PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Campaign

firemagehao
2011-01-08, 06:33 PM
The city streets are full of people, bustling around, to preoccupied with their lives to look deep into the city. They do not have the potential to look past its walls, under the streets, in the "storage" rooms in the stores. They trust what they are told by the "government." They don't take time to realize the patterns. The "accidents." The arson. The murder. They think it is just regular crime. Have they looked into who was the one murdered? Who might want to kill whom? No. They have not. Because they are content. But not you. You have noticed the patterns, and have all determined the next person to be killed on your own. Just a shopkeeper getting a little behind on in his payments. You may only suspect something will happen, or might even be there by chance. But you are there, and you see the others. (Introductions to the other characters. You have all me in front of a shop, and groups of people all coming to one place at once is not common)

Hawkfrost000
2011-01-09, 02:12 AM
So'Tan shrugs out his lyre and begins to strum a few tunes, beseeching the crowds for a few coins untill the others in the group decide to do something.

Perform (lyre) [roll0]

ithildur
2011-01-09, 04:23 AM
"My thanks, you've been helpful. Next time I will sample the more choice selection of your goods perhaps." the elf nods with a smile, patting his light pouch (which in fact, is quite empty now). He departs and begins to make his way to the shop.

Halamir has just finished doing a bit of investigation with neighbors, nearby businesses, and people who frequent this section of town, attempting to gather as much information as he can about this particular shop and it's owner. He then compares notes with scraps of knowledge he already might know about the local area.

[roll0] Gather Information

[roll1] Knowledge Local

distant quasar
2011-01-09, 10:24 AM
"Well, hello friends," Troy says in a pleasant voice with a smile. "I assume we are here for the same reason. What do you propose to do for this shopkeeper? We cannot allow his fate to be the same as others, not when we can help."

hunt11
2011-01-09, 05:54 PM
Redies looked up at him before muttering. "We wait near by until they make their move, then we kill all who come."

ithildur
2011-01-09, 06:22 PM
"You're a funny man. I like you." Halamir says to Redies with a smile.

Noblesse
2011-01-09, 06:29 PM
A figure in overarching black cloak steps up as well, from whatever glances one might of had of his appearance beneath, all one could really tell was that he was deathly pale, translucent even.
"Master Ned said that this place would be next... Justice... Order... Must be upheld... Must not let either Master down..." The figure mumbles.

After hearing Redies comment "Kill them?.... That's barbaric!" it shouted. After realizing it spoke aloud.."My apologies uh... kind sir.. I by no means even tried to presume you were barbaric, it's just.. uhh... must... we kill them?"

Hawkfrost000
2011-01-09, 08:25 PM
So'Tan looks over at Redies, fingers still deftly plucking out a slow but stirring tune on the Lyre "Right, we kill them and bring their employers full attention and anger down on us."

distant quasar
2011-01-10, 03:36 PM
"I for one have methods other than killing to get what I want... but only for a time. They are in no way permanent. You want permanent solutions, then killing is the way to go. And as you say, it had best be done in a way so no one will know it is us. Perhaps we should start by finding a better place to discuss these matters?"

hunt11
2011-01-10, 03:38 PM
Redies shrugged at So'Tan. Then what do you suggest we do? Do we ask them nicely to leave him alone?"

Hawkfrost000
2011-01-10, 05:29 PM
So'Tan levels a stare at Redies "I suggest that we dont do anything stupid" he looks around and lowers his voice "like discussing manslaughter in the middle of a busy street" he slings his Lyre on his back and picks up his meager collection of coins "cheap bastards" he mutters under his breath, then looks around and addresses his companions "we should move somewhere private and preferably safe"

DM:

how much money did i make with my performance?

Noblesse
2011-01-10, 08:00 PM
"Yes, yes. Nothing Stupid."
In a hesitant voice "If, um, I were to make a suggestion... why don't we go inside... in case... you know.. they're already here?"
It starts towards the door, but looks back rather quickly to see if anyone was going to follow suit before entering.

Hawkfrost000
2011-01-10, 08:08 PM
So'Tan follows Ralph into the building

firemagehao
2011-01-10, 09:27 PM
As you walk inside, you find the shopkeeper pinned to the wall, a knife at his throat. The man to whom the knife belongs is wearing a mask, as well as a back cape with a skull on it which appears to be transforming into smoke. his knife has a blue gem in the hilt, its blade black and eerie, contorted, but still appearing deadly. He turns to you as you step in. He slits the mans throat, whispering, "I will see you in the inferno." as he turns to the door, waving his hand, a blast of force knocking you back into the street.

Hawkfrost000
2011-01-11, 12:21 AM
"S**t" So'Tan walks back into the shop and examines the body of the shopkeeper. "thats just great"

Knowledge (arcana): [roll0]
Appraise: [roll1]
Search: [roll2]
Spot: [roll3]

ithildur
2011-01-11, 02:14 AM
((anything from the gather info/knowledge local checks rolled earlier?))

Halamir's smile is replaced with narrowed eyes in a fraction of a second as he sees the two being knocked out of the store onto the street.

"Looks like someone got here first," he shouts as he dashes into the store, stepping over/past the two and lowering his Guisarme into ready position.

((I'm assuming he does not see the assailant until he moves into the doorway or even further in. Taking move action to move 30' while drawing/readying his weapon as part of the move with BAB +1, will determine standard action based on what he sees))

distant quasar
2011-01-11, 09:50 AM
Troy darts swiftly inside, cursing silently and preparing to cast a spell.

Will cast charm person if the murderer is still inside. DC 16 Will, 2hr duration

hunt11
2011-01-11, 10:45 AM
Without saying a word Redies rushed into the shop with his battlehammer drawn.

Hawkfrost000
2011-01-11, 11:35 AM
"Stop Halamir, if he wanted us dead we would already be dead and i don't doubt that he can kill us if he wants!"

distant quasar
2011-01-11, 11:41 AM
"Why would he possibly not want us dead? Your caution seems more like fear to me." Troy shouts this back as he runs into the shop.

Hawkfrost000
2011-01-11, 11:56 AM
"exactly my point, he dosnt want to kill us but if we follow him he will be forced too since you all are trying to catch him"

OOC: by the way, im already in the shop.

distant quasar
2011-01-11, 12:47 PM
OOC: So am I. I got confused and thought that dude was still inside.

"My point is that since we saw this act he will undoubtedly want us dead as well. If he could kill us as you say, we would already be dead. Of course, he may merely be a complete fool... but I doubt it."

firemagehao
2011-01-11, 03:44 PM
The man is nowhere to be seen, although the the dagger gouged out enough of the man's neck to make it look like it was made by a Guisarme. Also, when anybody steps near the body, their weapons become caked with blood. As you are observing the body, three guards rush into the room, "Drop the weapons. You are under arrest."

(5 cp were made by the preformance) (knowledge checks warrant nothing)

Hawkfrost000
2011-01-11, 04:24 PM
So'Tan complies, palming a dagger as he does.

Slight of Hand [roll0]

Noblesse
2011-01-11, 08:25 PM
Coming back to his senses, Ralph gets up and re-adjusts his robes and goes back inside. We were too late... if only we had gotten there sooner maybe we could have done something... Master would have been able to prevent this... The Inferno... what...." Suddenly noticing the guards arresting his would-be-comrades-in-justice Ralph runs up to one of the guards"Wait! You've got the wrong guys! These people didn't do this! The real bad guy disappeared into smoke and had this funky skull cape." he pleads.

Diplomacy [roll0]
OOC: I don't have any weapons, so I guess I'm not bloodied at all?
edit: sweeet, natural 20. Too bad knowing my luck, it will be the only one for a VERY long time.

Hawkfrost000
2011-01-11, 08:32 PM
OOC:
(knowledge checks warrant nothing)

what about spot, search and appraise?

ithildur
2011-01-11, 09:45 PM
Halamir had not had a chance to investigate the corpse, as I was not given any description of what he saw. I'll assume he's standing there taking the scene in, weapon in hand, when the guards entered.

Halamir turns at the entrance of the men. He lowers his weapon slightly and asks calmly, "By what authority do you make your demands? Who are you?"

hunt11
2011-01-12, 03:33 PM
Redies grips his hammer, waiting to see what would happen next.

Hawkfrost000
2011-01-12, 04:55 PM
So'Tan gestures to Redies to lower his hammer. (with the hand that isn't palming the dagger)

hunt11
2011-01-12, 05:10 PM
Growling slightly Redies lowers the hammer down.

distant quasar
2011-01-12, 05:11 PM
"Easy friends. I carry no weapons. And I believe you will find with inspection that none of us here carry a Guisarme like the one that seems to have caused this injury. We saw the man who did this before he fled; and when we stepped near the bodies my comrades weapons were covered in this blood with some form of magic."

Spellcraft to determine type of magic/spell:
1d20+6Sense Motive on Guards:
1d20+2

distant quasar
2011-01-12, 05:12 PM
My bad, botched the rolls on that. Here goes:
[roll0]
[roll1]

firemagehao
2011-01-12, 10:22 PM
"I now see that there may have been someone else involved, but I will have to ask for all of your weapons, armor, spell components, and money as evidence and court fee. None of your checks worked. Diplomacy changed his attitude, toward you from enemy to neutral.

ithildur
2011-01-12, 11:33 PM
Halamir patiently waits for the guards to reply to his query.

Hawkfrost000
2011-01-13, 12:22 AM
So'Tan breaks in "Woah, hold a on a minute, court fees? we have to pay to be incarcerated and questioned against our will?"

hunt11
2011-01-13, 02:32 PM
Redies yelled at the guard in disbelief saying, "You have got to be kidding me, we have to pay to get arrested?"

distant quasar
2011-01-13, 03:44 PM
"I for one must agree with that. And besides, why would you take all our money for fees if you don't even know how much we have?

firemagehao
2011-01-13, 03:49 PM
"Hand over your possessions, comply or I will have to use force." The guard says, readying his spear. The other guards follow his action, "insubordination is punnishable by death." It is clear than any one of them could kill you all.

distant quasar
2011-01-13, 04:00 PM
"Easy now. I have no armor, weapons, or spell components, although I do happen to have a very large purse. Are you quite sure you need all 83gp and 9 sp for court fees? Because if not I would gladly keep what I can. It happens to be all the money I have in the world, and I'm rather attached to it as such."
Diplomacy: [roll0]
Sense Motive (to Assess Opponent, as Complete Adventurer): [roll1]
Just struck me now, but I'm really glad I took Eschew Materials.

Noblesse
2011-01-13, 07:02 PM
"My apologies sirs, but I don't really possess anything you've asked for. " Suddenly inspiration hit. "Hey... what made you kind sirs show up just now anyway?"

ithildur
2011-01-13, 07:29 PM
Halamir is still waiting for a reply from the three unfamiliar men, who never identified themselves nor answered by what authority they are attempting to arrest them.

((do they at least have markings/uniforms etc that would be recognizable to any of our characters as official? Or should we assume we'd recognize them instantly as guards?))

Hawkfrost000
2011-01-13, 09:12 PM
"as much as i would like to avoid confrontation, i have to agree with my companions" begins So'Tan "what authority do you represent?"

firemagehao
2011-01-14, 05:55 PM
"We have the authority of the king. Hand over your armor, weapons, scrolls, everything but your clothes." (You recognize them as city guards. They are trying to arrest you, and they could by force.)

You notice that there is an open door that will lock shut when closed behind the counter.

Hawkfrost000
2011-01-14, 07:57 PM
So'Tan complies "well if its on the kings authority i have no problem with it" However, before he removes his weapons he slides the dagger he palmed into a well concealed wrist sheath.

note to DM: it is a quite short, 5 inches, dagger and designed for this particular sheath.

firemagehao
2011-01-14, 10:29 PM
"And the dagger." A guard says. (they have ranks in spot.) "Concealed weapons are not allowed in city grounds. That will be life in prison, with incremental demonstrations."

Hawkfrost000
2011-01-15, 12:09 AM
can you like, ummm actually roll?

i dont care how many ranks they have in spot they can still roll a natural 1

firemagehao
2011-01-15, 08:13 PM
My rolls are behind a screen. In this case, in the SRD dice bag. Also: Luck feats. Not applicable in this case, but something to think about.

distant quasar
2011-01-15, 08:28 PM
Fine, I will go with you. Here are all of my things, he says handing over his items one by one. "If there's anything we can do to help your excuse for a justice system here, let us know." he continues in Sylvan: ~You are fools to think we are guilty, or else you know we are not and are working with these assasins to kill your own citizens. Either way, the elves were right about humans, and the Fey righter.~

Hawkfrost000
2011-01-15, 10:30 PM
So'Tan winks at Troy "i couldn't agree more" he suddenly reverses his motions putting his belt back on and grabbing his pack. he sprints past the above mentioned door and waits for a second to see if anyone is going to follow him "Lets Go!" he screams.

distant quasar
2011-01-16, 10:34 AM
OOC:

So'Tan winks at Troy "i couldn't agree more" he suddenly reverses his motions putting his belt back on and grabbing his pack. he sprints past the above mentioned door and waits for a second to see if anyone is going to follow him "Lets Go!" he screams.
You know there is a difference between Elven and Sylvan right? 'Cause I don't think you speak Sylvan.

Hawkfrost000
2011-01-16, 01:06 PM
OOC:

i know, i was doing some foreshadowing, about how i now had plans to fix up their justice system (namely by the elimination of those in power) and do a better job of bringing the real killer to justice faster than they could.

if it involves a little collateral damage then oh well.

just go with the flow man. :smallbiggrin:

hunt11
2011-01-16, 01:18 PM
OOC: Does this count as a combat situation?

Hawkfrost000
2011-01-16, 01:31 PM
OOC:

yah, everyone should probably roll initiative

DM

Do i get surprise or should i roll initiative too?

hunt11
2011-01-16, 01:34 PM
OOC:Due to a flaw I took I will have to hold them of

Hawkfrost000
2011-01-16, 01:38 PM
OOC:

your flaw is a suicidal nature?

hunt11
2011-01-16, 01:43 PM
OOC: I suppose in some ways yes. Here is the actual description of the flaw.
A character will refuse to retreat from battle no matter what the odds. The character will always fight to the death and is always on the front line of battle, not at all afraid to get hit. If they are not on the front lines of battle (in game terms, directly threatening and being threatened by an enemy OR being the latest target of an attack by at least half the enemies, rounded up, in a combat), they take a -4 penalty to all rolls and AC.
In extreme conditions, the character can make a Will Save (DC of 25) to negate the flaw and flee from battle. However, the character feels guilty for disobeying their "code of conduct" and henceforth take -4 to all rolls until three days have passed. If the character is forced to flee via a spell or effect such as Fear, the penalty is lessened to -2 and it only lasts until the next day.

firemagehao
2011-01-16, 06:39 PM
Answers:Initiative among the group is determined by the order you post. After you go, your enemies go. If you took improved init, you can switch it for something else.

Hawkfrost000
2011-01-16, 08:55 PM
Answers:Initiative among the group is determined by the order you post. After you go, your enemies go. If you took improved init, you can switch it for something else.

sooo, the PC's doing something right now would be smart

Noblesse
2011-01-16, 09:11 PM
Ralph Strauss (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=264814)

Ralph Strauss (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=264814)
- LG Astral Construct Astral Construct 1, Level 1, Init +3, HP 11/11, DR -, Speed 40
AC 17, Touch 14, Flat-footed 14, Fort +0, Ref +3, Will -1, Base Attack Bonus 1
Natural Weapon, Trip Slam +4 (1d6+3, x2)
(+3 Dex, +3 Natural, +1 Deflect)
Abilities Str 17, Dex 16, Con -, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 16
Condition None

Master told me to take responsibility for anything I did... but he also said to not to cause him any trouble... I didn't do anything, but if I go to court he'll become involved. Must escape. They don't know who I am. His mind finally made up Ralph lowered himself and dashed out the backdoor, being careful to keep himself covered up as much as possible, knowing staying anonymous was to his benefit in this endeavor.

If I can get out the back door with 40 feet of movement speed:
Move action: run out the door

Readied Standard Action: slam/trip if attacked
Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1]
Opposed Str or dex trip check: [roll2]

Hawkfrost000
2011-01-17, 12:00 AM
So'Tan looks to see if anyone else is going to go out past him, if not he closes the door and books it using two move actions to run 60ft

hunt11
2011-01-17, 01:31 PM
Redies moves to the door and gets into a ready stance with his hammer. "Everybody go, I will hold them of here" As he finishes speaking he starts to shake slightly as he releases his rage.

distant quasar
2011-01-17, 01:40 PM
With a large grin on his face, Troy complies, running 40ft to get out the door, then turning and casting a spell on one of the guards.

If the guard has 4 HD or less, it has to make a DC 15 Will save or be unable to take any actions on its turn. Casting Daze, a cantrip.

Hawkfrost000
2011-01-17, 07:03 PM
So'Tan slams the door and books it 60 ft

he looks for something he can use for his advantage, a wall he can vault, bookshelves he can tip over, ladders he can climb. anything.

ithildur
2011-01-17, 09:28 PM
Halamir watches the others make a run for it with a strange look on his face, then turns back towards the guards. As he takes a position behind Redies, he tells him,

"Go."

He seems to be waiting... for something.

Move to a position behind Redies, ready action vs any of the guards moving/attacking. No idea where they're all positioned, so in case a tumble is needed to avoid AOO's...

1d20+5 Tumble

ithildur
2011-01-17, 09:44 PM
[roll0] Tumble

hunt11
2011-01-18, 10:33 AM
Redies, still facing the guards muttered to Halamir. "I will never back down from a fight, no matter what the odds are. You catch up with the group and I will meet up with you guys as soon as I can."

firemagehao
2011-01-18, 01:27 PM
Just to clarify, Everyone but ithildur and hunt are behind the closed door, correct?

For the people outside the door You will die if you stay and fight.

For the people inside There is a chair that could be propped up against the door.

hunt11
2011-01-18, 01:53 PM
Unless I misread the situation I can not run away because of the flaw I picked, which is pride

firemagehao
2011-01-18, 02:03 PM
Ah... In that case...

One of the soldiers lobs a flask of liquid at Redi (sorry if that is not spelled right), which explodes and blasts him through the wall into the room with the others, head first, making a neat rectangular hole in the wall, no large enough for others to get through. A shelf falls inside the smaller room blocking the hole.

ithildur, for a while, post via PM

distant quasar
2011-01-18, 03:43 PM
That sounds painful. Not to be cruel to my fellow adventurer, but shouldn't that mean at least some damage taken?

"Now would be a good time ro run." Troy says to the others. "Catch me if you can!" he yells over his shoulder, to the guards and as a joke to his his allies.

40' per round movement rate, run action so that's 160' movement total.

OOC:
Can we assume I still have my stuff or would that be too easy?

Hawkfrost000
2011-01-18, 05:18 PM
Props up chair against door and runs, fast, very fast

120 feet fast

ithildur
2011-01-18, 05:34 PM
Actions/response pm'ed.

ithildur
2011-01-18, 05:45 PM
PM doesn't seem to support dice rolls?

[roll0]
[roll1]

Noblesse
2011-01-18, 06:33 PM
Ralph Strauss (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=264814\)

Anxious to get away from the scene, Ralph follows Troy staying on his heals. Throughout the ordeal he speaks in an excited, yet strangely calm voice, especially given the speed he was running."So, what do you think we should do now?" he said to Troy.

firemagehao
2011-01-18, 06:49 PM
Check the OOC

As you move to get the chair, as your feet touch the floor, it sounds almost hollow beneath the rug.

Hawkfrost000
2011-01-18, 08:13 PM
So'Tan whips up the rug, hoping for something that will help him get out of this rapidly worsening situation.

firemagehao
2011-01-19, 04:07 PM
(since that is what I was waiting for) You see a trap door, with rusted hinges and a latch that looks the same.

Hawkfrost000
2011-01-19, 05:11 PM
So'Tan opens it!!!

distant quasar
2011-01-20, 01:06 PM
Troy looks down inside!

firemagehao
2011-01-20, 04:00 PM
They see a dark damp stairway!

distant quasar
2011-01-20, 04:14 PM
"Let us climb down this dark damp stairway, close the trapdoor, and escape from those chasing us!" Troy says as he climbs down the dark damp stairway!

Hawkfrost000
2011-01-20, 05:30 PM
So'Tan is already running down the stairs, fast, very fast

EDIT: i have darkvision 60ft and at this time i'm just running for my life

Noblesse
2011-01-20, 05:50 PM
Ralph Strauss

What am I getting myself into, this doesn't look good... but the guards look worse! With that Ralph follows behind So'Tan.

*darkvision/low-light vision*
Spot Check!: [roll0]
Listen Check: [roll1]

firemagehao
2011-01-22, 12:02 AM
You hear the sounds of an intense battle on the other side of the door.

Hawkfrost000
2011-01-22, 12:12 AM
which door?

ithildur
2011-01-22, 12:41 AM
Soon after the sounds of battle die down, Halamir stepped through the door, dragging an unconscious Redi with him and slamming the door shut behind him.

He paused a moment to catch his breath, wiping the blood from a cut on his left cheek, and wincing as he examined what he was sure would become a very striking black eye.

Muttering quietly with a grim look, he looked around quickly.

((If anyone is still within sight/the stairs are visible))

"Help me with this one; he's out cold and rather heavy. I think we're safe for a little while, but we need to get someplace safe."

((if everyone's gone and stairs are visible, he simply heads down the stairs, carrying/dragging the unconscious dwarf, grumbling that he'd be more helpful if he was awake, etc.))

Hawkfrost000
2011-01-22, 01:24 AM
So'Tan helps Halamir drag the unconscious fighter down the stairs and assess the damage, he also tries to help keep Redi stable. (assuming he has been hurt)

Heal Check: [roll0]

distant quasar
2011-01-22, 11:20 AM
"Ouch. I don't suppose we have any clerics with us?"

Hawkfrost000
2011-01-27, 06:04 PM
Sorry, i just play music

he looks grimly at the surrounding stone walls, "is there somewhere we can go from here? or do we just wait until they find us?"

firemagehao
2011-01-27, 06:49 PM
Redi comes too, and the door that Halamir came through locks behind him with an audible click.

distant quasar
2011-01-27, 07:06 PM
Well... let's continue forward as brave adventurers into this dark damp dungeon! Huah!

Hawkfrost000
2011-01-27, 08:44 PM
OOC:

Does the trap door lead anywhere?

firemagehao
2011-01-27, 08:50 PM
The trapdoor leads into a dark, damp, light-less underground corridor.

Hawkfrost000
2011-01-27, 09:02 PM
I'll scout ahead, stay behind me so your light doesnt mess with my darkvision, i'll yell if i need help, trust me.

he pulls out his shortbow and lets his eyes adjust to the complete darkness, slipping into his element.

Edit:

Move silently 1d20+2
Spot 1d20+2
Listen 1d20+1

Hawkfrost000
2011-01-29, 01:44 AM
apparently rolls wont work in edits:

Move silently [roll0]
Spot [roll1]
Listen [roll2]

distant quasar
2011-01-29, 11:08 AM
"Very well, I'll gladly take the middle position."

Do we have a marching order?

Hawkfrost000
2011-01-29, 12:46 PM
Tentative marching order

So'Tan takes point then Halamir, Ralph carrying Redi, then Troy?

Noblesse
2011-01-29, 01:12 PM
Works for me, I can't get tired anyway :-)

Hawkfrost000
2011-01-29, 01:15 PM
Excellent, our marching order is: So'Tan taking point about 30 feet ahead of the party, then Halamir, Ralph carrying Redi, then Troy all within 5 feet of each other.

firemagehao
2011-01-29, 02:30 PM
I think I posted somewhere that Redi is awake. can someone PM hunt?

The corridor winds down into the depths of the town, dark and damp. After what seems like almost an hour of walking, you hear voices coming from up ahead.

Hawkfrost000
2011-01-29, 02:42 PM
Redi comes too, and the door that Halamir came through locks behind him with an audible click.

i think thats it?

So'Tan signals a stop, then moves slowly forward straining his ears to hear whatever is being said:

Move Silently [roll0]
Listen [roll1]
I speak common, orcish, elven and draconic

hunt11
2011-01-29, 03:08 PM
OOC: Sorry about not paying attention

As Redies slowly comes to he shakes his head in an attempt to clear his thoughts. Turning to the rest of the group he says. "So what happened to me, all I remember is an explosion."

distant quasar
2011-01-30, 11:01 AM
"We were all killed by those guards. Apparently everything we thought we knew about the afterlife is false. We have been here for what seems like an eternity already, trying to discover what is being said by those voices. But the closer we move to them to understand what is being said, the farther they move away from us. An interesting conundrum, is it not?"

Bluff check (this is all just one big joke, you know:smallwink:):[roll0] A 20! *Dies laughing*

Hawkfrost000
2011-01-30, 02:10 PM
So'Tan facepalms, but quietly!

hunt11
2011-01-30, 04:44 PM
Redies gasps slightly before responding. "Wait, what? How could we have all died?" Redies looks around slowly "So this is the afterlife then, I was kind of expecting something more, exciting then this."

Well played, I am not going to even try to roll against a natural 20 but I shall have my unspecified revenge at some later point.

Hawkfrost000
2011-01-30, 09:54 PM
OOC:

im pretty sure you can't bluff a PC

ithildur
2011-01-31, 01:56 AM
Social skills like bluff are normally meant for NPCs, yeah, but up to the DM and players ultimately.

Halamir whispered, ignoring the jest and looking straight ahead down the corridor. "We escaped from the guards, that is what matters, although I've a feeling we haven't seen the last of them."

distant quasar
2011-01-31, 05:19 PM
"Heh. Yeah, we escaped. Just my little joke." although he only gave a brief chuckle, it's clear he feels the urge to much laugh harder, and would if weren't for the unknown voices ahead.

ithildur
2011-01-31, 06:23 PM
Halamir comes to a stop for a moment putting a finger to his lips, and listens as well...

[roll0] Listen

He speaks Common, Elven, Draconic, Goblin, Orc, and Sylvan

firemagehao
2011-01-31, 09:31 PM
Bluff works on PC's :smallbiggrin:
"The mission was a success."
"But there was a witness."
"We know where each one of them lives. It won't be a problem."
"But what about the people they know. And the people that they know. Everyone in the town could know by now."
"Why were they not killed on sight?"
"They were stronger than we expected."
"Did you hear a noise?"
*a long silence, followed by footsteps, that seem to approach you*

Hawkfrost000
2011-02-01, 12:15 AM
So'Tan draws his bow taught every muscle tensing as he prepares to react. he whispers softly to himself "Axes flash and broadswords swing;"

ithildur
2011-02-01, 02:26 AM
Halamir draws up his hood over his face, and looks for a possible turn (cover), nook, or shadowy spot in the corridor to duck into.

hunt11
2011-02-01, 12:09 PM
Redies chuckles slightly. "I will have to remember to repay you the favor." Upon seeing his comrades ready for combat he readies his hammer and waits for what is to come next.

distant quasar
2011-02-01, 03:51 PM
Troy silently very noisily draws towards the wall, looking for shadows to hide in.
Move Silently: [roll0]
Hide: [roll1]

ithildur
2011-02-01, 08:48 PM
Was going to wait for the DM to tell me whether there are suitable cover, corners, etc to duck into before rolling, since 'You need cover or concealment in order to attempt a Hide check' normally, and Halamir is not a Shadowdancer... but *shrug*

[roll0] Hide

firemagehao
2011-02-02, 04:54 PM
There are sufficient hiding places.

"Guess it was nothing." you hear the voice say, as the footsteps trail away from you again.

Over the course of the long conversation, you catch, "The town square two days from now."

After that, the conversation goes on for about half an hour, but nothing significant is heard. At the end, you hear the sound of chairs being pushed in, followed by the sound of footsteps walking away from you.

Hawkfrost000
2011-02-02, 05:11 PM
So'Tan, still with bow drawn, sneaks into the room ready to shoot anything that moves.

Spot
Move Silently [roll]1d20+2

distant quasar
2011-02-02, 05:39 PM
*Easy. Methinks we'd best plan of being in the town square ready to act 2 days from now. And with a better plan.* Troy whispers.

Hawkfrost000
2011-02-02, 05:54 PM
So'Tan give him a level "no duh" stare

distant quasar
2011-02-02, 05:58 PM
Troy returns the look.

Hawkfrost000
2011-02-02, 05:59 PM
So'Tan grins, then returns to the task at hand, that of exploring the room

ithildur
2011-02-02, 10:46 PM
*Easy. Methinks we'd best plan of being in the town square ready to act 2 days from now. And with a better plan.* Troy whispers.

Halamir gave a slight nod in response, his expression obscured under the hood of his cloak.

He then began looking around the room curiously.

distant quasar
2011-02-03, 04:09 PM
Searching Monatage: [roll0] Ugh, this is a bad rolling day for me.

firemagehao
2011-02-03, 05:29 PM
The room is small, a chandelier hanging from the ceiling, subs of candles burning away for the short amount of time before they will burn out. You find a map of the city on the table in the center of the room. The walls of the room are lined with swords.

Hawkfrost000
2011-02-03, 08:32 PM
So'Tan eagerly grabs the nicest looking longsword and starts moving through the forms with it.

ithildur
2011-02-04, 10:48 AM
Halamir immediately moved to examine the map, looking for any notations, markings, etc.

firemagehao
2011-02-04, 05:39 PM
You hear a loud snap as So'Tan touches the sword, and you hear a grinding sound, as the ceiling descends upon you. (Reflex saves DC15, if you fail, you get caught up on something, and do not make it out)

Hawkfrost000
2011-02-04, 05:47 PM
silly kelptomania!

[roll0]

and he holds on to the sword

EDIT: wooo! critical 20 B****es!

distant quasar
2011-02-05, 11:24 AM
[roll0]
"Look what you did. Triggering traps is my job!

Noblesse
2011-02-05, 12:19 PM
"Watch out!"
Not sure if it's just for him, or all of us.
Reflex Save[roll0] depending on result/answer I'll add more to this.

ithildur
2011-02-05, 11:13 PM
If it's all of us...

[roll0] Reflex

distant quasar
2011-02-06, 10:21 AM
Ouch, 2 men down.

ithildur
2011-02-06, 07:37 PM
silly kelptomania!

[roll0]

and he holds on to the sword

EDIT: wooo! critical 20 B****es!

Heh, kids these days... accidentally kills half the party and gets excited about a dice roll like they did something noteworthy. *shakes his head sadly* :smallwink:

hunt11
2011-02-07, 08:49 AM
Seeing the roof collapse on him Redies tries to leap for safety.

[roll0]

firemagehao
2011-02-07, 06:54 PM
({[That everyone? is so...]})

Two of the party (the ones who failed their saves) are squashed like bugs, their guts splattering across the floor. The rest make it out safely into the corridor that you came from.

distant quasar
2011-02-08, 03:39 PM
Troy winces, then turns to So'Tan, his light attitude gone."Well, there, are you happy with that? Two men dead, simply because you couldn't wait for a minute to see if they had some sort of booby trap on that sword. At least this has proved one thing to us: Booby traps only work on a booby person."

Hawkfrost000
2011-02-08, 05:14 PM
How did you expect me to know? i came to save a mans life! im no good at sneaking and stealing. i pick pockets when i have to but what do you expect me to know about traps that drop a ceiling on you?

there are tears in his red eyes If your so smart then why didn't you stop me? Huh?

distant quasar
2011-02-09, 04:59 PM
"As if I would have had time, you acted so fast!" his green eyes acknknowledge understanding, but you can tell he will never say, "It's all right."
It would be OOC for me to stop this argument, so will someone else step in?

Hawkfrost000
2011-02-10, 12:24 AM
So you just expect me to know about these things? Snaps So'Tan sadness crystallizing into anger, then he adopts a mocking tone oooooo, look i'm Troy and i know everything!

distant quasar
2011-02-10, 03:20 PM
"Better than, ooooooo, I'm So'Tan and I don't know enough to save my friends from a needless death!"

Someone else, speaky speaky!

Hawkfrost000
2011-02-10, 04:59 PM
Who said you are my friend? We were just working to a common goal, now that we have failed i see no reason not to leave. i can be miles away in two days, far away enough that nothing that happens hear coudl ever touch me. In fact he says turning away I don't see any reason why i shouldn't leave now. with that he begins to jog up the tunnel back to the trapdoor and a way out.

ithildur
2011-02-10, 05:18 PM
lmao this is like watching my sister and my niece going at it. When do we get a chance to get back into the game Firemagehao? :smalltongue:

hunt11
2011-02-10, 05:24 PM
It took Redies a minute to fully realize that two of the people he had been working with had just been killed horribly. Turning around he sees So'Tan start to run away Redies bellows out after him. "If you are so willing to let these deaths go in vain then run you bloody coward." As Redies finishes yelling he grabs his hammer and smashes it against the wall as hard as he can. Turning to Troy he forces himself to stay into control before speaking to him. "So with So'Tan running away with his tail between his legs what should we do now."

firemagehao
2011-02-10, 05:27 PM
on the way out, So'Tan walks right into Halimir. I agree with ithildur. You are acting like little kids. This sort of thing has wrecked games. I would rather it did not end this way.

Hawkfrost000
2011-02-10, 11:37 PM
You know what, just to prove that im not a coward i think ill stick around!

distant quasar
2011-02-13, 11:16 AM
I was just doing this for roleplaying and had no intention of wreckin a game... I even asked someone else to intervene OOC.
"No idea what we should do next, actually. I'm not really much smarter than an average peasant. Just cooler," he says, assuming whatever passes for a gangsta pose in the medieval ages.

ithildur
2011-02-13, 08:56 PM
You know what, just to prove that im not a coward i think ill stick around!

Halamir turns his body at an angle so as to avoid crashing into So'Tan, the blade of his Ranseur narrowly missing his nose.

"Hm, I must've missed something. Who called you a coward?" said the elf, rubbing his head with a strange smile. "Oh, and in case you were wondering, any reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated. Now then, were you able to find anything in the room of interest? The map?"

Hawkfrost000
2011-02-13, 09:19 PM
Halamir turns his body at an angle so as to avoid crashing into So'Tan, the blade of his Ranseur narrowly missing his nose.

"Hm, I must've missed something. Who called you a coward?" said the elf, rubbing his head with a strange smile. "Oh, and in case you were wondering, any reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated. Now then, were you able to find anything in the room of interest? The map?"

It took Redies a minute to fully realize that two of the people he had been working with had just been killed horribly. Turning around he sees So'Tan start to run away Redies bellows out after him. "If you are so willing to let these deaths go in vain then run you bloody coward." As Redies finishes yelling he grabs his hammer and smashes it against the wall as hard as he can. Turning to Troy he forces himself to stay into control before speaking to him. "So with So'Tan running away with his tail between his legs what should we do now."

hmmmmm?

oh, no one just Mr. Soliloquy over here

ithildur
2011-02-14, 01:25 AM
The elf gave So'Tan an odd look, not having the faintest idea what he's getting at.

"We've a poet among us? Another Bard...?"

He stepped past him, moving towards the room.

"I take it that's a no, or a maybe as an answer for my question," he asked, or rather stated, nonchalantly continuing back towards the room without waiting for a reply, giving a nod to any others he sees as he glances around what's left of the room.

will wait for description of room/what he sees, before attempting some checks

firemagehao
2011-02-14, 06:40 PM
You can not get into the room, the stone block that slid down blocking the way.

ithildur
2011-02-15, 12:28 AM
Halamir pats the solid stone block several times, ensuring that it is indeed as solid as it seemed. He thought silently for a while then began to walk about slowly, apparently doing a search of the immediate area.

Taking 20 on search of the immediate area, maybe about two squares. Also, as an elf he rolls to detect secret doors merely by moving within 5 feet of them.
Search modifier is +6

A map would definitely help us visualize this I think. So all of us are currently outside the room, blocked from entering?

hunt11
2011-02-15, 07:40 AM
Redies chuckels slightly before he replies. "You have a better chance then me, the only way I now how to solve problems is with my hammer. Right now though all I feel like is just grabbing something to eat."

distant quasar
2011-02-15, 05:02 PM
"Myself, I'd go for some nice fine elven wine." he licks his lips. "And some fruit. I love fruit. Perhaps with a salad..." he looks wistful, then looks back at Redi. "You got me started on food! I'll be thinking about for hourse now!"
he then looks at the others efforts of searching.
"I doubt I'll notice anything you don't. Mind if I plop myself on this floor?" he sits down.

firemagehao
2011-02-15, 06:52 PM
Nothing is moving anywhere. (Who is up for a time-skip 2 days?)

distant quasar
2011-02-16, 05:27 PM
I'll go for it.

Hawkfrost000
2011-02-16, 06:01 PM
sure, why not?

ithildur
2011-02-17, 03:32 PM
((works for me; I take it there's absolutely nothing else we can do here))

Halamir seems strangely quiet for the next couple of days, appearing somewhat restless as if wrestling with his thoughts. From time to time he glances at the others in the group with an odd expression.

firemagehao
2011-02-17, 05:34 PM
two days later...

The sun shines upon your faces as you approach the town square.

distant quasar
2011-02-17, 06:27 PM
"Let's all look totally normal you guys. And does anyone have a plan?"

Bluff check to look totally normal: [roll0]

Hawkfrost000
2011-02-18, 12:46 AM
So'Tan plies his profession

Perform (Lyre) [roll0]

ithildur
2011-02-20, 06:40 PM
"I suggest someone with keen eyes and ears look over the area, try to make sure there are no ... surprises," said Halamir quietly. "Rooftops, nearby buildings, passers by..."

"And keep your weapon sheathed, but ready... I may have a plan; let me do the talking."

His voice held an edge of hesitancy, as if he was uncertain about something.

He had to decide soon, he realized.

distant quasar
2011-02-21, 03:44 PM
"I suspect you have the keenest eyes and ears here. However, if the talking is lying, I imagine I could do that well enough."

firemagehao
2011-02-21, 06:36 PM
As you walk into the square, you see a large fountain. Chained to a stone pillar in the fountain, you see a former teammate. One thought to have been crushed. Naked, with strategically placed jets of water from the fountain.

hunt11
2011-02-21, 06:42 PM
Seeing his comrade like this Redies starts to loose control. Muttering lowly to his comrades Redies says. "We have to do something to get him out of there."

Hawkfrost000
2011-02-21, 07:18 PM
As you walk into the square, you see a large fountain. Chained to a stone pillar in the fountain, you see a former teammate. One thought to have been crushed. Naked, with strategically placed jets of water from the fountain.

do the jets of water strategicaly reveal his nakedness?

do they make his nakedness strategic?

do they make his nakedness strategically placed?

Please use better Grammar?

ithildur
2011-02-21, 09:24 PM
((I think I understand what the 'strategicly placed' is refering to. On the other hand, I honestly have no clue who the 'teammate' in question is. Does this game have an ooc thread that lists the characters, etc?))

Halamir looks around quickly.

((description of what we see, people present, buildings, etc perhaps?))

Noblesse
2011-02-21, 10:56 PM
no idea either... and seeing how you've never seen my character's face before, only his cloths... it shouldn't be me given the description. That and I'm an astral construct... naked doesn't really apply to me...

Hawkfrost000
2011-02-22, 12:17 AM
((so why doesn't he just say that the jets of water conceal his nakedness? seriously i'm just no sure because if thats what he meant then he chose one of the more awkward ways he could say it))

distant quasar
2011-02-22, 03:42 PM
does anyone want to turn evil and leave him on the fountain? No? Me neither. Let's stop worrying about the strategic placing and the nakedness and get him off the fountain, whoever he is.

*Halamir, do you think you could get him out of there? Someone with a bow can watch from the roof of somewhere nearby, and the rest of us will stay near in the town square on the lookout,* Troy whispers out of the side of his mouth, attempting to make it look like he isn't talking.

What should I role for that? Bluff? Sleight of Hand?
Bluff: [roll0]
Sleight of Hand [roll1]

ithildur
2011-02-22, 04:55 PM
Halamir replies in a barely audible whisper, still looking around.

"An archer lookout up on a rooftop would be good; we also need to be wary someone else isn't thinking the same..."

((if there are suitable buildings, etc nearby that is))

"As for that poor bastard by the fountain... he seems familar..."

I'm guessing what he meant by 'strategically placed' is that it's made to look like he's one of those fountain statues that piss out the water. It's flavor/humor description. Not as critical as a description of the area/what we see, but fun nevertheless.

Hawkfrost000
2011-02-22, 08:49 PM
So'Tan looks determined "ill get on the roof, any preferences for sides of the square?"

ithildur
2011-02-23, 04:46 PM
So'Tan looks determined "ill get on the roof, any preferences for sides of the square?"

((rather hard to pick out a side without having a description of the area/buildings etc))

Hawkfrost000
2011-02-23, 05:02 PM
((waits for DM to provide said description))

distant quasar
2011-02-23, 05:23 PM
(as I have only 6 hp and 1 hit would likely drop me, anyone mind if I run around the battlefield desperately to make use of my 40 ft speed vs. their 20 or 30 ft speed? That's even in my character description as how my person prefers to fight)

firemagehao
2011-02-25, 04:06 PM
no idea either... and seeing how you've never seen my character's face before, only his cloths... it shouldn't be me given the description. That and I'm an astral construct... naked doesn't really apply to me...

(Sorry, forgot about that. forget my earlier post)

You see an odd shimmering construct tied to a pillar in the center of the fountain. As you begin to look around, you see a line of guards in a circle around the square. Guards with crossbows line the rooftops.

distant quasar
2011-02-25, 04:36 PM
"Alright, how about this. We take out the crossbow men silently, one by one, following Halamirs lead, then come back around and take out the guards with support from So'Tans archery."

hunt11
2011-02-25, 05:11 PM
After taking one final look around the square Redies turns back to the group."That sounds like it could work. If something does go wrong however I can run a distraction to give you guys time to both free our comrade and escape."

distant quasar
2011-02-25, 05:22 PM
"Sounds good."

Hawkfrost000
2011-02-25, 05:51 PM
So'Tan grins, trying to force optimism that he does not feel "Alright then, what are we standing around for?"

distant quasar
2011-02-27, 10:32 AM
Troy calmly starts walking towards one of the rooftops, looking like he's going there for a perfectly legitimate reason.

Bluff: [roll0]
Spot (how many guards are on the roof?): [roll1]
I'm readying an action to cast sleep on the guards when I get in range.

Hawkfrost000
2011-02-27, 02:10 PM
So'tan looks around for an easy way onto one of the roofs, when he finds one with only a few (3 tops) archers on it, he climbs up onto the roof and looks to sneak up on the archers.

Spot [roll0]
Climb [roll1]
Move Silently [roll2]

WOOOOOOO! Crits FTW!

ithildur
2011-02-27, 09:28 PM
Halamir seems to be patiently counting the guards and crossbowmen that he can see. He makes no movements.

((I'm assuming crossbowmen are all plainly visible since it was not described as otherwise.))

firemagehao
2011-02-28, 08:19 PM
Sorry for the lack of clarity in my last few posts.

The crossbows are pointed at you, and all of the guards are watching you.

hunt11
2011-02-28, 08:21 PM
Redies turns back to the group and mutters quietly whilst he fingers his axe. "I think we will have to go with the distraction plan"

Hawkfrost000
2011-03-01, 12:12 AM

since when? are they omniscient?

distant quasar
2011-03-01, 08:35 PM
((What happened to all my bluff checks to look totally normal?))

*Ehm, how about this? We all run away, fast and hard, and hope some peole give chase. We kill whoever does give chase, then attempt to sneak in later and get our ally. Sometime in the night.* Troy speaks out of the corner of his mouth.

Hawkfrost000
2011-03-01, 08:37 PM
Agreed stammers So'Tan, white as a sheet (and he's a drow!)

distant quasar
2011-03-01, 08:45 PM
((assuming no more miscommunications:))

Troy runs! (40ft base speed)

Hawkfrost000
2011-03-01, 08:52 PM
So'Tan runs and looks for a place to hide!

((30ft base speed))
Spot check for place to hid were i can still shoot at pursuing guards: [roll0]
Hide check [roll1]

firemagehao
2011-03-02, 09:31 PM
As you run, you can find no way to escape the guard's eyes. As troy is running, he runs into a guard, and falls over backwards.

Hawkfrost000
2011-03-02, 11:57 PM
Is So'Tan close enough to shoot the guard?

ithildur
2011-03-03, 01:18 PM

((ok, well that changes things a bit....))

Halamir remains motionless the entire time, and silent, while the others are running around and bumping into things.

((so.... how many does he count? guards and crossbowmen? Are they wearing armor? Are the guards carrying weapons/shields, do they have them drawn, are they wearing uniforms? Any familiar faces? How close is the nearest building to the fountain?))

distant quasar
2011-03-04, 08:13 PM
"Ow, sorry good sir. I didn't mean to run into you. I was just out on a nice jog. Mind to help me up?"

No point trying really, but: Bluff [roll0]

I'll ready an action to get up myself if he doesn't help me. Hmph.

firemagehao
2011-03-04, 10:09 PM
About thirty guards line the forum, all within bow-range, as are you. The guards are not impressed with attempts at bluffing, and reply, "hands up. now."

Hawkfrost000
2011-03-04, 11:21 PM
((so what do we do? seriously))

ithildur
2011-03-05, 09:30 AM
((my assessment, at lvl 1 you probably can't fight and win in this situation; if you're lucky some of us might get away. Honestly without a map and tokens that's the best assessment I can make. If we had disabling spells or such and we could tag a bunch of them it might swing the odds, as well as using cover from arrowfire, but again, not being able to see anything/visualize makes this nearly impossible for me to think of a way to tactically pull this off))

Hawkfrost000
2011-03-05, 12:29 PM
So'Tan does the only logical thing left, "I Surrender"

hunt11
2011-03-05, 01:30 PM
Snarling Redies drops his hammer and puts his hands in the air.

distant quasar
2011-03-06, 10:30 AM
"My hands are up! My hands are up!" Troys arms are fully outstretched into the air, and he is still sitting on the ground, unable to get up without using his arms. ((6 str I have :smallfrown:))

ithildur
2011-03-06, 11:56 AM
Halamir keeps scanning the guards looking for familiar faces.

firemagehao
2011-03-08, 04:04 PM
Three familiar faces walk up to Halimir. Three guards. One pats him on the back, "good work kid. People in high places have gotten a good word about you. come. lets leave these weaklings." The guard says, as he leads Halimir out of the square.

Meanwhile, other guards lock the rest of the party up with manacles, and chain them together.

(now go, extrapolate. take it all in. You see why I bothered making no map)

distant quasar
2011-03-08, 04:46 PM
"Isn't that nice. If no one minds I'll just sing myself a little song. Mind to join me So'Tan?" he starts singing, and it's clear he doesn't know what he's doing. You just want him to stop immediately.

I'll just roll an assist check for So'Tan.
[roll0]
Any ideas on a good song to sing anyone?

troy just isn't willing to believe Halamir would betray them, and thinks it's a trick. So he's acting like he doesn't care about arrest and everything is all right.

EDITED after roll.

Hawkfrost000
2011-03-08, 08:33 PM
((what can i possibly do with a bard song?))

distant quasar
2011-03-10, 05:43 PM
((Just start singing already, I'm embarassing myself in public. We obviously aren't DM-Intended to win this one anyway))

firemagehao
2011-03-10, 09:36 PM
(Actually, I never (originally) intended for this to happen)

Hawkfrost000
2011-03-10, 10:51 PM
(Actually, I never (originally) intended for this to happen)

((Big DM tip

NEVER SAY THAT!

the job of a DM is to let the players win but never let them know that you let them win:smallwink:))

anyway So'Tan begins to sing

"Men of Five
Still alive through the raging glow
Gone insane
From the pain that they surely know

For whom the bell tolls
Time marches on
For whom the bell tolls"

distant quasar
2011-03-11, 08:41 PM
((I just did the chorus on for whom the bell tolls after he joined up. Before that, we'll say I was doing Lah-Lah-Lah!, the same not, a middle C, over and over again. :smallbiggrin: It was a seven, after all.))

Hawkfrost000
2011-03-12, 01:15 AM
So'Tan continues to sing

Take a look to the sky just before you die
It's the last time you will
Blackened roar, massive roar, fills the crumbling sky
Shattered goal fills his soul with a ruthless cry
Stranger now are his eyes to this mystery
He hears the silence so loud
Crack of dawn, all is gone except the will to be
Now they see what will be, blinded eyes to see

For whom the bell tolls
Time marches on
For whom the bell tolls

firemagehao
2011-03-12, 09:31 AM
((Big DM tip

NEVER SAY THAT!
anyway So'Tan begins to sing
[/COLOR]
(I should have said "It was brought on you by a fellow player")
In response to his singing, one of the guards beats him on the head with a club repeatedly(14 damage). They gag troy, and then beat him on the head with a club (12 damage).

Hawkfrost000
2011-03-12, 01:39 PM
((non lethal i hope? otherwise this campaign will have very short conclusion))

firemagehao
2011-03-12, 03:41 PM
(Nonlethal. post if you black out)

Hawkfrost000
2011-03-12, 11:30 PM
you have to ask?

So'Tan blacks out

distant quasar
2011-03-13, 11:03 AM
Troy blacks out, falling to the ground comically.

firemagehao
2011-03-20, 08:05 PM
you awaken later in a cell, chained to a wall.

Hawkfrost000
2011-03-20, 10:17 PM
So'Tan looks around the room, looking for any interesting features

Takes 20 on a search and a spot check

distant quasar
2011-03-21, 02:34 PM
"Well. This is just great. Exactly where I wanted to be, exactly where I had in mind as my destination after leaving the forest."

hunt11
2011-03-21, 02:42 PM
Waking up slowly Redies looked around at the cell before spiting violently at the ground. Looking back up he said quietly. "Look at the bright side, this is the most we have achieved in this wretched town, actually being arrested by the guard."

distant quasar
2011-03-21, 02:49 PM
"True, and what a fair process of law we have recieved so far too. Not to mention, my head still hurts."

firemagehao
2011-03-22, 06:11 PM
As your eyes adjust to the light, you see each other. Each of you is chained to the wall by each limb, each chain being about three feet long. The cell is about 20X20X10, with walls, ceiling, and floor all solid granite.One of the walls is missing, replaced with four inch thick metal bars, each six inches apart, spanning from floor to ceiling.

distant quasar
2011-03-24, 03:26 PM
are there any guards nearby? if so:

Troy catches the attention of one of the guards, "Hey, I was wondering: It's been awhile since we've eaten, could we by any chance be brought a meal? Or perhaps a light snack?"

if not:

Troy looks around, noticing no guards, then looks back at his comrades. "Is anyone else hungry. I'm hungry. I figure when the food comes, we try to escape. Everyone good with that? after geting a reply (assuming the concsensus is yes), he yells down the hallway,
"Hey! We sure could use some food down here you people!"

firemagehao
2011-03-27, 12:11 PM
A guard walks down the corridor, and throws a chunk of bread into the cell, just out of the reach of any of you. "Enjoy."

Hawkfrost000
2011-03-28, 01:33 PM
So'Tan walks over to the bread, pulls off one of his long traveling boots and hooks the bread over.

distant quasar
2011-03-28, 02:15 PM
((I thought we were chained to a wall unable to eat/move))

"Excuse me guard. May I ask by what rights you are holding us here? What charges are leveled against us, and why are you denying us a meal? Surely this is not the way justice is normally carried out in this city."

Hawkfrost000
2011-03-28, 03:13 PM
((we are able to move and the brad is "just out of reach" I Shula be able to get it with a thigh high boot))

firemagehao
2011-03-28, 05:02 PM
((Okay, your boot falls off))

The guard replies. "Justice... You are still young and naive. You will learn."

Hawkfrost000
2011-03-29, 01:37 AM
((WHAT????

Explain please!))

distant quasar
2011-03-29, 06:58 PM
"Perhaps you could explain justice to us then. What better way to learn than with a teacher?"

I'm pretty sure all the rolls we've ever made in this game are absolutely pointless, but here goes anyway.

firemagehao
2011-03-29, 08:28 PM
((No walking. You are chained to the wall))

"Justice is an illusion."

Noblesse
2011-03-29, 09:14 PM
(I don't know if I am chained in with them or still to a fountain or what, but wherever I am, I'm going to start re-sculpting myself, namely into a similar form, but one that is simply to thin at the neccessary parts to stay chained. Process takes a total of one hour)

Craft(sculpt) [roll0] --just determines the cosmetic likeness.
edit: make that +5, so a total of a 6. Still works... just look kinda fugly on the changed parts.

Hawkfrost000
2011-03-30, 12:29 PM
((No walking. You are chained to the wall))

"Justice is an illusion."

With three feet of slack...

Limbs are chained individually so I can walk. I can also remove the boot because the body of the boot is made of soft leather.

And what does not being able to move have to do with my boot falling off?

distant quasar
2011-03-30, 04:24 PM
"So Justice does not exist, it is just a charade to fool the citizens. What is hidden by the illusion of Justice?

((I think the DM was being funny with you Darius. your boots falls off, but you can't get the bread or put it back on. I don't think we are envisoning this situation quite the same way))

Hawkfrost000
2011-03-30, 05:36 PM
((that's not being funny, my response was clearly and logically thought out and has been further explained in further posts))

distant quasar
2011-03-31, 02:17 PM
((that's not being funny, my response was clearly and logically thought out and has been further explained in further posts))

((different people have different opinions on what is funny, ha ha, and what isn't))

firemagehao
2011-04-04, 02:10 PM
((I did make a point of saying it was out of reach. Lets just say that your boot is on, and you have no bread. Results of the sculpting will come after the conversation finishes. Ah, the blue and red mages duke it out.))

"Justice hides the ugly truth." The guard says as he walks away.

distant quasar
2011-04-04, 02:22 PM
"Justice is an illusion meant to hide the ugly truth. Nice to know. I suppose we had better make peace then. These are undoubtedly our last days alive. The gods will know we did no wrong."

Noblesse
2011-04-04, 04:44 PM
Seeing how the conversation is over since the guard left---the self-sculpt is complete.

After making sure he was no longer being watched by the guards, Ralph slides out of the manacles. "Shhh... I'm going to try to get us out of here." he whispers. He then proceeds to try to burst the chain keeping one of them to the wall. When that proved to be futile he begins to look for a large piece of wood (greatclub) while keeping sure to not be in sight of the guards.

spot check: [roll0]
search check: [roll1]

Hawkfrost000
2011-04-04, 11:24 PM
if the guard is still there:

So'Tan takes out his shortbow and shoots the guard

Justice this he hisses

((DM never said they took our weapons after all ;P ))

Hit: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

if not:

then Escape artist check

[roll2]

if he fails he takes 20 on the check

distant quasar
2011-04-05, 08:22 AM
Troy raise his eyebrows at the efforts of the others, then resigns himself to doing nothing until they prove succesful or unseccesful. If succesful, he also uses Escape Artist. If unsuccesful, he didn't do anything Mr. Guard!

firemagehao
2011-04-06, 04:18 PM
((... really... a shortbow... I thought that was a given... in that case...))
The short bow just-as-plausibly-as-you-having-it combusts before you can loose the arrow.

So'Tan's efforts are in vain as far as escape, but Ralf manages to get out of his(its?) chains.

Hawkfrost000
2011-04-06, 11:15 PM
((Dude if you dont say it, it doesnt happen. You never said that they took our weapons, therefore the did not take our weapons. Get a better head for describing events please. :smallannoyed:))

So'Tan tries to escape again

[roll0]

((ill crit eventually :smallamused:))

distant quasar
2011-04-09, 07:20 PM
"Psst, Mr Construct. Could you help us get out of these by any chance?"

Escape Artist:
[roll0]

Hawkfrost000
2011-04-10, 07:19 PM
So'Tan continues trying to escape

[roll0]

distant quasar
2011-04-11, 02:45 PM
Troy continues as well.

[roll0]

Noblesse
2011-04-11, 03:26 PM
Ralph

Aid other on Troy: [roll0]

Hawkfrost000
2011-04-11, 03:51 PM
So'Tan exhales slowly, steadying his fraying nerves.

The song maker says, "It ain't so bad"
The dream maker's gonna make you mad
The spaceman says, "Everybody look down"
It's all in your mind

the strange lyrics seem to comfort him, and his movements seem sureer and more confidant

Escape Artist: [roll0]
Circumstance bonus, just maybe?

It started with a low light
Next thing I knew they ripped me from my bed
And then they took my blood type
It left a strange impression in my head

hunt11
2011-04-11, 07:02 PM
Seeing his comrades attempt to break out Redies tries to break free of his confinement as well
Escape Artist
[roll0]

firemagehao
2011-04-12, 03:04 PM
None of you are able to escape the chains, although one or two links appear to have hairline fractures through them.