PDA

View Full Version : Thieves in Reptansh [IC]

Marxism
2011-01-07, 05:22 PM
The guildmaster has called you. You are some of his best thieves, con men and strong men. You have been called because there have been a few problems that need to be taken care of. Recently the mages guild picked up the pace on a few of their projects most of them involving the destruction of the thieves guild. Your guild master now adresses you from across the table in the guilds inn. around you the tavern teems with life as Illegal deals are made under tables and stories of crime are told.
"The mages guild has been making a lot of bold moves they have begun offering insurance to the local merchants, attacking our more known thieves and burning down one of our warehouses. I suspect that this new courage comes from their recent procurement of a few things. More specifically I believe that they have the tomes of Arathe these contain secrets of magic that would be quite useful to them and quite damming to us. I do not know that for sure however whatever the item they have is it is being kept in their Library in the west part of the city. If you have any more questions please ask me now. I want you to steal whatever it is. If you happen to find anything else there then it is yours to keep.

Thrice Dead Cat
2011-01-07, 10:09 PM
OOC
I did a quick scan and didn't find the OOC thread, so a link would help. Thank you in advance.:smallredface:

Aislin will speak in.

"The library is probably massive, considering those bookworms. Short of detecting magic, do we have any idea where it may be? I'm all for doing a torch-and-grab, but they may catch onto us if we can't find it." Aislin stops for a minute to think before speaking again, "And if they just found these things, chances are they've probably got some extra hired help on hand, too."

RaggedAngel
2011-01-08, 12:47 AM
OOC:I could not find the OOC either, unfortunately. Malias will speak in Dark Grey.
Malias reclines in his chair, casually scanning the room around them, his thumb playing with the pommel of his rapier. "I can scan for magic; however, it would be inefficient, and in a wizard's library there are many moderately magical tomes and scrolls. No, it would be better to isolate someone that would know where this object is being kept. I'm sure at least one of us-" He glances at his peers with a smirk, "could get a bit of information out of a cornered individual. The question is, where do we start?"

Duskranger
2011-01-08, 04:17 AM
OOC:
I have claimed the color Sienna/Brown in the OOC-thread, but will claim it here too

The small gnome that was silent and thoughtfull before Malias said something looked up and smiled to him. It was not a friendly smile.
Where all this actions start. We need to start trust each other, know where our strengths lie and off course start planning to capture a mage. I can say for myself that entering a building from a mage ain't that hard. I've done it as our guildmaster can reply. The main question is, which mage, do we go low and hope they know, or do we get an high mage which certainly knows. And do we have somewhere to call our stronghold. Since my master died I live everywhere and I would enjoy a place to stay even though it would never be like his mansion. Alth says while looking at the others at the tabel.

THEChanger
2011-01-08, 09:56 PM
"Well, we can always work out of my shop." John caught the flask of Doctor's Trick he had been tossing while listening to the Guildmaster. "It's not the biggest place, but I'm sure I can make room for you three. And it has the benefit of being a good place to bring folks back for inquiries into the nature of this item." Putting his plaything back into his pack, John stood up from his chair. "Now, if you gentlemen would excuse me, I have a rather wealthy appointment soon. Perhaps if you would all come by my shop, say, around sun-down, we can discuss our plan of attack in further detail? Smashing. I shall see you then." Thus saying, John skipped out the door, and began to sing on his way to his shop. Pour your brother one more round, pick each other off the ground, let another chorus soooooooound!
Pour your brother one more round.

Doctor Keoni's Cures and Spiritual Advice. That's what the sign hanging outside the shop read. But Keoni offered so much more to his customers. Turning around to face his customer, Keoni smiled his brightest smile. "So, Miz Freemon, you be wantin dis here potion. I must warn ya, da love potions da spirits have shown me how ta make are very potent. VERY potent. It'll make your husband adore ya again, yea. But maybe dat's not what ya really want..." Mrs. Freemon shook her head. She was an older woman, not unattractive, but her best years had past. And her husband had noticed. "No. I want my husband to pay attention to only me again. If your potion will do that, then I will pay any price." "All right, Miz Freemon. If ya really tink dat's what ya want, I'd be more den happy ta provide. Dat'll be fifty gold sovereigns."

RaggedAngel
2011-01-09, 12:50 AM
Malias nods as the man leaves. "Well then, if there's nothing else of importance, I'll see you all at his place, sundown. I look forward to working with you." He stands, places a few gold on the table for his drink, which remains untouched, and leaves.

Thrice Dead Cat
2011-01-09, 02:18 AM
"See the rest of you at sundown then. Here's to a successful mission!" Aislin raises his glass in toast, spilling more than a little ale in the process as his hand shakes beyond his control. As his teammates break off he leaves with the mug, leaving some extra coin for the mug as he sneaks out one of the less occupied doorways.

Although he didn't show it, he couldn't help but feel somewhat uneasy about this venture, as if an alarm was going off in the back of his mind, but he found himself unable to place it. Instead, he simply decided to head back to his room, gathering the various tools necessary for the usual heist: thieves' tools, chalk for various markings in the field, bells and ropes for impromptu alarms, and his modified nobleman's vestments in which to hide everything.

Duskranger
2011-01-10, 11:20 AM
Alth smiles at the Guildmaster and picks up the gold pieces virtually unseen from the table letting one stay there.

Sorry chief, but what of our guild let money lay here open for the naked eye and the swift hand to take. Now we need to find the thief too. Well, I'm outta here, I hope your travels will be good and swift.

Alth walks out the door, unseen pocketing the coins and shaking his head.

Shortly after that he is climbin on the wall of the shop they should meeting, he puts his head over his head and thinks about taking a short nap, his sword lays at the ready his ears are focused on anything that could make a sound. That way he rests untill the sun goes down, all the while still noticing the customers coming in and off course out of the shop.

Thrice Dead Cat
2011-01-10, 11:08 PM
As the day dwindled, Aislin meandered over to the Doctor's shop, still wearing his noble attire. Occasionally, he'd use it to find unaffiliated thieves within the city and try to persuade them to join the guild in his spare time, but he had to admit it served well for a quick disguise from time to time.

"Hmm, Doctor Keoni's Cures and Spiritual Advice. Hmph, good to see the Doctor's still in business, musing to himself as he enters the shop, unawares of his comrade nearby. Ah, Doctor Keoni, I presume, I hope to keep our dealings under the table, so to speak, says none too subtly to his old friend with a wink.

RaggedAngel
2011-01-11, 12:31 AM
Malias strolls up to his peers and accomplices. "Hello there, doctor. Whipped anything up special today with that mumbo-jumbo you call magic?" Malias winks, his voice playful. "You must be almost as happy about stealing from this wizard as I am, aren't you, Keoni? Hm. Do you think we'll be able to take his spellbooks while we're there? I could always use a few more spells, and they go for a good price." He nods to Aslin with a hint of a smirk. "Don't you look... nice. I take it your day has been good as well." He looks around at the dwindling daylight. "And where is everyone else?"

Duskranger
2011-01-11, 12:40 AM
Finally you are here.Alth says while dropping from the ceiling.
I was getting bored a whole day doing nothing. Anyways thanks for giving us the use of your store.He ends his talk with a nod.

Thrice Dead Cat
2011-01-11, 02:03 AM
"Well, for all the sneaking and subterfuge I do for the guild you'd be surprised at how easy it is to find with the most gaudy of wears, Malachi," Aislin says with a chuckle, dropping the paper-thin disguise. "And besides, people tend not to question why you're walking oddly when you've got a gem-encrusted robe on. Between my component pouches, tools, and whatever it is I happen to be stealing at the time, having something as large as this to hide it all in is invaluable!" he finishes, as he begins to disrobe and take a seat.

"There should be one-" the ignoble nobleman stops and turns back at the sound of a small chime moves with the door. "Ah, been on guard duty for the good doctor, have you Alth? Better lock the door while you're still there before we get started. As the group finally gets together, Aislin pulls smalls little cases out of one of the many interior pockets of his robe, placing down fresh parchment on the table.

"Shall we begin, gents?" Aislin says - more as a statement than an actual question - with a smirk.

RaggedAngel
2011-01-11, 08:09 AM
Malias laughs. "Don't worry, Aislin, secretly I'm just jealous of your robe." He casually sits down on a chair, gazing around at the various tools of Keoni's trade. "Beginning sounds like an excellent idea."

Duskranger
2011-01-11, 11:19 AM
Alth does not even look backwards while locking the door. Than he walks towards the table.
Guarding, nah, taking my beautysleep, I mean I can't rob a mage, burn a building or con anyone looking like a buvket of filth now can I. But it seems to me starting is a good idea. What's the plan, like I said, do we go high, or do we go low? And Aislin how many of these robes do you have? I mean everytime we see each other it seems you were a different one.

THEChanger
2011-01-11, 09:51 PM
Keoni flipped his open sign to closed, and shuttered the windows. Removing his mask, John smiled at his compatriots and motioned for them to sit around his table. Aye, gentlemen, it is a pleasure to have you here. Can I get you anything to drink? Some brandy, perhaps, before we get down to business? My treat. Reaching into a cabinent in the back of his shop, John pulled out a bottle of brandy and a few glasses. Sitting down and pouring himself a glass, John set to thinking. Well, before we go sneak in, it may be worth it to get some more information on the place. What kind of defenses we'll be up against, where we might look for this item, and indeed, what the item in question is. I would suggest we find a person who might know what we need to know, a guard or some such, and bring him back here to ask him some questions. What say you?

Duskranger
2011-01-11, 11:54 PM
I like the plan up to the guard part. How much I do want to make the guards suffer I do think we better can get us a mage. Tie him up, put something in his mouth and he can't cast. As far as I understand mmagic that is. I think that would give us a better chance to find what we are looking for. We need a blindfold and you Keoni should not be associated with us. You have a legal position as one with us and that's better than becoming a haunted criminal. Alth says while ignoring the brandy.
The real breaking in part will be tougher than the kidnap a mage part. But I think we can do it. If it's in a tower we will see if it has windows and I will climb up, if it's in a cellar well even than there are availabilities.

RaggedAngel
2011-01-11, 11:55 PM
Malias grins. "You may be able to persuade me to have a drink. And as for the guards... magical persuasion is a personal specialty. I currently have a Suggestion spell, a Lesser Geas, and a Charm Person prepared, but we needn't rush." The elf leans back, musing. "Hm. We could, of course, always resort to simple torture; I mean, ah, forceful diplomacy. However, if we can locate someone that would have information on the target local I should be able to grab them silently and invisibly. I would want someone for back up, of course, but it wouldn't require all of our attentions, so the rest of you could pursue other avenues of intelligence." He gazes at the others, letting his words sink in. "Any questions?"

Thrice Dead Cat
2011-01-12, 05:13 PM
"Thanks for the drink, doc." Aislin takes a quick shot, pausing a moment to focus. "Phew, well I could do a quick run through the place to see if I can find anything unusual."

"Grabbing a guard should be fairly easy. Teleportation has always been a specialty of mine. As long as you can grab him after I bring him t you, we should be good. And, if we're lucky, we'll get one of the disgruntled ones, too. After that, we can work our way up to the mages, if we're unlucky."

Duskranger
2011-01-13, 11:59 AM
Can someone make a person forget he ever saw one of us. I mean if we kill him it would be suspicious, if we don't he will probably know we are searching something and especially what. So those options are out. When we know the location we will go, steal and I will try to torch the place as far as I can. So you can escape. I will take care of myself. Done it before so can do it certainly than. Alth says while looking disapprovingly to his drinking collegeaus.

RaggedAngel
2011-01-13, 05:17 PM
Malias smirks. "Unless we are foolish and apprehend someone with exceptional willpower, I can use a Suggestion spell to accomplish that task. Or, failing that, simply use Lesser Geas to force him to keep silent. That particular spell is a favorite; if they don't work on the "quest", which in this case would be something along the lines of "Help me and my colleagues avoid any suspicion," they are weakened, physically and mentally. It should do."

Duskranger
2011-01-14, 04:18 PM
Please don't forget we have to do with mages. They can probably and will examine and find the cause of such behavior. If the behavior is erratic. So I agree we maybe need to use magic, though I don't like it, swordwork is more my part, though how are we going to do it. Who will go with you while the others prepare the room he should be putted in. What way will he be treated. And most important can we make him steal the stuff for us? Alth says while looking schemingly

RaggedAngel
2011-01-14, 04:46 PM
Malias pauses and thinks for a moment. "Well, poorly phrased as your suggestion may be, I understand that the idea of simply forcing an underling to steal the object in question is nice; however, haveing tried such an approach before, I have found it to be ineffective. We were chosen as theives because we excel at the task; an unwilling weakling under the effects of a Geas would almost certainly fail, and be inspected, by wizards no less, of magical influence. No, we can use him for information, but not to bypass the actual theft."

Thrice Dead Cat
2011-01-14, 06:33 PM
"Well, then, I say we get a move on it. I can scout out a bit ahead and grab our mark, teleport him to us and then go to interrogate him. If we're lucky, we'll get a regular who's none to happy with them rather than a loyalist or some hired hand. I'll have to put the 'costume' back on and one of you may have to be a guard in the case something goes wrong, but that's a worst case scenario." Aislin says as he begins to pack up, double-checking all of his gear.

"Doctor, you've got a quick tongue on you, and I would be honored to have you as my personal guard for the evening," Aislin quickly breaks composure and lets out a smirk and lets out a noticeable laugh. "Aaaah, still can't quite keep up that act... So, unless there's anything else we need to discuss, I say we get down to business!"

OoC
Plan is to take 20 on disguise of a nobleman for a total of 21. If we're going to take any extra time, Aislin will be more than happy to aid another the rest of group on things like disguise and the like.