PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Roguish Druid Build

tuesdayscoming
2011-01-09, 08:51 PM
Hi all! I'm gonna be joining a campaign soon, and have been asked to build a roguish divine caster. The group I'm playing in is high tier-3, low tier-2, and we're starting at level 9

I'm thinking I'll go Rogue 1, Druid 6, Daggerspell Shaper 2. Feat allocation, as I see it, goes something like this:

1: Weapon Focus: Dagger
3: Two-Weapon Fighting
6: Natural Spell
9: Natural Bond

Natural Bond makes up for the 3 lost levels of animal companion progression, filling the multiclass gap quite nicely. Shaper 2 also gets me Tiny Wild Shape, which is nice for stealth forms (cat comes to mind), and the ability to apply my dagger properties to my claws in Wild Shape. I'll be using this, I think, with two merciful daggers, as I sat in on the last session and the party seems rather opposed to killing the 'innocent'.

On that note, it would be really lovely to somehow turn damaging spells into nonlethal damage as well. Anyone know how to do so? Subdual Substitution (SRD) can't be taken by non-divinities, can it?

Any other advice on the build, anyone? Is Natural Bond worth it? And if I go human, what would you recommend I dump my last remaining feat into?

Duncan_Ruadrik
2011-01-09, 09:03 PM
well.... my friend is currently playing a Scout 4/Druid 4 in a campaign I am running, using the Swift Avenger feat ( i believe its called) from complete scoundrel. it stacks Skirmish and your Wild Shaping for your druid and scout levels.

he is having quite a bit fun with that for a couple reasons:

scout= skill points and precision damage in the form of skirmish. (i.e. rogue-ishness)

with a bow, he can skirmish with some basic archery feats like point blank and precise shot.

In melee, (he is playing an intentionally gimped non wild shaping Druid, but we shall ignore that for the moment) You can change into a creature with burly stats and smash things to little bits, plus, (if Im not mistaken) get a form that allows pouncing and therefore skirmish damage on all attacks at the end of a charge.