PDA

View Full Version : [3.5e] Warlock leadership help

lokoone
2011-01-08, 09:39 AM
sooo i'm a elan warlock 9 with a daughter... yes my warlock goes on adventures with his daughter.

my DM houseruled that kids take a penality to almost all stats something like
-7 str, -2 dex, -5 con, -6 wis,-6 int
so her stats are 5 str, 10 dex, 8 con, 6 wis, 8 int and 15 cha with the penality.

My DM let me take my daughter as my cohort(she is human 9 year old) i need help on choosing a good class for her and one good alignment monster to help me protect her, my remaining leadership is 10.

our first dragon almost killed me... DM houseruled that i can make a reflex save to take all damage her would take from dragon's breath..

sorry for my bad english, english is not my first language

Wabbajack
2011-01-08, 09:52 AM
You could make her a warlock too. It's in her blood, warlocks don't necessary need any good stats and some invocations are really good survival tools, like invisibility at will for example.

lokoone
2011-01-08, 09:59 AM
srry, forgot to mention, we're not blood related

true_shinken
2011-01-08, 10:04 AM
I don't think kids should have classes since they did not yet have the time to learn them.
I would talk to the DM about having the child as only an NPC alongside you. You shouldn't need to burn a feat on this, IMHO.

Alternatively, have her be a morphed/disguised familiar. She is not really your daughter - you only think she is. (Man, I loved this, I'll use it for an NPC in my game)

lokoone
2011-01-08, 10:12 AM
yea i know, but my DM kinda liked my daughter and let her have a class, but only if i use leadership ^^

but the DM are still trying to kill her.. damn fire balls/breath weapons

FelixG
2011-01-08, 10:32 AM
yea i know, but my DM kinda liked my daughter and let her have a class, but only if i use leadership ^^

but the DM are still trying to kill her.. damn fire balls/breath weapons

Yah...so use warlock :smallbiggrin:

make a pact with a devil to grant her the same powers as yourself in exchange for our soul

lokoone
2011-01-08, 01:44 PM
so.. any suggestion on a good aligned monster for 10 leadership score..?

Urpriest
2011-01-08, 02:07 PM
so.. any suggestion on a good aligned monster for 10 leadership score..?

I'm a little confused here: is your daughter going to be a cohort or a follower? If a cohort, then you only get one cohort, so this good aligned monster would have to be a follower, which makes it pretty low level. Or is your daughter a follower? In which case you'd be getting a 7th level cohort for your monster, so what kind of capabilities do you want it to have?

Sitzkrieg
2011-01-08, 02:10 PM
Well, if you are treating the girl as the cohort, how can you also recruit a good-aligned monster? You're entitled to five 1st level followers, did you mean you want suggestions for what they should be? There might be some good LA+1 monsters you could use.

EDIT:: Swordsaged

lokoone
2011-01-09, 08:02 AM
my DM will allow to take like 2 cohorts, but my daughter will have just 1 lvl until she have enough age to really have classes^^

ShneekeyTheLost
2011-01-09, 10:33 AM
There's a cute trick which uses the good-aligned warlock PrC to use a dispel check that also heals, and another warlock which has an invocation that can be dispelled. Effectively unlimited healing.

Rogue might increase her survivability if the GM is tossing AE at her. Evasion means pretty much ignoring fireballs and the like.