PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Help with a beguiler build

Trayan
2011-01-09, 12:09 AM
I am working on a build for an upcoming 3.5 game. Other party members are: a cleric/wizard/mystic theurge, a paladin, a bard, and a druid. I am planning to start with the beguiler class. We will be playing in Eberron.
The DM will allow me to take a 1 level dip in mindbender, and I can take shadowcraft mage (and I don't have to play a gnome to take it). However, I can't take the mindsight feat.
So, given that I can play any race and take shadowcraft mage, I'm looking for ideas on which race to choose, and other ideas for class and feat build. I will most likely be the face of the party, as well as the fill-in for a rogue (2 good reasons that I want to go with beguiler).
I'm currently considering playing a human, and putting together a build with beguiler/human paragon/mindbender/shadowcraft mage. (Is the mindbender level still worth it without mindsight?)
However, I'm still working on the build, so any thoughts or ideas would be much appreciated. (I think almost anything from any 3.5 source book will be allowed).
Thanks

gorfnab
2011-01-09, 01:58 AM
First:
Beguiler Handbook (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=2322.0)
Shadowcraft Mage Handbook (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=5638.0)

Second: I see you're playing in Eberron, is material from Forgotten Realms books usable?

Third: Without Mindsight Mindbender becomes sort of meh and also consider that Intimidate is a cross class skill.

Fourth: How about Beguiler 1/ Human Paragon 3/ Beguiler 6/ Shadowcraft Mage 5/ Nightmare Spinner 5?

Trayan
2011-01-09, 02:49 AM
Thank you for the tips. I've been digging through the Beguiler and Shadowcraft mage handbooks for a while now. I feel like the Shadowcraft mage info is rather lacking when it comes to my particular situation (being able to play a shadowcraft mage without being or emulating a gnome).
I'll have to find out about Forgotten Realms material.
That class build looks pretty solid. I forgot about Nightmare Spinner, that is a nice addition.