PDA

View Full Version : "How would you defend a gate?" the game?

Gandariel
2011-01-08, 07:00 PM
I accidentally bumped into these rules for the possession of kingdoms or religious orders

-Subtract 50,000 GP from your starting wealth total. You're a noble of some sort. Not a king, but you have some influence in one country. You probably have a nice mansion. Any magical enhancements or protections on this mansion still cost gold.

This requires very little explanation. You could be born into it, strong-armed your way, etc.

-Subtract 100,000 GP from your starting wealth total. You are the high priest of a small religion. The deity's actual divine rank doesn't matter, only how many worshippers it has. Your religion is relatively unknown - few have heard of your god, you only have a few temples or underground cult chapters (If a seedier religion.) You worship a weak god, an imprisoned god, an elder evil, or other obscure divine force. You have access to 40 1st level clerics, 20 3rd level clerics, 10 5th level clerics, and one 10th level cleric. In addition, you have 300 nonclerics who have 1 level in a PC class, 150 2nd level nonclerics who have 1 level in a PC class, 50 of 5th level, and 2 of 10th level.

Finally, you have 400 members of NPC classes, 90% of which are 1st level.

-Subtract 200,000 GP from your starting wealth total. You're the ruler of a small kingdom (less than 10,000 inhabitants). You have access to a military of a size you choose that cannot exceed more than 50% of the population. These are 1st level warriors, with one 5th level character per 1000 men. You may want to take the leadership feat in order to add more high-level people to your army. A general as a cohort might be a good idea. Or another PC could be your general.

You may have a castle, palace, or other royal dwelling of your choice. This is free once you buy this, but any enhancements or protections are not.

NOTE: If you take this, you're going to have to provide some explanation of your kingdom's government and how you got the kingdom. Inheritance is fine, but boring.

-Subtract 300,000 GP from your starting wealth total. You are the high priest of a medium-sized religion. Most people have probably heard of your god and probably of you too. You have access to 100 1st level clerics, 50 2nd level clerics, 25 3rd level clerics, 20 5th level clerics, and 2 10th level clerics. In addition, you have access to 200 1st level nonclerics with PC classes, 100 2nd, 25 3rd, and 5 5th.

There are 5,000 people with NPC class levels who follow your religion, and 90% of them are 1st level. You must be able to cast 8th level divine spells to take this.

-Subtract 500,000 GP from your starting wealth total. You rule a medium sized kingdom, with approximately 50,000 inhabitants. You may have a military composing no more than 45% of the population, most of them 1st level warriors with a one 5th level character per 1000 men, and one 10th level character per 5000 men. Again, consider taking leadership and explain how you got it.

NOTE: Add CRx100,000 GP if you wish to rule a kingdom of beings with a challenge rating 1 or higher. For example, if you want to rule a medium kingdom of elves, it costs 500,000 GP. If you want to rule a medium kingdom of Drow, it costs 600,000 GP.

Subtract 600,000 GP from your starting wealth. You are the high priest of a well known god. You have access to 1000 1st level clerics, 500 2nd level clerics, 500 3rd level clerics, 100 5th level clerics, 20 10th level clerics, and 3 15th level clerics. In addition, you have access to 1000 1st level nonclerics, 1000 2nd level nonclerics, 500 3rd level nonclerics, 400 fifth level nonclerics, 100 tenth level nonclerics, and 20 fifteenth level nonclerics. In addition, there are 50,000 members of NPC classes who follow your religion. You must be able to cast 9th level divine spells to take this.

OTHER ORGANIZATIONS: Basically, take the listed costs and rules for the high priest ones, change them so they read appropriately. I.E. A wizarding organization has access to wizards rather than clerics, and where it reads "noncleric" it should now read "nonwizard." You must then be able to cast 9th level arcane spells, rather than 9th level divine spells.

You cannot be the high priest of more than one religion. Being a high priest or runner of a wizarding ordrer is different from having a kingdom. Most of the clerics just run temples or secret cults, and the followers are followers of the religion, not minions. You can rally some of them together or task them with a specific mission once in awhile, but they do not solely do your building. Basically, you don't have an army, you have a support base. You may have one paladin type (Slaughter/Tyranny, Antipaladin, etc.) per 500 members of your religion. These aren't in addition to your followers, you may simply have them among your followers. These guys are your champions, and actually do do your bidding.

If you wish to create an organization that would require more modification than swapping out a few words, like a group of high-level antipaladins, you should just take the leadership feat.

And i thought: man, they could be used for the "how to protect a gate " thing!

So, i was going to propose this game:
Attacker and Defender

defender has to.. well, defend a gate, while attacker wants to seize it
(for flavor, you can't destroy the gate, it would be a draw)

defender gets one of the spoilered things (if he wants)
attacker will have more power (ie level or money) than defender (still to establish how much)
defender will have about 1 year to prepare his defence
we suppose attacker knows of the gate

anybody up for it? i'm no real expert, i don't know what does it take to make it an "even" fight

Dr.Epic
2011-01-08, 07:21 PM
This looks like it belongs in the recruitment or SMBG section.

Gandariel
2011-01-08, 07:33 PM
Smbg.....?

Dr.Epic
2011-01-08, 11:00 PM
Smbg.....?

Silly Message Board Games

Kish
2011-01-09, 12:30 PM
I'd say it belongs here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50).

Dr.Epic
2011-01-09, 03:10 PM
I'd say it belongs here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50).

Technically that's under SMBG.