PDA

View Full Version : Stacking Corpsecrafter feats

The Mentalist
2011-01-07, 01:01 PM
I was working on a story with necromancers and had a scene where one mage creates tougher than normal zombies but another one creates even tougher ones. I think these feats replicate that rather well. If anyone has any ideas for more or feedback please let me know.

Corpsecrafter
Prerequisites: -
Benefits: Any undead you animate gains +2 to Str and Dex as well as +2HP per HD
Special: You may take this feat multiple times, it's effects stack.

Nimble Bones
Prerequisites: Corpsecrafter
Benefits: Any undead you animate gains a +10ft to move speed and a +2 to Init

Tough Flesh
Benefits: Any undead you animate gains a +2 natural armor and +2 HP per HD

Massive Bulk
Benefits: Any undead you animate gains +4 HP per HD

Destructive Retribution
Benefits: Any undead you animate deals 1d6+1d6 per 2HD negative energy damage to a 5ft radius
Special: You may take this feat multiple times, each time the damage increases by 1d6 and the radius increases by 5ft

Unkillable
Benefits: Any undead you animate gains Fast Heal 1

Improved Resilience
Benefits: Any undead you create has it's DR increased by 3 or gains DR 2/-

Skillful Bodies
Benefits: Any undead you animate gains 10 skillpoints to be distributed as you choose, you may not add more than 4 ranks to any skill.
Special: You may take this feat multiple times, each time you gain 10 more skillpoints and the cap raises by 4

Remembered Skill
Benefits: Any undead you animate gains a bonus feat. It must meet all the pre-requisites for this feat.

Plated
Benefits: Any undead you animate gains a +2 armor bonus to it's AC

Weathered Flesh
Benefits: Any undead you animate gains Fire and Cold resistance 10

Godless
Benefits: Any undead you animate gains a +2 to it's turn resistance

Hopefully they're not too unbalanced. I cut about half of my ideas for them because they were too abusable

Antonok
2011-01-07, 01:20 PM
For fear of pointing out the obvious and looking stupid, all I'll do is refer you to the Libris Mortis feats and undead varients. Most of which covers what you want.

Edit: I will say that a couple of these are better then what you'd get from the original feats, but I don't think Necros need more stuff to power up thier undead after seeing some of the things one of my group has done with his undead. *shudder*

The Mentalist
2011-01-07, 01:27 PM
I know about the feats in Libris Mortis, use them quite regularly. These are just here to present degrees of power.

DracoDei
2011-01-07, 02:05 PM
For previous thoughts on similiar subjects, you might try THIS (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/printthread.php?t=59582&pp=40) (always good to try to learn from other people's experiences).

Antonok
2011-01-07, 02:05 PM
Ah. kinda figured but wasn't sure.

In any case, one thing:

Skillful Bodies
Benefits: Any undead you animate gains 10 skillpoints to be distributed as you choose, you may not add more than 4 ranks to any skill.
Special: You may take this feat multiple times, each time you gain 10 more skillpoints and the cap raises by 4

I'm going to get chewed out the next time my necro friend sees me but, I just can't see mindless undead using complex skills like forgery or use magic device. As utterly epic as it would be to have an army of 1HD skellys churning out forged bank notes...

The Mentalist
2011-01-07, 02:07 PM
For previous thoughts on similiar subjects, you might try THIS (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/printthread.php?t=59582&pp=40) (always good to try to learn from other people's experiences).

I've studied this one quite often actually. I think it's a better overall system than mine. I just like presenting options.

Ah. kinda figured but wasn't sure.

I'm going to get chewed out the next time my necro friend sees me but, I just can't see mindless undead using complex skills like forgery or use magic device. As utterly epic as it would be to have an army of 1HD skellys churning out forged bank notes...

Think of it like a robot for a moment, it can't think for itself but if you program it what to do it can do it. We have robots manufacturing all sorts of things.

Antonok
2011-01-07, 02:49 PM
Think of it like a robot for a moment, it can't think for itself but if you program it what to do it can do it. We have robots manufacturing all sorts of things.

I deeply apoligize, but curiosity got the better of me on this one. Taking optimazation into account, and I hope I'm wrong on this:

A human Dr. Necro with 2 flaws at lvl 6 (so 6 feats total) taking corpsecrafter and then Skillful Bodies 5 times and maxing out ranks in forgery (taking 10 would give them an auto 30 on the check)

Assuming I'm correct (I don't play necros very much so I could be wrong), a 6th lvl Dr. Necro can control up to 24HD of undead normally, so thats 24 1HD skellys making 24 500gp bank notes.

Now, assuming it takes 1 hour to make a bank note (PH says it only takes 1d4mins per page but for the sake of math I'm saying an hour), thats 576(24x24) bank notes a day. That comes to 4032(576x7) notes a week.

So now we have 4032 notes worth 500gp each. 4032x500= 2,016,000gp per week.

This is all theorectical and subject to houserule/DMs grace/etc, but I after I added it all up I just had to post the results.

Edit: I'll shut up now. been breaking too many things today...

The Mentalist
2011-01-07, 03:05 PM
Very good optimization

Well... yes. Banknotes would give you a freakish amount of money if you could forge them well and find somewhere to cash them all. As a DM it would be your job to break this incredibly dangerous forgery ring. You could do the same thing with a single forger a little more slowly. A less risky way to make money would be through the use of the Craft or Proffession skills, or when your skills are higher Perform (9d6 gold each a day? YES PLEASE!)

So yes, Forgery with unlimited bank notes is dangerous, but any banking house has counterforgers and a limited capital.