PDA

View Full Version : You probably dont remember me and you shouldnt but i need to thank you!

Jae
2011-01-08, 04:57 AM
This is weird I know but I need to thank GITP for the best thing in my life right now..even if it did nothing more but bring us slightly closer together.

Let me explain.

One day I was fifteen and I liked a boy very much, this boy very much liked GITP. Once upon a time he mentioned it to me and even though Ive never read the comics and did not know much about the website or most of the things discussed, I joined the forum anyways because I liked the boy! Anyways, I ended up meeting helpful people who I enjoyed talking to and I fit in quite nicely even though I really shouldnt have fit in at all and for the year or so that I did frequent the forum it ended up being quite a rough year with the boy.

Now, I am a very stubborn person and Im not sure I would have ever given up the chase for that dumbdumb boy who did not like me more than a friend, but through the ups and downs I got a lot of support! And honestly, the days he wasnt talking to me I still knew how he was from on here and words cannot explain how much that helps.

And no matter how long nor frustrating the wait, one day the boy became smart and he loved me! And I love him! And we have been loving eachother for nearly two years now though its probably been about three or four since I first came on here because of him.

Anyways, once I got the boy I never really came back here =[ and I feel guilty and feel like I might regret not thanking the truly nice people who may or may not have played a part in us one day being together.

THANK YOU thank you THANK YOU thank you. =]]] And "sorry" from the adult for the fifteen year old girl who did not keep ties on here. She had not grown up yet ;]

Serpentine
2011-01-08, 04:58 AM
Ohai, I do believe I do remember you. Who was the boy?

Jae
2011-01-08, 05:15 AM
coolgaelbert/gaelbert his name is cal idk if he wants me to say that but WHATEVER he doesnt come here that often anymore anyhow

You might not recognize his name but you would prob recognize his face from pictures because i loved to post pictures!

Serpentine
2011-01-08, 05:27 AM
Oh yeah. Whatever happened to that kid...?
Hooked up with Jae, apparently :smallamused:

Adumbration
2011-01-08, 07:03 AM
That's so cute. ^_^

Dallas-Dakota
2011-01-08, 08:28 AM
D'awwww, and I most certainly remember you, Jae!
Good to see you again, and yeah, sometimes life/lack of concentration span drags people away from the forums, and that's understandable, so no worries.

And Gaelbert, distantly, vaguely rings a bell. Good to see you're happy toghetter.:smallsmile:

Mauve Shirt
2011-01-08, 08:37 AM
Aw, that's cute. :smallbiggrin: I remember both you and gaelbert!

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-01-08, 12:06 PM
I remember you! And I remember Gael too, so nyeh!

And we're all happy for you! It warms our hearts to hear sappy stories such as this, it really does. GitP is part of what is RIGHT witht he world. :smalltongue:

CarpeGuitarrem
2011-01-08, 12:10 PM
I didn't know either of you, but that's an awesome story. :smallsmile:

Ego Slayer
2011-01-08, 01:25 PM
*squee* Jae! *hug* That's really awesome and I'm happy for you two. ^^;

Perenelle
2011-01-08, 02:24 PM
D'aawss!! :smallbiggrin: 'tis so adorable, I'm really happy for you.

And I do believe I remembered seeing you around a few times. :smallsmile:

Sholos
2011-01-08, 02:27 PM
Hey, no one gets to steal my schtick as "That guy who no one will remember"!

In all seriousness, though, congrats on your relationship.

Moff Chumley
2011-01-08, 02:30 PM
*steps in the 'I remember you and Gael line'*

Ohai. :smallsmile:

Em Blackleaf
2011-01-08, 02:47 PM
Oh, hi! I remember you and him! I was wondering where you had gone. :smallbiggrin:

That's a lovely story. :smallsmile: The Playground does make that kind of thing happen. This was probably the best place to go for liking that boy. :smalltongue:

KenderWizard
2011-01-08, 06:47 PM
I don't remember you because I'm too recent, but your story is very sweet and I'm happy for you! :smallsmile:

Coidzor
2011-01-08, 07:01 PM
Hey, you're alive! :smallbiggrin:

And congratulations!

MoonCat
2011-01-08, 07:05 PM
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I''m really new, and don't know you, but that's adorable!

Jae
2011-01-08, 07:15 PM
lol this answer is taking me much longer to type out because there are rats on my keyboard and shoulders and hair and under my covers :smalltongue:

Aww i feel worse that so many people remember me =[[[ But at least I remember most of you back!!

I think cal comes on here every now and again because I saw a post about black swan from him which we just saw like last week...but to update a little he is attending university in a very liberal city which he loves. He is 2 hours away from me (well not right now because winter break but generally) which I dont love but I see him every other weekend so its not so bad. He is working in the dining commons of his college. He is great!

I am going to community college in our home town I just switched jobs from the manager at a gym to a waitress at BJs so that I may work less hours and make more money. I just bought my own condo even though I really want to live at home for investment reasons. I am living here alone =[ only with my rats.

And that is how we are =] id love to hear how you are!

CynicalAvocado
2011-01-08, 07:31 PM
lol this answer is taking me much longer to type out because there are rats on my keyboard and shoulders and hair and under my covers :smalltongue:

that doensn't sound like a very sanitary living condition....

anywho i don't really know you, but congrats:smallbiggrin:

CoffeeIncluded
2011-01-08, 07:40 PM
I haven't been here as long, but that's truly wonderful to hear.

Coidzor
2011-01-08, 07:45 PM

It's mostly just really tickly if you're ticklish.

Oh, and now I'm curious as to what your thoughts on this subject (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10032339&postcount=35) are now...

Jae
2011-01-09, 05:03 AM

It is because mommy makes sure they and their cage is very clean so that they can spend time with mommy without getting her smelly before work.

It's mostly just really tickly if you're ticklish.

And slightly painful because they try and bite my toes every once awhile because its dark and theyre just babies they are learning toes are not food!

Oh, and now I'm curious as to what your thoughts on this subject are now...
OMFG!
im so glad you asked because the other week my beloved boyfriend brought up my little pony and how many men 18-35 watch it and I was not a happy camper at all because my boyfriend is very weird and i love that about him but MY LITTLE PONY?! FREALZ?! do i literally need to deal with every weird thing a boyfriend could possibly like?!?

well, evidently yes. lol. i hate my little pony with a burning passion

Klose_the_Sith
2011-01-09, 06:30 AM
Hah, I remember you. Do I get points? :smalltongue:

Castaras
2011-01-09, 06:33 AM
Yay, I remember both of you! Congratulations! :smallbiggrin:

CynicalAvocado
2011-01-09, 09:24 AM
It is because mommy makes sure they and their cage is very clean so that they can spend time with mommy without getting her smelly before work.

oh pet rats.:smalltongue:

i was thinking not pet rats

DraPrime
2011-01-09, 09:29 AM
I remember the both of you! Congratulations to you two. Come back some time, alright? :smallbiggrin:

Diva De
2011-01-10, 10:37 AM
I remember you guys. And I'm feeling all fuzzy now. Congrats, and best wishes.

Haruki-kun
2011-01-10, 10:45 AM
Congratulations!

And of course I remember you two! :smalltongue:

WalkingTarget
2011-01-10, 11:00 AM
And honestly, the days he wasnt talking to me I still knew how he was from on here and words cannot explain how much that helps.

Cyberstalking, is there anything it can't do? :smalltongue:

Seriously, though. I remember you both as well and it's awesome that things have worked out for you. The long distance relationship thing can suck, but it sounds like you guys are handling it well. :smallsmile:

Killer Angel
2011-01-10, 11:10 AM
coolgaelbert/gaelbert his name is cal idk if he wants me to say that but WHATEVER he doesnt come here that often anymore anyhow

What a coincidence (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182857)... :smalltongue:

(edit: I'm happy for you. :smallsmile:)

Hell Puppi
2011-01-10, 01:21 PM
I remember both of you.

And yeah, these guys are pretty cool. Helped me through some rough times as well. :smallbiggrin:

ghost_warlock
2011-01-10, 10:22 PM
For what it's worth, I remember you Jae. Congrats on the relationship; that much patience and determination are qualities to be prized. :smallsmile:

Demon 997
2011-01-11, 01:10 AM
Let me just say you gave me something of a shock because you have the same name as my ex. I had a moment of panic/confusion before I realized the dates and events didn't match up to my situation. Scared me for second there. Then it was kinda funny.

EDIT: wanted to add my congratulations to you guys. You should stick around, its a great place.

Trog
2011-01-11, 08:00 PM
And no matter how long nor frustrating the wait, one day the boy became smart and he loved me! And I love him! And we have been loving eachother for nearly two years now though its probably been about three or four since I first came on here because of him.
ForumCoupleHighFive! ^(^_^)>

grimbold
2011-01-12, 12:58 PM
more proof D&D can do anything

Inhuman Bot
2011-01-12, 02:29 PM
I recalled more capital I's, hurf durf.
I can't really comment on spelling or grammar as I suck at both of them, but I'm allowed to be a stickler for one thing right? I AM A VERY PETTY PERSON. http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/8468/emotcolbertx.gif

Zeb The Troll
2011-01-13, 07:02 AM
ForumCoupleHighFive! ^(^_^)>What the Trog said. :smallcool:

Good luck, you two. Two hours away is nothing, really. Alarra and I travelled 4 hours on weekends and there are plenty of others who would fall over themselves to be able to see each other twice a month. :smallcool:

CynicalAvocado
2011-01-13, 09:44 PM
ForumCoupleHighFive! ^(^_^)>

do split personalities count?

Roc Ness
2011-01-14, 05:53 AM
Hey, I think I vaguely remember seeing your name once in a while. You seem to be a lot more loved on this forum than you think, and not just by your someone. :smallbiggrin:

Anyhow, that sounds really sweet. My congratulations to you two, and I hope you guys show face more often. :smallsmile:

Thes Hunter
2011-01-15, 09:44 PM
I remember you, and Congrats!!! Hooray!