PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Jimmy Page!

grimbold
2011-01-09, 05:58 AM
Today we celebrate the 67th birthday of rock's greatest guitarist! All Hail Jimmy Page!!!!

Moff Chumley
2011-01-09, 01:07 PM
Happy birthday, Jimmy. Maybe some day you'll be in the same ballpark as Adrian Belew, Jeff Beck, Robert Fripp, Frank Zappa, Omar Rodriquez-Lopez...

I got more. :smalltongue:

grimbold
2011-01-09, 03:00 PM
Happy birthday, Jimmy. Maybe some day you'll be in the same ballpark as Adrian Belew, Jeff Beck, Robert Fripp, Frank Zappa, Omar Rodriquez-Lopez...

I got more. :smalltongue:

you mean he will lose his skill? Never!

RebelRogue
2011-01-09, 06:45 PM
Jimmy is in the same ballpark as those, for sure (all great musicians, though, and I've got more too)! I'm sure they'd all agree to that! A huge influence on me in my own formative years as a guitarist. Happy birthday to Mr. Page, indeed :smallcool:

AshDesert
2011-01-09, 09:53 PM
Jimmy is in the same ballpark as those, for sure (all great musicians, though, and I've got more too)! I'm sure they'd all agree to that!

Agreed. It seems that it's only the fans who talk about who's better than who. Happy Birthday Mr. Page.

Moff Chumley
2011-01-09, 10:59 PM
Well, I know Robert Fripp's talked about it, pretty infamously...

RebelRogue
2011-01-10, 08:44 AM
Well, I know Robert Fripp's talked about it, pretty infamously...
Really? I thought he'd be classier about stuff like that. Oh, well, I'm a big fan of the works of both, but comparing them is sort of like the infamous apples and oranges. So different styles, but both made sublime stuff that changed the face of rock music.

grimbold
2011-01-10, 12:57 PM
Really? I thought he'd be classier about stuff like that. Oh, well, I'm a big fan of the works of both, but comparing them is sort of like the infamous apples and oranges. So different styles, but both made sublime stuff that changed the face of rock music.
for me he's up there with the beatles as a revolutionary, remember he was with the yardbirds for a while and they kind of invented heavy rock

Moff Chumley
2011-01-10, 11:27 PM
Fripp was rather tasteless about that kinda thing. :smalltongue: