PDA

View Full Version : Ragnarok Warrior PrC (PEACH)

Ralasha
2011-01-08, 12:46 PM
The Ragnarok Warrior

(Aasgardian Setting Specific, adaptable.)

Background:
Sometimes called the Einharjar, these mighty warriors are the heroes of old, returned to the flesh in order to fight. They died heroes deaths, and were rewarded with a heaven of battle, and the pleasures of food, and drink. Here they train for the end days, or until they are once again needed on the mortal plane. They do not remember their days in the heavenly holds. Nor should they. They do not remember their purpose for returning, nor the choice. The only inkling they have of this choice, is the overwhelming pull of the call of their duty. Similar to a risen martyr, but different in that they have new life, rather than a temporary restoration of the old. A reincarnation, if you will, of their former lives, with a purpose.

Requirements:
Alignment: Any non-evil.
BAB: +6
Feats: Diehard
Special:The character must have died defending others, their rights, or fighting some great evil. Full Base Attack.

Class Features:
HD: d12
Skills: 2+Int Mod/level.

{table] Level | BAB | FS | RS | WS | Special
1st | +1 | +2 | +2 | +2 | +2 Strength; ???? Resistance 5
2nd | +2 | +3 | +3 | +3 | +2 Strength and Constitution
3rd | +3 | +3 | +3 | +3 | +2 Strength, Constitution and Dexterity
4th | +4 | +3 | +3 | +3 | +2 to Fortitude Saves; ???? Resistance 10 and ???? Resistance 5
5th | +5 | +4 | +4 | +4 | +2 to Fortitude and Will Saves
6th | +6 | +4 | +4 | +4 | +2 to Strength and Constitution, Dexterity and Wisdom
7th | +7 | +5 | +5 | +5 | +2 to Fortitude, Reflex and Will Saves; ???? Resistance 10, ???? Resistance 10 and ???? Resistance 5
8th | +8 | +5 | +5 | +5 | +2 to Strength, Constitution, Dexterity, Intelligence and Wisdom
9th | +9 | +5 | +5 | +5 | +2 to Strength Dexterity, and Constitution, Charisma, Intelligence and Wisdom
10th | +10 | +6 | +6 | +6 | Immunity to death effects, mind effects, Necromancy, Illusions, fear, critical hits, and cannot be knocked prone. Freedom. Death at -30 HP. All 3 resistances at 10.[/table]

???? Resistance choose an element, at first level, it begins at 5, at 4th level it improves to resistance 10, at level 4 choose another element, it begins at resistance 5, at level 7 it improves to resistance 10, at 7th level choose another element, it starts at 5, at level 10 it becomes resistance 10.

Totals:
3 Elemental Resistances at 10
-
+12 Strength
+10 Constitution
+8 Dexterity
+6 Wisdom
+4 Intelligence
+2 Charisma
-
+6 to Fort
+4 to Will
+2 to Reflex
-
Necessary immunities, and fake hero deity status.

Unrest
2011-01-08, 12:56 PM
"Full Base Attack" is a very nonstandard requirement, if I'm not mistaken. It rules any multiclassing - so it basically means you have to be level 6. Dunno if that's well-phrased.

And as for the power level, it's miserable. +6 Strength (+3 on damage, attack), +6 Dexterity (+3 AC, ranged attack), +6 Constitution (3 HP / level), +2 to all saves (finally +5 Fort, +5 Ref, +2 Wil), an out-of-nowhere +2 Charisma (Wisdom would simply work better) and immunities that I think you're going to have anyway from items by level 16.

I think those abilities are what could be put on top of the PHB Fighter class from the beginning to raise it maybe about half a tier.

Ralasha
2011-01-08, 01:00 PM
Slightly updated.

---
*Overhauled

Unrest
2011-01-09, 07:45 AM
Ahh, carp. Sorry, can't help you with resistances, I've never seen one being really used in a game I played :smallfrown:

And now... well, you've tweaked it numerically. But what everyone says is that at higher levels you need options, not numbers... Because after all, all you can do now is beat someone with a stick. For other options you'd have to rely on your previous classes. I dunno. Maybe I'll just shut up.

Keinnicht
2011-01-09, 01:28 PM
This is a very, very minor nitpick. I apologize for making it, I feel like a grammar nazi. But I feel like it should be clear. The special requirement makes it sound like you must have died defending others, their rights, OR some great evil.

As in, you must have died DEFENDING some great evil. Which I'm certain isn't what you meant.

Also, I suggest reducing the ability bonuses a bit. +12 strength is even more than war hulk gives you, and that's without having any bonuses to other abilities.

Ralasha
2011-01-09, 10:21 PM
This is a very, very minor nitpick. I apologize for making it, I feel like a grammar nazi. But I feel like it should be clear. The special requirement makes it sound like you must have died defending others, their rights, OR some great evil. Thanks, fixed.

Also, I suggest reducing the ability bonuses a bit. +12 strength is even more than war hulk gives you, and that's without having any bonuses to other abilities. Uhh, no, warhulk gives you +20. by level 15.

This is meant for an Asgard Campaign setting, and is equivalent to a Risen Martyr.