PDA

View Full Version : Gambit (shadowrun 4e)

Geohound13
2011-01-10, 12:57 PM
I want to play Gambit from X-men in a 4e Shadowrun campaign. How would I make that?

comicshorse
2011-01-10, 05:36 PM
Probably a Mystic Adept would be best for this.
This will give you Spell casting abilities which can replicate his power to convert matter into energy projectile's. Power bolt would seem an appropriate choice. You can also make it a limited spell so it can only be cast with a Fetish, such as a pack of cards. This will make the Drain of the spell easier to resist and obviously match Gambit's use of cards.
The remaining Power Points can be spent on Physical Adept powers which can be used to create his amazing athletic abilities.
You might also consider taking a Mentor Spirit, the Trickster seems entirely appropriate

LibraryOgre
2011-01-10, 07:54 PM
Comicshorse has a good suggestion, though you might talk to your DM about playing just an Adept with the "Missile Mastery" ability and some variation on the ability that lets you put elemental effects into your Killing Hands (whose name escapes me). Gambit is famous for his cards, but he can use anything.

comicshorse
2011-01-10, 08:03 PM
Comicshorse has a good suggestion, though you might talk to your DM about playing just an Adept with the "Missile Mastery" ability and some variation on the ability that lets you put elemental effects into your Killing Hands (whose name escapes me). Gambit is famous for his cards, but he can use anything.

Nice idea.
The power is called Elemental Strike BTW and it and Missile Mastery can be found in the 'Street Magic' book