PDA

View Full Version : Cleric/OC Progression

Athos the Lucid
2011-01-07, 02:01 AM
Hail nerds, geeks, and all sorts of deviants who, like myself, find great fun in math and roleplaying. It's a pleasure to be in your midst. I humbly ask for your help in a most urgent matter.

My group recently started a new campaign. ECL 10. My character is a combat oriented Cleric 5 / Ordained Champion 5, and what I'm looking for are suggestion on what class(es) should I take levels on next.

I will probably take 3 more levels of Cleric (to get 6th level spells) and then something with full BAB progression, but I also considered 10 levels of Warpriest (full BAB and half spellcasting progression) or something similar.

The choices are kinda limited (only core books, complete collection, and stuff like sword and fist or defenders of faith), but the DM may accept something else if it's not uber cheese.

Character stats are
STR 15
DEX 10
CON 16
INT 11
WIS 18
CHA 18

Feats so far are Extend Spell, Persistent Spell, Divine Metamagic, Spontaneous Healer and Extra Turning

Those are not necessarily definite, since we've only played one session and there was no combat involved. I can still change something to fit an interesting PrC.

So, allow me to drink from your suggestions.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for any lousy use of the english language on my part.

Tvtyrant
2011-01-07, 03:20 AM
First I am going to give you the advice you want, then I am going to give you the advice you need. Let the musical commence!

First order of business: Do you have Eberron available? If so take Bone Knight. Okay that is all you need.

If you do not have Eberron available I will point you to a Prc that is essentially what you are asking for: Prestige Paladin (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/prestigiousCharacterClasses.htm#prestigePaladin)
It gives you Full BaB, Half casting, Smiting, a mount, and it progresses your Cleric casting instead of the normal crappy Paladin casting.

Finally, what you need to hear: Full BaB is not worth losing even a single caster level for. At level ten you have access to Divine Power (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/divinePower.htm) which gives you full BaB with a single spell. Its also persistable, though that requires cheese. In fact, you are going to be weaker in melee without the caster levels for a while, due to getting Righteous Might (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/righteousMight.htm) later. And of course you will be much weaker overall. A straight Cleric is equal to a Druid or Wizard; it can kill an entire party of none casters of ECL. So please, be careful.

Greenish
2011-01-07, 11:49 AM
Hmm, there are a number of 9/10 casting, 10/10 BAB classes available for divine casters, but they seem to fall outside your allowed sources:

Fist of Raziel (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/iw/20031012a), BoED.
Knight of the Raven, Expedition to Castle Ravenloft.
Bone Knight, Five Nations.

Hmm, Sacred Fist is full BAB and 8/10 casting. It requires quite a few feats, but no actual monk levels. Many of the class features won't work in armour, but then again they're not very spectacular. Can't use weapons though.

Bang!
2011-01-07, 01:14 PM
Hospitaler from Defenders of the Faith. 10/10 cleric casting and BA.

EDIT: I looked at the details again. It's not as easy as I remembered. The feat and skill requirements are kind of steep, but you might be able to satisfy the feat portions with gear.
And you lose domains when you enter, so be sure to swap them out for bonus feats via Devotion feat mechanics (which you can trade in for at any time) and the Ordained Champion's feat-swap thing. Complete Champion has a spell you can use to swap back for your original domains (I don't remember its name). You should come out of the trade with a few extra feats, but only 2 domains.

Gullintanni
2011-01-07, 02:04 PM
Hospitaler from Defenders of the Faith. 10/10 cleric casting and BA.

EDIT: I looked at the details again. It's not as easy as I remembered. The feat and skill requirements are kind of steep, but you might be able to satisfy the feat portions with gear.
And you lose domains when you enter, so be sure to swap them out for bonus feats via Devotion feat mechanics (which you can trade in for at any time) and the Ordained Champion's feat-swap thing. Complete Champion has a spell you can use to swap back for your original domains (I don't remember its name). You should come out of the trade with a few extra feats, but only 2 domains.

The most recent version of Hospitaler in Complete Divine is 7/10 casting, sadly.