PDA

View Full Version : Exalted 2e Creatures?

Welknair
2011-01-10, 09:01 PM
Hey all. I've been showing my group Exalted 2e recently. They decided to learn how to play Lunars first (despite my suggestion to learn Solars), and we encountered an odd problem. Namely, a lack of creatures. The core books contains 24 basic creatures, but that's hardly inclusive. I know you can make all sorts of odd beings from wyld mutations, but I was looking for more basic creatures. How about a mouse? I didn't realize we didn't have mouse stats until after one of my players had decided to focus his character on shape shifting and had gotten all four size knacks.

I don't believe Exalted has a "Monster Manual", though I assume there's some sort of compendium of more normal creatures. Sadly I'm not experienced enough to just improvise stats for creatures off the top of my head.

So do you guys know where I could find some simple stats for a bunch of creatures for Exalted 2e?

Reynard
2011-01-11, 02:09 AM
Well, Exalted encourages you to make up your own stats for this sort of thing, really. The Compass of Terrestrial Directions books contain additional creatures, but usually it's just a case of taking a creature that's similar to the one you want and refluffing it.

Unless it's Ice Weasels. You can't replace those awesome dudes with a cheap knockoff.

TheOOB
2011-01-11, 02:27 AM
A fully party of lunars.....so...much...paperwork....so...many...st at-lines.

I find it's best of have one or two Lunars in a group of Solars, shapeshifting loses it's appeal when everyone can do it.

In any case, making up creature stats is really easy. Most creatures can use the same states as a creature in the main book, or with small modifications(-1 str, +1 dex to turn a wolf into a fox, ect).

Welknair
2011-01-11, 09:15 AM
This was mainly a trial run to teach them the game. I we decide to actually have a storyline or the like, I'll make sure they have a more diversified and balanced group. One of my players was dying to play a sidreal...

Anyways, what kind of giant creatures could one expect there to be? The second large size shapeshifting knack (Towering Mountain Expression or something) doesn't have much of a limit, but I can't think of anything larger than a bear right now. I don't think we have giants or T-Rexs by default...

Reynard
2011-01-11, 09:17 AM
Indeed we do have giant dinosaurs.

Also, mammoths, giant rocs, whales.

Hybrid body for the lols.

Tavar
2011-01-11, 09:18 AM
Tyrant Lizards Disagree with you.

Though I thought they were covered by the Yeddim named one. The Even larger one is probably for Behemoths or something.

Reynard
2011-01-11, 09:22 AM
Tyrant Lizards Disagree with you.

Though I thought they were covered by the Yeddim named one. The Even larger one is probably for Behemoths or something.

Towering Beast Form does indeed let you choose Tyrant Lizards and Yeddim as your Spirit animal. The next bigger size Knack makes your animal form EVEN BIGGER, giving it the Large mutation.

it's debatable if this allows Warform to gain the large mutation.