PDA

View Full Version : Size and ToB

LibraryOgre
2011-01-11, 03:20 PM
This may well be answered in ToB, but I'm away from the book right now and curious.

How does Large (or larger) size interact with maneuvers? If I give a Frost Giant a couple maneuvers, does he do human-scale damage with them, or does he do more because he's big?

FMArthur
2011-01-11, 03:22 PM
Only his weapon damage will improve and not the damage from the maneuvers themselves, unless otherwise stated.

CockroachTeaParty
2011-01-11, 03:22 PM
I don't think maneuver damage scales with size. I don't have access to the book right now, but I don't recall there being any disadvantages or advantages to being larger or smaller than Medium, except with a few maneuvers like the Setting Sun throws.

Keld Denar
2011-01-11, 03:25 PM
Foehammer does +2d6 whether you are a pixie or a titan. The only thing that changes is base weapon damage and other modifiers such as strength.

Zaq
2011-01-11, 03:25 PM
Halflings don't do less damage with maneuvers than dwarves do, and giants don't do any more than either of them. It's like sneak attack damage: it's just there, independent of size.

Of course, the giant is likely to have a better STR bonus, and size will come into play any time that there's normal weapon damage involved, but straight extra damage from maneuvers doesn't care about size. And honestly, that's a good thing . . . I don't want a gnomish crusader to be inherently drastically limited (or at least a step behind in damage) compared to a human one.

FMArthur
2011-01-11, 03:29 PM
Although he can still take advantage of his size with Setting Sun's trip-based maneuvers and probably some bullrush or grapple maneuvers elsewhere.

Person_Man
2011-01-11, 03:31 PM
As a side note, this is one of the reasons why a Hengeyokai or Tibbit (or any sufficiently small) Tome of Battle build with Confound the Big Folk is so awesome.

Greenish
2011-01-11, 03:33 PM
Although he can still take advantage of his size with Setting Sun's trip-based maneuvers and probably some bullrush or grapple maneuvers elsewhere.There are also some maneuvers that multiply your damage (Ruby/Diamond Nightmare Blades), which would obviously work just dandy.