed mindblade hits the huntress' lower back for 9 damage and she slumps.

Her rage abated, her wounds look they're barely keeping her alive, but the heroes put enough pummel on her (18 NL) that she isn't dead.

Combat Over ... now what?

I/S
Korian: 21. Blood in the water +2.
Diamondback: 20.
Ka'Xet: 19.
Darrius: 18.
TGH1: 13. (-4:24). DYING!!! Pilum in shield.
Celiss: 10.
Huntress Lorb-Lorb Tub: 8. Raging!
* Resist energy [acid] 10.
Lazer: 7.
TGH2: 4. (-14:24). DYING!!!
TGH3: 3. (-4:24). DYING!!!

DEAD
2 Bullywugs (1).

STABLE
1 Bullywug stabilized in #1 (-12:24).

lostsole31
2012-04-06, 09:11 PM
Post-Battle Status

I/S
Korian: 21.
Diamondback: 20.
Ka'Xet: 19.
Darrius: 18.
Celiss: 10.
Huntress Lorb-Lorb Tub: 8.
* Resist energy [acid] 10.
Lazer: 7.

DEAD
2 Bullywugs (1).

STABLE
1 Bullywug stabilized in #1 (-12:24).
3 Bullywugs stabilized in #12 (-5, -16, -7).

lostsole31
2012-04-07, 01:49 PM
R1T23: Diamondback speeds onto the balcony to try and bullrush a bullywug over the edge. Sure enough, she slams into one and he goes tumbling over to take 2 damage and is prone below.

R1T18: That bullywug croaks in anger, gets up and goes running around towards the front of the house.

R1T15: Korian goes to do the same thing, but manages to put a little spin on his. He crashes into the other bullywug, actually doing 8 damage to it before it falls over the balcony for 5 damage below. That one didn't have time to get itself into a rage, and with its prior wounds does nothing.

I/S
Diamondback: 23.
Korian: 15.
Celiss: 14.
Darrius: 7.
Ka'Xet: 7.
Lazer: 5.

DEAD
2 Bullywugs (1).

STABLE/ CAPTURED
Huntress Lorb-Lorb Tub, along with balcony faller (18).
1 Bullywug stabilized in #1 (24).
3 Bullywugs stabilized in #12 (-5, -16, -7).
1 Bullywug on grounds below Area #21, balcony (-7).

lostsole31
2012-04-07, 06:13 PM
R1T23: Well. Surprise, surprise, surprise. Not only does initiative belong to the "helpless" Lavinia, but it appears that the crafty noblewoman had worked free of her bonds up to this point. She darts out from under the surprised half-orc's nose and gets behind the party. "Can somebody help a girl out with a weapon? Rapier, dagger, or short sword preferred. And there's no way that half-orc gets out. Doesn't matter what the deal was, it was he that killed Kora to cow the others."

R1T22: Just a hair behind the surprisingly agile woman, Drevoraz curses and looks and charges Lazer (who stepped in front). As he does so, his eyes glow a cobalt blue. He 'grazes' the winged dwarf's belly for 17 damage!

R1T17: Celiss, you and Diamondback are both behind Lazer. You last had your rapier and short sword in hand, so if you want to cast anything, you'd need to drop yoru rapier. What do you do?

I/S
Lavinia: 23.
Drevoraz: 22.
Celiss: 17.
Diamondback: 16.
Lazer: 15.
Ka'Xet: 10.
Korian: 8.
Bua Gorg: 8.
Darrius: 6.

DEAD
2 Bullywugs (1).

STABLE/ CAPTURED
Huntress Lorb-Lorb Tub, along with balcony faller (18).
1 Bullywug stabilized in #1 (24).
3 Bullywugs stabilized in #12 (-5, -16, -7).
1 Bullywug on grounds below Area #21, balcony (-7).

lostsole31
2012-04-09, 12:51 PM
R1T17: Celiss, intent on casting a spell, will hand her rapier to Lavinia if possible.I've often been curious how to handle handing over items to other hands. :smallredface: I think a MA is a fine way to hand it over in a controlled manner, with a FA for the recipient. The MA is so it doesn't fall, and would provoke an AOO ... but the half-orc doesn't threaten you, so not now. And it would only be a FA to grab the item if a hand is open, and does not provoke an AOO.
"You know, we could have talked about this, but if you're going to turn to violence, so will I," Celiss says, finishing a multitude of arcane symbols with a snap of the fingers of her left and a short incantation. As she points to the half-orc, a blazing ray of unnatural heat lances from her hand. She might normally have hit, but she has to adjust so as not to hit Lazer, and the half-orc seems to be more agile than herself. The scorching ray continues past and blows out a window, destroying the curtains (but causing them to flashburn too quickly to continue burning).

R1T16: Diamondback makes a series of incredible and flashy maneuvers to end up flanking the half-orc with Lazer. She uses a lot of tactical defense, offset by the flank, to grab the half-orc. As good as she is, his strength manages to keep her from maintaining a hold.

R1T10: Ka'Xet, you don't share Celiss' lack of training in shooting into a melee. What do you do?

I/S
Lavinia: 23. Holds Celiss' +1 rapier.
Drevoraz: 22.
Celiss: 17.
Diamondback: 16. Flank Dz w/ Lazer.
Lazer: 15. Face Drevoraz.
Ka'Xet: 10.
Korian: 8.
Bua Gorg: 8.
Darrius: 6.

DEAD
2 Bullywugs (1).

STABLE/ CAPTURED
Huntress Lorb-Lorb Tub, along with balcony faller (18).
1 Bullywug stabilized in #1 (24).
3 Bullywugs stabilized in #12 (-5, -16, -7).
1 Bullywug on grounds below Area #21, balcony (-7).

lostsole31
2012-04-09, 07:01 PM
R1T10: Ka'Xet attempts to throw his mindblade through the half-orc and manifests another. It's a brilliant toss, hitting Drevoraz in the left shoulder, but his mithral chain shirt stops the psi-missile from scoring a critical and he takes 9 damage.

R1T8: Korian tosses his pilum overhead at the casting bullywug, doing max damage (12) to its left elbow. The fanatical cleric will not be denied, however, and forces himself to overcome the pain to continue casting.

R1T7.9: The pilum barely has time to smash the cleric's arm before he finishes the spell. A crocodile appears 10' behind Diamondback. This crocodile, however, carries with it the tang of a truly fetid, even acrid, swamp. It's scales glisten green-black, and it is almost as if it possesses a malign intelligence.

"Kill that first woman!" hisses Bua Gorg.

The monster charges Diamondback (and as such is now flanking with Drevoraz against her) and snaps on her left upper arm for 12 (max) damage. She wrestles briefly with it before she manages to pull away (part of that high damage is the pulling as well as the bite).

Bua Gorg then casts a spell upon himself.Celiss, Darrius, Lazer...Protection from good. First spell was summon monster III.Celiss only ...[spoiler]It is a fiendish crocodile.
R1T6:Darrius?

I/S
Lavinia: 23. Holds Celiss' +1 rapier.
Drevoraz: 22.
Celiss: 17.
Diamondback: 16. Flank Dz w/ Lazer.
Lazer: 15. Face Drevoraz.
Ka'Xet: 10.
Korian: 8.
Summoned Fiendish Crocodile: 7.95. Lasts til end R7T7.95. Charging!
Bua Gorg: 7.9. Protection from Good.
Darrius: 6.

DEAD
2 Bullywugs (1).

STABLE/ CAPTURED
Huntress Lorb-Lorb Tub, along with balcony faller (18).
1 Bullywug stabilized in #1 (24).
3 Bullywugs stabilized in #12 (-5, -16, -7).
1 Bullywug on grounds below Area #21, balcony (-7).

lostsole31
2012-04-12, 02:49 AM
R1T6: Darrius says as he just barely ducks past the half-orc while drawing his rapier (if not out already), "Wow. An incarnate, huh? Of evil, no doubt."

He quips to his friends, "This guy has a shocking grasp like me, those blue goggles and can see deception .... and, it seems like he has a mantle of flame like myself. Half-orc is boosting his blade with essentia somehow."

He stabs the bullywug in the belly for max (13, because of max bluesteel bracers), but Darrius still takes 1 mod fire damage from the bullywug's mantle.

End Round 1, Begin Round 2 ...

R2T23: Lavinia manages to squeeze to the immediate right of Drevoraz. You never realized she was so agile and she stabs the half-orc in the upper intercostals for 5 damage.

R2T22: Drevoraz is far more disciplined than his kin, however, he steps 5' away from Lavinia against the other side of the wall in this larger ante-section of the room (15' wide). He puts a little extra power into his swing and attacks the flying dwarf but Lazer manages to lift his feet as the cutlass passes underneath.

R2T17: Celiss, what do you do? Close for melee, cast a spell .... ?

I/S
Lavinia: 23. Holds Celiss' +1 rapier.
Drevoraz: 22. PA2.
Celiss: 17.
Diamondback: 16. Flank Dz w/ Lazer.
Lazer: 15. Face Drevoraz.
Ka'Xet: 10.
Korian: 8.
Summoned Fiendish Crocodile: 7.95. Lasts til end R7T7.95. Charging!
Bua Gorg: 7.9. Protection from Good.
Darrius: 6.

DEAD
2 Bullywugs (1).

STABLE/ CAPTURED
Huntress Lorb-Lorb Tub, along with balcony faller (18).
1 Bullywug stabilized in #1 (24).
3 Bullywugs stabilized in #12 (-5, -16, -7).
1 Bullywug on grounds below Area #21, balcony (-7).

lostsole31
2012-04-12, 08:11 PM
R2T17: Celiss, recognizing the threat of the bullywug if he were allowed to continue casting unhindered, immediately moves to attack him, slashing at him with her bonded sword. With Drevoraz against the wall, Celiss can move easily along the opposite wall to avoid him ... but not the crocodile, which snaps at her while she passes. She moves alongside Darrius and stabs the bullywug in the left hand for 4 damage, but not before she has to force her rapier through a deflecting force.It would seem that you are affected by protection from good. :smallconfused:Licks of incarnum-flame try to burn you but do nothing.

Lazer calls out and says, "He's an incarnum blade user ... he has limited ability to use soul magic, but it makes his sword more accurate, deadly, but also far harder to break."

R2T16: Diamondback fights with an equal mix of extra power and defense, but that combination throws off her accuracy with a kick.

R2T15: Lazer tries to fly up quickly but the half-orc hits him in the right elbow for a whopping 24 damage as the dwarf drops his warhammer. He continues his ascent to be up to the high ceiling out of reach of the half-orc and his scimitar as he drew a second wand. Lazer is in the red. He puts both wands in a hand (two wands is no problem, they're held, not wielded) and casts a CMW on himself for 22 healing, bringing him back up to the green.

R2T10: Ka'Xet, only 10' of space between you and Drevoraz. What do you do?

I/S
Lavinia: 23. Holds Celiss' +1 rapier.
Drevoraz: 22. PA2.
Celiss: 17.
Diamondback: 16. CE2 PA2.
Lazer: 15. Ceiling.
Ka'Xet: 10.
Korian: 8.
Summoned Fiendish Crocodile: 7.95. Lasts til end R7T7.95. Charging!
Bua Gorg: 7.9. Protection from Good.
Darrius: 6.

DEAD
2 Bullywugs (1).

STABLE/ CAPTURED
Huntress Lorb-Lorb Tub, along with balcony faller (18).
1 Bullywug stabilized in #1 (24).
3 Bullywugs stabilized in #12 (-5, -16, -7).
1 Bullywug on grounds below Area #21, balcony (-7).

lostsole31
2012-04-16, 12:36 AM
R2T10: Ka'Xet flings a mindblade at Drevoraz, closes and manifests another mindblade on the fly. Because of the close range, the mindblade just barely manages to get through the studded leather gorget to hit the half-orc along the side of the neck for 7 damage.

R2T8: Korian breathes in to calm himself, and weaves the handaxes around in the air until the concealing chill mists surround him. He lashes out with both axes at the crocodile behind him while utilizing full tactical defense. The hesitation throws off both blades as they lightly bounce off the croc's hard skin.

R2T7.95: Korian's defenses, though, are impressive. The croc, in thrashing about to try and get at him, ends up biting its own tail for 13 damage.

R2T7.9: The electricity in Bua Gorg's gauntlets (which, btw, continue aong his spear) diminishes slightly, while his mantle of flame gets hotter. He begins casting a spell defensively ...

R2T6: Darrius, what do you do?

I/S
Lavinia: 23. Holds Celiss' +1 rapier.
Drevoraz: 22. PA2. Ka'Xet.
Celiss: 17.
Diamondback: 16. CE2 PA2.
Lazer: 15. Ceiling.
Ka'Xet: 10. Drevoraz.
Korian: 8. 20% miss chance. CE2.
Summoned Fiendish Crocodile: 7.95. (20:33). Lasts til end R7T7.95.
Bua Gorg: 7.9. Protection from Good. Darrius, Celiss. Casting SM1!!!
Darrius: 6.

DEAD
2 Bullywugs (1).

STABLE/ CAPTURED
Huntress Lorb-Lorb Tub, along with balcony faller (18).
1 Bullywug stabilized in #1 (24).
3 Bullywugs stabilized in #12 (-5, -16, -7).
1 Bullywug on grounds below Area #21, balcony (-7).

lostsole31
2012-04-17, 09:51 PM
R2T6: Darrius chuckles as he notices the change in essentia, "Try to burn us all you like, it'll get you nowhere."

He thrusts in with the rapier and a moment later his hand whips out, hoping to catch with the claws what he failed to hit with his sword. It's a nice slash across the bullywug's inside left elbow, but just failing to sever the tendon and artery there, doing 5 damage. A good strike, but the bullywug's fanatacism carries him through the pain as he continues casting. Even with his dragon mantle, Darrius still takes 5 mod fire damage.

End Round 2, Begin Round 3 ...

R3T23: Lavinia darts forward to poke Drevoraz in the lower abdomen for 5 damage.

R3T22: Despite the poke from Lavina, Drevoraz recognizes Diamondback and Ka'Xet as the more dangerous two. He slashes across and 'grazes' Diamondback's belly for 17 damage, recovers, and then just misses critting her in the head for 18 damage. Diamondback is suddenly in the red.

R3T17: Celiss, you are with Darrius trying to stop the bullywug cleric, who is in the middle of casting what appears to specifically be a summon monster I spell. Not incredibly dangerous in and of itself, but right now the battlefield is spread thin already. Lazer was almost dropped (but he's fine now), and now suddenly Diamondback will definitely be dropped with another slash from Drevoraz' scimitar .... and Lavinia standing toe-to-toe with the exceptional half-orc warrior is at once both inspiring and daunting. Then, of course, Korian is going mano-y-croc with the crocodile. What do you do?

I/S
Lavinia: 23. Holds Celiss' +1 rapier.
Drevoraz: 22. Ka'Xet.
Celiss: 17.
Diamondback: 16. CE2 PA2.
Lazer: 15. Ceiling.
Ka'Xet: 10. Drevoraz.
Korian: 8. 20% miss chance. CE2.
Summoned Fiendish Crocodile: 7.95. (20:33). Lasts til end R7T7.95.
Bua Gorg: 7.9. Protection from Good. Darrius, Celiss. Casting SM1!!!
Darrius: 6.

DEAD
2 Bullywugs (1).

STABLE/ CAPTURED
Huntress Lorb-Lorb Tub, along with balcony faller (18).
1 Bullywug stabilized in #1 (24).
3 Bullywugs stabilized in #12 (-5, -16, -7).
1 Bullywug on grounds below Area #21, balcony (-7).

lostsole31
2012-04-21, 05:13 AM
R3T17: Celiss figures she needs to drop the bullywug cleric quickly, but knows Darrius is better fighting with a flank-buddy. "Darrius, I've got this herpetological abomination well in hand. See if you can't use a more 'finesse-based' approach to combat if you can."

Celiss calculates lines of trajectory, force, and angles while adjusting for likely spots of impact on the odd bullywug's yet-humanoid frame. Her fist slams deep into its gut for 5 damage. Despite her excellent strike, the cleric is too tough to be stunned even by Celiss. Still, he had to focus so much inner strength to not be stunned .... that he loses his spell.

"Dagon will breathe your blood, you bitch!" he screams in anger. And his anger burns red hot, for his mantle flares enough that even with her infernal heritage, Celiss still takes 9 fire damage! :smallfrown:

Undeterred, she finishes her flurry with a kick to the solar plexus for 9 (max) damage. But again, the flame flares impossibly hot as she takes another 9 fire damage.

"On second thought, Darrius" she hisses through the pain of her burns, "let's drop this guy together, huh?"

R3T16: Diamondback stops applying any extra power and instead goes for full tactical defense, landing no blow.

R3T15: Lazer gets and points a wand at Drevoraz. Even in the thick of combat he hits the half-orc easily enough in the left shoulder for 2 Strength. Not a lot, but it's something.

R3T10: Ka'Xet, you are in melee with Drevoraz. This guy doesn't look like he was slowed that much by the feeble ray of enfeeblement. What do you do?

I/S
Lavinia: 23. Holds Celiss' +1 rapier.
Drevoraz: 22. Ka'Xet. -2 Strength.
Celiss: 17.
Diamondback: 16. CE4.
Lazer: 15. Ceiling.
Ka'Xet: 10. Drevoraz.
Korian: 8. 20% miss chance. CE2.
Summoned Fiendish Crocodile: 7.95. (20:33). Lasts til end R7T7.95.
Bua Gorg: 7.9. Protection from Good. Darrius, Celiss.
Darrius: 6.

DEAD
2 Bullywugs (1).

STABLE/ CAPTURED
Huntress Lorb-Lorb Tub, along with balcony faller (18).
1 Bullywug stabilized in #1 (24).
3 Bullywugs stabilized in #12 (-5, -16, -7).
1 Bullywug on grounds below Area #21, balcony (-7).

lostsole31
2012-04-23, 02:41 AM
R3T10: Ka'Xet attempts to get stabby wid' it .... yo. He pierces along the outside of Drevoraz' left elbow for 7 damage.

R3T8: Korian uses full tactical defense as he fights alone against the croc, and his bite lands for 4 damage.

R3T7.95: It really looks like the crocodile will land a bite, but Korian's defense is too dizzying for it, and its tail slap goes wide.

R3T7.9: Bua Gorg says to Celiss, "Witch-woman, you will burn yourself on me before I ever fall to you."

He then defensively casts CMW on himself for 15 healing.

R3T6: Darrius, what do you do?

I/S
Lavinia: 23. Holds Celiss' +1 rapier.
Drevoraz: 22. Ka'Xet. -2 Strength.
Celiss: 17.
Diamondback: 16. CE4.
Lazer: 15. Ceiling.
Ka'Xet: 10. Drevoraz.
Korian: 8. 20% miss chance. CE2.
Summoned Fiendish Crocodile: 7.95. (16:33). Lasts til end R7T7.95.
Bua Gorg: 7.9. Protection from Good. Darrius, Celiss.
Darrius: 6.

DEAD
2 Bullywugs (1).

STABLE/ CAPTURED
Huntress Lorb-Lorb Tub, along with balcony faller (18).
1 Bullywug stabilized in #1 (24).
3 Bullywugs stabilized in #12 (-5, -16, -7).
1 Bullywug on grounds below Area #21, balcony (-7).

lostsole31
2012-04-23, 08:31 PM
R3T6: Darrius weighs his options for a moment and then simply decides on continuing the attack. Neither the magic rapier nor claws are able to get through the bullywug's fine leather armor.
With Celiss face-to-face with Bua Gorg, you can't get a flank. Even if Celiss went to the only exposed flank (his left), the right side is blocked by a highboy. If you turn and move 10', you would instantly flank the crocodile with Korian.
End Round 3, Begin Round 4 ...

R4T23: Lavinia stabs Drevoraz in the upper center chest for max (8) damage with the magic rapier. It seems that the heroes' earlier exploits must have inspired her to take up the sword, because she is fighting like a regular swashbuckler (though not with the same level of skill as the PCs).

R4T22: Despite having just gotten stabbed 1" below the suprasternal cavity (hollow of the base of the neck), Drevoraz tries to thin the battlefield by dropping Diamondback. He cuts deep across her left upper arm and well into her intercostals and through the lungs and out the heart, critting her in a spray of blood for 34 damage.

She is dead before she hits the ground. She has repaid her debt quite dearly. :smallfrown:

He continues his brutal attack, this time targeting the funny-looking man with the funny glowing sword. His attack cuts across Ka'Xet's right elbow for 16 damage.

R4T17: Back over by Bua Gorg, what does Celiss do?

I/S
Lavinia: 23. Holds Celiss' +1 rapier.
Drevoraz: 22. Ka'Xet. -2 Strength.
Celiss: 17.
Lazer: 15. Ceiling.
Ka'Xet: 10. Drevoraz.
Korian: 8. 20% miss chance. CE2.
Summoned Fiendish Crocodile: 7.95. (16:33). Lasts til end R7T7.95.
Bua Gorg: 7.9. Protection from Good. Darrius, Celiss.
Darrius: 6.

DEAD
2 Bullywugs (1).

STABLE/ CAPTURED
Huntress Lorb-Lorb Tub, along with balcony faller (18).
1 Bullywug stabilized in #1 (24).
3 Bullywugs stabilized in #12 (-5, -16, -7).
1 Bullywug on grounds below Area #21, balcony (-7).

lostsole31
2012-04-24, 10:40 PM
R4T17: "We'll see which of us burns first," Celiss says, deciding to use her own fire instead of risking further injury by attacking him. She steps back and slightly left to make sure Darrius is clear and casts burning hands, enveloping Bua Gorg for 11 fire damage.

R4T15: Lazer prays, "Procan, take your servant who died honorably to make up for her cutthroat ways. She died well."

He then points the wand again, but fails to make it work.

R4T10: Ka'Xet, you are clearly outclassed. This monstrosity is far better, focused with his weapon, and is stupidly strong with other things to make this a lopsided battle for you. Lavinia has been lucky, but as Drevoraz outclasses you, you outclass her ... and with Diamondback dead (who was likely the best melee-ist of the three of you, not counting the non-melee dwarf) .... things are looking very grim. Drevoraz seems to be sporting good wounds, and is riding the line between the green and yellow. Still, you face him. What do you do?

I/S
Lavinia: 23. Holds Celiss' +1 rapier.
Drevoraz: 22. Ka'Xet. -2 Strength.
Celiss: 17.
Lazer: 15. Ceiling.
Ka'Xet: 10. Drevoraz.
Korian: 8. 20% miss chance. CE2.
Summoned Fiendish Crocodile: 7.95. (16:33). Lasts til end R7T7.95.
Bua Gorg: 7.9. Protection from Good. Darrius, Celiss.
Darrius: 6.

DEAD
2 Bullywugs (1).

STABLE/ CAPTURED
Huntress Lorb-Lorb Tub, along with balcony faller (18).
1 Bullywug stabilized in #1 (24).
3 Bullywugs stabilized in #12 (-5, -16, -7).
1 Bullywug on grounds below Area #21, balcony (-7).

lostsole31
2012-04-27, 02:27 AM
R4T10: Ka'Xet spits in Drevoraz' face, steps back 5' to the opposite sidewall to get some distance, and throws a psychically-charged mindblade. Drevoraz' armor just barely keeps the thrown mindblade from shattering his knee, doing a still-respectable 14 damage! "C'mere you great bratchny cheena and get a good clop on your gulliver."
You never specified psychicially charging the blade. Sooo ...
FA: 5' free move back.
MA: Psychic charging mindblade.
SA: Attack. You never actually rolled the attack roll to confirm, only extra damage if you were successful. (I rolled the confirm roll.)

You are out of actions, so you have nothing in your hand with which to threaten an opponent. STILL, great job remembering what you usually forget with the psychic strike. You have tricks, but either because you normally don't look at your sheet or update on the fly you bypass a lot of what your character can do. Good job!The half-orc is finally beginning to show some fatigue from his wounds.

R4T8: Korian no longer tries to fight tactically with the crocodile, wanting to finish it off quickly so it doesn't attack anyone else or hold him up from helping against the half-orc. But this lack of focus hurts him. He attacks wildly with the handaxe, too wildly, twisting his right ankle and falling prone. As he gets up, the croc attacks but its bite is thrown off by the chill mists surrounding Korian.

R4T7.95: The croc snaps with its powerful jaws, and through unknown grace doesn't manage to bite through Korian's very thin natural hide. Its tail comes whipping around, but Korian manages to do a reinforced block with both axes.

R4T7.9: Bua Gorg presents his horrible holy symbol and croaks as dark energies of a dark god pull and tug at the life energy of everyone there, and only willpower and faith helps to resist.
Celiss: Saved, 4 NE (negative energy) damage.
Darrius, Drevoraz: Saved, 5 NE.
Ka'Xet: Saved, 3 NE.
Korian, Lazer: Saved, 7 NE.
* Lazer now in the yellow.
* Korian, unused to such insidious and cowardly magics, doesn't have much of a chance and is now fully in the throes of his bloodrage. :smallamused:
Lavinia: Saved, 6 NE damage.
Crocodile: Failed, 15 NE damage, in the red.

All of the unconscious, tied up Jade Ravens are helpless, so they cannot save and take full damage (various). It is not known if they were comatose-KO, or merely subdued, if they are dying, or dead, or what ....

R4T6: Darrius, no way to flank this guy. You have no idea what that burst was. It doesn't seem like a spell, and while not doing a lot of damage to any one person, it hurt everyone (friend and foe alike) for a respectable total amount of damage, and possibly killed some of the helpless tied up folk. What do you do?

I/S
Lavinia: 23. Holds Celiss' +1 rapier.
Drevoraz: 22. Ka'Xet. -2 Strength.
Celiss: 17.
Lazer: 15. Ceiling.
Ka'Xet: 10. Drevoraz.
Korian: 8. 20% miss chance. Raging!!!
* Ankle twisted, half-speed for 10 minutes!!!
Summoned Fiendish Crocodile: 7.95. (1:33). Lasts til end R7T7.95.
Bua Gorg: 7.9. Protection from Good. Darrius, Celiss.
Darrius: 6.

DYING
Corin, Tolin, and Zan ...

DEAD
2 Bullywugs (1).

STABLE/ CAPTURED
Huntress Lorb-Lorb Tub, along with balcony faller (18).
1 Bullywug stabilized in #1 (24).
3 Bullywugs stabilized in #12 (-5, -16, -7).
1 Bullywug on grounds below Area #21, balcony (-7).

lostsole31
2012-05-08, 03:31 PM
R4T6: Darrius flinches away from the tide of foul energy, and as it recedes from him he surges back into the fight, hoping to end the foul caster. Darrius stabs Bua in the groin for a solid 11 damage, though his claw only scores the cleric's fine mis-matched studded armor. The cleric's wounds are beginning to show, but the dark flame surrounding him still flares forth to do 8 mod fire damage to Darrius.

End Round 4, Begin Round 5 ...

R5T23: Lavinia fences with Drevoraz, but does not pass.

R5T22: Drevoraz hacks at Ka'Xet's upper chest to do a whalloping 19 damage, then comes around again to cut deep across the xeph's left upper arm for 18 damage, and Ka'Xet drops from shock and bloodloss. Drevoraz then takes a 5' step to Lavinia's side, looking as if he wants to leave the battle.

Lazer calls out, "If Drevoraz leaves, let him go! We have enough in here, and I'll tend to Ka'Xet."

R5T17: Meanwhile, back with the cleric ... Celiss, what do you do?

I/S
Lavinia: 23. Holds Celiss' +1 rapier.
Drevoraz: 22. Ka'Xet. -2 Strength.
Celiss: 17.
Lazer: 15. Ceiling.
Ka'Xet: 10. DYING!!
Korian: 8. 20% miss chance. Raging!!!
* Ankle twisted, half-speed for 10 minutes!!!
Summoned Fiendish Crocodile: 7.95. (1:33). Lasts til end R7T7.95.
Bua Gorg: 7.9. Protection from Good. Darrius, Celiss.
Darrius: 6.

DYING
Corin, Tolin, and Zan ...

DEAD
2 Bullywugs (1).

STABLE/ CAPTURED
Huntress Lorb-Lorb Tub, along with balcony faller (18).
1 Bullywug stabilized in #1 (24).
3 Bullywugs stabilized in #12 (-5, -16, -7).
1 Bullywug on grounds below Area #21, balcony (-7).

lostsole31
2012-05-10, 06:17 PM
"...she steps back and slightly left..." This is what I put in as a DM to keep you from gicking yourself, but also to make sure that Darrius was not in the line of fire. No need to step back because there is a 5-foot-gap between you and Bua Gorg.
R5T17: Celiss, the heat from the flames still seeming to stay on her body, breathes deeply, preparing an arcane formula to boost her stamina. Hopefully it would prove unnecessary, but it was better to be protected more than necessary than to be ... well, dead. Celiss now knows the superhuman constitution that Darrius enjoys, and she perks up a little more, no longer in the yellow.

R5T15: Lazer flies over and above the tied, dying prisoners and casts stabilize on Tolin Kientai. It is not known if he was actually dying or already dead.

R5T10: Ka'Xet, roll a Constitution check vs a DC 10. +3 for Con bonus, -5 for # hp's below zero. This means roll a d20 with a -2 penalty, and a score of 10 or more means you self-stabilize. If you get down to a negative number of hit points equal to your Constitution score (-16 in your case), then you die ... not at -10.

R5T8: The ankle-sprained Korian in a bloodrage tears into the crocodile with axe and bite, killing it. In killing it, his bloodrage subsides.

R5T7.9: Bua Gorg attacks Darrius with a spear that has electricity coursing up and down it, but it slams against his armor for no damage (either to Darrius or to himself from Darrius' mantle).

R5T6: Darrius, what do you do?

I/S
Lavinia: 23. Holds Celiss' +1 rapier.
Drevoraz: 22. Ka'Xet. -2 Strength.
Celiss: 17. Bear's endurance.
Lazer: 15. Ceiling.
Ka'Xet: 10. DYING!!
Korian: 8. 20% miss chance. Raging!!!
* Ankle twisted, half-speed for 10 minutes!!!
Bua Gorg: 7.9. Protection from Good. Darrius, Celiss.
Darrius: 6.

DYING
Corin and Zan ... Tolin is stable.

DEAD
2 Bullywugs (1).

STABLE/ CAPTURED
Huntress Lorb-Lorb Tub, along with balcony faller (18).
1 Bullywug stabilized in #1 (24).
3 Bullywugs stabilized in #12 (-5, -16, -7).
1 Bullywug on grounds below Area #21, balcony (-7).

lostsole31
2012-05-13, 04:42 PM
R5T6: Though he fully expects a heavy blow to the chest, Darrius's armor holds true and at worst he is only thrown back a ever so slightly. He weighs his options...

Since the acid resistance ended after the battle with the huntress, Darrius figures there's no harm in giving a little reflux to Bua Gorg. His bright bracers diminish to a light glow even as the blue-green torc around his neck becomes ever brighter. Darrius rears up to spit, and that rearing is enough for the cleric to miss with the spear. The good simply looks down and belches acid on the bullywug's left foot for 16 acid damage. That's gonna leave a mark!
Why does acid resistance matter, anyway?

You did have 2 in bluesteel bracers, so that is what I used since the mantle didn't have any E in it. Also, since you now have 3E in spittle, it does 1d6 + Ed6 acid damage, or 4d6. I happened to roll a 6 on the last d6 you didn't roll.
End Round 5, Begin Round 6 ...

R6T23: Lavinia readies an attack against Drevoraz should he continue aggression. "Leave, murderer! Your mission is without merit and your captain recalled you. If you go now, we will not commit ourselves to your destruction. But I promise you, if our paths cross again, I pray to Fharlanghn that my travels in swordplay will have increased!"

R6T22: "Ha!" laughs Drevoraz. "I could kill you easily enough, little girl. But my mission is now without merit, so I will leave. if you feel sore about this later, though, feel free to hunt me down and you will find me waiting."

Drevoraz hustles out of the room, unmolested by Lavinia.

"Treachery!" calls out the wounded bullywug cleric after Drevoraz. "May Dagon reach from the depths and crush the ship you're in and drag you all into his murky abyss!!"

R6T17: And then there was one. Celiss, you are 10' from Bua Gorg, the last enemy combatant. What do you do?

I/S
Lavinia: 23. Holds Celiss' +1 rapier.
Celiss: 17. Bear's endurance.
Lazer: 15. Ceiling.
Ka'Xet: 10. DYING!!
Korian: 8. 20% miss chance. Raging!!!
* Ankle twisted, half-speed for 10 minutes!!!
Bua Gorg: 7.9. Protection from Good. Darrius, Celiss.
Darrius: 6.

DYING
Zan ... Tolin is stable.

DEAD
2 Bullywugs (1). Corin "Wanderfar" Denomar.

STABLE/ CAPTURED
Huntress Lorb-Lorb Tub, along with balcony faller (18).
1 Bullywug stabilized in #1 (24).
3 Bullywugs stabilized in #12 (-5, -16, -7).
1 Bullywug on grounds below Area #21, balcony (-7).

lostsole31
2012-05-14, 10:13 PM
R6T17: "You shouldn't worry about him. You are going to be the only one being dragged into Dagon's abyss today," Celiss says, triggering the arcane formula she had bound for her right arm - a set of the twins she had readied that morning. With a gesture not unlike snapping her fingers and a curt order of arcane syllables, she summons a pair of momentarily visible orbs of energy. With a sweeping gesture she launches both at Bua Gorg, each flying with unerring accuracy to strike their target for 7 force damage.

R6T15: Lazer casts stabilize on Zan Oldavin, though it is not known if he is too late or not.

R6T10: It is not known (by characters, mind you) if Ka'Xet lives, is dead, or is dying ...

R6T8: Korian howls and charges the cleric (even with his sprained ankle) to bull rush him, but the bullywug cleric manages to back with his spear held across his body. Not succeeding, however, at least Korian isn't singed by fire or electricity.

R6T7.9: Bua Gorg reacts to what he feels is a weaker target (considering how buff Darrius is) and attacks Korian with his spear. Even the electrified point, however, cannot get past the animan's mithral shirt.

R6T6: Darrius? What do you do? It seems that Bua Gorg is evenly matched with Korian for strength.

I/S
Lavinia: 23. Holds Celiss' +1 rapier.
Celiss: 17. Bear's endurance.
Lazer: 15. Ceiling.
Ka'Xet: 10. Stable!!!
Korian: 8. 20% miss chance.
* Ankle twisted, half-speed for 10 minutes!!!
Bua Gorg: 7.9. Protection from Good. Darrius, Celiss.
Darrius: 6.

DEAD
2 Bullywugs (1). Corin "Wanderfar" Denomar.

STABLE/ CAPTURED
Both Jade Ravens in the MBR.
Huntress Lorb-Lorb Tub, along with balcony faller (18).
1 Bullywug stabilized in #1 (24).
3 Bullywugs stabilized in #12 (-5, -16, -7).
1 Bullywug on grounds below Area #21, balcony (-7).

lostsole31
2012-05-16, 01:39 AM
R6T6: With Korian now in the theater of battle Darrius takes the opportunity to step back and repeat his previous assault, acid bile dripping from his lips at the very thought of putting the foul cleric down. It is a solid strike to the cleric's chest for 16 acid damage. The cleric is now very badly wounded.

End Round 6, Begin Round 7 ...

R7T23: Lavinia goes to aid Ka'Xet. "I don't know how he's doing, Doctor Cohen! I have no clue about this type of thing."

R7T17: Celiss, what do you do?

I/S
Lavinia: 23. Holds Celiss' +1 rapier.
Celiss: 17. Bear's endurance.
Lazer: 15. Ceiling.
Ka'Xet: 10. Stable!!!
Korian: 8. 20% miss chance.
* Ankle twisted, half-speed for 10 minutes!!!
Bua Gorg: 7.9. Protection from Good. Darrius, Celiss.
Darrius: 6.

DEAD
2 Bullywugs (1). Corin "Wanderfar" Denomar.

STABLE/ CAPTURED
Both Jade Ravens in the MBR.
Huntress Lorb-Lorb Tub, along with balcony faller (18).
1 Bullywug stabilized in #1 (24).
3 Bullywugs stabilized in #12 (-5, -16, -7).
1 Bullywug on grounds below Area #21, balcony (-7).

lostsole31
2012-05-16, 01:08 PM
R7T17: Repeating the incantation and gesture, Celiss feels a surge of arcane energy run through her left arm. The second of the twin formulae was now active and after a moment another two spheres of energy had formed. Extending her arm Celiss launches both at Bua Gorg which hits him for 8 force damage. This guy is a frickin' beast. If nothing else, he can take a hell of a pounding as he is still somehow standing after all of this.Okay, we find ourselves in familiar territory ... again. I updated the magic missile last post, and figured you must have used your other one in an earlier battle, and that the last post was your last one. Please let me update your expenditures and hps, as I do with Darrius' Essentia/ meld switches (especially since one switch for him can affect skills/ saves/ damage/ etc.).
R7T15: Lazer does a quick triage of Corin and says, "I don't know if I saved the other two, but Corin Wanderfar is dead."

Lazer speeds over to Ka's fallen form and lands.

R7T8: Korian swings his handaxe quickly enough for ice to form on it and he swings at the cleric, but the bullywug now has enough sense to try to defend and he dodges.

R7T7.9: The cleric now has some sense that he is in serious trouble. He takes out a wand with his off-hand and touches himself for 5 healing.

R7T6: Darrius, even that little bit of healing is too little too late as Bua is still in the red. What do you do?

I/S
Lavinia: 23. Holds Celiss' +1 rapier.
Celiss: 17. Bear's endurance.
Lazer: 15. Ceiling.
Ka'Xet: 10. Stable!!!
Korian: 8. 20% miss chance.
* Ankle twisted, half-speed for 10 minutes!!!
Bua Gorg: 7.9. Protection from Good. CLW wand in hand.
Darrius: 6.

DEAD
2 Bullywugs (1). Corin "Wanderfar" Denomar.

STABLE/ CAPTURED
Both Jade Ravens in the MBR.
Huntress Lorb-Lorb Tub, along with balcony faller (18).
1 Bullywug stabilized in #1 (24).
3 Bullywugs stabilized in #12 (-5, -16, -7).
1 Bullywug on grounds below Area #21, balcony (-7).

lostsole31
2012-05-17, 02:51 AM
R7T6: With caustic slime still dripping from his lips, Darrius offers Bua Gorg just one chance, "Relent now, and you may yet live. There has been enough bloodshed, and my good nature finds a nice dry cell someplace a far better home for you than the depths of hell."
"Immediately surrender" given the time it takes for a round, and it makes sense the enemy would need to assess his situation instead of immediate response (i.e., wait until initiative to give measured reaction, even though vocals are free ... rather than just knee-jerk).
End Round 7, Begin Round 8 ...

R8T23: Lavinia will try to help Lazer with Ka'Xet.

R8T17: Celiss, do you ready/delay to determine Bua Gorg's response to Darrius? What do you do?

I/S
Lavinia: 23. Holds Celiss' +1 rapier.
Celiss: 17. Bear's endurance.
Lazer: 15. Ceiling.
Ka'Xet: 10. Stable!!!
Korian: 8. 20% miss chance.
* Ankle twisted, half-speed for 10 minutes!!!
Bua Gorg: 7.9. Protection from Good. CLW wand in hand.
Darrius: 6.

DEAD
2 Bullywugs (1). Corin "Wanderfar" Denomar.

STABLE/ CAPTURED
Both Jade Ravens in the MBR.
Huntress Lorb-Lorb Tub, along with balcony faller (18).
1 Bullywug stabilized in #1 (24).
3 Bullywugs stabilized in #12 (-5, -16, -7).
1 Bullywug on grounds below Area #21, balcony (-7).

lostsole31
2012-06-06, 09:12 AM
R8T17: Celiss, her ranged attack options all used up, decides to wait as well, seeing if Bua would rather die or be imprisoned. Something in her gave her the urge to just keep attacking, to smash the filthy frog-thing into pulp without any chance for it to surrender. Celiss tenses her muscles, driving back the instinct to keep attacking.

R8T15: Lazer stabilizes and checks Ka'Xet. "Ka'Xet is still alive."

R7T8: Korian readies an attack as well ..

R7T7.9: Bua Gorg laughs and touches himself with the healing wand for 7 healing.

R7T6: Considering what Darrius originally intended, but the readied action trigger did not occur, Darrius now spits at the cleric's face, dropping him.

I/S
Lavinia: 23. Holds Celiss' +1 rapier.
Celiss: 17. Bear's endurance.
Lazer: 15. Ceiling.
Ka'Xet: 10. Stable!!!
Korian: 8. 20% miss chance.
* Ankle twisted, half-speed for 10 minutes!!!
Bua Gorg: 7.9. Protection from Good. CLW wand in hand.
Darrius: 6.

DEAD
2 Bullywugs (1). Corin "Wanderfar" Denomar.

STABLE/ CAPTURED
Both Jade Ravens in the MBR.
Huntress Lorb-Lorb Tub, along with balcony faller (18).
1 Bullywug stabilized in #1 (24).
3 Bullywugs stabilized in #12 (-5, -16, -7).
1 Bullywug on grounds below Area #21, balcony (-7).

lostsole31
2012-06-17, 04:14 AM
A quick discussion of tactics and group composition ...
Celiss: Majority of her magics are HTH-enhancing, though the ability to use charm person at will is stunning, and bullywugs tend to be dull-witted. Great defense, even before magic, and can shrug off minor weapon wounds without injury. Front-liner.

Darrius: Stealth is not the mission. Devastating ranged attack, especially if combined with dissolving spittle and sighting gloves. Decent second-liner. Moderate defense, but with brutal offensive-defense in right circumstances.

Ka'Xet: Ranged specialist with flexibility and decent second-liner. All-around good, but not incredible damage per strike.

Korian: Phenomenal dodging/ blocking skill with weapons, but tends towards light weapons. Good second-liner with moderate damage.

Eliezer: Aerial where possible. Party healer and needs to be protected.

Tolin Kientai: All-around warrior, but not like the PCs. Primarily two-weapon specialist, but not bad with bow. Considering his specialized "assassin" and senses, he is best as rear guard.

Zan Oldavin: Poor defenses. Not a warrior, but accounted a good swordsman and not a bad shot with the bow. Uses speed and wit with sword. Primarily trained as a classic half-elf dilettante and investigator. Some skill with enchantments.

Result: This is CQB, so in most cases, though there aren't many hallways, single file is the rule. Doorways are what guides this and then the group can fan out in rooms to secure.

OOB (Order of Battle/ Marching Order)
Celiss
Korian
Darrius
Lazer (team leader, calling movement)
Ka'Xet
Zan
Tolin
Second Floor has been secured.

Group goes down E main staircase to First Floor to the kitchen where you fought the huntress.

Moving north through the balcony and mini-hallway and into the Laundry. This white-paneled room is filled with basins and hampers. A large tub of water sits in the middle of the room, and numerous cords hung with clothespins lace the ceiling.

Into the Training Hall where several bullywugs lie. Through the double-doors to check the W room, the Laboratory. Alchemical and vivisection tools and all manner of glassware are scattered about on three or four tables in this windowless room. The fireplace is constructed with a brass grating fitted with slots to accommodate glass tubes for heating. It looks like this chamber hasn't been used in awhile, with dust collecting on things.

Celiss didn't even realize this was here, and it is likely that Lavinia's parents might've used this place (since they have the lab, but it has gone unused). Not that Celiss is an alchemist, but it is interesting. There are several glass jars with: the shrunken head of a simian humanoid; a bulbous green worm floating in alchemical preserve; a strange, one-eyed bat-like thing mounted on a board and whose body gives off an eerie soft blow; a piece of leathery stretched skin bearing a tattoo of an eye with an arrow over it. Celiss doesn't really have time right now to investigate anything .... maybe later.

Now the room on the E side just S of the double-doors from the Training Hall. The Family Shrine. A large stone disk carved with a road and crescent moon of Fharlanghn is set into the wall above a modest altar heaped with offerings of dried fruit and other strange objects.

The large area in the center includes the overlook into the foyer and the two grand staircases to the ground floor. Continuing to the two southern rooms are Guest Rooms, each a furnished chamber with two beds, a low desk, and a free standing dresser. These are the quarters of the Jade Ravens.

Down to the Ground Floor. First room N of the Antechamber is the Library. Row upon row of bookshelves filled to bursting with tomes on all manner of subjects line this room. A hearth sits against the N wall, embers glowing softly within. A reading table sits near the fireplace. This place is well known to the heroes. The most curious is a musty old diary written in a strange archaic language resting on the reading table, the initials "L. of G." burned into the cover. The diary's current page is marked with with a strange card of a flexible material with bumps and holes along its surface.

NW corner room is the Gallery. This dismal excuse for a gallery obviously once held dozens of works, but now most of the frames stand empty, save a few exotic landscapes and portraits of Lavinia's parents.

N-central room is the Trophy Hall. This exhibit hall displays many hunting trophies, all well-preserved by taxidermy. Great saber-toothed cats, a crouching deinonychus, a bloated toad the size of a pony, and a strange, badger-like creature with golden fur and eight legs round out the menagerie of more mundane leopards, wolves, and bears. The carpet in this room is terribly stained with mud, especially around a door in the NE corner of the room. It seems three bullywug hunters have taken a liking to the stuffed dire toad and are gathered around it while they guard the room.

R1T23: Darrius, though you would go first, you aren't quite aware of the enemy when the door is opened. Delaying ...

R1T21: Celiss, the nearest two bullywugs are 30' from you. You have no active spells currently. As their kin before, each has a varying number of wounds from previous battle. Considering your M.O. before, you have rapier and short sword in hand - one for HTH, one for magic, and your feet and such for unarmed. What do you do?

Darrius, once Celiss goes, you will recognize that enemies are in the room and it will be your turn ...

I/S
Darrius: 23. Delaying ...
Celiss: 21.
TGH1: 19. (23:26).
TGH2: 18. (22:26).
Tolin: 14.
Lazer: 13.9.
Korian: 10. 20% miss chance.
TGH3: 9.9. (18:26).
Ka'Xet: 9.
Zan: 7.

..........................................
DEAD
2 Bullywugs (1). Bua Gorg (XP figured).

STABLE/ CAPTURED
Both Jade Ravens in the MBR.
Huntress Lorb-Lorb Tub, along with balcony faller (18).
1 Bullywug stabilized in #1 (24).
3 Bullywugs stabilized in #12 (-5, -16, -7).
1 Bullywug on grounds below Area #21, balcony (-7).

lostsole31
2012-06-18, 09:38 PM
R1T21: Celiss moves forwards immediately, hoping to strike down one bullywug, or at least injure it enough that Darius can finish with his acid spit. Its reflexes are too late as her blade stabs into its right thigh for max (9) damage, but bullywugs are now well-known to the party as being able to take a hit or two. In the meantime, Celiss - a woman who has spent the better part of her life focusing on the use of her body as a weapon - finds more and more the possibilities in such a blade as the rapier.
Yup, +1 rapier. It was lent to Lavinia in the last battle, but she gave it back to you.
R1T20: Blue, blue-green, and various shades of each shift about on Darrius as he moves in and ducks forward-right to give room for the rest to enter and sets up his essentia. He sees the target Celiss wounded and backs it up for a nasty first shot to its right foot, sizzling it for 16 acid damage (10 + 6 SA), dropping unconscious from shock right away.

R1T18: "Blorp!" calls out a bullywug next to his fallen kinsmen as he swings his tomahawk at Celiss (who ducks).

R1T14: Tolin moves in and breaks off to the north wall, but targets the bullywug that's further off, hitting it through the right hand for 15 damage. That one shrieks in pain.

R1T13.9: Lazer moves in to the center of the room, so as to be ready for a healing emergency.

R1T10: Korian comes blowing through the door and tosses his pilum which goes over head of the hand-wounded one.

R1T9.9: The hand-wounded one breaks the arrow, and tosses its tomahawk at Korian, missing.

R1T9: Ka'Xet, you have plenty of room to move and get a PB (point-blank) bead on either of the standing bullywugs. One is very badly wounded (the hand one to the rear), the other not so much (standing by Celiss). What do you do?

I/S
Celiss: 21.
Darrius: 20.
TGH2: 18. (22:26).
Tolin: 14.
Lazer: 13.9.
Korian: 10. 20% miss chance.
TGH3: 9.9. (3:26).
Ka'Xet: 9.
Zan: 7.

STABLE
TGH1: 19. (-2:26).

..........................................
DEAD
2 Bullywugs (1). Bua Gorg (XP figured).

STABLE/ CAPTURED
Both Jade Ravens in the MBR.
Huntress Lorb-Lorb Tub, along with balcony faller (18).
1 Bullywug stabilized in #1 (24).
3 Bullywugs stabilized in #12 (-5, -16, -7).
1 Bullywug on grounds below Area #21, balcony (-7).

lostsole31
2012-06-21, 05:27 PM
R1T9: With equal accuracy and slightly better damage, just bringing out his composite bow might be the more tactical choice. But Ka'Xet is no mean warrior. His path takes dedication and focus, and he has the foresight to give up advantage now to bettering his mindblade in its many possible forms rather than constantly falling back on crude material weapons. Such is the admirable dedication of a soulknife.

Ka'Xet moves in 20' for assessment (10 feet-ish behind Celiss) and tosses his blade at the rear bullywug with the wrecked hand. His mindblade darts right into the poor creature's groin for 9 damage and it drops.

R1T7: Zan likewise moves in and fires at the remaining one, but his arrow goes wide in fear of hitting Celiss.

End Round 1, Begin Round 2 ...

R2T21: Celiss, you are toe-to-webbing with the last bullywug. What do you do?

I/S
Celiss: 21.
Darrius: 20.
TGH2: 18. (22:26).
Tolin: 14.
Lazer: 13.9.
Korian: 10. 20% miss chance.
TGH3: 9.9. (-6:26). DYING!!!
Ka'Xet: 9.
Zan: 7.

STABLE
TGH1: 19. (-2:26).

..........................................
DEAD
2 Bullywugs (1). Bua Gorg (XP figured).

STABLE/ CAPTURED
Both Jade Ravens in the MBR.
Huntress Lorb-Lorb Tub, along with balcony faller (18).
1 Bullywug stabilized in #1 (24).
3 Bullywugs stabilized in #12 (-5, -16, -7).
1 Bullywug on grounds below Area #21, balcony (-7).

lostsole31
2012-06-22, 05:39 PM
"Right in the yarbles!" calls Ka'Xet excitedly in a somewhat self-congratulatory manner.

R2T21: Celiss strikes again with her rapier, but not before demanding a surrender in every language she speaks that she thinks the creature might understand (if it doesn't seem to understand Common, that is). So she starts in Common, then Celestial, Draconic, Infernal, Abyssal, Dwarven, Elven, Goblin, Sylan, and Finally Undercommon.

As the bullywug stands there confused by the linguistic onslaught, he just manages to throw up his shield in time. Celiss' attempt to feint in combat failed. (Just kidding, but that would've been the RP had he been hit!) :smallwink:

R2T20: Darrius?

I/S
Celiss: 21.
Darrius: 20.
TGH2: 18. (22:26).
Tolin: 14.
Lazer: 13.9.
Korian: 10. 20% miss chance.
TGH3: 9.9. (-6:26). DYING!!!
Ka'Xet: 9.
Zan: 7.

STABLE
TGH1: 19. (-2:26).

..........................................
DEAD
2 Bullywugs (1). Bua Gorg (XP figured).

STABLE/ CAPTURED
Both Jade Ravens in the MBR.
Huntress Lorb-Lorb Tub, along with balcony faller (18).
1 Bullywug stabilized in #1 (24).
3 Bullywugs stabilized in #12 (-5, -16, -7).
1 Bullywug on grounds below Area #21, balcony (-7).

lostsole31
2012-06-26, 01:40 AM
I gave a little extra time. Tac must be having some tough time with work.

R2T20: Though Celiss is there, Darrius is confident in a good shot. Unfortunately, he just barely corrects in time so as not to fumble and hit the infernal wizard monk! :smalleek:

R2T18: The bullywug hisses with its tongue spraying at Celiss, obviously ready to fight to the death. He attacks her again with his tomahawk but is woefully outclassed with her parrying skill.

R2T14: Tolin begins to slice the pie, coming around at an angle to shoot the bullywug but misses badly to not hit Celiss.

R2T13.9: Lazer maintains his ready position to fly to friendly wounded.

R2T10: Korian surges forth, the mist around him disappearing as he begins to tap into his ability to sniff blood. He charges in like a wrecking ball, but the bullywug - if not strong - is hardy enough to brace with his shield to stop Korian.

R2T9: Ka'Xet, no doubt you MA to manifest mindblade? If so, toss with +4 attack, 1d6+4 damage. Otherwise, what do you do?

I/S
Celiss: 21.
Darrius: 20.
TGH2: 18. (22:26).
Tolin: 14.
Lazer: 13.9.
Korian: 10. 20% miss chance.
TGH3: 9.9. (-7:26). DYING!!!
Ka'Xet: 9.
Zan: 7.

STABLE
TGH1: 19. (-2:26).

..........................................
DEAD
2 Bullywugs (1). Bua Gorg (XP figured).

STABLE/ CAPTURED
Both Jade Ravens in the MBR.
Huntress Lorb-Lorb Tub, along with balcony faller (18).
1 Bullywug stabilized in #1 (24).
3 Bullywugs stabilized in #12 (-5, -16, -7).
1 Bullywug on grounds below Area #21, balcony (-7).

lostsole31
2012-06-28, 10:54 PM
R2T9: Ka'Xet sounds out another mindblade, just getting past the wild bullywug's thrashing and into its abdomen for 7 damage. He reforms his mindblade.

R2T7: Zan tosses his bow while coming around the other side of the bullywug from Celiss, drawing his rapier as he goes. It is a critical strike to the back of the thing's head for 13 damage. The enraged bullywug is barely standing.

End Round 2, Begin Round 3 ....

R2T21: Celiss, what do you do?

Darrius, you're on deck ...

I/S
Celiss: 21.
Darrius: 20.
TGH2: 18. (2:26).
Tolin: 14.
Lazer: 13.9.
Korian: 10. 20% miss chance.
TGH3: 9.9. (-7:26). DYING!!!
Ka'Xet: 9.
Zan: 7.

STABLE
TGH1: 19. (-2:26).

..........................................
DEAD
2 Bullywugs (1). Bua Gorg (XP figured).

STABLE/ CAPTURED
Both Jade Ravens in the MBR.
Huntress Lorb-Lorb Tub, along with balcony faller (18).
1 Bullywug stabilized in #1 (24).
3 Bullywugs stabilized in #12 (-5, -16, -7).
1 Bullywug on grounds below Area #21, balcony (-7).

lostsole31
2012-06-29, 09:13 AM
R2T21: Celiss, taking full advantage of Zan's presence on the other side of the creature, strikes at its heart. With her enemy's attention split, Celiss has the time to line up her strike more than she normally can, putting a great amount of force into the hopefully deadly thrust. She probably doesn't quite get its heart, but her rapier still sinks into its chest for 9 damage, enough for it to drop once she pulls her rapier out.

Combat Ends ...

Lazer stabilizes the fallen enemies, and checks to see if they're alive (they are). "They shall not escape life before they face justice."

Meanwhile, Tolin is able to retrieve one of his arrows as Zan gets his one, and Korian picks up his pilum.

The party is on the move again. On the NE of this room is a set of stairs going down, two small rooms, and a hidden armory. The first is a washroom, containing a large tub and a washbasin.

The next is a privy. Beyond three fine porcelain lavatories that empty into a series of pipes that likely drain into the nearby canal, there is nothing of interest in this room.

The hidden armory was unknown to the PCs (and Lazer/ Korian), but Tolin and Zan (as the House Guard, the Jade Ravens), knew of it. The walls of this stone-floored room are lined with weapon and armor racks, many of which are empty. Still remaining on the walls are a silvery bastard sword, a light crossbow, a glowing dagger, a suit of studded leather armor, a light shield, and a small wooden coffer. The wooden coffer lies on its side, the lid open and its contents (several potion vials and a pair of boots) strewn on the floor. Slumped on the ground nearby is what appears to be a recently slain dwarf.

"Kaskus!" shouts Tolin as he gets to the dwarf's side.

Doctor Cohen checks him. "He's still alive, but not by much."

He uses the bullywug cleric's healing wand on him for 3 healing, and another for 5 before the dwarf is barely conscious. Lazer attempts to use the wand again, but the enemy's wand is depleted. Lazer sensing that a lot will still be required to heal the dwarf, forgoes using the party wand and just prays to Moradin to give healing to his Moradinian brother for 11 healing, but at least he's now in the yellow. Then CMW for 19 healing, and Kaskus' wounds are very light.

Kaskus Hebel Kiel recounts how he managed to hide in this room after the other Jade Ravens were captured. Unfortunately, the wounded druid//duskmage didn't know about the magic missile trap that once warded the coffer of healing potions, and in his frenzied attempts to get to the contents he triggered the trap and might have died if it wasn't for the rabbi saving him. He frantically recounts the battle of the manor (including a tearful account of the death of his animal companion Brunthus at the hands of that damn half-orc). He readily agrees to join the rest in the task of reclaiming the manor.
Kaskus Hebel ("Breath") Kiel 4'6", 229 pounds. Brown eyes, gray hair, tan skin. Wears magical wooden armor and a magical wooden shield, but carries a dwarven waraxe of unexceptional make. He has a pair of goggles that are off his eyes and set at his forehead. The only spell he has left is longstrider, but he has a handful of druid orisons and several duskblade cantrips he can use.

I/S
Celiss: 21.
Darrius: 20.
Tolin: 14.
Lazer: 13.9.
Korian: 10. 20% miss chance.
Ka'Xet: 9.
Zan: 7.
..........................................
DEAD
2 Bullywugs (1). Bua Gorg (XP figured).

STABLE/ CAPTURED
Huntress Lorb-Lorb Tub, along with balcony faller (18).
1 Bullywug stabilized in #1 (24).
3 Bullywugs stabilized in #6 (-4, -7, -9).
3 Bullywugs stabilized in #12 (-5, -16, -7).
1 Bullywug on grounds below Area #21, balcony (-7).

lostsole31
2012-07-02, 04:57 PM
Soon enough, you find that the mud in here is brutal! Moving through each hex is as if through very difficult terrain (4 squares worth per every square moved).

Celiss gets around the corner, but the larger room of this basement squishes around the side so she'll have to go more into the open.

At the far end of the basement (as she turns to look south, about 30' from her position), there is a 7' tall, 300 pound bullywug on one of the very nice chairs that was upstairs (but it is all muddy now). He wears hide armor and a wooden crown with small gemstones, carries a finely crafted greatclub and laughs at a poor woman.

The woman is Liamae Teslikaria, the last member of the Jade Ravens.Bard// Sorcerer. 5'3" 105 lbs, incredibly beautiful human female. Brown eyes, orange-red hair.She wears nothing but a tattered, muddy bedsheet that currently has three spoons and one fork sewn into it.

Circling around her is a strange insectoid creature that Celiss has never seen.

Celiss and the crowned bullywug, ostensibly the chieftain, lock eyes.

Round 1 ...

R1T24: Already having heard trouble, Tolin moves to come around and a little past Celiss. He shoots at the creature threatening his teammate, but misses.

R1T22: Zan, quite speedy as well just squishes around the corner and shoots at the thing and also misses.

R1T20: Celiss, it is 20' to the creature and Liamae, and 10' past them to the bullywug chieftain. Every 5' of movement costs you 20' worth because of the thick, slippery, muddy ground. What do you do?

I/S
Tolin: 24.
Zan: 22.
Celiss: 20. Blur, 20% miss chance.
Chief Lorpth: 19.
Kaskus: 18.
Liamae: 17.
Ka'Xet: 17.
Lazer: 16.
Darrius: 13.
Korian: 11. 20% miss chance.

..........................................
DEAD
2 Bullywugs (1). Bua Gorg (XP figured).

STABLE/ CAPTURED
Huntress Lorb-Lorb Tub, along with balcony faller (18).
1 Bullywug stabilized in #1 (24).
3 Bullywugs stabilized in #6 (-4, -7, -9).
3 Bullywugs stabilized in #12 (-5, -16, -7).
1 Bullywug on grounds below Area #21, balcony (-7).

lostsole31
2012-07-03, 04:54 AM
R1T20: Celiss feels a sudden rush of emotion, something she could normally easily lock out when in battle. This time, its far stronger than her normal feelings, and Celiss assumes it must have something to do with the strengthening of her formerly latent fiendish blood. For a moment it feels like another surge of arcane energy is about to flow through her, but Celiss is able to wrestle it down. For a moment, she considers using one of her spells, but decides to engage the enemy immediately. For all she knows, they might try to finish off their captive if they didn't close at once.

Celiss charges, legs burning as she forces the mud on the floor out of her way before striking at the insect-creature with her rapier, regretting for a moment that she had already used her disabling hand-to-hand strikes earlier. But Celiss soon learns that the creature 20' away can only just be reached, and not with a charge .... but with a grueling, double-move action through very difficult terrain.You must have a clear path toward the opponent, and nothing can hinder your movement (such as difficult terrain or obstacles). A mixed blessing? On one hand, Celiss can't attack the thing. On the other, this thing seems more interested in Celiss now ... which might give Liamae some breathing room.

R1T19: The chief takes out a vial and drinks, and his body begins to glow in a manner Celiss recognizes as a shield of faith.

He says in his burbly, croaking voice, "I see two of the ones I thought my tribe killed or captured, so I am guessing that there is just me. I'm fine with that..."

R2T18: Kaskus double moves, and just barely clears the adjoining hall.

R2T17: Liamae, in desperation and emboldened by the heroes, casts a spell (defensively, charm person). "Chief Lorpth, end this. They are here, your tribesman and mate killed. Leave and return to your people in peace."

R2T16.9: Ka'Xet, it would take you a full MA just to get to a position to see/shoot the insectoid or the chief (both at PB range). Before you come around the corner (assuming you do), you heard Liamae's words, but didn't see that there was a spell behind it. Do you fire-and-forget, or do you wait for a reaction from the chief?

I/S
Tolin: 24.
Zan: 22.
Celiss: 20. Blur, 20% miss chance.
Chief Lorpth: 19. Shield of faith +2. CHARMED by Liamae!!!
Kaskus: 18.
Liamae: 17.
Ka'Xet: 16.9.
Lazer: 16.
Darrius: 13.
Korian: 11. 20% miss chance.

..........................................
DEAD
2 Bullywugs (1). Bua Gorg (XP figured).

STABLE/ CAPTURED
Huntress Lorb-Lorb Tub, along with balcony faller (18).
1 Bullywug stabilized in #1 (24).
3 Bullywugs stabilized in #6 (-4, -7, -9).
3 Bullywugs stabilized in #12 (-5, -16, -7).
1 Bullywug on grounds below Area #21, balcony (-7).

lostsole31
2012-07-05, 04:04 PM
R2T16.9: Ka'Xet calls on his high metabolism as a xeph and burns around the corner, slogging through the mud as his legs feel the dull ache of lactic acids building, and sees the chief 30' down. Losing no time, his arm whips out and sends his mindblade flying.

A split second beforehand, Lorpth began to relax and even nod slightly to the woman as if to --- OWWW! as the mindblade hits him in the chest for 5 damage and breaks the charm person Liamae had scored against him.

R2T16: Lazer flies around the corner fast and furiously, unhindered by the mud and flies to right above Liamae, casts CMW, and gives her 22 healing. She looks much better. Still wounded, but now in the green.

R2T13: Darrius, you just have enough movement to turn the corner and spit at the insectoid (20') or the chief (30'). What do you do?

I/S
Tolin: 24.
Zan: 22.
Celiss: 20. Blur, 20% miss chance.
Chief Lorpth: 19. Shield of faith +2. CHARMED by Liamae!!!
Kaskus: 18.
Liamae: 17.
Ka'Xet: 16.9.
Lazer: 16.
Darrius: 13.
Korian: 11. 20% miss chance.

..........................................
DEAD
2 Bullywugs (1). Bua Gorg (XP figured).

STABLE/ CAPTURED
Huntress Lorb-Lorb Tub, along with balcony faller (18).
1 Bullywug stabilized in #1 (24).
3 Bullywugs stabilized in #6 (-4, -7, -9).
3 Bullywugs stabilized in #12 (-5, -16, -7).
1 Bullywug on grounds below Area #21, balcony (-7).