PDA

View Full Version : Wolrd of Aquias - The Awakening

Croverus
2011-01-10, 12:09 PM
Beneathe tha oceans that made up 97% of the surface of the world known as Aquias all kinds of amazing life can be found. In ancient times the waters were filled with great beasts which devoured all smaller life and kept the first civilizations from forming. Eventually the great beasts fell to sleep and after several millenia the sea floor is dotted with cities and villages of many species of intelligent aquatic beings. The largest city in the northern hemisphere is Aqias, named after the planet itself. It is believed to be the largest city on the planet, though no scholar has ever done a full comparison recently.

Aquias sits upon a cliff, overlooking a deep chasm which runs for miles in each direction. The city deas in trade with many other nearby cities and villages, including the handful of villages that dot the small landmasses. It isfamous for it's massive marketplace and the impressive Reef Gardens.

Reports hve been coming in of incresing raids on cravans and large attacks on the cities, mostly coming from the chasm. Other reports indicate lost contact with several of the smallr villages located in deeper waters, and patrols discover only ruins. Rumors of large beasts stirring in the deep water are becoming more frequent.

It is nearing twilight, the light from the surface is minimal but the city is lit up by various glowing coral and small breeds of fish that move in schools above the city. The guard patrol the walls as usual and the main gate is the only one left open, smaller gates closed off as it gets darker.

Super_Fluous
2011-01-10, 12:50 PM
Swimming from over the deep rift, L'shai (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=263189) takes a moment to hover and stare at the city. He has been alone in the open ocean for so long, and has never been in such a populated area before. The lights and constant murmur of people is alien to him, and leaves him baffled at anything to say.

He swims up closer for a better look.

"Excuse me...sir," his mandibles clicking together audibly as he addresses the guard, "What is the proper procedure for getting into the city?"

Dire Reverend
2011-01-10, 04:46 PM
Kip finds himself at this city. He had never seen anything like it. He was used to the straw huts that his people make. He goes to the guard as well.
"What exactly is this place?"

Claudius Maximus
2011-01-11, 03:08 AM
Coming in from the northwest, Thalassene swims quickly toward the main gate of Aquias. It has been a dreadful long time since she has been to a real city, and she is excited by the prospect of visiting the largest one in the whole world. And the Reef Gardens! She has heard only the highest praise of their beauty and diversity. To think they might be only an hour's travel away...

But first she has to get in. Nobody builds a giant wall and lets people just swim over it. Following along the wall's edge, she finds her way to a massive gate, where a pair of apparently foreign natives converse with a guard. Herself curious about the city and the gate, as well as these strangers, she listens intently to the proceedings.

Croverus
2011-01-12, 03:57 PM
The large guard turned to the newcomers and raised his hands.
"All newcomers to the city of Aquias are to make their way through the main gate here. If you are here for trade you must find the caravan registry just inside the gate. If you are here as an immigrant find your way to the Keep, were you will be processed for possible residency and job oopportunities. Tourists and adventurers need only find a guard wearing black and white armor. They register all temporary visitors and will give you a pass, which gives you access to the Market, passage throught he Keep to the Commons, and passage through the Residential zone tot he Reef Garden. This pass can be upgraded to allow further access to the city for those of established renown or importance. Now move along"

He waved those who had stopped to listen past, waiting for another group of first timers to approach him and repeat his announcement. Passing under the gate you can see several of the guard wearing the black and white armor, most are aquatic Humans or Elves, and a few are aquatic Dwarves, Merpeople, or Locath. People approach them, answering a few questions and recieving an engraved shell.

Claudius Maximus
2011-01-12, 09:46 PM
Thalassene approaches the nearest guard with black and white armor.

"Hi! I'm trying to get into the city for a while and I was told you gave out passes so can I get one? Where are the reef Gardens? Also do you know of any experts on abyssal megafauna?"

Dire Reverend
2011-01-20, 09:30 AM
Kip finds a different guard. "What do I do to get one of those passes?"

Super_Fluous
2011-01-21, 05:05 PM
L'shai begins looking for the guard in the black and white armor.

Spot: [roll0]
Search:[roll1]

Croverus
2011-01-21, 05:17 PM
The guar Kip approaches directs him to the one in black and white armor Thal happens to be speaking to. L'shai spots the same guard adn both of you approach him at the same time. He eyes the three of you and hands each of you a small stone.

"Say your name, race, where you're from and why you've come to the city. the stone will glow, green you get a pass into the city, red we turn you away."

Super_Fluous
2011-01-21, 06:36 PM
L'shai eyes the guard with mild suspicion, but decides that things will be easier if he just complies.

"I am L'shai, of the Thri-Kreen Remora Clan. I am a nomad of the open waters, and have come here simply to stock up on supplies before I make my leave."

L'shai points out towards the deep sea. "My intended prey, the great leviathans of these depths, are still out there, so I do not intend to stay long."

Claudius Maximus
2011-01-22, 12:01 AM
Thalassene's eyes light up when she hears about the apparently magical stone, and she wonders by what means it approves and denies visitors. However, she snaps back to attention at L'shai's mention of the leviathans, reminded of her task.

Seeing that it's her "turn" though, she looks at the stone and speaks tersely and clearly, as if fearing that it won't "understand" her.

"Thalassene, Water Sylph. I have come in search of sages and scholars, to learn what they know about deep-sea leviathans."

Dire Reverend
2011-01-22, 01:55 AM
Kip looks thoughtfully at the stone before speaking. "My name is Kip, Murloc of the Sharkfin tribe. I was banished from my tribe because of their fear of arcane magic. I seek to find work for someone of my skill, and to become a resident." Compared to the average Murloc's, he was very well spoken and understood Common ((Aquan?)) very well.

Super_Fluous
2011-01-23, 01:14 PM
L'shai turns to Thalassene and gives a nod of approval. "You also seek the deep monstrosities? May I ask your intent on the matter? We may be able to forge something of an alliance."

Croverus
2011-01-24, 03:56 PM
The stone glows green after each of you finish relaying your information. After that the Guard hands each of you a clam, which opens to show your information and a swirl.

"You are all Level 1 entry visitors. You have access to the market, may pass through the Residential and Artisan zones to see the reef Gardens, and have passage through the Keep to the commons. You may pass throught he main gate freely and the visitor pass lasts for 1 week. Upgrading to another level costs a considerable amount of gold and references from important figures. Enjoy your time in Aquias."

The Guard motions for you to move along as other visitors approach and the guard gives the same explanation he had given to you all.

Claudius Maximus
2011-01-24, 09:07 PM
Thalassene thanks the guard and takes the clam, putting it in her backpack. After the guard urges them on, she follows close to L'shai.

"Hey, uh.. L'shai was it? I'm trying to look into the rumors I've been hearing about these creatures. They say they're out in unprecedented numbers, wrecking towns and destroying whole tribes. If they are I think I'll have to try what I can to stop them, and while I'd rather not kill them... I guess I might use some help if it comes to that. Why do you want to kill them?"

Super_Fluous
2011-01-24, 10:34 PM
L'shai looks at her gravely.

"I had said that I am of the Remora Clan. In truth though...I am the last of them. The leviathans have taken everything from me, my home, my family, my friends. Though I cannot change this, to hunt down and slay the beasts is all I can do to be sure that this never happens again to anyone else."

He twitches his mandibles and adds in a more friendly tone.

"But it seems that in ways, we are alike in goal. If it is your intent to stop them, regardless of method, you have found yourself an ally."

Claudius Maximus
2011-01-24, 10:53 PM
Thalassene's eyes go wide at this news.

"You're a survivor? When did this happen? Where? What did it look like and how big was it? Do you now where it came form or why it attacked?"

Dire Reverend
2011-01-24, 11:03 PM
Kip approaches the two. "You said that they were taking out villages? My tribe could be targeted. While I'm no longer welcome there, I still feel the need to protect it. How could I help?"

Super_Fluous
2011-01-29, 01:31 AM
L'shai looks downward.

"My clan has always existed alongside the Monarch Whale. The Monarch Whale was large enough in size to house all five dozen of us. It was my home, and the largest thing I knew as a frame of reference."

"The leviathan...easily dwarfed the great whale in size. It is...it is a thing of incomprehensible measurement, enough to easily bite my home in two. My family...they did not survive this encounter."

"This was about three years ago."

Claudius Maximus
2011-01-29, 02:06 PM
Thalassene looks perturbed at L'shai's description.

"My, that's terrible. You poor thing! And three years ago you say..."

She turns to acknowledge Kip as well.

"This sounds worse than I thought. I don't know what we can do about creatures of such astonishing size. But... I'm sure we can use whatever help you can provide, if you're really willing to help us look into this problem. You said you were an arcanist, right?"