PDA

View Full Version : RKV alternate build help

Morbis Meh
2011-01-08, 11:49 AM
Hello playground, in an upcoming campaign I have decided to act as a tank so I decided to go the Crusader route and stumbled upon the RKV PrC. So I am going to clear it with my DM to change some of the fluff to coincide with another god. Now my question is, I am taking a lvl in cloistered cleric and my domains are going to be Knowledge, Law, and Travel, so I was wondering if I should give up access to all of these domains for each of the respected devotions? I want to specialized in battlefield control and aid now and again in buffing. Thank you for your help.

Ernir
2011-01-08, 12:05 PM
All three Devotion feats are very good. I'd appreciate each of them on a RKV.

The question becomes which domains you can lose. The Law domain is pretty bad, I'd definitely trade that one. Knowledge and Travel are very useful domains to have, however.

I'd probably trade away Law, keep Knowledge and Travel. But I would, if I could possibly find room in the build, most likely still take Knowledge Devotion and Travel Devotion as feats.
If your party has a info-gatherer and/or someone to teleport you around, the respective domains become much less painful to trade away.

Morbis Meh
2011-01-08, 01:39 PM
My party is going to consist of a gnome illusionist, a favored soul or cleric, a rogue or duskblade and possibly something else, so I think I can get away with it...

Achernar
2011-01-08, 01:53 PM
I've heard of an über-charger, but never Relativistic Kill Vehicle (RKV) as a character build... /joke

In all seriousness, what does RKV stand for (since I probably know it but can't remember it off the top of my head)?

Ernir
2011-01-08, 01:58 PM
My party is going to consist of a gnome illusionist, a favored soul or cleric, a rogue or duskblade and possibly something else, so I think I can get away with it...

Well, I'd think hard before trading away either domain, but I think you're the only one who can answer which you'd rather have... the spells, or the free feats?

I've heard of an über-charger, but never Relativistic Kill Vehicle (RKV) as a character build... /joke

In all seriousness, what does RKV stand for (since I probably know it but can't remember it off the top of my head)?

Ruby Knight Vindicator, a prestige class from the Tome of Battle.

Morbis Meh
2011-01-08, 02:02 PM
Like I mentioned earlier I plan on being more combat focused rather than spell (Crusader 4/CC1/RKV ?) I don't know how long this campaign will go but I doubt it will go beyond lvl 15 so I don't get access to the best spells in either domain anyways.

Achernar
2011-01-08, 02:30 PM
Oh, OK. This actually does lie outside my area of expertise if its ToB. Thanks for clarifying, though, and good luck!:smallwink:

Darrin
2011-01-08, 08:09 PM
Ruby Knight Vindicator, a prestige class from the Tome of Battle.

Now that I think about it, Ruby Knight Vindicator and Relativistic Kill Vehicle are pretty much synonyms...

Greenish
2011-01-08, 10:48 PM
Like I mentioned earlier I plan on being more combat focused rather than spell (Crusader 4/CC1/RKV ?)Never take an uneven number of non-initiator levels. :smallwink:

Crusader1/cloistered cleric2/crusader2 entry works pretty nicely for the maneuver progression. You get 2nd level stance at crusader 2, and 3rd level one when you enter RKV. You also get to start with the maneuvers at level 1, unlike the standard c-cleric4/crusader1 entry.