PDA

View Full Version : So, I'm looking for a template... (3.5)

The-Mage-King
2011-01-07, 11:46 PM
Specifically, I'm wondering if there's a low LA template that grants either Blind-Fight or Dodge as a bonus feat. Because I need both for a character build I'm working on.

woodenbandman
2011-01-07, 11:54 PM
You could also look for a template that gives any other feat you're interested in for free...

what exactly is the build you're working on?

The-Mage-King
2011-01-08, 12:00 AM
You could also look for a template that gives any other feat you're interested in for free...

what exactly is the build you're working on?

Its a complicated thing, that involves homebrew. The basics are that I'm making a Warblade/Unarmed Swordsage who'll go into Master of Nine after he finishes his leveling in a homebrew PrC focusing on Iaijutsu.

So far I have Adaptive Style, Imp. Initiative, and Unarmed Swordsage for the Imp. Unarmed Strike Prereque.

I'm not sure if I can use bloodlines, though an intermediate Djinn bloodline would help with feats.

So, any official 3.5 templates that give any of those mentioned feats for a low LA?

Urpriest
2011-01-08, 12:04 AM
There are Lycanthropes that would do it, as I believe you get the animal's bonus feats. Find something low-LA with Dodge/Blind-Fight as a bonus feat. I think there's at least one...AFB at the moment though.

true_shinken
2011-01-08, 12:12 AM
Licanthrope would be very hard to use, since you get animal hit dice and whatnot.
Maybe shadow walker from Unaproachable East?
EDIT: No, shadow walker doesn't work. You could sell your soul in a faustian pact...

The-Mage-King
2011-01-08, 12:15 AM
Checked the 'thropes, but no luck there.

Though it did give me an idea for a were-porpoise....

Shadow walker is a bust, too- it only gives SLAs and light blindness, with no bonus feats.

Hmm...

Smeggedoff
2011-01-08, 01:51 AM
*Sigh* this is probably bordering on heresy but...

If you're willing to take the level hit, why not just take a dip in fighter? The bonus feat will cover either Blind-Fight OR dodge.

O'course this only works if you're planning on keeping your Warblade/UASS at a similar level so multiclass penalties don't apply... or of your GM's ignoring multiclass penalties.

...I'll shut up now

The-Mage-King
2011-01-08, 08:49 AM
*Sigh* this is probably bordering on heresy but...

If you're willing to take the level hit, why not just take a dip in fighter? The bonus feat will cover either Blind-Fight OR dodge.

O'course this only works if you're planning on keeping your Warblade/UASS at a similar level so multiclass penalties don't apply... or of your GM's ignoring multiclass penalties.

...I'll shut up now

I was considering that, tbh. Unfortunately, that's going to give me a small hit to IL, something I kinda need to keep high, so...

Necroticplague
2011-01-08, 08:59 AM
A vampire gains dodge, plus a few others. and then your undead, which means you qualify for the drowned one template, which grants blind-fight.

The-Mage-King
2011-01-08, 09:04 AM
A vampire gains dodge, plus a few others. and then your undead, which means you qualify for the drowned one template, which grants blind-fight.

Far too much LA from vampire. Also, it goes against my Code to play one of those.

Oh, and the concept calls for a living character, too.

So, vampire is out.

true_shinken
2011-01-08, 09:23 AM
How about half-vampire?

Necroticplague
2011-01-08, 09:36 AM
How about half-vampire?

It doesn't give either of the feats he rquested, and it does not change your type so you can qualify for other templates that do.