PDA

View Full Version : Lightning Mace Build

Ryu_Bonkosi
2011-01-10, 06:37 PM
So after looking it over I think I have come up with a good build for the whole lightning mace/aptitude weapon concept.

Vashar Lightning Mace Build{table=head]Level|Class|Base Attack<br>Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Skills|Feats|Class Features

1st|Passive Way, Chaos Monk|
+0|
+2|
+2|
+2|(4+Int+1)X4|Combat Reflexes, Disciple of Darkness|Combat Expertise, +2 Bluff Boost, Improved Unarmed Strike, Flailing Strike -2

2nd|Fighter|
+1|
+4|
+2|
+2|2+Int+1|N/A|Bonus Feat: Two Weapon Fighting

3rd|Fighter|
+2|
+5|
+2|
+2|2+Int+1|Lightning Mace|Bonus Feat: Weapon Focus (Light Mace)

4th|Lion Totem, Whirling Frenzy Barbarian|
+3|
+7|
+2|
+2|4+Int+1|N/A|Whirling Frenzy Rage 1/day, Pounce

5th|Warblade|
+4|
+9|
+2|
+2|4+Int+1|N/A|Battle Clarity (Reflex Save), Weapon Aptitude

6th|Warblade|
+5|
+10|
+2|
+2|4+Int+1|Iron Heart Aura|Uncanny Dodge

7th|Warblade|
+6/1|
+10|
+3|
+3|4+Int+1|N/A|Battle Ardor (Critical Conformation)

8th|Warblade|
+7/2|
+11|
+3|
+3|4+Int+1|N/A|N/A

9th|Warblade|
+8/3|
+11|
+3|
+3|4+Int+1|Improved Critical (Any)|Bonus Feat: Stone Power

10th|Cloister Cleric|
+8/3|
+13|
+3|
+5|6+Int+1|N/A|Turn/Rebuke Undead, Lore, Domains

11th|Disciple of Dispater|
+9/4|
+15|
+5|
+7|4+Int+1|N/A|Device Lore

12th|Disciple of Dispater|
+10/5|
+16|
+6|
+8|4+Int+1|Roundabout Kick|Iron Hews

13th|Disciple of Dispater|
+11/6/1|
+16|
+6|
+8|4+Int+1|N/A|Rusting Grasp

14th|Disciple of Dispater|
+12/7/2|
+17|
+7|
+9|4+Int+1|N/A|Iron Power +1

15th|Disciple of Dispater|
+13/8/3|
+17|
+7|
+9|4+Int+1|Shards of Granite|Summon Erinyes

16th|Disciple of Dispater|
+14/9/4|
+18|
+8|
+10|4+Int+1|N/A|Greater Iron Hews

17th|Disciple of Dispater|
+15/10/5|
+18|
+8|
+10|4+Int+1|N/A|Iron Body

18th|Disciple of Dispater|
+16/11/6/1|
+19|
+9|
+11|4+Int+1|Stormguard Warrior|Iron Power +2

19th|Warblade|
+17/12/7/2|
+20|
+10|
+12|4+Int+1|N/A|Battle Cunning (Damage)

20th|Warblade|
+18/13/8/3|
+20|
+10|
+12|4+Int+1|N/A|Improved Uncanny Dodge[/table]

Maneuvers and Stances (By warblade level)
1: Sudden Leap (Tiger Claw), Steel Wind (Iron Heart), Wolf Fang Strike (Tiger Claw); Blood in the Water (Tiger Claw)
2: Stone Bones (Stone Dragon)
3: Bonecrusher (Stone Dragon)
4: Wall of Blades (Iron Heart); Leading the Charge (White Raven)
5: White Raven Tactics (White Raven)
6: N/A
7: Iron Heart Surge (Iron Heart)

Domains: Knowledge Devotion, Travel Devotion, Time
Use Serrated and Laminated Butterfly Sword, crit range: 9-20
Have wand of wraithstrike inside wand chamber(s).
With Flaws add Robilar’s Gambit and EWP: Kaorti Resin.

Books Used:
Player's Handbook, Player's Handbook 2, Complete Warrior, Complete Champion, Complete Adventurer, Dragon Magazine #335, Book of Vile Darkness, Tome of Battle; Book of Nine Swords, Unearthed Arcana, Kaorti Resin (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20031014a)/Fiend Folio, Oriential Adventures, Dungeonscape, Player's Guide to Faerun. Third party book: AEG's Mercenaries

Please critique/comment.

I have one question though. Is there some way to hit the opponents Flat-foot AC other than going first for an entire round? (AKA not blur strike)

Keld Denar
2011-01-10, 06:42 PM
Kaorti Resin is incompatable with Disciple. Dispater is the prince of iron. Kaorti Resin is made from demon poo, and is decidely not iron.

Also, I think you have your D&D math wrong WRT crit range stacking.

Source on Serated and Laminated?

You can make someone flatfooted most of the time by being invisible, so a 2nd level of monk for the Invisible Fist ACF would work once every 3 rounds.

EDIT: You don't qualify for Improved Critical where you have it. Requires a +8 or higher BAB.

EDIT EDIT: You don't qualify for Stone Power either, since you don't know any Stone Dargon manevuers at level 1.

Akal Saris
2011-01-10, 08:29 PM
*snicker* I laminated my butterfly sword in arts and crafts today!

Keld Denar
2011-01-10, 08:33 PM
*snicker* I laminated my butterfly sword in arts and crafts today!

Thats what she said!

Ryu_Bonkosi
2011-01-10, 08:58 PM
Kaorti Resin is incompatable with Disciple. Dispater is the prince of iron. Kaorti Resin is made from demon poo, and is decidely not iron.

Source on Serated and Laminated?

You can make someone flatfooted most of the time by being invisible, so a 2nd level of monk for the Invisible Fist ACF would work once every 3 rounds.

EDIT: You don't qualify for Improved Critical where you have it. Requires a +8 or higher BAB.

EDIT EDIT: You don't qualify for Stone Power either, since you don't know any Stone Dargon manevuers at level 1.

Thanks for the reviews. I made some mistakes in editing when I added the level of cleric. I will *try* to fix them tonight. Books used will be posted as well.

olentu
2011-01-10, 09:28 PM
Actually I remember serrated and laminated came up a bit a go. And with the power of searching for my own posts it seems I found that they come from several books by Alderac Entertainment Group one of which is their book labeled mercenaries.

Unless of course this is a different serrated and laminated.

Ryu_Bonkosi
2011-01-11, 12:25 AM
Actually I remember serrated and laminated came up a bit a go. And with the power of searching for my own posts it seems I found that they come from several books by Alderac Entertainment Group one of which is their book labeled mercenaries.

Unless of course this is a different serrated and laminated.

No you are correct. It is that third party book's serrated and laminated.

With the laminated property the blade consists of two metals, in this case, Steel and Kaorti Resin.

Normal crit range on Butterfly Sword 19-20. Add 1 for Serrated = 18-20. Range of 3*2= 6 range(Improved Critical). 6*2 = 12 range (Iron power +1). (12/2) = 6*3= 18 range (Iron Power +2). 3-20 is 18 numbers. Did I do that wrong?

Keld Denar
2011-01-11, 12:39 AM
D&D math. x2 + x2 + x2 is x4. 3x4 is 12 numbers, or 9-20. Also, where serrated adds in and whether or not its multiplied by Imp Critical or Iron Power is kinda fuzzy.

Kaorti Resin isn't a metal. It a substance excreted from the palms of a Kaorti. Its organic, more akin to sinew than a metal. I don't think you can forge it with a metal, as more organic material exposed to the kind of heat needed to forge metal will combust. Then again, it is demon poo, so...yea, I dunno. I'd guess no though.

Ryu_Bonkosi
2011-01-11, 04:11 PM
Ok. I modified the crit range. I'm not sure about the Resin either but there is nothing that says that it can't take extream heat. If it couldn't, wouldn't there be some rule about fire damage or not being able to have a flaming enchantment? But in there being a lack of rule (that I know of) I think it would work.