PDA

View Full Version : Would appreciate tips for a cleric punchingbag

Karuth
2011-01-09, 02:35 PM
In a rather random group (with random I mean I play in a club and players on a given evening can fluctuate a lot) I decided to play a Clerik. Everyone likes the healer right? ^^
Due to the above reasons, the team acts rather uncoordinated at times and I found myself rather often at the front line and thus built him in the direction of meatshield/punchingbag who can take whatever anyone throws at him (sacrificing offence).

He is:
Human 12th level
Level 9 Clerik
Level 3 Survivor

Feats so far: Run, Endurance, Die Hard, Combat Casting, Divine Armor, Persistant Refusal.
I also have Enduring life and Lasting life (from Survivor since I got Endurance and Die Hard a second time)

I plan on finishing Survivor (2 more levels for more awesome defense abilities ^^) But from then on I am open. I could just take more Clerik levels, but I'd prefer something that continues the Defense/Supporter Role but also raises my diving casting.

Also if you know any nice feats that can make me even more resistant/give more damage reduction, etc. I would be glad to hear your ideas.

Edition is 3.5
The setting is Fearun (sort of, since the DMs switch too it's not purely a single setting but more a mixture... but mainly Fearun ^^)

Thank you :)

Vulaas
2011-01-09, 03:32 PM
My honest recommendation would be to skip the rest of Survivor and take more levels of cleric, or some divine advancing PRC that you qualify for. The abilities do look good on paper, but those extra 2 levels give you an extra spell level instead if they are taken in cleric, and that extra casting ability can give you defensive (and offensive) capabilities beyond what the Survivor could possibly be offering.

Karuth
2011-01-09, 04:21 PM
I know straight cleric would have been stronger. And I know Survivor is not that strong of a class. It simply fit well into the story (there was anohter Survivor who had made a lasting impression on him and so he started to be his aprentice) and it fit to the playing style I had developed.

So the Survivor levels will be taken definitely. Sorry, if I made it sound like that is something I was pondering.

Grelna the Blue
2011-01-09, 05:31 PM
What domains does your god have?

Karuth
2011-01-09, 06:06 PM
What domains does your god have?

Darkness and Artifice

And he is technically not devoted to a particular god (even though that's not allowed in Fearun).He basically worhsips alcohol and art ;)
There was an accident that gave him the darkness domain (and cost him an arm). One of the domain spells is custom, allowing him to grow a shadow arm to replace the lost one.