PDA

View Full Version : [3.5 Base Class] The Gifted. (WIP) [PEACH!]

Cadian 9th
2011-01-09, 08:06 PM
I've been going through the X-men comics and movies recently, and I really love the idea of " Mutations. " Furthermore, I've always wanted to play a gifted version of a character, like an X-man, but it's not really possible - there's only the Vile feats that change ability scores and give extra reach, and Abberant feats can give you extra reach, a bit of flight and more.

But there's no bonuses to ability scores, telepathy, telekenisis, shape shifting, supernatural awareness (really, even Monk doesn't come close), large healing factors, and more. Furthermore, they all take up class levels, feat slots. Sure, I could add templates, but I can't pick and choose, I can't use them sometimes, and the abilities they give aren't always what I want. Templates also often are hugely overpriced for what you want... For crying out loud, I just want +4 Dex and Str, not to be a Half-fiend!

So I thought about this class. Initially I called it the Mutant, but I realized that this class could represent more than that: It could represent divine gifts, spelltouched effects, corruption effects, exposure to radiation :smallbiggrin:

So without any more preamble, here is the class. Please tell me what you think, and how I can improve it - I want your suggestions for abilities! Have I missed out an ability you've always wanted?

The Gifted

Watch this.

A Gifted is a character who, through some quirk of fate, cosmic force or mutation, has acquired gifts above and beyond members of their race. The Gifted all have some abilities, great or small, and some have certain weaknesses, though the ones with weaknesses are often stronger in some way than others.

Adventurers: A Gifted character adventures for the same reasons as an adventurer of her actual class would. However, some Gifted characters adventure on the whim or seeking out the source of their gift, looking for answers as to why they are different.
Characteristics: Gifted characters possess extraordinary abilities that set them apart from their fellows - this extends to other Gifted creatures in the world. Each Gifted brings different benefits (and drawbacks) to the party they join, depending on what gifts and flaws they have.
Religion and Background: As Gifted come from any race, and each Gifted is different, there is no common religion, culture or background for the Gifted.
Races: Any individual of any race may become gifted.
Other Classes: The Gifted associates with other races as her real Class provides.
Role: A Gifted Character's role depends on her real class.
Alignment: A Gifted can be of any alignment.

Game Rule Information
Abilities: See the Gifted Characters real class. However, every Gifted Character benefits from a high constitution score, granting important hit points, and a good intelligence score, to expand the character's versatility. A good charisma score also helps the character exist in a society where they are different.
Alignment: Any.
Hit Dice: d8.

Class Skills
A Gifted character selects any 8 skills that are not Trained Only to be class skills. Knowledge Skills are the exception to this rule, and can always be chosen as class skills.
Skill points at 1st level: (2 + Intelligence Modifier)x4;
Skill points at each Additional Level: 2 + Intelligence Modifier.

//Table to come. Gifted have poor base attack and no good saves.

Class Features
The following are Class features of the Gifted class.
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A Gifted is proficient with all simple weapons and light armors.

Race: Class levels gained in the Gifted Class are counted as Racial Hit Dice for effects that depend on Hit Dice. The type is considered the same as the Character's Race, ableit using the statistics given here. All abilities and class features granted by the Gifted class are considered Racial abilities and Features unless noted otherwise, and are all considered Extraordinary abilities unless noted otherwise. The Gifted gains the Augmented Subtype, and forms of the Gifted Character cannot be assumed unless the spell or effect allows forms which have been modified by a template and have the Augmented subtype.

A Character is advised to have no more than 10 levels in the Gifted class, due to the poor scaling of abilities. The option is there, however.

Abilities
At each level, the Gifted selects an Ability. The Gifted Character may select the same ability twice - if so, the Gifted gains the benefit of the next level of that ability. Each Ability provides some kind of benefit or ability that enhances the Gifted Character. Continued focus on one ability grants higher degrees of enhancement, making the Gifted Character Exemplify that gift.

Flaws
At 1st level, the Gifted may select one or more flaws, up to a maximum of 3. Each flaw selected imposes some disadvantage on the character, but allows the selection of another ability each level for each flaw the character has. You cannot select a flaw that contradicts an Ability you have, for example, you may not select the Weak flaw if you have the Tough ability.

Multiclassing
A Character can enter this class at any level, however, once they stop taking levels in this class they may not return and take furtherlevels. Furthermore, the Gifted class is always an additional favored Class for a character who takes a level in it.

Abilities

{table]Adaptability|You are skillful.
Agility|Speed increases, Natural Agility, 10ft steps...
Alertness|You are always aware.
Armored|Things bounce off your skin!
Battle|You were born for war!
Chameleonic|You can blend into thin air.
Dextrous|Bonuses to Dex, dex checks, good reflexes
Empathic|You can calm emotions and read emotions, even those over an hour ago.
Energy Manipulator|You manipulate an element, at first using existing, then create your own.
Enervation|You drain life force and abilities from creatures.
Evasive|You're very hard to hit.
Feral|Animalistic Traits make you feral and deadly.
Healer|You can heal others pain.
Healing Factor|Your body heals very, very quickly.
Illusionist|You mess with people's minds.
Intelligent|You're a genius.
Mimic|You can mimic anything.
Monstrous|You possess some monstrous features, from claws to a tail.
Perceptive|If you had a teenage child, they would hate you.
Quick|Very fast moving.
Regeneration|You can regrow limbs and regenerate injuries.
Shapeshifting|You can assume many forms, though the wounds remain...
Size|You are big. Very big.
Stealthy|I rolled a 1. But I got a 37.
Strong|I have muscles that are bigger than your whole body. HULK SMASH.
Telepathy|Yo dawg. I heard you like... OH YOU HAVE A SICK MIND.
Telekenisis, Manipulative|Getting up for coffee is for weaklings.
Telekenisis, Destructive|Flip cars and throw huge rocks at people.
Tough|I play heavy metal, while riding a flaming huge skeletal nightmare. My name is Johny Bravo.
Void|You are a miniature black hole. Your paperwork quite literally gets lost in a black hole.[/table]

Flaws

{table]Absent Minded|Where did I put my bat dung? Drat, no fireball.
Apathy|You are devoid of emotion and empathy, making you very uncomfortable to be around.
Amnesia|You forget things, like skill points and what have you. What level are you again?
Bestial|The beast within doesn't act civilized.
Broken|Your mind is broken, making you weak willed and vulnerable to fear and pain.
Blind|You are blind as a bat, except with the blindsight.
Deaf|You can't hear anything...
Crippled|You are seriously useless at anything physical.
Dull|You are devoid of charisma and no-one wants to help you.
Feeble|You are reliant on others to keep you alive.
Mute|You can't communicate.
Weak|You can't take a hit.
Slow|Like a tortoise, except without the massive shell to make up for it.
Stupid|Dumb as a post fighter taken to a whole new level.
Wrong|Something just hits people as wrong... Like, reverse pherenomes, so people have the sudden urge to hit you. You cause extreme anger for no real reason...[/table]

Adaptability

" If anyone can do it, I can. "

1st: You receive +2 Skill points per level, an Extra Favored Class. Designate 4 skills: These skills are always class skills for whichever class you take.
2nd: Bonus Feat.
3rd: You receive another +1 Skill point per level, another Favored Class. You receive Able Learner as a bonus feat even if you do not meet the pre-requisites.
4th: Bonus feat.
5th: Additional +1 Skill point per level, and another Favored Class. You receive a +2 competence bonus on every ability check you make.

Agility

" Jee, you're slow! "

1st: +10 ft speed, +2 on Balance checks. You receive Expeditious Dodge as a bonus feat without meeting the prerequisites.
2nd: +2 on dexterity checks, +2 dodge bonus to AC if you move 10ft in a turn. You can charge in a crooked line, and make 5ft steps in all terrains.
3rd: +10ft speed, +2 on reflex saves if you move 10ft in a turn. You can move 3/4 your speed through terrain that would reduce your movement, instead of 1/2.
4th: +2 on dexterity checks, +2 dodge bonus to AC if you move 10 ft in a turn (Stacks with 2nd level benefit), You may add your dexterity modifier in place of your strength modifier to Climb and Jump checks.
5th: +10 ft sped, +2 on reflex saves if you move 10 ft in a turn (stacks with 3rd level benefit), You may make 10ft steps instead of 5ft steps.

Alertness

" Did you feel that? 4 Whisper gnome warlocks... There! FIRE! "

1st: You receive Alertness as a bonus feat. You also gain a +2 bonus on spot and listen checks, and receive the Elf ability to notice secret doors, as well as the Dwarven stonecunning Ability.
2nd: +2 to Initiative checks, +2 on spot and listen checks. In addition, you are always aware of creatures within a number of squares equal to double your wisdom modifier - this sense does not allow you to pinpoint the location, just the general direction (North, south, east and west). It doesn't allow you to discern anything else other than a "sense" that something is there. This is mainly useful in detecting the presence of a hiding creature or ambush.
3rd: +2 to Initiative, Listen and Spot checks. You receive Blind Fight as a bonus feat.
4th: +2 to Initiative, Listen and Spot checks. Uncanny Dodge, as Barbarian. Finally, you receive Blindsense out to 20ft.
5th: +2 to Initiative, Listen and Spot checks. You receive the Quick Reconnoiter feat as a bonus feat, and your blindsense improves to 30ft.

Armored

Ping, Ping

1st: You develop armor plates that provide a +3 Natural bonus to AC. Alternatively, you may accept a -5 ft penalty to you base speed in order to increase this AC to +5. Regardless, you receive DR 2/-.
2nd: Your natural armor improves to +5/+7 if you took the -5 ft speed penalty. Your damage reduction improves by 2 points.
3rd: Natural armor improves to +7/+9, and DR improves by 2 points.
4th: Natural armor improves to +10/+12 and DR improves by 2 points. Additionally, your armored body's DR improves by 5 points when faced with a specific mundane weapon type (Bludgeoning, Slashing, Piercing).
5th: Natural armor bonus improves to +12/+14 and DR Improves to DR 10/-. Your DR improves by 5 points against a specific weapon damage type (Bludgeoning, Slashing or Piercing)

Battle

" I am a SEXY, SHOELESS, GOD OF WAR! "

1st: You gain full base attack for these Class levels, Proficiency with Martial weapons, and a Fighter bonus feat. You also gain a +2 bonus on Initiative checks.
2nd: You gain another Fighter bonus feat, and +2 on all opposed checks.
3rd: You gain either Mettle or the Uncanny Dodge ability, as well as a +2 bonus on all initiative checks, stacking with level 1's benefit.
4th: You gain a fighter bonus feat, and your bonus on opposed checks improves to +4.
5th: You gain the Uncanny Dodge ability. As usual, if you already have Uncanny Dodge, you gain Improved Uncanny Dodge. If you already have Improved Uncanny Dodge, you gain a +3 dodge bonus to AC and a +2 bonus on reflex saves.

Chameleonic

" Now you see me, now you don't. "

1st: As a full round action, you can gain a +6 bonus on hide checks until you move in any way. You also gain the Hide in Plain Sight ability, so long as you are within 5ft of some kind of backdrop or background. This Hide in Plain Sight ability ceases to function if you move from your original position. Creatures within 10ft of you receive a +4 bonus on their spot check to see you. A mass of particles, such as dust, or if you are underwater, grants observers a cumulative +6 bonus to spot you.
2nd: As a standard action, you can gain a +4 bonus on hide checks. Your Hide in Plain Sight ability improves: you can be within 10ft of a background and you can move up to a quarter of your speed without losing the ability. Creatures within 10ft only receive a +2 bonus on their spot check, and they only receive a +4 bonus on their spot check if you are in a mass of particles or underwater.
3rd: As a move action, you can gain a +4 chameleon bonus to Hide checks. Hide in plain sight improves to granting no bonus on spot checks when a creature is within 10ft, and only a +2 bonus on their check if you are underwater or in a mass of particles. You may move up to half your speed without losing your ability.
4th: As a swift action, you can gain a +4 chameleon bonus to Hide checks. Hide in plain sight no longer grants observers any bonus on their spot checks.
5th: As an immediate action, you can gain a +4 chameleon bonus to Hide checks. Your Hide in Plain sight ability improves to within 15ft of a backdrop or background.

Dextrous

" Sigh, so slow and clumsy... Watch this, when you slowpokes react to what I just said! "

1st: You gain a +2 racial bonus to dexterity. You also gain the Slight Build ability.
2nd: You gain a +2 bonus on all dexterity based skill checks and ability checks, including initiative. You may use Dexterity instead of Strength on skill checks.
3rd: You gain a +2 racial bonus to dexterity. You gain a +2 bonus on reflex saves.
4th: Your bonus on Dexterity based skill and ability checks improves to +4. You may use your dexterity modifier in place of your stength modifier on strength checks.
5th: You gain a +2 racial bonus to dexterity, and your bonus on reflex saves improves to +4.

Empathic

" This crime scene reeks of anger and conflict... This was no suicide. "

1st: You gain the Empathy ability, which works like Wild Empathy except that it works on all creatures. In place of your druid level you use your HD total. You suffer a -4 penalty on Empathy checks to influence creatures who are not the same species as you. As an additional benefit, you gain a +2 bonus on sense motive checks per level in this ability you have.
2nd: As a full round action, you can use a Calm Emotions effect as an Extraordinary Ability. The Save DC against this effect is 10+1/2 Your Other HD+Your levels in this class+Your charisma modifier. You can read emotions on a creature as a DC 15+that creature's bluff check modifier Sense Motive check. The check will reveal the emotions the target has felt in the recent time period (1 minute) up to what it is feeling now.
3rd: You can target a single creature with a Calm Emotions effect as a extraordinary ability used as a standard action. The DC against this effect is 15+1/2 Your HD+Your charisma modifier. Additionally, you can read Emotions on an area as a DC 20+5/hour that has elapsed, rounding up Sense Motive Check. This reveals the Strong Emotions that were felt in the past hour and all emotions up to the last 10 minutes.
4th: You can target a single creature with Calm Emotions as a move action instead of a standard action. You can read emotions in an area, Strong Emotions, 5 hours ago, and weaker up to the last hour.
5th: You can make a Suggestion (as the spell) to a creature as a standard action extraordinary ability. This ability has a DC equal to 10+1/2 your HD+Your charisma modifier. You can now read Emotions in an area as follows: Strong emotions, 24 hours ago, weaker, Last 5 hours.

Energy Manipulator
Enervation

Evasive

" Dodge, Dodge, Dodge, SNEAK ATTACK, Dodge, Dodge... "

1st: You gain a +2 dodge bonus to AC, a +2 bonus on Reflex saves. You gain a +4 evasion bonus to AC when you use the Total defence action.
2nd: You gain Evasion. Furthermore, your reflex save and Dodge bonus improves to +3, And you gain a +2 bonus on Escape Artist checks.
3rd: Reflex and Dodge bonus become +4. Creature who target you always have 10% miss chance as long as you are aware of an attack.
4th: Reflex and Dodge bonuses become +5. Miss chance improves to 15%. Your bonus on Escape Artist checks improves to +4.
5th: Reflex and Dodge bonuses become +6. As a standard action, you can activate a Freedom of Movement effect that lasts for the rest of your turn.

Feral
Healer
Healing Factor

" No matter how many blows Jim took, he always seemed to get back up... Lucky Jim we called him... "

1st: You have Fast Healing 2. Additionally, you receive a +2 bonus on fortitude saves against massive damage.
2nd: Your Fast Healing improves to 3, and you recover 1 point in a damaged ability score per round.
3rd: Fast Healing improves to 4, and you now recover 2 points of ability damage per round. Additionally, you recover 1/2 a negative level each round.
4th: You improve to Fast Healing 5, and now recover 3 points of ability damage per round and 1 negative level per round.
5th: Your Fast Healing improves to 6, and you recover 4 points of ability damage per round, and heal 2 negative levels per round. Once you achieve adulthood, Plus 1/10th of your race's normal life span, you can no longer age. Bonuses still acurre, but they stop at venerable. You can not die of old age. To quantify this, you "heal" years at a rate of 10 per round until you return to your normal age. This mean if you are magically aged the effect will still work but it is likely you will regenerate back before your time is up.

Illusionist

Intelligent

" According to my calculations... "

1st: You gain +2 racial bonus to Intelligence.
2nd: You gain a +2 bonus on all Intelligence based skill and ability checks. You gain +1 Skill point per level, starting now.
3rd: You gain another +2 racial bonus to Intelligence, and a +2 bonus on saves against Illusion (Glamer) effects.
4th: Your bonus on Intelligence based checks improves to +4. You may substitute your intelligence modifier for your strength modifier when making strength ability or skill checks.
5th: You gain another +2 racial bonus to bonus to Intelligence. You may substitute your intelligence modifier for your dexterity modifier when making dexterity based skill and ability checks.

Mimic

Monstrous

" Rawr! "

Natural Weapons

1st: You gain one of the following:
2 Claw attacks dealing d6 damage if you're medium.
A slam attack dealing d3 damage if you're medium
Scent,
2nd: Damage dice size increases by 1. Your weapons are counted as magical for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.
3rd: Damage dice size increases by 1. You gain Multi-Attack as a bonus feat even if you don't meet the prerequisites.
4th: Damage dice size increases by 1 and your natural weapons are counted as aligned, adamantine strikes for the purpose of overcoming damage reduciton. You gain a +1 enhancement bonus on attack and damage rolls with your natural weapon for every 4 character levels you have.
5th: Damage dice size increases by 1 and your natural weapons can make an extra attack on the full attack action.

The benefits of this ability only apply to the natural weapons gained through this ability.

Poison

1st: Choose a delivery method: Contact (DC 6+1/2 HD+Con Mod), Injury (DC 12+1/2 HD+Con Mod), Inhaled (DC 5+1/2 HD+Con mod) or ingested (DC 15+1/2 HD+Con mod). The poison has that delivery method, and deals one of the following effects. As you gain levels in this posion ability, the damage increases and the effects increase. You can choose d8 poison damage, d3 Ability damage, or Stunning 1 round (-2 DC), or sleep 1d3 rounds (-3 DC).
2nd:d10 poison damage, d4 ability damage, Stunning 1d3 rounds, sleep 1d6 rounds.
3rd: DC +1, 2d6 poison damage, d4 ability damage to 2 ability scores, stunning improves to Paralysis 1 round, stunning 1d3 rounds after that, sleep improves to 2d4 rounds.
4th: 2d8 poison damage, d6 ability damage to 2 ability scores, Paralysis 1d3 rounds then stunning 1d3 rounds after that, Sleep 2d6 rounds.
5th: DC +1, 3d6 poison damage, 2d4 ability damage to 2 ability scores, paralysis 1d4 rounds then stunning 1d6 rounds, sleep 3d6 rounds.

Senses

1st:LLV, DV +30ft, Alertness bonus feat.
2nd: DV +10ft, +2 on listen and spot.
3rd: DV +10ft, Blindsense +10ft, Superior Low Light Vision
4th: DV +10ft, Blindsense +10ft, Further +2 on listen and spot.
5th: DV +10ft, Blindsense +10ft, Additional +2 on listen and spot.

Tracker

1st: Scent and Track bonus feat , LLV.
2nd: +2 on survival checks, +10 ft movement, +10ft DV,
3rd: Endurance bonus feat, Further +2 on survival checks, +10ft DV, Blindsense +10ft.
4th: Further +2 on survival checks, Alertness as a bonus feat, +10 ft DV and +10ft Blindsense, Woodland Stride (As Druid)
5th: Additional +2 on survival checks, +2 on spot and Listen checks, +10 ft DV, +10 ft blindsense, Swift Tracker (As Ranger).

Perceptive
Quick: Coming soon.

Regeneration
Shapeshifting

" I can be your worst nightmare... or your wildest dream. " (Suggestions?)

1st: You can invoke a disguise self effect that lasts indefinitely. Injuries you sustained while in a form remain, and your blood is the same color. Shifting in this way requires 3 rounds of concentrating, and allows you to perfectly mimic the desired form. You gain a +2 bonus on Disguise checks.
2nd: Your shifting ability improves to an Alter Self effect, that requires 2 rounds on concentration to change form. Your bonus on Disguise checks improves to +4.
3rd: Your shifting ability improves to an alternate form effect, and requires a full round to take effect. Your bonus on disguise checks improves to +6. The limit on the HD of the form is equal to your HD, or your ranks in disguise, whichever is lower...
4th: Your shifting ability improves to alllow you to use the special attacks of your form wether they be extraordinary or supernatural, but not spell like abilities. Disguise bonus improves to +8.
5th: Shifting improves to allowing you to assume the special qualities of your form if they are extraordinary or supernatural. Your bonus on disguise checks improves to +10.

Size
Stealthy

Strong

" HEAR ME SMASH! "

1st: You gain a +2 bonus to Strength.
2nd: You gain a +2 bonus on all opposed rolls you make. You also gain a +2 bonus on all strength based ability and skill checks.
3rd: You gain a further +2 bonus to Strength. You gain a +1 bonus on Fortitude saves.
4th: Your bonus on opposed rolls, strength based skill and ability checks improves to +4 and your +1 bonus on fort save improves to +2.
5th: You gain an additional +2 bonus to strength. You gain a bonus on damage rolls equal to 1/2 your HD.

Telepathy

1st: Telepathy, 30ft, one way only, words only.
2nd: Telepathy, 40ft, two ways, words only, non-hostile unaware targets.
3rd: Telepathy, 50ft, images.
4th: Telepathy, 80ft, sounds, hostile targets (Will save DC 10+1/2 HD+Cha or Int modifier);
5th: Telepathy, 100ft, emotions, feelings and pain. (Non-lethal damage = to concentration check result, less 10, will save DC 10+1/2 HD+Cha/int modifier for half damage. Done to a single target as a Standard action, spread out damage (to unlimited targets) as a full round action) Also, you are able to stun a target with telepathic force for 1 round. This is a full round action and allows a will save to negate. The will save DC is your concentration check result, less 10. This is a mind affecting ability. You must make concentration checks if disrupted to use either of these abilities, DC calculated as if Stunning and Damage dealing were 10th level spells. You cannot use these abilities defensively, but they do not provoke AOOs, unless the creature in position to make the AOO is being targeted by the stunning or the damage.

Note: Telepathy is not detectable, even the damage dealing ability. Telepathic contact is always a free action, like talking. The targets are communicated with as if they were speaking (For talking, not images, sounds.). By bluffing vs the target's sense motive, where the target may add their will save bonus (plus any save bonuses they have against mind affecting/Illusion) to the sense motive and you may add half your concentration modifier. If you win, the subject believes that the pain felt, feelings felt and words spoken are their own. Otherwise, they become aware of your attempts.

A sleeping or unconscious target doesn't receive a save against unwanted telepathic contact (see level 4)

Telekinesis, Manipulative

1st: Telekinesis, always, at will. Strength score equal to 1/2 Int or Cha score, Dexterity score equal to 1/4 Int or Cha + 1/4 Dex score.
2nd: Telekinesis, strength 2/3 Int or Cha score, dexterity 1/3 Int or Cha + 1/3 Dex score. Use strength and dexterity based skills (Use rope, etc) through telekinesis, ableit with +5 to the DC required. 2 Objects, assuming concentration checks: DC = 10+Strength required, and raising DC of skill checks and dexterity checks by 5.
3rd: Telekinesis, strength 3/4 Int or Cha score, dexterity 1/2 Int or Cha score + 1/2 Dex score. 3 objects, assuming concentration checks: DC 10+Number of objects manipulated x 5, raising the Dc of skill checks or dexterity checks by 5 per additional object.
4th: Telekinesis, strength Int or Cha score, dexterity score 3/4 Int + 3/4 Dex score. 4 objects, as above.
5th: Telekinesis, Strength twice Int or Cha score, dexterity score Int or Cha score + Dexterity score. Unlimited objects, as above.

Telekinesis: This refers to the ability to move objects using the power of your mind. At each level, a strength score is given (A formula relating to your intelligence or charisma score). You may manipulate an object weighing up to what that strength score could lift overhead. You can do this at will, but to do things with it requires actions.

You can manipulate an object a number of squares away equal to your concentration check result made. You may take 10 on this check, and you may take 20 provided a full round action. Once you have established a hold, you are able to maintain it until you are somehow distracted or choose to drop it.

For actions, you may manipulate the object as if it were your own hands, allowing you to use skills such as disable device, open lock or even craft skills. You may move the object a number of squares equal to your effective telekinetic dexterity score as a Move action. As a standard action, you can grapple and deal constriction damage. Your grapple check modifier is based on your Base attack bonus+your effective telekinetic strength score. You deal damage equal to your concentration check result when maintaining a grapple, lethal damage.

You may attack with the object, requiring a concentration check (DC = 10+(Object's Weight divided by 10)). It uses an attack bonus calculated from your own Base attack Bonus + any other bonuses you would have to attack rolls, except for a strength modifier/ability modifier used in place of strength to melee attack rolls + that telekinetic strength modifier. As an attack action, this has all the relevant downsides and advantages. This attack can be made on an AOO, but it will count towards your AOO allowance for that turn.

You can also throw the object, using it as a thrown weapon as normal, but of course your dexterity score is the force's dex and your strength is the force's strength score. This is of course an attack action, and you can make multiple attacks as a full attack action.

Using Telekinesis in this way is liable to disruption by an opponent. While it does not provoke attacks of opportunity, treat its use as a Level 10 spell for the purpose of calculating concentration DCs.

Telekenisis, Destructive

1st: Standard action: Force blast 1d6/4 HD, Minimum 1d6, 30ft range, Reflex DC 10+1/2 HD+ Int or Cha modifier halves. Full round action: Bull rush, 30ft attack, Concentration check as check result.
2nd: Force blast 1d8/4 HD, Minimum 1d8, 40ft range, Reflex halves (DC as above). Bull rush, 40ft attack, Concentration result + Int or Cha modifier as check result.
3rd: Force blast 1d10/4 HD, Minimum 1d10, 50ft range, reflex half, as above. Bull Rush 50ft attack, as above. Shatter objects, dealing damage equal to HDxCha or Int modifier as a concentration check with a DC equal to 10+Hardness.
4th: Force blast improves to 2d6/4 HD, 60ft range, Reflex half. Bull rush improves to 60ft, as a standard action. Shatter objects dealing damage equal to HDX(Int or Cha modifierX1.5).
5th: Force blast improves to 2d8/4 HD, 60ft range, Reflex half, DC +2. Bull rush improves to Range 80ft, and shatter improves to double int or cha modifier, multiplied by HD.

Tough

" I put out flames with my bare hands. "

1st: You gain a +2 bonus to Constitution.
2nd: You gain +1 Hp/level.
3rd: You gain a +2 bonus to Constitution, and +1 on Fortitude saves.
4th: You can add your Constitution modifier to all opposed checks you make, bringing your endurance into combat. You gain +1 hp/2 levels you have.
5th: You gain a further +2 bonus to Constitution, and your bonus on fortitude save improves to +2.

Void

1st: Once someone starts affecting you with power, it's difficult to stop. Whenever you are specifically one of the targets of a spell, spell like ability, supernatural ability, psionic power or other effect that involves expenditure of energy (Such as healing touches, or an energy aura), the effector must make a will save (DC = 10+1/2 your HD+1/2 your levels in this ability+your charisma modifier) or forge a conduit to you, where their energy is being sucked from them.

Each round on their turn, they must make a will save (DC = 10+1/2 your HD+1/2 your levels in this ability+your charisma modifier), or lose a single, randomly determined 1d2/5 HD levels of spells (Randomly select a spell to be drained. A spell that has a level greater than the levels lost that is picked is treated as 1 spell level lower (The caster level decreases to the minimum required to cast that spell for that character) for each slot drained from it) if casting spells started the link or 1d3/ 5 HD power points if manifesting a power started the link. If the creature has no spells, or no power points, then they will lose spells or power points, if they have either.

If a creature forged the link by using a supernatural, spell like or other ability, then they must make a will save (DC = 10+1/2 your HD+1/2 your levels in this ability+your charisma modifier) or lose 1 use of that ability that they would have that day remaining. If it's an at will ability, you impose a 1/5 HD round cooldown on it's use, increasing for every round that you are draining.

Once either of the above are complete, you will drain their spells, power points, or other things as above. Once they have no power points, spells, uses per day remaining and have a 4 round cooldown on any at will ability, you start draining vitality. For each round you drain, you bestow 1 point of ability damage to their charisma score.

If the creature passes the will save for 2 consecutive rounds, they break the link.

2nd: You drain 1d4/5 HD levels of spells or 1d6/5 HD power points, or impose a two round/ 5 HD cooldown, each corresponding with the 1st level version of this ability. Finally, when they have lost all spells, power points and have a 4 round cooldown on all at will abilities, you drain 1 charisma, and 1/2 a point of constitution.

Your touch drains energy from existing effects, now. Any spell, spell like ability, psionic power, supernatural ability that is present in your square starts to ebb away. Each round at the start of your turn, you drain d3/5HD levels away from the effects effective level, and the caster level reduces to the minimum required for that ability, or by twice the level reduction otherwise. This will affect numeric effects and other variables, as well as how easy the effect is to dispel or negate with spell resistance. Once the effects level or caster level is reduced to below 0, it is ended. If the effect is over a larger area, you only affect the square you are in as well as all adjacent squares. This means that spells cast on you will ebb away at the start of your turn.

For example, a wall of fire which you stand in will have itself reduced by d3 spell levels, and the caster level will be set acordingly. This ability will also affect an aura, such as a Devil's fear aura.

This doesn't affect magic items unless they create a spell effect. Regardless, Magic Items that target you are too strongly made right now for you to drain, yet the effects created can be drained.

3rd: Spell drain, 1d6/5 HD levels, 2d4/5 HD power points, and a 3 rounds/5 HD cooldown on at will abilities. You then drain 1 Charisma, and 1 Constitution.

You now drain d4/5 HD levels away from effects in your area.

Your Void'ness increases to now affect weak magic items. Each round a magic item is in your space, it must make a Caster Level check vs a DC of 5+1/2 your HD+1/2 your levels in this ability+your Charisma modifier or lose 1 caster level/5 HD you have. If this reduces the caster level to one insufficient to create the item, the item still functions, except that it operates at the lower caster level. For example, a wand of fire ball (CL 5th) reduces to CL 4 deals 4d6 damage instead of 5d6 damage. Magic Weapons and Armor lose one +1 bonus per 3 caster levels lost.

A character with the relevant Item creation feat can repair the item, spending experience points equal to 1/50th of the total market price*percentage of caster levels lost to normal caster level, as well as 1/4 of the total market price*the same percentage in gold pieces. It costs less since the magic is still there, just drained of energy.

E.g, a scroll of fire ball, normally CL 10th, has been reduced to caster level 5th. The cost would be 50% of the market price of a CL 10th scroll of fireball.

4th: Spell drain, 1d8/5 HD levels, 2d6/5 HD Power points, and a 4 round cooldown/5 HD on at will abilities. You then drain 1 Charisma, 1 Constitution and 1 strength. You now drain d6/5 HD levels from effects in your space, and magic items you drain lose d4/5 HD caster levels.

When you drain anything, you now heal 1 hit point per thing that you drain each turn. For example, if you are draining spell levels from one creature, power points from another, draining a carried magic item and standing in the effect of an aura, you would heal 4 hit points per round.

5th: Spell drain, 1d10/5 HD levels, 3d6/5 HD Power points, and a 5 round cooldown/5 HD on at will abilities. You then drain 1 point from all their ability scores each round, in place of the previous levels penalties.

You drain d8/5 HD from effects in your space, and drain d6/5 HD caster levels from magic items you are draining.

Finally, when you are draining an Aura or Area effect, each square you completely drain pulls other squares of effect from the effect to fill the gap. This means that nearby squares will fill the gap, distorting the areas shape. If the area would split in two, it instead will move to be adjacent to another square of the area's effect, taking the shortest possible distance.

For example, a creature is projecting an aura of negative energy out to 20ft. The Void character stands 10ft away (So surrounded by squares of the Aura's effect.) and starts draining the aura around him. Once he completely drains the aura around him, the aura range decreases by 10ft, and the remaining bits of the aura move to surround the void. This will cause the projector to lose their aura.

Special: You lose any ability you possess that would trigger a link if you targetted yourself. This means you cannot gain the benefit of spellcasting (You do not gain Slots, even), Power Points (You can know powers, however, but your Power Point score is always 0.), Spell like abilities (Any ones you had before now you lose). Supernatural abilities, however, still function.

Designer's Note: Void is a significant ability, making the character deadly to affect with magic, including friendly magic. The character's use of magic items is impaired, but they can still use potions - regardless, Void shouldn't be taken unless you as the player have talked to the other players about it.

Void is also excellent for giving martial characters a boost, being able to terrify enemy arcanists. However, the martial characters also appreciate magic items, which unfortunately, do not work as well for a Void character.

Flaws:

Amnesia

The character's background is blurred, your Character's backstory and manner should be affected by this.

1st: -2 Skill points per level.
2nd: You lose one of your first level feats, chosen by the DM. You cannot lose bonus class feats from this. If the feat qualified you for something else, you retain that benefit, but cannot use the feat.
3rd: Additional -1 Skill point per level. This stacks, for a total of -3.
4th: You lose another first level feat, as per level 2.
5th: An Additional -1 Skill point per level. This stacks for a total of -4. You lose a favored Class.

Weak

" Fragile, I am. "

1st: You suffer -1 Hp/level. This penalty stays with you for the rest of your character progression.
2nd: You suffer -3 Hp and -2 to fort saves.
3rd: You suffer -1 Hp/level, for a total of -2. This penalty stays with you for the rest of your character progression.
4th: You suffer a -3 penalty to your hit points and and another -2 on fort saves.
5th: You suffer -1 hp/level, for a total of -3. This penalty stays with you for the rest of your character progression.

Feats

Improved Ability Score [Gifted]
Your gift is extended.
Prerequisites: Gifted Ability that grants a bonus to an ability score, and you have taken 5 level of it.
Benefit: Add +2 to the ability score that was boosted by the Gift that allowed you to select this feat. You also gain another +1 to the ability score for every 10 HD you have.

Telepathic Prodigy [Gifted]
Your telepathy has been extended and enhanced.
Prerequisites: Telepathic Gifted, Must have take 5 levels in the telepathic ability, Int or Cha 19.
Benefit: Your telepathy range extends by 50ft, and you add +2 to the DC of your telepathy power granted by the telepathy gift.
Special: You can select this ability more than once, to a maximum of 3 times. Its benefits stack.

Telekinetic Prodigy [Gifted]
You combine destructive energy with manipulative energy.
Prerequisites: Telekinesis manipulative and destructive gifts. Int or Cha 19, Concentration 8 ranks.
Benefit: Whenever you move an object using your telekinesis (Manipulation), you can choose to deal damage to that object equal to your telekinetic strength modifier. Additionally, your telekinetic Strength score is increased by 4 and your telekinetic Dexterity score also increases by 4.

Telekinetic Master [Gifted]
You are a master of telekinesis
Prerequisites: Telekinetic Prodigy, Int or Cha 23, Concentration 18 ranks.
Benefit: You can use telekinesis to move objects as part of another move action, like drawing a weapon as part of a move action. In addition, your bull rush attack with destructive telekinesis, you can curve your bullrush, even make it go back on itself. You can also, as a full round action, move any number of objects as per the rules for manipulation. You can also shatter an infinite number of objects within telekinesis range as a full round action, but the DCs of the concentration checks are boosted by 10.

Telekinetic Warrior [Gifted]
The force of your telekinetics adds strength to your blows.
Prerequisites: base Attack bonus +10, Concentration 13 ranks, Telekinetic Prodigy
Benefit: You can add half your telekinetic strength modifier to your attack and damage rolls in combat, and also any roll where strength would come into play.

What do we think? Suggestions? Balancing? Comments?

tzaan
2011-01-09, 08:17 PM
being an Xmen fan of course I love it. Some abilities might break the game or just overpower a character....but what the hey. If I can finally make Apocalypse as an actual d&d character then I'll do a little dance in your honour

*ponders* Master of the Unseen Hand would be an excellent jumping off point for TK abilities, no? It's in Complete Warrior. Flight, shoving people around...flinging them into the sky Team Rocket-esque :smallbiggrin:

edit:
in fact, many of the classes in Complete Warrior would be excellent starting points for The Gifted - Mindspy, Warshaper etc

Cadian 9th
2011-01-09, 08:38 PM
being an Xmen fan of course I love it. Some abilities might break the game or just overpower a character....but what the hey. If I can finally make Apocalypse as an actual d&d character then I'll do a little dance in your honour

*ponders* Master of the Unseen Hand would be an excellent jumping off point for TK abilities, no? It's in Complete Warrior. Flight, shoving people around...flinging them into the sky Team Rocket-esque :smallbiggrin:

edit:
in fact, many of the classes in Complete Warrior would be excellent starting points for The Gifted - Mindspy, Warshaper etc

Thanks! I'll make you proud :smallbiggrin:

Telekenisis is pretty good actually, a bit better than the Master of the Unseen hand. She gets unlimited mage hand that increases in strength each level of ability, and then gets the ability to deflect attacks (if she's strong enough) and finally fine manipulation (like Arcane Trickster).

Note that if you take flaws, you can take the same ability twice in the same level, so let's say you want to make Professor X. You'd select the flaws Weak and Crippled, then select 3 levels of Telepathy each level, then after that pick up the Perception and Empath abilities. The Flaws have a bit of the a kick though, since they affect your character forever, and the disadvantage increases each level you take in this class.

Warshaper would be pretty awesome with Mystique :smallbiggrin:

tzaan
2011-01-09, 09:16 PM
this has the scent of James Barclay's Ascendants books about it as well as Xmen - ever read them? Bunch of kids bred for elemental/life energy manipulation. Summon fire, cause earthquakes...reanimate the dead and cause aging to the point of disintegration. One ends up a blind, hidebound moralist who can heal with a touch which covers the powers/flaws aspect quite nicely

I ramble....

but the idea kicks ass. Reminds of Dragonmarks but waaaay more open-ended

Re'ozul
2011-01-10, 06:19 AM
This could be a helluva dip class.
Two levels (if abilities start at 1) can get a close combat guy +6 NatArm, DR2/-, +5ft' movement, +2 to balance checks and expeditious dodge, for the price of one BAB loss and whatever is in their usual class.
I like most abilities so far, but something in me tells me that the Armored ability is a bit overpowered.
Also the empathy first level says +2 on sense motive for every level in this class, maybe that should be ability? (Otherwise anyone using this class would could be a sense motive monster.

Cadian 9th
2011-01-10, 06:43 PM
this has the scent of James Barclay's Ascendants books about it as well as Xmen - ever read them? Bunch of kids bred for elemental/life energy manipulation. Summon fire, cause earthquakes...reanimate the dead and cause aging to the point of disintegration. One ends up a blind, hidebound moralist who can heal with a touch which covers the powers/flaws aspect quite nicely

I ramble....

but the idea kicks ass. Reminds of Dragonmarks but waaaay more open-ended

Nah, checking it out though. Thanks :smallsmile:

To be honest, it's been done before, by a few notable Homebrewers.

This could be a helluva dip class.
Two levels (if abilities start at 1) can get a close combat guy +6 NatArm, DR2/-, +5ft' movement, +2 to balance checks and expeditious dodge, for the price of one BAB loss and whatever is in their usual class.
I like most abilities so far, but something in me tells me that the Armored ability is a bit overpowered.
Also the empathy first level says +2 on sense motive for every level in this class, maybe that should be ability? (Otherwise anyone using this class would could be a sense motive monster.

It's sort of meant to be a dip class. You can't take it to level 20, and the abilities scale quadratically every level you take on them.

Should I reduce it to +2 Natural normally and +4 Natural with a speed penalty? It seemed weak but now you show it like that I'd have to agree.

Also, you lose saves (No good saves) and 2 skill points per level only, coupled with a d8 HD. The ability combination you mentioned is quite good, so I'll look at toning it down. Please, stick around and help me balance them. This kind of class really needs people testing it out and working combos to shine and improve.

Sohala
2011-01-10, 11:57 PM
I don't know if I would allow a character to take the same ability more than once a character level, or at the very least limit it to a maximum of class level. As you say, flaws scale with level right? If a character gets all they want at a low level, the flaws don't really balance out the power of a max ability.

Taking two flaws, and armored for five abilties, is a NA of 22, at second level! That doesn't even look at the DR...I would have to dip like crazy into classes and PrC to get that kind of NA without shapeshifting.

Lix Lorn
2011-01-11, 05:31 AM
I like the idea, but I definitely think limiting abilities to class level is a must.

tzaan
2011-01-11, 07:38 AM
sod balance! they're called Gifted for a reason - you don't see people whining at Colossus for being bulletproof (oi mate, take your armour down so we can hit you)

Add a mandatory flaw if you want more balance - something like the hostility aimed at Warforged in certain places (or the Xmen for realz). Roleplay it to the hilt, you're the next step on the path to power and people fear you. Do you pimp slap them back into their place, lowly peons that they are, or work to gain the trust of the silly plebs that so fear and despise you? Hell, people distrust wizards, sorcerers and warlocks just for figuring out how to conjure fire at their fingertips..they'd freak out if you could do it completely naturally :smallamused:

see Emma Frost if you want to introduce a balance to the Armoured gift - made of diamond but has a structural flaw. Give a vulnerability to sonic damage. Give Feral/ Sense enhancement Gifted the same vulnerability (Hulk almost kills Wolvie by clapping his hands together) etc. If you're made of steel, hey Heat/Chill Metal suddenly becomes a problem: your skin just sloughed off!
Elemental Manipulation - make it so you're not immune to your own powers, singe off your own eyebrows every so often
yadda yadda yadda

Cadian 9th
2011-01-11, 06:43 PM
I don't know if I would allow a character to take the same ability more than once a character level, or at the very least limit it to a maximum of class level. As you say, flaws scale with level right? If a character gets all they want at a low level, the flaws don't really balance out the power of a max ability.

I agree. I find it amusing that the worst offender so far is Armored, a static bonus to Armor class and DR. I will tone it down to say, a max of +12, and make the speed penalty go up in level.

To give you an example of Flaws:

Weak

" Fragile, I am. "

1st: You suffer -1 Hp/level.
2nd: You suffer -3 Hp and -2 to fort saves.
3rd: You suffer -2 Hp/level.
4th: You suffer a -3 penalty to your hit points and and another -2 on fort saves.
5th: You suffer -3 hp/level.

So, each level you take in this class increases the impact of the flaw.

Taking two flaws, and armored for five abilties, is a NA of 22, at second level! That doesn't even look at the DR...I would have to dip like crazy into classes and PrC to get that kind of NA without shapeshifting.

Now I look, yeah, it's true. Mainly I wanted to make Armor viable next to, e.g. Telepathy, stat boosts, agility, dexterity and all that.

I like the idea, but I definitely think limiting abilities to class level is a must.

Will do.

@Tzaan, I think I will add a designers note for players who want to play up a tier, allowing them to get more power from this class. However, I'd like the class to be balanced in moderate optimization games, at the very least - I'm not going to beat myself up over making it completely unbreakable.

The characters you mention indeed pose interesting ideas. Frost, for example, would have that vulnerability but also have telepathy. Mechanically, you'd have to go through 5 levels with the vulnerability flaw and the armored and telepathic abilities...

Sohala
2011-01-11, 07:23 PM
That much NA isn't totally broken, but with how early you could get it, it was.

Assuming you were trying to max your wisdom, you could get roughly the same amount from say monk or swordsage two, but you can't get it by LEVEL two.

Cadian 9th
2011-01-11, 08:23 PM
That much NA isn't totally broken, but with how early you could get it, it was.

Assuming you were trying to max your wisdom, you could get roughly the same amount from say monk or swordsage two, but you can't get it by LEVEL two.

Is it less offensive now? ^ ^

Sohala
2011-01-11, 08:36 PM
It looks a bit more manageable.

Cadian 9th
2011-01-12, 07:34 PM
Added Tough, Strong, Monstrous, Intelligent and Evasive, what do we think? :smallsmile:

Sohala
2011-01-12, 09:04 PM
Furthermore, you add a 1/4 of your dex modifier to your AC
I don't see the point...

corrosive blood dealing d6 acid damage per 3 HD you have against those that injure you with melee weapons
Natural or non-reach melee weapons.

Corrosive blood improves to affect any creature who hit you within reach.
Is that meant to be hit all within reach, when you are hit?

2nd - You gain +1 Hp/level.

4th - You gain +1 hp/2 levels you have.

Are those suppose to be the other way around, or perhaps the second should be +2/level?

Cadian 9th
2011-01-12, 09:24 PM
I don't see the point...

Neither. It's a hangover, I eventually was going to add 1/2 Dex and then full dex but realised that would be OP... Edit out?

Natural or non-reach melee weapons.

Shall do that.

Is that meant to be hit all within reach, when you are hit?

Yeah, so when someone hits you if they're within your natural reach, they get hit. It doesn't affect medium sized characters, but it affects large/feat boosted.

Are those suppose to be the other way around, or perhaps the second should be +2/level?

Good idea, I'll move 1/2 level hp to 2nd and +1 hp/level to 4th. +2 per level gives you +3 per level total, combined with +6 con means +6 hp/level, for all levels. Very very tough to kill. This way its +4.5/level, less offensive. Or is a flat HP boost okay? Not sure.

Sohala
2011-01-12, 09:57 PM
Neither. It's a hangover, I eventually was going to add 1/2 Dex and then full dex but realised that would be OP... Edit out?
Well it was just so vague, and small. There was no addition of flat footed rulings, if it overruled the bonus you get from dex by default.

Yeah, so when someone hits you if they're within your natural reach, they get hit. It doesn't affect medium sized characters, but it affects large/feat boosted.

I think we are talking about two different things.

I was meaning that when you get hit, the blood AoEs your reach.

Rereading, you probably need some clause, or better wording, unless you meant it that way, to keep a person from selecting say claws at 1-3, then picking up poison or blood at 4 and getting the full benefits at 5 for it.

Good idea, I'll move 1/2 level hp to 2nd and +1 hp/level to 4th. +2 per level gives you +3 per level total, combined with +6 con means +6 hp/level, for all levels. Very very tough to kill. This way its +4.5/level, less offensive. Or is a flat HP boost okay? Not sure.
Best state that the +hp/level stacks, but 4.5 sounds alright.

jojolagger
2011-01-13, 03:51 PM
This is awesome. Waiting on healing factor so I can make wolverine.

super dark33
2011-01-14, 03:28 PM
im waiting for size to make a huge sexy armored god of war

Samm
2011-01-14, 10:18 PM
Tis brilliant so far. It's customisable, flavourful (it can be RPed very nicely), and it seems relatively well balanced so far.

The problem I see is flaws. Let's say you take 3 of them, you get an extra 30 abilities, if you take it for 10 levels, meaning that the flaws are going to have to be very very inhibiting. I suppose it makes it more worthwhile to take all 10 levels of this class than just dip it and waste the benefits of taking a flaw or flaws. It's a very clever move actually.

Other than that, I don't get this:

1st: You receive Alertness as a bonus feat. You gain a +2 bonus on spot and listen checks, and receive the Elf ability to notice secret doors, as well as the Dwarven stonecunning Ability.

Does that mean you end up with a +4 bonus to listen and spot in total or just a +2? Because Alertness gives +2 and you appear to get a further +2. But, you could be listing the benefits of Alertness.

Cadian 9th
2011-01-15, 02:28 AM
This is awesome. Waiting on healing factor so I can make wolverine.

Thanks! Working on it. :smallsmile:

im waiting for size to make a huge sexy armored god of war

On the way, I promise.

Tis brilliant so far. It's customisable, flavourful (it can be RPed very nicely), and it seems relatively well balanced so far.

Thanks. I'm going to add a Homebrewer's note basically saying that without stupid nerfing, some abilities are always going to be problematic - Telepathy for example has a way of ruining DM's plans in many ways, as does Telekenisis. These are all extraordinary, so would even work in an Anti-magic jail.

The problem I see is flaws. Let's say you take 3 of them, you get an extra 30 abilities, if you take it for 10 levels, meaning that the flaws are going to have to be very very inhibiting. I suppose it makes it more worthwhile to take all 10 levels of this class than just dip it and waste the benefits of taking a flaw or flaws. It's a very clever move actually.

Nothing in this class really works as a class (Except for perhaps Battle) ability, they all are more like racial abilities. Each flaw you take works to impair you over your character progression (1-20) and then increases in impact as you get more levels in this class, making it scale quadratically.

Other than that, I don't get this:

Does that mean you end up with a +4 bonus to listen and spot in total or just a +2? Because Alertness gives +2 and you appear to get a further +2. But, you could be listing the benefits of Alertness.

+4 in total. I added Alertness in because it helps people qualify for Master of Many Forms, among other things.

Update coming soon!

Samm
2011-01-15, 08:04 PM
Thanks. I'm going to add a Homebrewer's note basically saying that without stupid nerfing, some abilities are always going to be problematic - Telepathy for example has a way of ruining DM's plans in many ways, as does Telekenisis. These are all extraordinary, so would even work in an Anti-magic jail.

Yeah. But it doesn't look game breaking.

Nothing in this class really works as a class (Except for perhaps Battle) ability, they all are more like racial abilities. Each flaw you take works to impair you over your character progression (1-20) and then increases in impact as you get more levels in this class, making it scale quadratically.

Yeah, they're generally short and sweet, and I can't imagine talking this to 10th level, unless you take a flaw or two. I mean these abilities although they are nice, I can't see too many people taking it to 10th level without a flaw. It feels like you're missing out on too much, and the fact that you have to start again with each separate ability means that at about 6th level, you're getting basically 1st level abilities again.

With the flaws however, they can dramatically increase the amount of abilities you can take, so it's actually more worthwhile to stick around for longer.

But if the flaws are actually that bad, it makes it again that a ver dip oriented class.

+4 in total. I added Alertness in because it helps people qualify for Master of Many Forms, among other things.

Right. Fair enough, you probably should specify that those bonuses are separate entities.

Cadian 9th
2011-01-19, 01:09 AM
Currently testing Gifted as a 1st level gestalt, 15th level gestalt and 6th level character. If someone tests it as a single classed character, please let me know how it works out for you.

Added Telepathy, Telekinesis, both Manipulative and Destructive. Updated Monstrous to make more sense and be a little more balanced.

@Samm

I see your point. Basically, Flaws are going to be a hefty downside to a character over their whole career. Weak, the first cab of the rank, imposes -3 hp per level, one I'm really starting to regret with a 15th level character.

Amnesia works as a reverse Adaptable, taxing feats and skill points. So far I've worked on Ancient Entity, a new flaw which details something like the Phoenix from X-men, basically an entity that will break out and control you when you're vulnerable. It's always more powerful than you and triggers on massive damage, huge stress and removal of free will, from, e.g. a Dominate Person spell.

Clarifying the Alertness thing.

Samm
2011-01-20, 01:05 AM
Telekenisis, Destructive

1st: Standard action: Force blast 1d6/4 HD, 30ft range, Reflex DC 10+1/2 HD+ Int or Cha modifier halves. Full round action: Bull rush, 30ft attack, Concentration check as check result.
2nd: Force blast 1d8/4 HD, 40ft range, Reflex halves (DC as above). Bull rush, 40ft attack, Concentration result + Int or Cha modifier as check result.
3rd: Force blast 1d10/4 HD, 50ft range, reflex half, as above. Bull Rush 50ft attack, as above. Shatter objects, dealing damage equal to HDxCha or Int modifier as a concentration check with a DC equal to 10+Hardness.
4th: Force blast improves to 2d6/4 HD, 60ft range, Reflex half. Bull rush improves to 60ft, as a standard action. Shatter objects dealing damage equal to HDX(Int or Cha modifierX1.5).
5th: Force blast improves to 2d8/4 HD, 60ft range, Reflex half, DC +2. Bull rush improves to Range 80ft, and shatter improves to double int or cha modifier, multiplied by HD.

I just noticed this. RAW, you can't actually gain any benefit from all these abilities until you've reached 4th level. I don't think that's how you intended to make this is it?

I see your point. Basically, Flaws are going to be a hefty downside to a character over their whole career. Weak, the first cab of the rank, imposes -3 hp per level, one I'm really starting to regret with a 15th level character.

Amnesia works as a reverse Adaptable, taxing feats and skill points. So far I've worked on Ancient Entity, a new flaw which details something like the Phoenix from X-men, basically an entity that will break out and control you when you're vulnerable. It's always more powerful than you and triggers on massive damage, huge stress and removal of free will, from, e.g. a Dominate Person spell.

Clarifying the Alertness thing.

Right. That's cool. It really balances it out. I think this really is a dip class.

Be sure to put the Weak Flaw in your OP and all the other flaws that you may develop.

Cadian 9th
2011-01-20, 01:34 AM
I just noticed this. RAW, you can't actually gain any benefit from all these abilities until you've reached 4th level. I don't think that's how you intended to make this is it?

Actually, no I didn't. Thanks for pointing that out.

Minimum amount of dice...

Right. That's cool. It really balances it out. I think this really is a dip class.

Be sure to put the Weak Flaw in your OP and all the other flaws that you may develop.

Yeah, that is how I designed it. Think of this as more of a customizable template that grants, ableit poor, HD.

Doing so...

Samm
2011-01-20, 02:12 AM
I've realised a few things:

Telepathy

1st: Telepathy, 30ft, one way only, words only.
2nd: Telepathy, 40ft, two ways, words only, non-hostile unaware targets.
3rd: Telepathy, 50ft, images.
4th: Telepathy, 80ft, sounds, hostile targets (Will save DC 10+1/2 HD+Cha or Int modifier);
5th: Telepathy, 100ft, emotions, feelings and pain. (Non-lethal damage = to concentration check result, will save DC 10+1/2 HD+Cha/int modifier for half damage. Done to a single target as a move action, spread out damage (to unlimited targets) as a full round action) Also, you are able to stun a target with telepathic force. This is a standard action and allows a will save to negate. The will save DC is your concentration check result, less 10. This is a mind affecting ability.

Note: Telepathy is not detectable, even the damage dealing ability. Telepathic contact is always a free action, like talking. The targets are communicated with as if they were speaking (For talking, not images, sounds.). By bluffing vs the target's sense motive, where the target may add their will save bonus (plus any save bonuses they have against mind affecting/Illusion) to the sense motive and you may add half your concentration modifier. If you win, the subject believes that the pain felt, feelings felt and words spoken are their own. Otherwise, they become aware of your attempts.

A sleeping or unconscious target doesn't receive a save against unwanted telepathic contact (see level 4)

Okay, I find this a little bit weird. I find the sharing of pain (5th level) a little over-powered. It's basically free damage that you can't avoid, as a move action. Let's say you're doing this as a 5th level guy: with a constitution score of 14 and 8 ranks in concentration. That's on average 20 non-lethal damage per turn. If they can make the will save, that's 10 damage on average per turn. Now, if you say pump bluff as well to give you a bonus of +15 to the check to fool them into thinking the pain is their own. It's unlikely that they'll be able to even realise you're attacking them.

I think that may be a little over the top. And you can do that to anyone and everyone within 100ft.

Basically, this level 5 ability really needs a large power reduction. And it should be easier to trace if you're doing damage.

With the stunning ability, how long are they stunned for? It seems a little ineffective, in that the DC is extremely low. At level 5 it's around 10, with the hypothetical build I've thrown forward.

Telekinesis, Manipulative

1st: Telekinesis, always, at will. Strength score equal to 1/2 Int or Cha score, Dexterity score equal to 1/4 Int or Cha + 1/4 Dex score.
2nd: Telekinesis, strength 2/3 Int or Cha score, dexterity 1/3 Int or Cha + 1/3 Dex score. Use strength and dexterity based skills (Use rope, etc) through telekinesis, ableit with +5 to the DC required. 2 Objects, assuming concentration checks: DC = 10+Strength required, and raising DC of skill checks and dexterity checks by 5.
3rd: Telekinesis, strength 3/4 Int or Cha score, dexterity 1/2 Int or Cha score + 1/2 Dex score. 3 objects, assuming concentration checks: DC 10+Number of objects manipulated x 5, raising the Dc of skill checks or dexterity checks by 5 per additional object.
4th: Telekinesis, strength Int or Cha score, dexterity score 3/4 Int + 3/4 Dex score. 4 objects, as above.
5th: Telekinesis, Strength twice Int or Cha score, dexterity score Int or Cha score + Dexterity score. Unlimited objects, as above.

Telekinesis: This refers to the ability to move objects using the power of your mind. At each level, a strength score is given (A formula relating to your intelligence or charisma score). You may manipulate an object weighing up to 10 times that strength score in pounds. For example, a Telekinetic strength of 30 would allow you to manipulate 300 pounds. You can do this at will, but to do things with it requires actions.

You can manipulate an object a number of squares away equal to your concentration check result made. You may take 10 on this check, and you may take 20 provided a full round action. Once you have established a hold, you are able to maintain it until you are somehow distracted or choose to drop it.

For actions, you may manipulate the object as if it were your own hands, allowing you to use skills such as disable device, open lock or even craft skills. You may move the object a number of squares equal to your effective telekinetic dexterity score as a Move action. As a standard action, you can grapple and deal constriction damage. Your grapple check modifier is based on your Base attack bonus+your effective telekinetic strength score. You deal damage equal to your concentration check result when maintaining a grapple.

You may attack with the object, requiring a concentration check (DC = 10+(Object's Weight divided by 10)). It uses an attack bonus calculated from your own Base attack Bonus + any other bonuses you would have to attack rolls + that telekinetic strength modifier.

You can also throw the object, using it as a thrown weapon as normal, but of course your dexterity score is the force's dex and your strength is the force's strength score.

Right this is very powerful. It's got a lot of utility. A lot. In fact, I'd say almost too much especially considering you can pick up an unlimited number of objects at level 5. Would that mean you can have an infinite number of attacks, as you can use an infinite number of hands you can make attacks with?

Do you add your strength modifier twice to your telekinetic attacks?

I think it needs some reworking. It's a cool idea but the raw power basically lets do almost anything you want. I mean, it's like being a jedi master at 5th level, without the lightsaber fighting. It's too powerful.

Edit: after conversing with Cadian, I realise that the above paragraph is probably wrong.

Telekenisis, Destructive

1st: Standard action: Force blast 1d6/4 HD, Minimum 1d6, 30ft range, Reflex DC 10+1/2 HD+ Int or Cha modifier halves. Full round action: Bull rush, 30ft attack, Concentration check as check result.
2nd: Force blast 1d8/4 HD, Minimum 1d8, 40ft range, Reflex halves (DC as above). Bull rush, 40ft attack, Concentration result + Int or Cha modifier as check result.
3rd: Force blast 1d10/4 HD, Minimum 1d10, 50ft range, reflex half, as above. Bull Rush 50ft attack, as above. Shatter objects, dealing damage equal to HDxCha or Int modifier as a concentration check with a DC equal to 10+Hardness.

I don't like the way you're handing out free damage that can't be negated. Also I'm not really sure on the power curve. Let's say you're 20th level you'd be doing 10d8 as a standard action, Reflex save half... so around 7d8 per turn on average (maybe less). How good is that? I don't think that's that brilliant.

jojolagger
2011-01-20, 03:15 AM
In fact, I'd say almost too much especially considering you can pick up an unlimited number of objects at level 5. Would that mean you can have an infinite number of attacks, as you can use an infinite number of hands you can make attacks with?
You still need the concentration check to carry multiple items.
It's 10+(# of itemsx5)
To get five items that's a DC 35 concentration check.

Also, I agree on toning down Telepathy,
7d8 damage is less than warlock damage at that level, it's fine.

Cadian 9th
2011-01-20, 03:25 AM
I've realised a few things:

Okay, I find this a little bit weird. I find the sharing of pain (5th level) a little over-powered. It's basically free damage that you can't avoid, as a move action. Let's say you're doing this as a 5th level guy: with a constitution score of 14 and 8 ranks in concentration. That's on average 20 non-lethal damage per turn. If they can make the will save, that's 10 damage on average per turn. Now, if you say pump bluff as well to give you a bonus of +15 to the check to fool them into thinking the pain is their own. It's unlikely that they'll be able to even realise you're attacking them.

You're right... I want this ability to exist, though. Should I cap it at some HD based variable?

5th level guy, remember, who doesn't have any good saves, poor base attack, low skills per level.

I think that may be a little over the top. And you can do that to anyone and everyone within 100ft.

Basically, this level 5 ability really needs a large power reduction. And it should be easier to trace if you're doing damage.

But it takes your actions away... Only to one target at a time, unless you split up the damage. I don't want to make it traceable, since that makes no sense, you're overloading the target with telepathic force, there's nothing to trace unless they see you fiercely concentrating on them.

Agreed. How should I do it?

With the stunning ability, how long are they stunned for? It seems a little ineffective, in that the DC is extremely low. At level 5 it's around 10, with the hypothetical build I've thrown forward.

That round only. So you're stuck there keeping them immobile.

Right this is very powerful. It's got a lot of utility. A lot. In fact, I'd say almost too much especially considering you can pick up an unlimited number of objects at level 5. Would that mean you can have an infinite number of attacks, as you can use an infinite number of hands you can make attacks with?

Yes, it does have a lot of utility. You can pick locks from a good distance away, steal objects and more.

While you can pick up an unlimited number of objects, it take a move action to lift one off the ground, So you're only getting to lift a maximum of 2 each turn barring cunning surge or whatever. This was something that bothered me since I wanted to have that thing that all respectible telekineticists do, float loads of small rocks around them as they concentrate.

It's not possible to do Infinite attacks unless you have some other ability granting you infinite attacks. If you attack with an object, whether thrown or in melee, it's an attack action, therefore, a standard action or a full round action. With poor base attack, you'll never get many attacks at the stage it matters, so it becomes a standard action burning ability.

Regardless, I see your point. I'll clarify the limits, and make it clear that Telekinetic manipulation attacks are attacks... Therefore limited as such. No AOOs from them however.

Do you add your strength modifier twice to your telekinetic attacks?

Nope, I'm describing the attack form. It's basically an attack where you substitute your telekinetic strength score for your strength score, and of course it happens somewhere other than normal melee reach. (Well, it could happen within normal melee reach, but you get what I mean. )

I think it needs some reworking. It's a cool idea but the raw power basically lets do almost anything you want. I mean, it's like being a jedi master at 5th level, without the lightsaber fighting. It's too powerful.

The main problem is I don't want to skimp telekineticists, but I have a 5 level limit. How should I rework it? I was thinking of raising concentration DCs and adding more concentration checks required around, as well as more reliance on your endurance.

For the damage:

Level 20, 10d8 damage. The main drawback of the blast ability is that you can't apply stuff like skirmish or sneak attack to it, which is what people love to do with Eldritch Blast.

I compared the damage to the Dragonfire adept. 9d6, 30ft cone or 60ft line. You also gain breath effects, which counter the disadvantage that energy resistance applies, vs 10d8. At 16th level, 8d8 vs 7d6 with breath effects, cone 30ft. At 12th level 6d8 vs 6d6 with breath effects. At 8th level, 4d8 vs 4d6 Cone 15ft/line 30ft, Breath effects. Finally, at 4th level, it's 2d8 vs 2d6 with a breath effect. It's roughly the same.

Warlock has similar damage values when combined with magic items and invocation effects, plus he can rocket it using skirmish or sneak attack, point blank shot, etc.

>.< Should clarify that the Damage is Bludgeoning.