PDA

View Full Version : Adapting "And Madness Followed" to Eberron [3.5]

Beelzebub1111
2011-01-07, 12:07 PM
I'm adapting the Adventure "And Madness Followed" from dungeon 134 to Eberron. It mentions the Far Realm city of Carcosa as a focal point. Now, Since Eberron has no Far Realm, should it be in Xorat (Standard for converting Far Realms stuff), Dal Quor (because in lovecraft mythos Carcosa is on the dreamlands), or just have it be someplace out of time?

Oh and for the finale:
I'm having the final battle take place in wroat in audience of King Boranel. So when the thing from the lake shows up there can be an epic party team up with King Chuck Norris.

Forged Fury
2011-01-07, 04:16 PM
I'm adapting the Adventure "And Madness Followed" from dungeon 134 to Eberron. It mentions the Far Realm city of Carcosa as a focal point. Now, Since Eberron has no Far Realm, should it be in Xorat (Standard for converting Far Realms stuff), Dal Quor (because in lovecraft mythos Carcosa is on the dreamlands), or just have it be someplace out of time?

Oh and for the finale:
I'm having the final battle take place in wroat in audience of King Boranel. So when the thing from the lake shows up there can be an epic party team up with King Chuck Norris.
Not familiar with the adventure, but I would say maybe Xoriat with a permanent strong Dal Quor manifest zone (if outer planes can create manifest zones within each other).

The challenge is that both of those planes have groups actively preventing them from becoming coterminus with the Material plane. But if you're going high level, might as well go for it.

Beelzebub1111
2011-01-08, 09:30 AM
Not familiar with the adventure, but I would say maybe Xoriat with a permanent strong Dal Quor manifest zone (if outer planes can create manifest zones within each other).

The challenge is that both of those planes have groups actively preventing them from becoming coterminus with the Material plane. But if you're going high level, might as well go for it.
I don't think that you can have manifest zones on other planes. And It's not that I plan on explaining any of this to them. I'm just saying that if they are dumb enough to jump INTO the portal, then I should be ready for which plane they end up on. And in the unlikely even that if they fail to stop the performance, I don't know The King in Yellow would be a Powerful Quori Spirit, a Delkyr, or a Living God

Teron
2011-01-08, 12:10 PM
As I recall, everything in that adventure is textbook Xoriat. I don't see any reason to look to source material with a very different cosmology for complications when you have a perfectly good Realm of Madness.