PDA

View Full Version : 3.5e concentration item

trazwald
2011-01-10, 09:50 PM
anybody know a good item to boost concentration? (aside from an amulet of health)
preferably something cheap.
If nothing is readily available, my dm's ok with making up items, but it would be good to have something to base it on...

avr
2011-01-10, 10:12 PM
There's some armour which gives a +5 concentration bonus in Secrets of Sarlona.

monkeysammich
2011-01-10, 10:29 PM
Tunic of Steady Spellcasting (MIC, p. 144): +5 competence bonus to Concentration checks.

Third Eye Concentrate (MIC. p. 141): item for +10 competence bonus to Concentration checks.

dgnslyr
2011-01-10, 11:22 PM
Masterwork item of (skill name here)?

I heard that Githcraft armor gives a +1 to concentration per piece of armor, so grab a buckler, get all the ACP/ASF reducers you can get, and maybe even tape a few enchantments on your dinky little saucer, if it tickles your fancy.

What do you plan on doing with your Concentration, anyways? Psionic Focus? Diamond Mind maneuvers? Or just plain spellcasting?

Ravens_cry
2011-01-10, 11:33 PM
A custom item that boosts a single skill, concentration in this case, is pretty darn cheap. Use the DM wrangling skills the gods gave you for the Greater Good.

trazwald
2011-01-11, 12:59 PM
I'm playing a druid, just wanted a little concentration boost for standard casting, without having to use bear's endurance. I'll probably just wrangle my DM into a custom item. Thx for the suggestions :)

Keld Denar
2011-01-11, 01:18 PM
If you have a PP pool, the feat "Psicrystal Affinity" in the XPH (and d20srd.org) gives you a pet rock with a bunch of neat abilities. If your rock's personality is focused, it grants you a +3 untyped bonus on concentration. Thats +3 damage per hit with Insightful Strike or +6 damage with Greater Insightful Strike.

:)