PDA

View Full Version : The Legend of Dragoon (3.5/PF)

Popertop
2011-01-11, 07:30 AM
A few months back I posted on here about coming up with a dragoon class for D&D and had a few general ideas about where I wanted to take it. Now I've got more of a focus, but the specifics haven't been nailed down yet.

It's going to be a ten level prestige class that requires possession of an artifact (a resonating dragoon spirit). This essentially means it's determined by DM fiat. Dragoons are epic figures that controlled the destiny of the world they were in, so it's up to the DM to determine that scope or if they fit in the campaign world at all (alternately, you could require the player to kill an existing dragoon, since that is how most of the characters in the story inherit their dragoon spirits and would allow for some roleplay and get them immediately involved in the story. of course in order for the players to kill them the dragoons need to be running around in your world to begin with.).

The focal points of the class are Dragoon form and Additions.

It would make the most sense to do away with SP entirely and have Dragoon form be available a number of times per day according to level in the class. It grants numerous immunities and resistances as well as flight and dragoon magic. I've chosen to have the dragoon magic represented via a point pool similar to psionics, with the ability to modify your dragoon spells and granted abilities to add versatility. (we can't have our dragoons getting their butts kicked in D&D now can we :smallwink:)

The Additions would have to be Martial Disciplines. The trouble here is I don't have any experience with ToB, so I don't know if I would have to create my own to fit the flavor of each kind of dragoon, or just kind of bastardize an amalgam of stances and strikes from existing disciplines. This is the weakest part conceptually right now.

So there it is playground, come to my rescue.

nysisobli
2011-01-11, 10:53 AM
Give me just a couple of days and i will see what i can do ;) Ill give you a base template to work around

dragonfan6490
2011-01-14, 06:51 PM
I'm definitely looking forward to this, I love the Legend of Dragoon and have been trying to figure out how to implement it in d20 as well.

Popertop
2011-01-16, 12:54 AM
one of the things I'm worried about is how to handle the dragoons' magic power

dragonfan6490
2011-01-16, 11:58 AM
Well, you have the Dragoon Form available x times per day, then when in Dragoon form, they could have "charges" for their magic. i.e. Say they have x charges, each spell uses 1 charge/rank, so flame shot would take 1 charge, explosion would cost 2, etc. When all of their charges are used, they can no longer cast their spells during this transformation. When they revert back to normal form, say they have to wait x number of rounds/minutes/hours before they can transform again, and their charges would be back.

This is just an idea though.

Dragonus45
2011-01-16, 12:27 PM
Perhaps give the the ability to use spells as a sorcerer for x time per day off a dragoon only spell list, and only while transformed.

Popertop
2011-01-16, 02:35 PM
I also want to incorporate the Dragoon's insanity somehow, either as a roleplay requirement, or an actual mechanic.

I'm now wondering if there would be a system more suited to this type of thing...

Cieyrin
2011-01-16, 02:50 PM
I also want to incorporate the Dragoon's insanity somehow, either as a roleplay requirement, or an actual mechanic.

I'm now wondering if there would be a system more suited to this type of thing...

Use Taint from Heroes of Horror? It seems like a good way to use an existing mechanic that can physically and mentally warp characters.

Nihilarian
2011-01-17, 11:36 AM
I knew I wasn't the only person who liked LoD!

Additions... might be difficult to do. I'm not really sure ToB would be the best, as ToB is based, mostly, off of making a single attack. Still... This (
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134088) might help.
In a simple form, I would make additions full attacks, perhaps getting a bonus on damage for each attack that hits? If instead you're using ToB, it's probably best to create your own paths. The problem, is that you would end up with multiple paths intent on the same thing; lots of attacks. Maybe a single path, with different benefits depending on weapon?

On immunities: which immunities? The Dragon Type (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/typesSubtypes.htm#dragonType) grants a few immunities, and the resistances can be based on which element, obviously. It makes sense that the artifact grants the dragon type (or perhaps the dragonblood subtype?) while you are using it.

On magic: From what I remember, there were only 3 spells, including 1 summon spell. I honestly can't remember the number of MP you have to cast them, but I don't think 3 spells is going to cut it. I think you should give them a proper list of (spells/powers/whatever). This is kind of a problem: I think this might be the only class that has to be in a "mode" of some sort to cast spells. As a matter of fact...

A person in Dragoon form fights completely differently from normal. Besides spells, the additions are removed, aren't they? Instead, you have a different way of attacking. This might be a problem.

Popertop
2011-01-17, 01:41 PM
I knew I wasn't the only person who liked LoD!

Additions... might be difficult to do. Maybe a single path, with different benefits depending on weapon?

On immunities: which immunities? The Dragon Type (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/typesSubtypes.htm#dragonType) grants a few immunities, and the resistances can be based on which element, obviously. It makes sense that the artifact grants the dragon type (or perhaps the dragonblood subtype?) while you are using it.

On magic: From what I remember, there were only 3 spells, including 1 summon spell. I honestly can't remember the number of MP you have to cast them, but I don't think 3 spells is going to cut it. I think you should give them a proper list of (spells/powers/whatever). This is kind of a problem: I think this might be the only class that has to be in a "mode" of some sort to cast spells. As a matter of fact...

A person in Dragoon form fights completely differently from normal. Besides spells, the additions are removed, aren't they? Instead, you have a different way of attacking. This might be a problem.

Additions: Yeah I was actually thinking of basing it more off the individual weapon they use. For the red dragoon, I was going to use bladed weapons (longsword, greatsword etc) and for white dragoon bows (shortbow, longbow etc).

Immunities: Dragonblood subtype is probably going to be best. I was going to grant them pretty much the same immunities it grants them in the game: Mind affecting, Poison, Stun, Paralysis probably a few others. I would also start them off with resistance 5 according to element, ending up at level 10 with full immunity.

Spells: Yeah, this is going to be the big issue. I know 3 isn't gonna cut it. I'm really not well versed enough in spells to know how to devise a list for each dragoon. I think instead of the summon spell, they could transform into a dragon for a limited number of rounds as a SLA as the capstone. I wanted to offer some more versatility than the game with the dragoon magic for obvious reasons.

Yeah this is the brick wall I keep running into.

Nihilarian
2011-01-18, 09:34 AM
Additions: Yeah I was actually thinking of basing it more off the individual weapon they use. For the red dragoon, I was going to use bladed weapons (longsword, greatsword etc) and for white dragoon bows (shortbow, longbow etc).

Immunities: Dragonblood subtype is probably going to be best. I was going to grant them pretty much the same immunities it grants them in the game: Mind affecting, Poison, Stun, Paralysis probably a few others. I would also start them off with resistance 5 according to element, ending up at level 10 with full immunity.

Spells: Yeah, this is going to be the big issue. I know 3 isn't gonna cut it. I'm really not well versed enough in spells to know how to devise a list for each dragoon. I think instead of the summon spell, they could transform into a dragon for a limited number of rounds as a SLA as the capstone. I wanted to offer some more versatility than the game with the dragoon magic for obvious reasons.

Yeah this is the brick wall I keep running into.

Why not do both summon and transform?

I was thinking, at 10th level they get to use Form of the Dragon 1/day. By then they should be 15th level, so no real balance issue. As for the summon, you could give them up to 4th level spells and create a unique summon spell. the summon spell would summon a dragon for 1 round (enough for him to make 1 attack) and take a full round action to cast. That might be difficult to balance though. It will be much easier if you use the spell points variant. With that, you can have the dragon's breath deal damage based on how many spell points you spend.

About ToB: I don't think there are any path's that use a single type of weapon (only longsword, greatsword, bastard sword, etc). Actually, the flavor of some of the paths may really work in your favor: Kongol has Stone Dragon, Rose has Shadow Hand, Dart has Desert Wind (this discipline is considered lackluster because there are too many fire resistant or immune creatures, which wouldn't be as much a problem in Darts world) etc. Using ToB and the Age of Warriors thread, you should be able to come up with a discipline for each character. Note that a lot of these maneuvers do focus on a single attack, while with additions you were trying to get as many attacks as possible... But ToB is generally considered a balanced resource. Perhaps you could make the dragoon form a stance unique to the class.

Sorry if none of that made sense, it's a bit early for me...

Cieyrin
2011-01-19, 03:58 PM
About ToB: I don't think there are any path's that use a single type of weapon (only longsword, greatsword, bastard sword, etc). Actually, the flavor of some of the paths may really work in your favor: Kongol has Stone Dragon, Rose has Shadow Hand, Dart has Desert Wind (this discipline is considered lackluster because there are too many fire resistant or immune creatures, which wouldn't be as much a problem in Darts world) etc. Using ToB and the Age of Warriors thread, you should be able to come up with a discipline for each character. Note that a lot of these maneuvers do focus on a single attack, while with additions you were trying to get as many attacks as possible... But ToB is generally considered a balanced resource. Perhaps you could make the dragoon form a stance unique to the class.

Having a discipline to each is a good idea. You may be making a stretch to get them all in a line, like Shana, given ToB doesn't play well with ranged attacks. You may want to check out ErrantX's Libram of Battle for some alternative disciplines that may fit the mix better: http://sorcererstudios.com/showthread.php?4-Libram-of-Battle-Disciplines-and-Explanations

The analogs I see are as follows:

Dart :: Fire = Consuming Flame (http://sorcererstudios.com/showthread.php?23-Consuming-Flame-%28100-done-Descriptions-in-progress-%29)
Lavitz/Albert :: Wind = Jade Throne (http://sorcererstudios.com/showthread.php?32-Jade-Throne-%28BETA%29)
Rose :: Darkness = Black Heron (http://sorcererstudios.com/showthread.php?6-Black-Heron-%28Complete%29)
Shana/Miranda :: Light = Solar Wind (http://sorcererstudios.com/showthread.php?83-Solar-Wind-%28BETA%29)
Haschel :: Thunder = Raging Storm (http://sorcererstudios.com/showthread.php?33-Raging-Storm-%28100-BETA%29)
Meru :: Water = Tidal Flux (http://sorcererstudios.com/showthread.php?115-Tidal-Flux-%28first-draft%29)
Kongol :: Earth = Unyielding Stone (http://sorcererstudios.com/showthread.php?30-Unyielding-Stone%28Beta-100-%29), though Unbreakable Colossus (http://sorcererstudios.com/showthread.php?10-Unbreakable-Colossus%28BETA-COMPLETE%29) might be a better fit for Kongol's combat style.

This way also kills two birds with one stone, as most of these disciplines are supernatural and can provide for what the spells tended to in the game. It's not a perfect conversion, no, but it'll give you a good feel of what you were capable of between the two.

Codemus
2011-01-19, 09:18 PM
Sweet! I love The Legend of Dragoon. I wouldn't say it's the best game in the world, but it's definately in the top fifty. :smallbiggrin:

Looking forward to it. I'll help where I can, but I don't have much experiance with making classes and such.

Popertop
2011-01-19, 10:17 PM
I guess I'm not altogether opposed to them having spells in their normal forms. They should get a boost to casting while in dragoon form then.

Nihilarian
2011-01-19, 11:48 PM
About Elements:

The element system in LoD is a bit wonky. D&D just doesn't have all of them.

Fire Dragoon - Fire, obviously
Water Dragoon - Cold is the best analog
Light Dragoon - Positive Energy is about the closest D&D has, but there is a problem with it, in that any positive energy attack will heal any living enemy.
Dark Dragoon - Negative Energy, much less of a problem
Earth Dragoon - Acid is generally used when translating other systems to D&D. You might also have earth be characterized by bludgeoning damage, but I think that might be a bit weak. Maybe instead of elemental resistances it grants a large amount of DR?
Wind Dragoon - Again, D&D doesn't use Wind. Sonic or Electricity is usually used.
Thunder Dragoon - Here's where it gets really weird. From what I remember, Thunder was actually more like Lightning, making Electricity a strong choice. The problem lies in the element system in the game. Thunder, in LoD, isn't strong against any element, or weak against any. This might be a problem if you want to retain the feel of the element. I'll note that Sonic damage, while it doesn't really match what the moves looked like, is more appropriate for the name given, and as an added benefit Sonic Resistance, Immunity and Vulnerability are all very rare.
Divine Dragoon (Non-elemental) - oddly enough, there is precedent for this in D&D. Untyped Divine energy is pretty much perfect. Like Thunder, Non-elemental isn't strong or weak against anything. The Divine energy is difficult to resist but I don't think there are enemies weak to it.

As I see it, you have a few options

1) Shoehorn the Dragoons into the game by converting them to their closest analogs
2) Make Dragoons based on D&D elements instead of LoD.
3) Change the setting so that it more closely mirrors LoD (Will require a lot more work)

For number 1, I advise:
FD - Fire
WaD - Cold
LD - Positive Energy?
DaD - Negative Energy (unless another option is used for LD)
ED - Acid?
WiD - Electricity?
TD - Sonic
DiD - Pure Divine Energy

For number 2, you should take a close look at elements already tied to dragons.

Popertop
2011-01-24, 12:11 PM
I was probably going to attempt to try a combination of 1 and 2.

I wonder if Nysis has made any progress...

bearddaddy
2019-01-18, 10:29 AM
I have this class finished. Been working on it and tweaking it for nearly two years now! I love LoD and Pathfinder, but this is a difficult Prestige Class to incorporate into this system (or DND).

I can post it later today for everyone. I actually made two versions, one for spellcasters and one for melee combatants.

Anyone who wants to try them out and play test them for me are welcome, and honest feedback would be greatly appreciated! Please give me some time time to type out the information and post, I will try to have it uploaded to this thread by the end of the day, if not, then before.

I hope you all will enjoy it!

noob
2019-01-18, 10:38 AM
Light Dragoon - Positive Energy is about the closest D&D has, but there is a problem with it, in that any positive energy attack will heal any living enemy.

That is false.
Positive energy does not necessarily heals living.
See ravids and the varied undead disrupting spells

bearddaddy
2019-01-18, 12:38 PM
I'll attempt this now, I'm posting this from my phone. I'm just going to post it; I don't have a link of this class anywhere online.

I'm sure most on this thread are familiar with the history and description of this class, but for game purposes I will use this:

Legends of old depict dragons being close to death, and desiring immortality they infused their souls in magical items to live on through those living!

The Dragoon (Caster)
Prerequisites: able to cast 3rd level arcane/Divine spells; Speak Language (Draconic); Feats: Spell Focus (Conjuration), Augment Summoning

Special: Must have either found a Dragoon Spirit already containing the soul/essence of a Dragon, or have a Dragon willingly create a Dragoon Spirit with his life force. The Spirit must also choose the Dragoon, and desire to grant him these abilities for the betterment (or detriment) of mankind.

Alignment: Any; Cannot be two steps away from the alignment of the dragon spirit contained in the Dragoon Spirit Totem.

Hit Die- D10

Skills: Acrobatics(or jump), Craft, Intimidate, Knowledge (History), Knowledge (Arcana), Knowledge (The Planes), Perception (or listen and search), Sense Motive, Spellcraft.

Skill Points: 4+Int Mod

Weapon And Armor Proficiency: All Dragoons are proficient with all Simple Weapons, all types of Armor, but not with Shields. In addition, upon entering the class, the Dragoon may choose one Martial Weapon to become proficient with.

The Dragoon
Level/Base Attack Bonus/Fort/Ref/Will
1. +1 +2 +0 +2
2. +2 +3 +0 +3
3. +3 +3 +1 +3
4. +4 +4 +1 +4
5. +5 +4 +1 +4
6. +6/1 +5 +2 +5
7. +7/2 +5 +2 +5
8. +8/3 +6 +2 +6
9. +9/4 +6 +3 +6
10. +10/5 +7 +3 +7
Add +1 Spellcasting class each level. If two Spellcasting classes are available, the Dragoon must choose which one to increase each level.

Class Features:
Level
1. Dragoon Spirit (or Totem) Fly-By Attack, Dragoon Form 1/day, Bonus Feat
2. Aeriel Combat
3. 1/2 Dragon Summoning 1/day; Addition Attack 1/day
4. Dragoon Form 2/day, Aerobatics, Bonus Feat
5. Greater Dragoon Form, Spirited Dive
6. Dragoon Form 3/day, Dragon Power, Addition Attack 2/day
7. 1/2 Dragon Summoning 2/day, Advanced Aerial Combat
8. Dragoon Form 4/day, Bonus Feat
9. Dragon Power, Addition Attack 3/day
10. Dragoon Form 5/day, Perfect Dragoon Form, Summon Great Wyrm Spirit

Dragoon Spirit: All types of Dragons from all types of realms once sought immortality. For those lucky enough to obtain one of their spirits, a number of abilities will be granted! If this item/orb is ever lose or stolen, the Dragoon loses his ability to transform, to transform. The Dragoon will lose all Dragon Powers and class Features except for Feats granted from this class. If the Dragoon has other means of flying, he may still benefit from most of the feats granted by this class. His ability to augment his Summon Monster Spell will not be lost; nor will his Addition Attacks be relinquished. The only Summon he will not be able to perform is the great Wyrm Summon if he is to ever to lose his totem/spirit.

You can use your own imaginations when determining the Type of Dragon contained in the Dragoon Spirit. I have two examples I will use here to explain how I tried to make it work:

Bronze: Energy Type: Electricity.
Platinum (for the white healing Dragoon): Energy Type: Positive/Healing

(Sidenote: In this new campaign we started, two of my players chose this prestige class! One is playing a Bloodrager, the other is playing as a Cleric).

Fly-By Attack: At first level, the Dragoon learns this feat as a bonus feat.

Dragoon Form: As a Full-Round Action, The Dragoon may summon the Dragoon Spirit to bolster his physical appearance (including items worn and wielded). His Weapon catches aflame(energy), and his armor assimilates into his body, becoming a part of him.
A burst of energy of the chosen type shrouds around the Dragoon, damaging anyone engaging in close combat or simply passing close by.

This Transformation lasts a number of rounds = to The Dragoons' level + His Con Mod (do not include the bonus to con in this calculation).
Grants: +4 Str, +4 Con; Adds Chosen Energy Type to any weapon or natural weapon attacks (+1d6)
Gain Fly Speed 30ft. (Poor)
Energy Aura (5ft) 1d6 energy damage to anyone within 5ft.
+4 Natural Armor
Grants 5+Dragoon Level Spell Reistance
Grants DR5/Dragon's Bane (think dragon buster)
Grants energy resistance 5 of chosen energy type (stacks with any other energy resistance the character may already possess).
If a Dragoon in Dragoon Form hits with every attack in his repoirtoire during a full attack, he can make an extra attack at his highest base attack bonus at no penalty.

Greater Dragoon Form:
Same as Dragoon Form, except as noted here; Can transform as a Standard Action. As the Dragoon familiarizes himself with the Spirit contained inside the Totem, it becomes easier to access. It becomes more apart of him the longer they are together.
+6 Str, +6 Con
+6 Natural Armor
SR 10+Dragoon Level
DR 10/Dragon's Bane
Fly Increases to 60ft. (Average)
Energy Resistance 10
Energy Damage increases to 2d6 and Energy Aura increases to 10ft.

Perfect Dragoon Form: Can Transform as a Free Action 1/day. The Dragoon has become so familiar with the Spirit that it is nearly effortless to assume it's form!
+8 Str, +8 Con
+8 Natural Armor
SR 15+Dragoon Level
DR 15/Dragon's Bane
3d6 Energy Damage
15ft Aura
Fly (90ft) (Good)

Aeriel Combat: The Dragoon gains Aeriel Combat as a bonus feat, even if he does not meet the prerequisites;

Aerial Combat [General, Aerial][edit]

You are trained to fight while in flight.

Prerequisite:*Str*15,*Dex*15

Benefit:*When using weapons in flight you gain +2 to attack rolls.

Aerobatics: Gained as a bonus feat;
Aerobatics [General]

You are at home in the air. You understand the properties of wind resistance and aerodynamics and how to optimize your situation in the air.

Prerequisite:

Benefit:*You improve your maneuverability class by one step when using any ability to fly. This includes flying mounts if you have the ability to guide them. You also increase your base flying speed by +5'.

1/2 Dragon Summoning: This ability is granted at 3rd Level and usable once per day. An additional use per day is granted at 6th level and 9th level.
The Dragoon can augment any Summon Monster Spell he can cast to gain the 1/2 Dragon Template of his chosen Dragon Type. Do not forget to add +4 Str, +4 Con from Augment Summoning to this creature.

Addition Attack: The Dragoon is taught by the Dragoon Spirit ancient battle tactics long forgotten by the world. At the cost of accuracy and granting his target a chance to counter his attacks, the Dragoon may take additional attacks (only during a full attack action).
The Dragoon may take a -3 Penalty to all of his attacks in a round (including the Addition Attacks that he takes) to gain an Addition Attack against a single target.
The Dragoon may take as many Addition attacks as he likes, but each additional attack beyond the -3 Penalty is culmultive and also adds another -2 Penalty, and he may not subtract beyond his base attack bonus.

For instance, if he wants to Make his Addition Attacks 3 for his full attack action, then he must take a -7 Penalty to every attack that round; His addition attacks are all configured at his highest Attack Bonus.

Example: Jozan, the 6th Level Cleric/3rd level Dragoon is facing an Ogre. His Attack Bonus for his +2 Spear is +11/+6 Normally. Jozan decides he wants to use his Addition Attack for the day, and decides he wants to add two Addition Attacks to his full attack action. He targets the Ogre, declares he is using his Addition Attack, and takes -5 from all attacks. His full attack would be +6/+1/+6/+6.

If an Addition Attack adds two attacks, the Target is allowed to make a reflex save after the first attack and attempt an Attack Of Opportunity as an immediate action (that doesn't count against his normal allotment for the round). The DC is equal to 10+Dragoon Level + Highest attack bonus for that round. If successful, the Target is allowed an attack, and if the attack is successful, the Addition Attack ends.

Dragon Power: At 3rd, 6th, and 9th level the Dragoon may choose a granted ability from this list:

Quick Transformation 1/day the Dragoon may transform as an immediate action. If chosen, this ability is usable 2/day at 10th level.

Large Transformation: The Dragoon Spirit increases the Dragoons' size during his transformation

Breath Weapon: The Dragoon is able to use a breath Weapon (30ft. Cone or 30ft. Line, depending on energy type) 1/day. 2/day at 5th level and 3/day at 10th. This Dragon Power allows the Dragoon to enhance his breath Weapon with Feats. 1d6/ level DC 10+Dragoon Level +Cha Mod

Dragon Movement: The Dragoon gains a movement speed the Dragoon Spirit had in life. Example: A Bronze Dragon has a Swim Speed.

Dragon Spell-Like Ability: The Dragoon is able to cast a number of spells available to the Dragon when it was alive. It can use these spells a number of times per day equal to his Cha Mod. At 5th Level and 10th level choose an additional spell from the Dragon's stat block. They are cast as a sorcerer caster level equal to HD.

Bonus Feat List: MetaMagic Feats, Weapon Focus (Martial Weapon chosen), Weapon Specialization (Martial Weapon Chosen), Draconic Heritage Feats, Extra Dragoon Form, Extra Dragon Power, Dive Bomb, Improved Dive Bomb, Greater Dive Bomb, Spin Attack, Power Attack, Cleave, Great Cleave, Improved Critical

Spirited Dive: Gains Spirited Dive as a Bonus Feat at 5th Level;
Spirited Dive [Monster, Fighter]

The creature can perform a terrifying dive-bomb attack.

Prerequisite

Fly speed,*Flyby Attack

Benefit

When performing a dive attack, the creature can inflict triple damage with a successful claw or weapon attack. Like a standard dive attack, the creature gains a +2 attack bonus but suffers a 2 penalty to AC when making this attack. The creature can still use its*Flyby Attack*feat when making a Spirited Dive.

Normal

All flying creatures can make diving claw attacks that inflict double damage and gain the benefits of a charge (+2 attack bonus, -2 penalty to AC).

Advanced Aeriel Combat: Gain Advanced Aeriel Combat as a Bonus Feat at 7th Level, even if prerequisites aren't met;
Advanced Aerial Combat [General, Aerial][edit]

You have become so effective in combat that you have learned to control a greater area in the battlefield.

Prerequisite:*Str*15,*Dex*15, Aerial Combat

Benefit:*Your effective attack area is double that of normal.

Advanced Aerobatics: Gained as a bonus feat at 9th Level, even if prerequisites aren't met;
Advanced Aerobatics [Aerial][edit]

You are truly at home in the air. You understand the properties of wind resistance and aerodynamics nearly perfectly

Prerequisite:*, int 13, Fly Speed, Aerobatics

Benefit:*You gain +2 to dex and an additional +2 to AC while flying

Summon Great Wyrm Spirit: 10th level Spell Like Ability (While Transformed) 1/day; 10d6 40ft Area Attack of chosen energy. The Platinum Dragon is a healing effect of Positive Energy

And that is my Dragoon Prestige Class for Pathfinder. This took me an hour to type, so I am not going to post the Melee Combatant version until tomorrow. Thanks for your patience and feedback!